New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='JYabbz']
X-men: Wolverine (Uncaged Edition)
Spiderman: Web of Shadows
[/QUOTE]

Oh what the hell!!! I've been to like 6 different kmarts this month and last and didn't find those!!! But I did get The saboteur for $6..... DAMN IT ALL!!!!

fuck

Against my better judgment, I visited my local Kmart and found what I already figured would be true. Only a few games were on clearance with other electronics no one would want and the items that are on clearance were very over-priced. Should I be looking somewhere besides the electronics department for clearance games?

[quote name='superhippy1986']Oh what the hell!!! I've been to like 6 different kmarts this month and last and didn't find those!!! But I did get The saboteur for $6..... DAMN IT ALL!!!!

fuck[/QUOTE]

There is a couple of the Wolverine game left. I'll check it out next time I am there and maybe we can work out a trade :D. BTW, I enjoyed the Saboteur alot, not great but a fun game and a decent story line.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Against my better judgment, I visited my local Kmart and found what I already figured would be true. Only a few games were on clearance with other electronics no one would want and the items that are on clearance were very over-priced. Should I be looking somewhere besides the electronics department for clearance games?[/QUOTE]

Most of the gems I found are behind the glass case, ask one of the employees to open it up for you and pick up the ones you want while asking them to do a price check. All the games on the clearance tables, IMHO are truly junk, I guess they put the less desirable games there so they won't get stolen/lifted/damaged/etc.

[quote name='JYabbz']Most of the gems I found are behind the glass case, ask one of the employees to open it up for you and pick up the ones you want while asking them to do a price check. All the games on the clearance tables, IMHO are truly junk, I guess they put the less desirable games there so they won't get stolen/lifted/damaged/etc.[/QUOTE]
Oh how I wish our local Kmarts were like that still. The cases were packed with row upon row of stuff stashed behind each other. It was nice. You could walk in, have them pull out X, Y and Z games and walk out with 4-10 games for $20 every time.:cry:

Now anything $19.99 or under is on the appropriate rack outside the case and properly marked.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Oh how I wish our local Kmarts were like that still. The cases were packed with row upon row of stuff stashed behind each other. It was nice. You could walk in, have them pull out X, Y and Z games and walk out with 4-10 games for $20 every time.:cry:

Now anything $19.99 or under is on the appropriate rack outside the case and properly marked.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I lucked out, both of my local KMart have lazy employees and just put all the modern games behind the glass case all out of order and in different angles. So you actually have to ask the employees to open the case just to see whats there. Both the KMarts do have games outside the cases but mostly Wii, PS2, Gamecube, PSP games out. I basically picked clean the whole video game section but I am still waiting for games to drop: Transformers: WC, Just Cause 2, Enslaved, Vanquish.

The only good part about my local Kmarts is that the PS EYEs and PS3 chatpads aren't even marked at most of the stores here. So hopefully they'll drop to 75% off or so and I can snag them then. If they get cheap enough I plan on giving one to my buddies' family and one to his nieces so they can keep in touch via PSN video chat when they're gone back to Maine.

I went looking for $5 Wii games, but the case was barren. However, that led to the serendipitous discovery of a copy of the Metroid Trilogy, which had been buried away for years.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Raise your hand if you want kmart to go out of business for an end all be all sale!!!!![/QUOTE]

My closest store doesn't have enough stock to make that worthwhile. I would prefer people keep their jobs anyway.

