New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

My local K-Mart was as dried up as a fall leaf in a desert. There weren't any games outside of the display case, let alone for cheap.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']NFS scanned $59.99 for me[/QUOTE]

which version did you scan ? im asking cause the guy who got it for 10$ got the ps3 version

i also saw

:360: tron collectors edition 59.99$
:360: halo reach collectors edition (not the legendary edition) 39.99$

Got Professor Layton and the Last Specter for $14.97 with a pack of sunflower seeds and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Also received a nice little card for $5 off a later purchase.

[quote name='strait edge follower']which version did you scan ? im asking cause the guy who got it for 10$ got the ps3 version
[/QUOTE]

It was the PS3 version

[quote name='YoshiFan1']NFS scanned $59.99 for me[/QUOTE]

Same. I had :ps3:&:360: checked. But, both were the Limited Edition.

Edit: Hmmm... Maybe they are all LE.

House of the Dead Overkill PS3 - $9.97
Dead Rising 2 Off the Record PS3 - $9.97
Lego Batman Wii - $5
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga Wii - $5
Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 Wii - $5
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 Wii - $5
Naruto Shipppen Ultimate Ninja Revolution Wii - $5
Bioshock 2 360 - $4.97

Not sure if this is in every store but I got Goldeneye 007 with the collectors edition controller for $29.99. Thought that was a good price point for that.

I got an email today for $20 back in points when you redeem $25 or more in points on a purchase. Good in-store and online at Kmart/Sears. Expires 4/16. It's one time use for the recipient so check your email.

I also got a message on the Shop Your Way site for $10 back in points when you make a $60 or more purchase in electronics which includes everything gaming. Good in-store and online at Kmart/Sears. Expires 4/6. This should be good for all members.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']Damn, my k-mart has horrible prices on their clearance section for games. I saw batman : AA still going for $20.[/QUOTE]

Did you scan it?

Hello everyone, first post. Today I am super. Went to a Kmart that's really far and got some great stuff.

HotD Overkill PS3 $9.97
Dungeon Siege Xbox 360 $5.99

But the real treasure?
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition PS3 $9.97

[quote name='Squall Leonheart']Hello everyone, first post. Today I am super. Went to a Kmart that's really far and got some great stuff.

HotD Overkill PS3 $9.97
Dungeon Siege Xbox 360 $5.99

But the real treasure?
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition PS3 $9.97[/QUOTE]

nice find

[quote name='Kovorkian'][/COLOR]

nice find[/QUOTE]
Thanks, indeed it is. I was seaching on eBay for it until now and the Brand New ones never sold for less than $40. Right now, there are a bunch for $36, but mine was so cheap, I feel like I stole it.

When I went to the far away Kmart to get the stuff I got, I saw the Halo Reach Legenday Edition. The actual Legendary Edition huge box thing. Rang up for $89.99. Is that on clearance? And is it a good price?

[quote name='Squall Leonheart']When I went to the far away Kmart to get the stuff I got, I saw the Halo Reach Legenday Edition. The actual Legendary Edition huge box thing. Rang up for $89.99. Is that on clearance? And is it a good price?[/QUOTE]

No, that is a terrible price. Your best bet would probably be watch your local craigslist for a used one cheap.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']Damn, my k-mart has horrible prices on their clearance section for games. I saw batman : AA still going for $20.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean $19.99? Because if it is $19.99 and has that big ugly red or green price sticker that says it, then it's not a clearance game anymore. It's a "value" game, meaning that the price will stay $19.99 until the end of time.

[quote name='goodnight144']No, that is a terrible price. Your best bet would probably be watch your local craigslist for a used one cheap.[/QUOTE]
technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/halo-reach-legendary-edition-box.jpg

It's this one. I thought it was a little rare.

