New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='salty tbone']Goldeneye comes with the gold classic controller pro. The gold nunchuk I think you can only get through Club Nintendo (in the U.S. at least).[/QUOTE]

Is the Goldeneye bundle the only way to get the Gold Classic Controller?

Found Rage for PS3 & Dungeon Siege III for both PS3 & 360 & got denied as they were out of the system :cry:
I did pick up Rune Factory Tides Of Destiny on Wii though for $19.99 :) It had one of those value stickers on the top spine.

[quote name='strait edge follower']has anyone seen nunchucks on clearance ? my lady needs another one[/QUOTE]
I think I remember seen some of the epic mickey ones

[quote name='strait edge follower']has anyone seen nunchucks on clearance ? my lady needs another one[/QUOTE]

$9.99 on Kmart.com (for the Nintendo made black one).

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']Does anybody have the UPC code for the psp go?[/QUOTE]
Dunno you should be able to google it, it is the white one. Found 4 of them and thought I had scored when they rang up csp but the cashier went and found the store manager and he wanted $129 apiece for them. Clown.

There are Nunchucks for $4.97 at Sears if you can find some, old white box packaging, the Nunchuck in the Wii U packaging is full price.

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']Does anybody have the UPC code for the psp go?[/QUOTE]

Ill get it 4 u after work and the other person that needed it been busy as hell

I grabbed a Wii Goldeneye bundle last night for $30. They didn't have too many left and I thought I'd give it a shot. Hopefully it was a worthwhile purchase.

It seems like alot of their other clearance items are now gone. I did see a Fallout New Vegas collectors edition still tagged as $50 though.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's what I'm wondering as well.[/QUOTE]

You print out the UPC code and take it to the price scanner in the store so you don't have to ask for a price check especially with the item likely locked in the glass case.

[quote name='Invicta 61']For anyone still looking for a PSP 3000 I just picked one up for $24.97. It was tagged at $84 but I asked the clerk to price check it. He couldn't belive it, he scanned it twice.

I also grabbed a Playstation Move charging station for $6.99 which I think has been posted here before.

Happy hunting![/QUOTE]
I picked up a PSP 3000 core for $24.97 as well yesterday. I was just talking to the guy I know in the department asking him if there was any good deals. He then said yeah we have a PSP for $25 it's in back you want it? Finally can play some of the PSP freebies from PSN+.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']You print out the UPC code and take it to the price scanner in the store so you don't have to ask for a price check especially with the item likely locked in the glass case.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I'll keep that in mind.

[quote name='spectre666']I picked up a PSP 3000 core for $24.97 as well yesterday. I was just talking to the guy I know in the department asking him if there was any good deals. He then said yeah we have a PSP for $25 it's in back you want it? Finally can play some of the PSP freebies from PSN+.[/QUOTE]

Been having problems with my psp 1000, so $25 for a new 3000 would be nice to find!

First post, got De Blob 2 and Enslaved for ps3 for $.50 each and the uncharted ultimate combo pack for $30. This is in Hawaii, btw. Good haul.

EDIT: Oh and FlingSmash w/remote and Skyward Sword with the music cd both rang up at 49.99

Local (well out of the way, but closest one here) had a few Goldeneye Wii bundles. May check them out next time I'm out that way. Thanks for the heads up.

Noticed lots of price drops at my local store

Bought:
Tekken Hybrid - 9.97
Tetris Axis - 14.97

I also saw:
Shadows of the Damned - 14.97
Sonic Colors - 14.97
Halo Reach - 14.97
Dynasty Warriors 7 - 19.97
Punch Out (nintendo selects) - 14.97

I know it was a long shot, but dropped by a store that I usually don't stop at to check for a PSP, but none to be had. Did pick up a PS3 God of War controller bundle for $30 though. They also had one of the Wii Goldeneye bundles left, but I didn't have enough cash on hand. I'll probably stop back tomorrow or Friday to pick it up.

I've looked through the thread (admittedly not all 114 pages) but how do you folks that find stuff with "check price" get the associate give you $1-$3 pricing. I have a couple things at a Kmart I found in SC but one guy called the manager who said $10. A different guy looked it up on the hand scanner and saw the last price as $19.xx. I told both that previously an associate put in a "buck or two" because the item was essentially out of the system. Obviously no go. If anyone's still here (I check almost daily) advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm in SC and will gladly help out another CAGer if I can get the right pricing.
Games in question:
PS3 Bulletstorm
360 Dragon Age 2

I've been to a few different Kmarts and found plenty of stuff out of system and no one knows how to price it. Sad really. Or then you have the games that were selling for $5 but are now $20. One in particular got restocked with a lot of the $5 games like Dragon Age 2 etc, and they were seriously clueless on how to price them. I offered up $3 but some bitchy manager said they are all $19.99. I honestly don't care but man they really need to get their act together! Some games are barely selling at $5, so let's raise the price? LOL. Not to mention I still see PS2 games just sitting there that no one will ever buy and they mark them at like $19.99 or $29.99. I can't complain though because I've gotten a good amount of killer deals from K-Mart.

