New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='jimijumper']tru dat, I printed about 40 UPC codes today and brought them in store to scan because the KMArts I frequent everything is behind the glass...

also forgot to mention the Resistance 3 Doomsday Bundle scanned @ $74.xx[/QUOTE]

aha...you just solved my problem of trying to figure out a way to check prices; besides trying to find an employee actually in the electronics section and then have them open case and scan every game

Here's what I saw, all scanned unless noted:
Goldeneye LE Wii with Classic Controller $49.99
Halo Reach Limited Edition $37.47 (stickered, did not scan)
Witcher 2 PC $29.99
Deus Ex Augmented Edition 360 $29.97
Valkria Chronicles 2 $22.49 (stickered, did not scan)
Lost Planet 2 PS3 $7.47
Fear 3 PS3 $7.47
Vanguish PS3/360 $7.47
1,000,000 Pyramid Wii $3.72
Topspin 4 Wii $3.72
Hunted The Demon's Forge PS3 $3.72
You Don't Know Jack $3.72
3rd Birthday PSP $3.72
Yakuza 4 $3.72
Fifa 2011 PSP $2.22
There was a lot of clearance items on the bottom edges of the $19.99 Bin.

[quote name='johnston306']aha...you just solved my problem of trying to figure out a way to check prices; besides trying to find an employee actually in the electronics section and then have them open case and scan every game[/QUOTE]
If you want, you can go here: http://www.upcdatabase.com/itemform.asp

Input the UPC's you find online for the items you want to look up via scanning and then copy/paste I believe the TOP UPC on the page that comes up to a document and print them up.

Best bet to find the UPC's quicker is usually Half.com, as I believe the correct UPC should be on the product page for each.

Cleaned up today.

:psp: 8GB memory stick duo 2 @ $5.24
:ps3: Move Charger $7.49
:ps3: Shift 2 Unleashed LE $7.47
:ps3: Dragon Age Origins Awakening $3.72
:ps3: Dragon Age 2 $3.72
:ps3: Uncharted bundle 2 @ $22.49
:ps3: Resistance bundle $27.00

Saw a few other games listed by others but passed because I already own them. Actually left a few bundles behind but at least one of these will go to a co-worker. Kinda odd that the Resistance bundle was $27.00 when the others are $22.49.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you want, you can go here: http://www.upcdatabase.com/itemform.asp

Input the UPC's you find online for the items you want to look up via scanning and then copy/paste I believe the TOP UPC on the page that comes up to a document and print them up.

Best bet to find the UPC's quicker is usually Half.com, as I believe the correct UPC should be on the product page for each.[/QUOTE]

Brilliant! Thanks a lot

[quote name='chronoserge456']Just picked up the following:

:ps3: Uncharted Controller Bundle 22.xx
:ps3: LBP2 Move Bundle 18.xx
:ps3: Dragon Age Origins 3.72 edit: just realized I needed Dragon Age 1 to play this...going to return tomorow.
:ps3: Dragon Age 2 3.72
:3ds: Samurai Chronicles 3.72

Thanks guys! The lone copy of Yakuza 4 I saw two weeks ago seems to have been picked up. Gonna check a different K-Mart (one's that I bought cheap car wiper blades from) to see what they have there.[/QUOTE]
Does the Dragon Age Origins you picked up say just Dragon Age Origins or is the the awakening expansion pack? I ask because you'll only need Origins if it's the expansion. But you listed the original.

Got some great stuff.

LBP Collector's Pack $11.22
Star Wars Republic Heroes $1.49
Star Wars Lightsaber Duels $1.49
Samurai Warriors Chronicles $3.72
The 3rd Birthday $3.72
2 PS2 Memory Cards $2.24 each
DJ Hero 2 Wii $2.24

I saw what appeared to be Two Worlds 1 and it had a $40 tag on it. It was behind the glass so I didn't scan it. Does anybody know what the price is for that?

[quote name='Invicta 61']Cleaned up today.