[quote name='Invicta 61']My closest store doesn't have enough stock to make that worthwhile. I would prefer people keep their jobs anyway.[/QUOTE]

+1

people hoping for stores to go out of business are shortsighted buffoons.

not only are jobs good, more competition is good for US.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Raise your hand if you want kmart to go out of business for an end all be all sale!!!!![/QUOTE]
For as much as clearance sucks there nowadays, I'd rather that no one currently employed by Kmart lose their jobs. But unfortunately their current CEO(Eddie Lampert) seems as inept as the last couple of buffoons they had running the company. He's slowly running it into the ground while trying to make as much as he can for himself along the way.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For as much as clearance sucks there nowadays, I'd rather that no one currently employed by Kmart lose their jobs. But unfortunately their current CEO(Eddie Lampert) seems as inept as the last couple of buffoons they had running the company. He's slowly running it into the ground while trying to make as much as he can for himself along the way.[/QUOTE]

I seem to hear the same thing from people working for Sears/Kmart too.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Trust me Sears/Kmart wont be around for 2020 lol[/QUOTE]

They probably won't be around for 2014. You're not telling us anything we don't already know.

But there's 3 problems with your LOL thinking.

1) less competition
2) people lose jobs
3) liquidation companies have the worst "sales" ever

None of us are gonna gain anything by kmart going out of business. But hey, if you're so happy about it, good for you. :roll:

[quote name='chefgamer']GoW controller bundle was $36 got them to apply 25% discount for it being on clearance
(% off on bundle ymmv) 27plus tax out the door[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to say thanks a bunch. I knew my store near me had one of these. I finally was able to get there today and was happy when I saw that it was still there. The 25% didn't come off but I showed them the ad and they applied the discount. Not to mention I had like $11.XX shop your way reward credit, so picked it up for $16.XX. Amazing deal and once again I appreciate the heads up :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For as much as clearance sucks there nowadays, I'd rather that no one currently employed by Kmart lose their jobs. But unfortunately their current CEO(Eddie Lampert) seems as inept as the last couple of buffoons they had running the company. He's slowly running it into the ground while trying to make as much as he can for himself along the way.[/QUOTE]

+1. I never wish for anyone to loose their job, no matter how much I dislike the company, I am talking about you
icongs_r1.gif
. In the mean time, I will keep supporting my local KMarts for their awesome clearance section until the store closes it door.

My local Kmart wouldn't honor the 25% discount because he said that $5 is as low as they can go with clearance games which is bull considering there were a few games at front with prices below $5. I told customer service at front about this but they just replied that's just how it is.:whistle2:?

[quote name='DemiFiendRSA']My local Kmart wouldn't honor the 25% discount because he said that $5 is as low as they can go with clearance games which is bull considering there were a few games at front with prices below $5. I told customer service at front about this but they just replied that's just how it is.:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

And you just accepted that? I know some people don't like to cause a commotion, but I would tell them I'm calling up coroprate. Wait. Does Kmart even have a corporate?

[quote name='DemiFiendRSA']My local Kmart wouldn't honor the 25% discount because he said that $5 is as low as they can go with clearance games which is bull considering there were a few games at front with prices below $5. I told customer service at front about this but they just replied that's just how it is.:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

I brought the ad with me and showed it to the cashier and she said she had to ask the manager before any discounts can take into effect. Maybe you could have asked for the manager. If they all said no, you could have called corporate or whatever they call their customer service, if you felt inclined. Also it pays to be nice and courteous (not saying you weren't) when dealing with retail employees but YMMV.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Not sure, here's the SKU number from my receipt: 71171983020

Don't know if that can help you find one. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Gonna call(*gasp!:shock:*) them and ask if they can search the sku.

Found a copy of Prof. Layton: Diabolical Box for $5. Base trade in value at BB is the same so it's no loss if I don't like it. Other than that, it was all sing it games for clearance.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']And you just accepted that? I know some people don't like to cause a commotion, but I would tell them I'm calling up coroprate. Wait. Does Kmart even have a corporate?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm one of those people that don't like to start commotion in public. Sometimes I'm too nice for my own good.

[quote name='JYabbz']I brought the ad with me and showed it to the cashier and she said she had to ask the manager before any discounts can take into effect. Maybe you could have asked for the manager. If they all said no, you could have called corporate or whatever they call their customer service, if you felt inclined. Also it pays to be nice and courteous (not saying you weren't) when dealing with retail employees but YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I showed him the ad myself but it wasn't good enough apparently. I'd already bought the two games but I guess I could try to go back or possibly to the other Kmart around my area that doesn't have anything good left to get a price difference. However, I don't think it's worth the time and gas to get about $2.70 back. I'll think about it.

