New Jersey CAGs unite

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So, you guys found any good deals in your area?

The Blockbuster in Teaneck (on Cedar Lane) has Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition (PS2), Oddworld Strangers Wrath, and Doom 3 for $9.99 each and they have a buy 2 get one free deal as well.

The BestBuy in Garden State Plaza is usually good for penny guides. I know they have had a few GTA:SA and Destroy all Humans left (as of 2 weeks ago), but I have not had the time to go there. They do not make a fuss about selling penny guides and the manager is cool about selling them. However, I have recently noticed that they started throwing away a lot of guides to make room for new games.

Although not in NJ, Palisades Mall is a great place for getting games and penny guides. The BestBuy always seems to have the best selection of guides in the area. Also, the Circuit City seems to always have bargin games somewhere in the back.

EDIT: I will switch it to NJ in general

[quote name='ImReallyTired']ouch that sucks.

i would have pushed for more of an explanation...
and its pathetic because the store just opened and there is already shadiness going on? lame.[/quote]
The gamestops around clifton tend to suck

another new one opened in livingston/east hanover on the corner of rt 10 and eisnehower pkwy.

might stop by after work and check it out.

Today I was doing some local food shopping @ ShopRite and found out that they have a video game department there! Got GoW for $29.99!!!! Everywhere else it's friggin $59.99 + tax (which would be God-awful)... they also have a good amount of 360 games and Ps2 games marked down to $14.99. Every shoprite has a different inventory though so call ahead!!

P.S. Paterson-Oakland, NJ iz where I hold it doooooown :applause:

*Save The Applause*

come on guys idk why this thread isnt booming with deals, btw a lotta stores in willowbrook mall have xbox 360 games for 39.99(sears) also fye has a whole bunch of new deals too

[quote name='lostpirate']come on guys idk why this thread isnt booming with deals, btw a lotta stores in willowbrook mall have xbox 360 games for 39.99(sears) also fye has a whole bunch of new deals too[/quote]

I don't think I've ever found any good deals around here outside of a bestbuy,circit city,toys r us clearence sale. The best deals I've run into was on three sepreate occasions at a CD World in totowa on some used games. Found Disgaea for $30 when it was still rare, Zone of Enders 2 for $10, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the ps2 for $15.

Also, if you live around Clifton or Paterson you might want to check out Digital Press Videogames on 46 east in Cliftion. They got some good stuff there.

Elizabeth NJ person here.... no good deals going on in this town. The gamestops/eb games blow, and the one independent game store in the downtown area (broad street) tends to charge a few extra dollars on their items than eb games...

Thanks for that, motorkill. I go to Montclair State so I'm very close to digital press and I've never heard of it. I think I'll head over there tomorrow.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn but now I'm in Sussex County. Anyone else from around that area?

[quote name='motorkill']I don't think I've ever found any good deals around here outside of a bestbuy,circit city,toys r us clearence sale. The best deals I've run into was on three sepreate occasions at a CD World in totowa on some used games. Found Disgaea for $30 when it was still rare, Zone of Enders 2 for $10, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the ps2 for $15.

Also, if you live around Clifton or Paterson you might want to check out Digital Press Videogames on 46 east in Cliftion. They got some good stuff there.[/quote]

Wow Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for $15.00. When was this? I always go to that CD World in Totowa.

Newport mall in Jersey city has about forty rock band bundles so you should come to my Gamestop and buy them. And if you ever find a rental store named "talk of the town video, they might have $5 ps1 rpgs (i got BOF4, Grandia, dragon quest 5, and a couple others for $5 each) and they sometimes have ps2 games for 5 each, but the rpgs are a better find

[quote name='DomLando']Anyone find Mass Effect at any Kmarts?[/QUOTE]

The one in Lodi had it a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been there since so couldn't tell you for sure if they do or not.

Well if anybody cares, I picked up a copy of Disgaea 2 for 12.82 at the TRU in Totowa. If anyone wants one they had two copies left so get your ass down there if you can.

[quote name='kill3r7']The one in Lodi had it a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been there since so couldn't tell you for sure if they do or not.[/QUOTE]
I was just asking because some Kmarts were selling it before it came out. It doesn't matter anymore but thanks.

[quote name='assasin4hire']Newport mall in Jersey city has about forty rock band bundles so you should come to my Gamestop and buy them. And if you ever find a rental store named "talk of the town video, they might have $5 ps1 rpgs (i got BOF4, Grandia, dragon quest 5, and a couple others for $5 each) and they sometimes have ps2 games for 5 each, but the rpgs are a better find[/quote]

I stop by Newport Mall alot since its a very convenient location mall... PATH train :p

You work at that GS or you just visit it alot?

[quote name='TomoyoN']I stop by Newport Mall alot since its a very convenient location mall... PATH train :p

You work at that GS or you just visit it alot?[/quote]

I work there, I'm only a lowly Part Timer though so i'm hardly ever there.

I can't find any good video game deals around my area. I have to resort to only buying online to save some money on games. It seems most stores get cleaned out before I get there :(.

[quote name='ananag112']I can't find any good video game deals around my area. I have to resort to only buying online to save some money on games. It seems most stores get cleaned out before I get there :(.[/quote]

I just found this thread. I'm from Toms River.
Best deal ever.
Go to the Gamerush/Blockbuster thread in video game deals. Lots of oppurtunity to get stuff cheap by trading in games. Mostly buy on sale at EB and trade in for credit at Blockbuster.