[quote name='Squall Leonheart']When I went to the far away Kmart to get the stuff I got, I saw the Halo Reach Legenday Edition. The actual Legendary Edition huge box thing. Rang up for $89.99. Is that on clearance? And is it a good price?[/QUOTE]

go to toysrus they have halo reach legendary on clearance for $40 and yes $90 is a horrible price because its been much lower at almost every store.

[quote name='shawnmelo']go to toysrus they have halo reach legendary on clearance for $40 and yes $90 is a horrible price because its been much lower at almost every store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iMJets']Ended up getting red dead redemption goty edition for about 13$ for my PS3[/QUOTE]

i must scan this asap

There has been a Resistance 3 Move bundle on "clearance" at my local kmart for roughly a year, still at ~$100. My despair is almost palpable.

[quote name='RichterIX']There has been a Resistance 3 Move bundle on "clearance" at my local kmart for roughly a year, still at ~$100. My despair is almost palpable.[/QUOTE]
Really? Ouch. I haven't seen those anywhere, except at Target where I got mine. 70% off. I got it for $45.

[quote name='Squall Leonheart']Do you mean $19.99? Because if it is $19.99 and has that big ugly red or green price sticker that says it, then it's not a clearance game anymore. It's a "value" game, meaning that the price will stay $19.99 until the end of time.[/QUOTE]

This is what my local KMart does instead of clearance.

[quote name='strait edge follower']i must scan this asap[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if i got extremely lucky or not because the regular edition was 19.99, but right next to it was one with a clearance sticker in the case. Hope you find it. Might be extremely YMMV

I am probably gonna go check that status of the castlevania LoS CE that my local Kmart had. It was $60 a couple months ago not on clearance, but I am just curious if it ever did make it there.

[quote name='iMJets']I'm not sure if i got extremely lucky or not because the regular edition was 19.99, but right next to it was one with a clearance sticker in the case. Hope you find it. Might be extremely YMMV[/QUOTE]

it would be great if i can find one and get it for 13$ cause i just found a copy of the goty edition guide pennied out at gamestop today. i thought no gamestops had any left lol

I was in Kmart yesterday and they had several white Wii systems with Just dance 4 for $114, this did not have a clearance tag it had one of their regular white and red sale stickers.

Another thing I noticed about the value stickers on the games is that not all the games have their UPC's covered up by a new UPC sticker, so even though some games have the value sticker on the top, their UPC is still the same as the regular game.

question for hte people picking up mass effect 2 (ps3). The DLC code says it expired 1/1/2012. I know it was still working passed that. Is it still working?

[quote name='strait edge follower']it would be great if i can find one and get it for 13$ cause i just found a copy of the goty edition guide pennied out at gamestop today. i thought no gamestops had any left lol[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you missed the Best Buy Deal of the Day a little bit ago that had RDR: Game of the Year Edition for $15?

[quote name='mxtt']I'm guessing you missed the Best Buy Deal of the Day a little bit ago that had RDR: Game of the Year Edition for $15?[/QUOTE]

His post was on the 6th, this is now the 12th, DOTD was like 2 days ago.

My local K-Mart has the Goldeneye Wii + Golden Classic Controller Pro for only $29.99, a better price than Ebay, Amazon, etc. The sale sticker said only until April 20th so if you're looking to get it at this price only a few days left to do so.

[quote name='Ewing46']My local K-Mart has the Goldeneye Wii + Golden Classic Controller Pro for only $29.99, a better price than Ebay, Amazon, etc. The sale sticker said only until April 20th so if you're looking to get it at this price only a few days left to do so.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's been that price for well over a month.

I CAN CONFIRM Red Dead Redemption: GOTY on Xbox360 is $14.97. I Just got the last one in my store. I'll try and scan a bunch of games tomorrow if i find the time.