:psp: 8GB memory stick duo 2 @ $5.24
:ps3: Move Charger $7.49
:ps3: Shift 2 Unleashed LE $7.47
:ps3: Dragon Age Origins $3.72
:ps3: Dragon Age 2 $3.72
:ps3: Uncharted bundle 2 @ $22.49
:ps3: Resistance bundle $27.00

Saw a few other games listed by others but passed because I already own them. Actually left a few bundles behind but at least one of these will go to a co-worker. Kinda odd that the Resistance bundle was $27.00 when the others are $22.49.[/QUOTE]

Was this the adapter stick?

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Geez $18 for the LBP move bundle? I might go hit up my Kmart a few mins away. Has that been a common find for everyone?[/QUOTE]
Not for me it hasn't. I found the Resistance 3 bundle earlier today but I didn't bother having it scanned, since I thought it was just the plastic rifle and maybe the game but not the Move set with it.:whistle2:#

The store it was at is too damn far away to justify me going back there to grab it either, since it's easily 35 miles ONE way.:whistle2:# I was in the area for something else today but otherwise I rarely get down there anymore.

EDIT: Holy fuck. I just checked completed eBay listings for that bundle.:shock: $134 or so some of them ended at and sold.:drool:

[quote name='jimijumper']picked up most of what has already been listed

I really would like one of the :ps3: controller bundles though cant find em anywhere..

:ps3:
Pure $3.72
SBK X: Superbike World Championship $3.72
Dragon Age Origins Awakenings $3.72
Kane & Lynch 2 $3.72
Dungeon Siege III $7.47
Rage $7.47
Dead Space 2 $7.47
Littlebigplanet GOTY w/plush $11.22

:360:
Kinect Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster $7.47
Transfer Cable $7.47
Dungeon Siege III $7.47

:psp:
Sony 8GB Memory Stick Micro Media + M2 Duo Adaptor $5.24[/QUOTE]

Damn I passed over a Pure not marked that low. What are you guys doing with the 360 transfer cables? Buying to keep or to sell? Damn nice find on the PSP memory. Where did you find that in the store? Was it stickered that low?

[quote name='johnston306']clearance items are marked with a "clearance" sticker and/or "reduced" sticker?[/QUOTE]

Either one depending on if the employee got told to update them and if he didn't miss any. I just bought a game today that still had sticker price of $19.99 despite only costing $3.72. So there's a chance there's even more items for $4-8 now/soon that nobody's found yet.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you want, you can go here: http://www.upcdatabase.com/itemform.asp

Best bet to find the UPC's quicker is usually Half.com, as I believe the correct UPC should be on the product page for each.[/QUOTE]

Where do you scan those in the store? I've never seen a customer scanner.

[quote name='J7.']Where do you scan those in the store? I've never seen a customer scanner.[/QUOTE]
They have multiple scanners that the public can use in virtually all of my local Kmarts.

I saw a GoW Collection, not Origins, for $7.47. Scanned it and everything. I still passed, since I'm after the Saga. I would have gotten Origins, since Saga has those on a voucher, and I want actual discs.

[quote name='Fukurou']I saw a GoW Collection, not Origins, for $7.47. Scanned it and everything. I still passed, since I'm after the Saga. I would have gotten Origins, since Saga has those on a voucher, and I want actual discs.[/QUOTE]

Why wait for the saga if you can get them at that price? I don't understand....

Samurai Warriors Chronicles-$3.72 3DS
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011-$3.72 3DS
Centipede Inf.-$3.72 3DS

Some PspGo stuff:
AV Cable-$1.49
AC Adapter-$1.49
Component Cable-$0.74

NOTE: IF THEY TRY TO GIVE YOU ANY NONSENSE, BE SURE TO REFER THEM TO THEIR BLACK BOOK WITH THE SALES IN IT WHICH WILL MENTION THE 25% OFF OF GAMES & ACCESSORIES.

[quote name='johnston306']clearance items are marked with a "clearance" sticker and/or "reduced" sticker?[/QUOTE]

I, usually, see reduced. Sometimes, it's a regular price sticker. Just scan everything you're interested in and whatever you think is valuable!:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They have multiple scanners that the public can use in virtually all of my local Kmarts.[/QUOTE]

I must have missed them then. Are they on polls like at Target?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Does the Dragon Age Origins you picked up say just Dragon Age Origins or is the the awakening expansion pack? I ask because you'll only need Origins if it's the expansion. But you listed the original.[/QUOTE]

It's the expansion. I probably should have taken a better look, but I was too excited..