[quote name='DemiFiendRSA']Yep, I'm one of those people that don't like to start commotion in public. Sometimes I'm too nice for my own good.

Yeah, I showed him the ad myself but it wasn't good enough apparently. I'd already bought the two games but I guess I could try to go back or possibly to the other Kmart around my area that doesn't have anything good left to get a price difference. However, I don't think it's worth the time and gas to get about $2.70 back. I'll think about it.[/QUOTE]

It's not.

[quote name='confoosious']they probably won't be around for 2014. You're not telling us anything we don't already know.

But there's 3 problems with your lol thinking.

1) less competition
2) people lose jobs
3) liquidation companies have the worst "sales" ever

none of us are gonna gain anything by kmart going out of business. But hey, if you're so happy about it, good for you. :roll:[/quote]

+1

It looks like the $4 games from the previous drop went out of the system. I saw a few DS games tagged for $6.99 that I know were $4 last month and they scanned check shelf label for pricing. I figured it wasn't even worth trying to get them to sell them to me since they would just go by the sticker price of $6.99.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It looks like the $4 games from the previous drop went out of the system. I saw a few DS games tagged for $6.99 that I know were $4 last month and they scanned check shelf label for pricing. I figured it wasn't even worth trying to get them to sell them to me since they would just go by the sticker price of $6.99.[/QUOTE]

yea, the pricing below $5 all depends on mgmt in that particular store. For example, I hit up my closest KMart and grabbed a couple of the previously $4 games that now had the "check shelf label" message on the price check scanner... no issue, they were immediately marked and re-tagged by a helpful clerk at $1.99. The next store I went to, same issue, and the store manager insisted that they were the last actual sticker price. So Dark Void, which I'd spend $1.99 on was actually $7.50 in their system. My answer after that obviously was, "no I'll pass".

[quote name='fearMr.Met']yea, the pricing below $5 all depends on mgmt in that particular store. For example, I hit up my closest KMart and grabbed a couple of the previously $4 games that now had the "check shelf label" message on the price check scanner... no issue, they were immediately marked and re-tagged by a helpful clerk at $1.99. The next store I went to, same issue, and the store manager insisted that they were the last actual sticker price. So Dark Void, which I'd spend $1.99 on was actually $7.50 in their system. My answer after that obviously was, "no I'll pass".[/QUOTE]

At ,y store they wouldnt sell them at any price. They said they are pennied.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Trust me Sears/Kmart wont be around for 2020 lol[/QUOTE]

Hell, Best Buy and Gamestop might not be around by 2020

[quote name='spedmunki']Hell, Best Buy and Gamestop might not be around by 2020[/QUOTE]

Grocery Stores to start selling consoles confirmed.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Grocery Stores to start selling consoles confirmed.[/QUOTE]

CVS and Walgreens have been selling wii knockoffs for years.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Grocery Stores to start selling consoles confirmed.[/QUOTE]

BB will survive, there is always a need for a I need it now store, and they have a much larger product selection than walmart. Probably 50% or more of the people in this area go to BB or Walmart for their electronics, contrary to popular belief not everyone is shopping online for their electronics. BB is really the only place to go retail-wise with a decent selection of computers. They have lots of locations in popular shopping centers here, and the locations seem to be very busy. They also sell appliances and other products, most people don't buy appliances online, heck all they need to do is start selling tools now and they could probably take out Sears.

Gamestop may not survive if everything goes digital and if the future generations of consoles are not able to play used games or if they play used games in a very limited way to the point that no one wants used games anymore since their entire (main) business model is based on selling used games. They are now advertising iProduct trade in's here on the radio, which tells me they have gotten pretty desperate since I don't think I have ever heard a Gamestop radio ad in my whole life. They could become another cell phone store, but we have a million of those in our area already. However its more likely that the chain will be bought out by someone, rather than just die a miserable death.