I've been able to get a DS lite, Guitar Hero 3 for xbox, WWe 2008, Halo 3, $40 in gift cards for Xmas gifts, and I am $70 away from the PS3 bundle they sell.
The best deal so far was getting credit from Blockbuster for trading in Beowulf(paid $10 at bestbuy, got $36 in trade) did that a lot. Then took that credit, got Halo 3's, traded a few of them to gamestop, and got a wii, which i sold to cover any cash I laid out on stuff.
Some credit I got DS lites to flip on ebay for cash.
The best with that was when I was at Target after Xmas, they had their usual January toy clearance, and i got my daughters $800 worth of toys for $200 using the money made from Blockbuster.
My actually cash out of pocket right now is $100.

Was fun to write out all that i've gotten in just 6 weeks of flipping. Hope your inspired.

buy stuff, flip for credit, get stuff to sell for cash to buy stuff to flip, get stuff to keep and sell, eventually the cash will build up enough to just use 'their' money on stuff to flip.

Rich ass Hoboken is where it's at. Did you guys know that its a proven fact that Hoboken has the most amount of white kids who think their Gangsta in the world?

[quote name='stone1061']I just found this thread. I'm from Toms River.
Best deal ever.
Go to the Gamerush/Blockbuster thread in video game deals. Lots of oppurtunity to get stuff cheap by trading in games. Mostly buy on sale at EB and trade in for credit at Blockbuster.

I've been able to get a DS lite, Guitar Hero 3 for xbox, WWe 2008, Halo 3, $40 in gift cards for Xmas gifts, and I am $70 away from the PS3 bundle they sell.
The best deal so far was getting credit from Blockbuster for trading in Beowulf(paid $10 at bestbuy, got $36 in trade) did that a lot. Then took that credit, got Halo 3's, traded a few of them to gamestop, and got a wii, which i sold to cover any cash I laid out on stuff.
Some credit I got DS lites to flip on ebay for cash.
The best with that was when I was at Target after Xmas, they had their usual January toy clearance, and i got my daughters $800 worth of toys for $200 using the money made from Blockbuster.
My actually cash out of pocket right now is $100.

Was fun to write out all that i've gotten in just 6 weeks of flipping. Hope your inspired.

buy stuff, flip for credit, get stuff to sell for cash to buy stuff to flip, get stuff to keep and sell, eventually the cash will build up enough to just use 'their' money on stuff to flip.[/quote]

This is amazing... I need to consider this, thanks for the idea. :D

I'm in Union County, haven't really looked around this thread too much yet.

Cherry Hill reporting in...

Any good deals going around in the area?

As a tidbit, I saw a whole lot of Rock Band bundles at the GS in Echelon Village

Make sure you check out Next Level Videogames, that guy has some really rare stuff at great prices! Lots of imports too.

http://www.nlvideogames.com

store07.jpg

[quote name='grandamchandler']Make sure you check out Next Level Videogames, that guy has some really rare stuff at great prices! Lots of imports too.

[/quote]

I'd have to second this, best game store I have ever been in

They have tons of old games/systems as well as the imports, and things are better priced than as GS.

Also, the people working there are just plain nice.

Game Crazy, Get Call Of Duty4, You Get COD3 New For Free, And It's Only 40$. One Arounf Rowan Had Plenty & Were Clueless, Mantua Sold OUT.......

Just stumbled on this thread. Dirty Jerseyer here too.

Live in Newark area
Work in Parsippany area :cool:

Just a quick heads up for my fellow Jersey CAGs. The Target on Route 22 in Watchung had Wiis in stock. Picked up one for me. One was left there all alone looking for an owner (or Ebayer......)

[quote name='grandamchandler']Make sure you check out Next Level Videogames, that guy has some really rare stuff at great prices! Lots of imports too.

store07.jpg
[/quote]
How far is this place from New Brunswick? I'm a Rutgers student, and have been looking for any good deals I can get my hands on.

The only good game place I know is We've Got Freaking Video Games in I think Hamilton. Crazy collection of old games for decent prices. Managed to get my brand new copy of FFVIII and used Blast Corps there.

[quote name='theonecalledy2ckt']How far is this place from New Brunswick? I'm a Rutgers student, and have been looking for any good deals I can get my hands on.

The only good game place I know is We've Got Freaking Video Games in I think Hamilton. Crazy collection of old games for decent prices. Managed to get my brand new copy of FFVIII and used Blast Corps there.[/QUOTE]

This one is at the far south end of the state, sort of by Glassboro (Only reason I know that is serving time at Rowan for 3 years), quite the distance from NB, would be better off going to one of the places in Manhattan or Flushing, quicker, more stores, and can take the train!

[quote name='BigDirty']This one is at the far south end of the state, sort of by Glassboro (Only reason I know that is serving time at Rowan for 3 years), quite the distance from NB, would be better off going to one of the places in Manhattan or Flushing, quicker, more stores, and can take the train![/quote]

Where exactly in Manhattan? :)

[quote name='hawkhogan']Where exactly in Manhattan? :)[/QUOTE]

The only one I go to is J&L on elizabeth st off canal in Chinatown, some of the other "visiting nyc" threads have others' picks for places to go... check them out.

As for flushing, there's one on the corner of Northern & Main (about 2 blocks from the last stop on the 7), that I hit as well, and is pretty ok, not super cheap, but ok.

[quote name='stone1061']I just found this thread. I'm from Toms River. [/quote]

Nice, a TR CAG! I'm actually from Beachwood, but still... same area.

I just moved down to Marlton (and I work in Cherry Hill) from North Jersey. It's like they grow strip mall Gamestops on trees down here.

bread's done
Back