[quote name='J7.']I must have missed them then. Are they on polls like at Target?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. There's usually one by electronics somewhere, one over by toys, one by the shoe department and sometimes one over by housewares/HBA. Some stores even have more than that.

[quote name='Gscept']I need to run to my local target see what's up[/QUOTE]

You won't find anything listed in this thread on clearance there ;) Well maybe but not for the same price.

[quote name='thundarr']Why wait for the saga if you can get them at that price? I don't understand....[/QUOTE]
The Collection was that ugly Greatest Hits one. Saga also has GoW III and I can just sell the voucher for Origins since I don't need it.

[quote name='Fukurou']The Collection was that ugly Greatest Hits one. Saga also has GoW III and I can just sell the voucher for Origins since I don't need it.[/QUOTE]
Not to whore out my trade list or anything, but you do know that some places(and people) sell replacement cases for games so you don't get stuck with the 'ugly' Greatest Hits red cases.:razz:

Picked up Dungeon Siege III, Yakuza 4 and the Dragon Age Expansion for 3.72 each (all PS3). I too mistook the expansion pack as the main game. Does anyone know if you can return games to a different Kmart?

Also had them scan the Tiger Woods Move bundle and it's $44.xx. I am not budging on investing on Move unless it's under $30 though. I checked both of my nearby stores but no LBP bundles. I will check another Kmart on my way back from classes tomorrow so hopefully they have one.

Came back from a Kmart trip (Halloween costumes 40% off) in hopes of a Yakuza 4 or controller combo (neither of which I saw), but did find.....

100000 Pyramid Wii $3.72
Press your Luck Wii $3.72

360 Kinect titles
Brain & Body Connection $3.72
Jillian Michaels Fitness Adventures $3.72

And my favorite being the family man that I am
Wii- Disney Sing It Family Hits / with Mic $3.72

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Picked up Dungeon Siege III, Yakuza 4 and the Dragon Age Expansion for 3.72 each (all PS3). I too mistook the expansion pack as the main game. Does anyone know if you can return games to a different Kmart?

Also had them scan the Tiger Woods Move bundle and it's $44.xx. I am not budging on investing on Move unless it's under $30 though. I checked both of my nearby stores but no LBP bundles. I will check another Kmart on my way back from classes tomorrow so hopefully they have one.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

On a side note, both my nearest stores have the more expensive sets of prices. I may need to venture out to find these $3.72 games.

[quote name='coopscohen']Yep.

On a side note, both my nearest stores have the more expensive sets of prices. I may need to venture out to find these $3.72 games.[/QUOTE]

Great! Will return that as I look for that illusive LBP bundle tomorrow. :bouncy:

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Great! Will return that as I look for that illusive LBP bundle tomorrow. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I've seen the LBP bundle at at least 2-3 stores in the last month or so honestly, including at least one today. Sometimes they may be hidden behind other stuff.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've seen the LBP bundle at at least 2-3 stores in the last month or so honestly, including at least one today. Sometimes they may be hidden behind other stuff.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Both stores I checked had it during my last visit (which was honestly 1-3 months ago) and now neither has it. I looked everywhere and behind everything and no go. :(

9.97 (7.47 after discount) for Dead or Alive Dimensions :3ds: I didn't know this was a drop, just did a hail mary with a bunch of games and got lucky.

Otherwise got stuff already mentioned in the thread.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. There's usually one by electronics somewhere, one over by toys, one by the shoe department and sometimes one over by housewares/HBA. Some stores even have more than that.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thank you IATCG

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I bought Yakuza 4, You Don't Know Jack, and De Blob 2, all for $4.97 each (for some reason, the 25% extra didn't kick in). Happy overall though![/QUOTE]

At my store the games were actually stickered $3.72 which seems strange.

[quote name='J7.']Cool, thank you IATCG[/QUOTE]
You're quite welcome. I have had to go from electronics all the way to by the shoe dept before to find one when they removed the one that's right outside electronics before.