Walmart and Target and other retail stores can always set aside a small portion of their electronics departments to sell consoles even if there were no retail games and everything did go digital. I can't see Walmart and Target going out of business anytime soon or even coming close to it.

[quote name='slowdive21']At ,y store they wouldnt sell them at any price. They said they are pennied.[/QUOTE]

Years ago the games actually used to ring up for a penny instead of check shelf label for pricing. I remember buying NSYNC for Gameboy Color for a penny and then selling it for around $5

[quote name='SaraAB']BB will survive.....[/QUOTE]

I think you are right re: Best Buy. Seems like the cards were stacked heavily against them earlier this year (like big time) but I haven't heard a peep since February (re: all the bankruptcy talk, severe margin losses, etc.); they seem to have weathered whatever was out 'there'. Time will tell but I think they're gonna make it, as well.

I can't imagine BB going down, those who live in WNY can attest to the fact that we have had one open up in pretty much every major mall in this area within the last couple years. These are high traffic locations, so they will get business, its also a well known brand name, and they do offer some things that Target and Walmart do not offer. Though Walmart's electronics dept is starting to look an awful lot like a small BB, however they just don't have the selection the BB does when it comes to electronics. If the company was in trouble these stores would either be closing or would have never popped up in the first place.

If I had to put money on it I would say Kmart will be the next to go, heck they can't even get a sale programmed right into their computers and they seem to be going the exact way CC did with tons of ad misprints and false deals, aka advertising something, then not having it in stock, or advertising a deal, and it won't print when it is supposed to. Or advertising a sale that does not work and the employees refuse to do and override and try to twist the language of the ad so they don't have to do it.

[quote name='SaraAB']I can't imagine BB going down, those who live in WNY can attest to the fact that we have had one open up in pretty much every major mall in this area within the last couple years. These are high traffic locations, so they will get business, its also a well known brand name, and they do offer some things that Target and Walmart do not offer. Though Walmart's electronics dept is starting to look an awful lot like a small BB, however they just don't have the selection the BB does when it comes to electronics. If the company was in trouble these stores would either be closing or would have never popped up in the first place.

If I had to put money on it I would say Kmart will be the next to go, heck they can't even get a sale programmed right into their computers and they seem to be going the exact way CC did with tons of ad misprints and false deals, aka advertising something, then not having it in stock, or advertising a deal, and it won't print when it is supposed to. Or advertising a sale that does not work and the employees refuse to do and override and try to twist the language of the ad so they don't have to do it.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is always busy. I can't imagine them going anywhere anytime soon. When people think of a place to buy a computer, they head to Best Buy more than any other store. I believe that 100%.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It looks like the $4 games from the previous drop went out of the system. I saw a few DS games tagged for $6.99 that I know were $4 last month and they scanned check shelf label for pricing. I figured it wasn't even worth trying to get them to sell them to me since they would just go by the sticker price of $6.99.[/QUOTE]

Saw Bioshock, Singularity, and Front Mission Evolved(all Xbox360) yellow clearance tagged for 6 bucks(singularity was 4 bucks). Each scanned in just fine(but of course, no 25% off as expected). Don't have XBox but if I wanted them I would need an override for the 25%. They did it for me in the past no questions asked(but those were 15 and 20 dollar games).

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Best Buy is always busy. I can't imagine them going anywhere anytime soon. When people think of a place to buy a computer, they head to Best Buy more than any other store. I believe that 100%.[/QUOTE]

Just because they are busy does not mean they are necessarily doing well. Showrooming is killing Best Buy.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']I think you are right re: Best Buy. Seems like the cards were stacked heavily against them earlier this year (like big time) but I haven't heard a peep since February (re: all the bankruptcy talk, severe margin losses, etc.); they seem to have weathered whatever was out 'there'. Time will tell but I think they're gonna make it, as well.[/QUOTE]

They just laid off 2,400 people. Not a large % of their workforce, I know, but still a sign that not all is right at the company. You can draw many similarities between these layoffs and the ones that Circuit City did in 2007 before they went under in 2009. Hell, Best Buy in Canada is starting to sell clothing and household goods in order to survive and Best Buy in the US is closing 100 stores and trying to transition other stores towards smaller models.