Both of the K-Marts in my area have 10+ stacks of the Flingsmash w/ Controller Bundle and the Goldeneye with controller bundle. Both are still sitting at $30 each. I really wish they would drop them to $10 or $15 and I would be all over them.

I went last night to a kmart but there was almost no clearance in stock, most games were those "value" games with 9.99 to 14.99 stickers on them. Either they restickered their whole stock or they just bought more stock of value games. Locked up Video game shelves were very, very barren except for a few games really. I did find a copy of Centipede Infestation for the Wii for 4.97 but I didn't get it.

Those "check price" games are penny items that are suppose to be taken off the sales floor. My kmart will sell them for 90% off the last listed price of the game. Your best bet when you find one of those games is to get the clearance label off the game if possible, find an experienced employee with an RMU to scan it for you and label the game if possible.

I went into Kmart today, they had no PSP 3000's but they did have some stock that didn't ring up. The guy wouldn't let me buy it and said they had to send them back to the publisher. :/

[quote name='midlifecrisisMkII']No PSP3k, but I did find Valkyria Chronicles II at two stores for $30.[/QUOTE]

That's previously been on clearance. Slim chance it still is and decent chance it goes on clearance again in the future.

[quote name='J7.']That's previously been on clearance. Slim chance it still is and decent chance it goes on clearance again in the future.[/QUOTE]
The clerk at the one store said the same thing to me. I'll keep an eye on it. I have a beat up GS copy, but a new, sealed copy for $15 would be an instant buy.

Kmart NYC Astor Place has Rocksmith original bundle(cable/game) for $29.99 for Xbox 360/PS3. I think about 5 copies each version.

Ugh, so I've been waiting & waiting for this one store to drop the price on Metroid Prime Trilogy as it was scanning $49.99 last time I checked right after Christmas & I went back there to check it again a couple days ago & it scanned $29.97! This store had 3 of them that I've been keeping an eye on, I hurried back to electronics & all 3 were gone!!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: I'm so pissed at myself for not grabbing them when I first saw them!! Lesson learned :cry:

I did see Forza 3 for $5 though.

[quote name='shiningslade']Ugh, so I've been waiting & waiting for this one store to drop the price on Metroid Prime Trilogy as it was scanning $49.99 last time I checked right after Christmas & I went back there to check it again a couple days ago & it scanned $29.97! This store had 3 of them that I've been keeping an eye on, I hurried back to electronics & all 3 were gone!!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: I'm so pissed at myself for not grabbing them when I first saw them!! Lesson learned :cry:

.[/QUOTE]

Damn, were those the steelbooks (or are they all steelbook?) Those go for anywhere between $120-150 on ebay. Should have just bought them without hesitation.

I bought my steelbook at Toys-R-Us for $19.99 couple YEARS ago - and I regret not picking up all 3 or 4 copies they had. Of course I ended up never opening it, and now my 1 copy is on ebay. But if I had bought 3 or 4 I probably would have broken the seal on 1 of them (I didn't open my one copy because before I had a chance to play it, the prices shot up in value and I wanted to keep it sealed - and besides I had already played and 100% Metroid Prime 1 & 2 on Gamecube).

At this point I'm actually hoping they re-issue the whole thing for the Wii-U, so might as well sell my Wii copy (even if they don't re-issue it, I would rather just have the cash at this point).

[quote name='shiningslade']Ugh, so I've been waiting & waiting for this one store to drop the price on Metroid Prime Trilogy as it was scanning $49.99 last time I checked right after Christmas & I went back there to check it again a couple days ago & it scanned $29.97! This store had 3 of them that I've been keeping an eye on, I hurried back to electronics & all 3 were gone!!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: I'm so pissed at myself for not grabbing them when I first saw them!! Lesson learned :cry:

I did see Forza 3 for $5 though.[/QUOTE]

You're insane. I would have bought them at MSRP and not thought twice about it. You could have most likely sold one to cover the cost of the other two.

I have never seen one in the wild like that (I started collecting after MPT released) and I'm kicking myself for not buying a copy on eBay when they were only selling for like $80 new.

Lesson learned I suppose.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Damn, were those the steelbooks (or are they all steelbook?) Those go for anywhere between $120-150 on ebay. Should have just bought them without hesitation.

I bought my steelbook at Toys-R-Us for $19.99 couple YEARS ago - and I regret not picking up all 3 or 4 copies they had. Of course I ended up never opening it, and now my 1 copy is on ebay. But if I had bought 3 or 4 I probably would have broken the seal on 1 of them (I didn't open my one copy because before I had a chance to play it, the prices shot up in value and I wanted to keep it sealed - and besides I had already played and 100% Metroid Prime 1 & 2 on Gamecube).

At this point I'm actually hoping they re-issue the whole thing for the Wii-U, so might as well sell my Wii copy (even if they don't re-issue it, I would rather just have the cash at this point).[/QUOTE]

Wasn't this trilogy in some ways worse than the originals? Thought they had to compress everything to fit on disc, so they had to make some compromises. In any event, surprising that it increased so much in value.

bread's done
Back