My Kmart finally put somethings on clearance! The prices were still a bit more then I wanted, so I did not get anything. Hoping for a 25% off clearance price soon. Somethings I saw were:

MX Reflex- $9.97
Lego Pirates of the Carribean- $9.97
Michael Jackson- $9.97
Sly Cooper Collection- $14.97

[quote name='sweatysides']I CAN CONFIRM Red Dead Redemption: GOTY on Xbox360 is $14.97. I Just got the last one in my store. I'll try and scan a bunch of games tomorrow if i find the time.[/QUOTE]

What a coincidence! I just dropped in to say the exact same thing, last copy and all, haha. Ended up grabbing directors cut special editions of both Afro Samurai anime for $5 a pop as well. The $7 SYWR promo for linking a card recently sweetened the deal.

I also saw Wario Ware DIY at 14.97 still as we'll, hopinh for a few more drops on that one.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Ended up grabbing directors cut special editions of both Afro Samurai anime for $5 a pop as well. [/QUOTE]

Thats been $5 for awhile now, im surprised it was ever that cheap to begin with, we have a bunch of copies of that dvd set at my store in RI still, if any CAGs are interested. I already bought one the day it came out full price. Awesome show.

I work at my Kmart, so i'll try to scan some games that have been collecting dust if i get the time tomorrow. I did see alot of games that were properly tagged from a few months ago that i know for sure have dropped in price (RDR: GOTY was tagged $19.97 but rang up $14.97) Our electronics guy has been out for a few weeks helping out other stores, hence the mis-priced games.

[quote name='strait edge follower']is the ps3 rdr goty 14$ also ?[/QUOTE]

There weren't any copies for PS3 left so i dont know for sure. I remember Castlevania for PS3 awhile back was like $20 (or lower) but the 360 version was ringing up for full price. The pricing system for games at Kmart is pretty wonky. I'd assume that it would be full price for PS3 but you dont know unless you scan it yourself or have an employee scan it.

Got Uncharted 2: GOTY Edition for 9.97, along with Dragon Age Origins Bundle for 9.97. Pretty happy about those finds, that's for sure.

Ok, after spending my whole break scanning a bunch of games, heres what i found.

XBOX 360:
Nicktoons MLB $4.97
Splatterhouse $9.97
Cars 2 $14.97
Dead Rising Off The Record $9.97 (!!)
Operation Flashpoint Red Rising $14.97
Assassins Creed Brotherhood (vanilla) $14.97
UDraw Pictionary $9.97
UDraw Super Hero Squad $9.97
Shadows Of The Dammed $9.97
Dirt 3 $14.97
Brink $9.97
Red Dead Redemption GOTY $14.97 (!!)

PS3:
Fallout NV (vannila) $9.97
Red Dead Redemption GOTY (CONFIRMED) $14.97 (!!)

(i didnt have much time to scan PS3 games)

Wii:
Most Of Em Are Clearance

I guarantee that i missed a crap-load more, i just scanned what i could with the time i had.

[quote name='sweatysides']Ok, after spending my whole break scanning a bunch of games, heres what i found.

XBOX 360:
Nicktoons MLB $4.97
Splatterhouse $9.97
Cars 2 $14.97
Operation Flashpoint Red Rising $14.97
Assassins Creed Brotherhood (vanilla) $14.97
UDraw Pictionary $9.97
UDraw Super Hero Squad $9.97
Shadows Of The Dammed $$9.97
Dirt 3 $14.97
Brink $9.97
Red Dead Redemption GOTY $14.97 (!!)

PS3:
Fallout NV (vannila) $9.97
Red Dead Redemption GOTY (CONFIRMED) $14.97 (!!)

(i didnt have much time to scan PS3 games)

Wii:
Most Of Em Are Clearance[/QUOTE]
Thanks for doing this. Guess I'm off to try my luck at finding RDR for the PS3.

Oh snap, I'll be headed back tonight to snatch an Off the Record copy I saw when I grabbed my RDR GOTY yesterday. Thanks for the heads up sweaty, much appreciated.

I would be interested if any interesting Wii titles are down, I'm trying to complete my Wii library.

bread's done
Back