New Jersey CAGs unite

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So, you guys found any good deals in your area?

The Blockbuster in Teaneck (on Cedar Lane) has Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition (PS2), Oddworld Strangers Wrath, and Doom 3 for $9.99 each and they have a buy 2 get one free deal as well.

The BestBuy in Garden State Plaza is usually good for penny guides. I know they have had a few GTA:SA and Destroy all Humans left (as of 2 weeks ago), but I have not had the time to go there. They do not make a fuss about selling penny guides and the manager is cool about selling them. However, I have recently noticed that they started throwing away a lot of guides to make room for new games.

Although not in NJ, Palisades Mall is a great place for getting games and penny guides. The BestBuy always seems to have the best selection of guides in the area. Also, the Circuit City seems to always have bargin games somewhere in the back.

EDIT: I will switch it to NJ in general

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Anyone planning on hitting up the TRU in Parsippany? Or has anyone seen what the selection is looking like?[/QUOTE]

havent been to that one.

grabbed some good stuff on the rt 10 TRU, but its picked bare now.

let me know if its worth it to hit the parsippany one.

[quote name='peloquin17']havent been to that one.

grabbed some good stuff on the rt 10 TRU, but its picked bare now.

let me know if its worth it to hit the parsippany one.[/QUOTE]

the store on rt 10 is one of the best in the area IMO, if you catch it quick they usually have some good stuff

while i was going to rutgers i noticed most stores there sucked because of rutgers being near by cheap ass college students........turn into cheap ass adults i guess

the area of rt 46 is hit or miss i think either ya get lucky or you get shafted cant really depend on them

any other area stores that seem good or really bad?

[quote name='Madskills1182']I live in central NJ. Anyone know of any good arcades left??[/QUOTE]

Not sure how far away you are from Wayne, but the Willowbrook mall still has a pretty good arcade in it.

[quote name='Madskills1182']Any fighting games??[/QUOTE]

I don't go there too often, but they stay up to date with most of the new machines. They used to have a few tekken, SF, and marvel vs capcom machines so I'm sure they have whatever is being played now.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Anyone planning on hitting up the TRU in Parsippany? Or has anyone seen what the selection is looking like?[/QUOTE]
I went to that TRU last Saturday looking for some good deals on wireless controllers, but even after the 40% off it's not that cheap. They barely have any 1st party accessories, only Playstation ones, no GC or XBOX 1st party. Games selection seem decent, but then again 20% off isn't that good considering the deals we've seen from them.
I'd wait to go back there in a few weeks to see if there's a bigger % off on games & accessories.

I picked up a 12+1 Month Xbox Live card at the Parsippany TRU for $29.99 after the 40% off. Anything else worth picking up seemed to be OOS or still too expensive. If anyone is interested, they still had a bunch left last time I checked, but they were behind the counter as opposed to being on the shelf.

Regarding arcades, is there still that arcade in the Rockaway Mall? If I remember correctly, it is/used to be near FYE. I always forget to check everytime I go to the ever-expanding Rockaway Mall.

[quote name='THPS']Regarding arcades, is there still that arcade in the Rockaway Mall? If I remember correctly, it is/used to be near FYE. I always forget to check everytime I go to the ever-expanding Rockaway Mall.[/QUOTE]

It is still there but they tried to turn it more into a family style arcade with those shitty games you get tickets for playing and you can trade them in for spider rings and stuff. Not the smoky, dark environment you want from an arcade. They do have some newer games, but everything is too expensive for me now.

I stopped by the Parsippany TRU today to see if they had anything worth getting left. In the 360 realm all they had were some wires, a bunch of faceplates, a ton of 3 month Live cards, 2 copies of Perfect Dark Zero, and 1 copy of Kameo.

They still had a bunch of other systems (Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, and GBA SP) at 20% off. The games were missing a lot of course but there was still some stuff I needed there. They actually had a pretty good selection of Gamecube and DS games like Advance Wars DS, Castlevania DS, and the new Fire Emblem for Gamecube.

There was not much left at all in accessories for any videogame systems. Just a bunch of crappy 3rd party stuff.

Toywise they are still in pretty good shape, though when I checked the Lego section for a friend of mine I found that particular section had been decimated.

[quote name='Madskills1182']Any fighting games??[/QUOTE]

if your in the dunellen area than go to 8 on the break...the arcade is a little shabby but most of the games are fighting as in

TTT
T5
SF III Third Stirk
MvC 1
MvC 2
Generator vs Specter (Break Exclusive)
CvSNK 2
SF Ex II
SSF II Turbo hyper fighting
MK III
also others include
Initial D ver 3
Point Blank
In The Groove ver 2.0
DDR 8th mix
Busta Move
Pac Jr
Drill Spirits
pinball machines

well there are a few problems with the break and fun n games at willowbrook

the break doesn't have any competition usually unless there is a big tournament being run there. stuff like clash, east coast championships, breakdown, etc. someone runs a weekly tourney on thursdays but i don't think anyone shows up. the machines run well at least

fun n games has people but most of them are scrubs or new guys, which is cool i guess. the only problem is that the street fighter 3: third strike machine has crazy problems with the controls, capcom vs snk 2 is in a small fucking cab and the controls are messed up too, and the 3 mvc2 (why 3???) are in nice big cabs but again the controls aren't perfect. tekken 5 works fine but they charge a dollar and only the mallrats play.