HHGregg just missed the low end of their guidance from last quarter by 400 points...and Best Buy shares are getting slammed now.

Big box consumer electronics stores are dinosaurs, they're going extinct.

Don't know if this was sarcastic or not but if you've seen recent NPD data people are not buying consoles or games for that matter.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Best Buy is always busy. I can't imagine them going anywhere anytime soon.[/quote]
The ones around here seem to be ghost towns unless it's around a major holiday or on the weekends.
When people think of a place to buy a computer, they head to Best Buy more than any other store. I believe that 100%.
:rofl::rofl:I'll admit that I almost bought a crappy eMachines PC from them in 2006 or so just to have it right then and there. But I brought it home, didn't even get it all the way outta the box and packed it right back up.

I ended up buying a Dell direct from them for 1/3 less than I paid for that eMachines turd. So yeah, I definitely would say that there's a certain portion of BB's customers who may buy PC's from them, but many others just use their PC(and other) sections as sort of window shopping and for comparisons before buying online.:booty:

[quote name='inky1600']Saw Bioshock, Singularity, and Front Mission Evolved(all Xbox360) yellow clearance tagged for 6 bucks(singularity was 4 bucks). Each scanned in just fine(but of course, no 25% off as expected). Don't have XBox but if I wanted them I would need an override for the 25%. They did it for me in the past no questions asked(but those were 15 and 20 dollar games).[/QUOTE]

Wtf? How dare you stay on subject with this thread!:lol:

......1 of the Kmarts that had the stand w/games up by the registers, took the stand away and put the stuff back in the gaming area. Either they sold all of the cheap stuff or they added higher-priced price tags.:whistle2:k Oh well. Nothing I'd buy, anyway.

Stopped by a Kmart today. They had Alpha Protocol clearance stickered at 19.99 but rang up at the register for $4.00. I told the clerk it would be an additional 25% off of $4 but he said the 25% was off the stickered price, not the actual price. I decided I didn't want the game anyway but chuckled to myself at the absurdity of his answer. Apparently, some Kmart employees don't understand their own promotions.

Welp, I went to another Kmart around my area and they wouldn't honor the 25% discount either. The person said that the discount is apparently registered in their computer yet no discount would apply to any of the clearance games.:whistle2:? The sale seems more like a YMMV sale than nationwide for me.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Best Buy is always busy. I can't imagine them going anywhere anytime soon. When people think of a place to buy a computer, they head to Best Buy more than any other store. I believe that 100%.[/QUOTE]

I don't see a future with BB sadly. I go to a number of different locations based off what I am doing and despite seeing a lot of people there is rarely an apparent drop in stock. While it's impossible to gauge bigger things, products like the @gamer deals aren't moving. I personally find it odd when someone has a problem getting something as every store here has tons of stock.

Every location (6+) has at least 5 copies of SC V with the DLC
Every location has at least 3 copies of SSX
Every location has at least 1 copy of XIII-2 with Zero
etc

Simple things like this don't give me a lot of faith in the company. Additionally there are still plenty of locations with vast number of CE's. These range from Bioshock 2 CE (which is priced at 40?! still...) to 30 - 40 steel books for Prototype 2. In the end I just don't see enough change in stock to believe there are a lot of sales.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Who the hell thinks of Best Buy when it comes to buying a computer?!!! I bet its the same people who own a Wii....[/QUOTE]

Just bought a mac there last week.

[quote name='confoosious']Just bought a mac there last week.[/QUOTE]

How much did they over charge you?!!! I want the truth! I can handle the truth...

[quote name='superhippy1986']Who the hell thinks of Best Buy when it comes to buying a computer?!!! I bet its the same people who own a Wii....[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with owning a Wii?

bread's done
Back