New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Went to K-Mart on a larf, and found copies of Diablo III for $12 which I guess wasn't too bad. However, they were also trying to pawn off a copy of Valkyria Chronicles II (PSP) for fifteen bucks. Are you high? I could get that game digitally and play it on my Vita for ten. fucking K-Mart is a joke.

Went to the local closing Kmart to see if anything was left. 

Crap, crap, crap, crap........ ohhh, what's this?  It was copy of R-Type Command for the PSP.  It was sealed but it had obviously been under a shelf for years; it appeared there was some wax that had ruined the slip cover.  No matter, I bet it's cheap enough that I could take the risk that the disc is still ok.  Besides, I'm an R-Type fan and I don't have this one yet. 

Cashier scans it, scans it again, then smacks a few buttons and asks if I want the extended protection on it. :rofl:   That will be $15.99. :wall:   They have about 20 pristine copies of MW3 for $10 and I'm gonna pay $16 for a damaged game that's clearly been hidden away for years?  I started to get mad then realized I was at Kmart, this shit is normal.  I just walked out.

Only about a week before they take this store out behind the shed to shoot it.

I know all of the recent online and in-store price cuts have been stealing all of the K-Mart/Sears headlines but here's a couple of possible ongoing clearance drops I found today:

:ps3: Resistance 3 - $6.00

:ps3: Puppeteer - $4.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Kmart here is a proverbial ghost town for video games. It looks like their last shipment was sometimes last year! Almost 90% of their video game stock was wiped out. The bottom storage cabinet had big signs over the compartments and clearly nothing in it. They did have one copy of Pokemon y for 14.99. All the value and clearance games are gone except for maybe 10 games with an exception of about 15 copies of final fantasy 13 for the ps3. This means a whole aisle in the electronics is basically empty. It's obvious this store is on its last leg except gasp! people seem to still be shopping there.

As far as skylanders their total selection was maybe 5-6 items, so all these sales in the weekly ad are basically false, they have no stock of them.

They only have one register open at all times and they never get at least 50% of the items in the Sunday ad.

went today and picked these up. some weren't tagged but i scanned them and they showed up at these prices

Ps Vita:

batman arkham origins blackgate $4

borderlands 2 $10

God of war collection $10

Ps3:

puppeteer $5

borderlands 2 $8

Was checking clearances games at my store. Decided to check the controllers. Had to break the cardboard to check it with no one around and found.

Luigi green Wii remote $8

Made me happy as green is my favorite color

My K-Mart looks like it is either going out of business or getting rid of the video games section. There were only a couple games scattered around inside the case with some crappy cheap games thrown in a small bin by the DVDs.

Nintendo Land still rings up at $24 here, so I'm holding out on it to see if it does drop more.

I'm almost positive there's a new employee at my KMart scarfing up all the good clearance stuff.  Oh well, I usually go there now and then looking for clearance electronics and always end up buying a few more things...guess I won't be going back as often if the games disappear so quickly after in the past they'd be there forever.  Guess it could be a fellow CAG or at least cag-minded person but I feel like it's not a coincidence I've seen a few new electronics employees at the same time, one of which always eyes me relentlessly when I'm looking at clearance.

Thanks for the heads up..great score today to go with my new Wii U.

Wii U Pro Controller - $20
Wonderful 101 - $6
Wii Fit U - $20

Wii Fit U appeared to be advertised at this price. Games section was empty though..only wii u games left were 3D land and lego city undercover.

Went by a store I usually am not near the other day and saw the following:

WiiU  Disney Infinity 1.0 Starter Pack    $19

Disney Infinity Lone Ranger Playsets    $9

Nintendo 3DS XL  Pink                          $120

May keep tabs on the 3DS.  Anyone seen those recently.

bread's done
Back