it's like they're trying to piss people off or something it's terrible

[quote name='Xiasis']Any scarlet knights here? or am i the only one?[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about Morris Hills, then yes, I was a Scarlet Knight.

enjoy RU and eat at the grease trucks at least once, your education isnt complete until you have stumbled there on your way to the bus :whistle2:D

[quote name='chimpian']enjoy RU and eat at the grease trucks at least once, your education isnt complete until you have stumbled there on your way to the bus :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

i almost threw up trying a gyro from one of the trucks. although the Fat Cat was pretty good.

Another Central Jersey resident here (Edison to be precise). I'm at school in Pennsylvania (last semester!) but it's nice to know there are still Jersey-ites who keep on top of things.

And the grease trucks are awesome. So much cholesterol in such a small delicious package.

[quote name='Xiasis']Any scarlet knights here? or am i the only one?[/QUOTE]

RU alumni.

as far as the grease trucks go...

the hungry eye (if its still there) for breakfast and jimmy's for everything else.

we used to have jimmy's on speed dial.

MV deli is the shit for lunch too. we used to live right around the block. for $2.50 you get a massive sub.

I moved into the Edison/Piscataway area in July- been looking for good & cheap eats around RU. Where is this MV deli? ^_^' Any other places you'd suggest we try out?

Dalismo, are there any places anywhere that's accepting reservations/pre-orders for PS3?

Has anyone seen the new issue of Animerica at any best buys in NJ with the 15% (30% RZ) off anime? The one in East Brunswick on Rt. 18 only had the Fall '05 issue..

[quote name='yuy104']I moved into the Edison/Piscataway area in July- been looking for good & cheap eats around RU. Where is this MV deli? ^_^' Any other places you'd suggest we try out?

Dalismo, are there any places anywhere that's accepting reservations/pre-orders for PS3?[/QUOTE]

if mv deli still exists, its on easton ave.

almost directly across from cluck-u

also, if they still have it, the mashed potato sandwich at cluck-u used to be pretty cheap ($1.25). dont know if they still have it.

i havent been there in a while.

Roselle Park, New Jersey here. I think I may trek over to the Parsippany TRU to see if they have anything good left. I doubt it though.

[quote name='Cheesegod']Roselle Park, New Jersey here. I think I may trek over to the Parsippany TRU to see if they have anything good left. I doubt it though.[/QUOTE]

Went to this TRU this weekend. Quite a bit left. Tons of Psychonauts for XBox for $20 after tax. A lot of Donkey Kongas with bongos for $30 before tax and a lot of newer games around. I only picked up Psychonauts and I'm hoping that Donkey Konga will drop once more before I pick it up.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Went to this TRU this weekend. Quite a bit left. Tons of Psychonauts for XBox for $20 after tax. A lot of Donkey Kongas with bongos for $30 before tax and a lot of newer games around. I only picked up Psychonauts and I'm hoping that Donkey Konga will drop once more before I pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I was looking for both of those. Any good DS games left?

[quote name='Cheesegod']Sweet, I was looking for both of those. Any good DS games left?[/QUOTE]

I didn't really look well, but I'm pretty sure I saw a Trace Memory lying around.

[quote name='yuy104']I moved into the Edison/Piscataway area in July- been looking for good & cheap eats around RU. Where is this MV deli? ^_^' Any other places you'd suggest we try out?

Dalismo, are there any places anywhere that's accepting reservations/pre-orders for PS3?[/QUOTE]

no place is accepting them yet...my friend manages the EB in Bridgewater mall and when she lets me know...i will drop it here.

I go to Rutgers. It's worthless.

Another good arcade in the central area might be the one down in Dunnellen. I used to go down there when Soul Calibur II first hit, because that was the only place that seemed to have it. There's also a comic store called Boyhood Dreams nearby.

[quote name='Megalith']I go to Rutgers. It's worthless.

Another good arcade in the central area might be the one down in Dunnellen. I used to go down there when Soul Calibur II first hit, because that was the only place that seemed to have it. There's also a comic store called Boyhood Dreams nearby.[/QUOTE]

Boyhood dreams is long gone..i still go just to play some Initial D and Third Strike.

my friend told me to sign up for deals here YOU GIGANTIC $$$$$$

are you running cvs2 or are you going to pretend to go to fng

The TRU in Parsippany has some games left. Not much though. I forgot about Dead to Rights 2. I might go later and pick that up for $6.00. They had a ton of GTA: VC & III Combos for the Xbox. I'm talking like 15-20 copies.

The BB on Route 22 in Union has plenty of them. I picked up about 10 yesterday and they completely refilled the thing by today. I have used 3 so far getting all 3 of the new season sets of Rurouni Kenshin. I plan to use 3 more tommorrow.