I saw Yakuza 4 yesterday marked at $9.99, I did get a GOW/Controller combo for $22 at this same store. Would you think it's safe to say Yakuza would be $3.xx based off of that?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nesmaster75']I bought Yakuza 4, You Don't Know Jack, and De Blob 2, all for $4.97 each (for some reason, the 25% extra didn't kick in). Happy overall though![/QUOTE]

I would go back to that Kmart and get a price adjustment if it's not too far. Look at your receipt, if there is the letter "A" next to the item then they took the 25% discount...

Here is an example:

http://imageshack.us

The 25% required a manager, for me. I mentioned the discount to the cashier, who checked a book with their sales in it, who called the manager to press some buttons or whatever.

The amount you left could have gotten you another game.

[quote name='fgnbtz']I just went to the Kmart in Land O Lakes/Lutz on Collier, and I found they had quite a few of the PES 2011 and Samurai Chronicles for the 3DS, located near the front. They were priced $20 but they rang up $3.72

There was one LBP w/ Plush in the back near Electronics, but I am not sure if it rung up properly. Saw some copies of Rage, too. It was a good trip[/QUOTE]

This is my local Kmart and I was there yesterday. I guess I need to stop looking for clearance tags because they NEVER have clearance tags on anything. It's ridiculous that the only way to find out a price is to just randomly ask them to price check something.

I did ask about the LBP w/ Plush and it was $11.xx but I passed on it since I already have LBP. Didn't ask about Rage.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']This is my local Kmart and I was there yesterday. I guess I need to stop looking for clearance tags because they NEVER have clearance tags on anything. It's ridiculous that the only way to find out a price is to just randomly ask them to price check something.

I did ask about the LBP w/ Plush and it was $11.xx but I passed on it since I already have LBP. Didn't ask about Rage.[/QUOTE]
When stuff isn't marked is the best way for a store to be, since if it was all marked then you'd have the regular customers buying up everything and you wouldn't get anything.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']When stuff isn't marked is the best way for a store to be, since if it was all marked then you'd have the regular customers buying up everything and you wouldn't get anything.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it's a huge pain. Especially since most of their stuff is locked in a case.

I actually found a LBP2 Move bundle at my local K-Mart today (it was $18.xx after the 25% off, which came up automatically for me). It was just sitting out in the open, which is what surprised me. I also found the LBP Collector's Pack for $11.xx, Yakuza 4 for $3.xx (this is what I originally came in for), and some other games for $2.xx and $3.xx each respectively.

I'm glad I checked this topic before I left to run my errands this morning. Otherwise I never would have decided to swing by K-Mart when they first opened and I'm sure some of those items would have been gone before the day was over.

Stopped at Kmart on lunch and spent $113. Didn't know about $5 GC deal, so probably could have split that up. Had $5 on my SYWR card that came from somewhere so that was nice too.

Highlights were Uncharted 1/2 and GoW Origins controllers bundles at $22.50, and also grabbed a LBP Plushie bundle for $11.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Stopped at Kmart on lunch and spent $113. Didn't know about $5 GC deal, so probably could have split that up. Had $5 on my SYWR card that came from somewhere so that was nice too.

Highlights were Uncharted 1/2 and GoW Origins controllers bundles at $22.50, and also grabbed a LBP Plushie bundle for $11.[/QUOTE]

WOW, are these at most K-Marts or is it YMMV? I just saw another post about this

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You're quite welcome. I have had to go from electronics all the way to by the shoe dept before to find one when they removed the one that's right outside electronics before.[/QUOTE]

Did you already clear out Pittston and DC, should I not even waste my time?

[quote name='Raiders4life']WOW, are these at most K-Marts or is it YMMV? I just saw another post about this[/QUOTE]

Clearance is always YMMV but worth taking a peek for if you are near one.

I'd say this should be nationwide. I was in Richmond, Lynchburg, Roanoke, Salem, Wytheville VA and Johnson City, TN today. The gow/uncharted bundles all were $22 except in Richmond was $33. All the games mentioned were the same as mentioned above. It's definitely worth to check. Especially if you have $5 off 45 coupons :p. Plus the additional $5 they offer

bread's done
Back