[quote name='yuy104']Has anyone seen the new issue of Animerica at any best buys in NJ with the 15% (30% RZ) off anime? The one in East Brunswick on Rt. 18 only had the Fall '05 issue..[/QUOTE]

I haven't checked for it at the Route 18 store, but the one in Freehold and Woodbridge have them. Woodbridge had plenty when I was there on VD.

Also, this is completely off topic, but does anyone know where the hell you end up if you keep driving on Route 18 South, LoL. I wasn't paying attention and I missed my exit, and I could have swore I must have driven 900 miles waiting for a U-Turn before giving up and using one of those "NO TURNS" things in between the highways.

Oh well, I better buy a damn map one of these days.

[quote name='Megalith']Also, this is completely off topic, but does anyone know where the hell you end up if you keep driving on Route 18 South, LoL. I wasn't paying attention and I missed my exit, and I could have swore I must have driven 900 miles waiting for a U-Turn before giving up and using one of those "NO TURNS" things in between the highways.

Oh well, I better buy a damn map one of these days.[/QUOTE]

Route 18 South ends right before Belmar, so you would be forced to get off, then get back on going back North.

img13.gif

This 2001 photo shows the southbound NJ 18 Freeway terminating at EXIT 6 (NJ 138) in Wall Township. Over the years, there have been plans to extend the NJ 18 Freeway south to Brielle. (Photo by Chris Mason.)

Posted this in the CC Clearance thread too...

Finally got a solid pickup at the CC in Mays Landing, NJ:

All for $3 each:

Second Sight (x-box)
Vietcong: Purple Haze (x-box)
S.R.S. (Cube)
Rainbow 6: 3 (Cube)
Eyetoy Groove (PS2)
Viewtiful Joe (PS2)

It seems like they had a lot of clearance stuff on hand, (esp. Eyetoy Groove)

Anyone find decent games at Target on clearance in central NJ area? I could've sworn I saw Trace Memory at the Menlo Park Target before the drop, but didn't see any more...

If anyone's looking for that Xbox 360 kit for $19.99 in north east NJ don't bother

Sears (route 22) - calls best buy, they say it's price error
Comp USA (Route 22 Springfield) - thought it was gonna happen but the guy went in the back, came out a minute later and was like no
Circuit City (route 22 union) - YES but they didn't have many left, only 1 more when I got it this morning at 10am
Toys R Us (Route 22 Union) - no, too much of a difference

The Sears at Woodbridge Mall was so close to selling me the XBOX 360 subscription w/ pricematch yesterday...but the higher-up guy came by and was trying to match EVERY DETAIL on the Best Buy ad to the boxes THEY carried, and the reasoning he gave was that the "circles on their ad is in the middle of the box, and the one we sell has circles to the left. There's no model number or anything, how can we be sure it's the same item?" o_O How ANAL can you be?!?! He even started to yell, saying "it's NOT the same thing! We can't sell it to you, we'd be making no profit!" Well, DUH! Why even bother with the price match policy then?!?! I felt he was too dumb for me to waste my time trying to explain to him there's only 1 kind of 12-month subscriptions to XBOX Live there are (not that I use it).

The GOOD thing is, earlier that day I went to Sears Essentials in Piscataway to try the PM, they turned me down noting it was a misprint, but I found Castlevania CoD in a plastic box (those security ones) that has a 9.97 sticker on it! It scanned in at $19.97, but I read their Price Accuracy Pledge, even had to point it out to the guy in the Electronics dept, and says they'll charge the lower price if it scans in higher than labeled. It also says if the item is $5 - $100, they'll take $5 off (if

if anyone still needs a 360, i was inside of best buy on route 18 today on my way home from work and they had 10 xbox 360 cores, no premiums

[quote name='yuy104']The Sears at Woodbridge Mall was so close to selling me the XBOX 360 subscription w/ pricematch yesterday...but the higher-up guy came by and was trying to match EVERY DETAIL on the Best Buy ad to the boxes THEY carried, and the reasoning he gave was that the "circles on their ad is in the middle of the box, and the one we sell has circles to the left. There's no model number or anything, how can we be sure it's the same item?" o_O How ANAL can you be?!?! He even started to yell, saying "it's NOT the same thing! We can't sell it to you, we'd be making no profit!" Well, DUH! Why even bother with the price match policy then?!?! I felt he was too dumb for me to waste my time trying to explain to him there's only 1 kind of 12-month subscriptions to XBOX Live there are (not that I use it).

The GOOD thing is, earlier that day I went to Sears Essentials in Piscataway to try the PM, they turned me down noting it was a misprint, but I found Castlevania CoD in a plastic box (those security ones) that has a 9.97 sticker on it! It scanned in at $19.97, but I read their Price Accuracy Pledge, even had to point it out to the guy in the Electronics dept, and says they'll charge the lower price if it scans in higher than labeled. It also says if the item is $5 - $100, they'll take $5 off (if

bread's done
Back