New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='SSchmidt'].89 cents? Did you buy it for .99 cents a few days earlier on their sale?

On topic:
Heading to Kmart to see what else I can find, any notable DS or 3DS game sales?[/QUOTE]

no new ds/3ds drops sadly. warhammer is still 19.99 too, sigh. i did see the 360/ps3 u draw tablets for 29.99$ which is still too high. ive heard of people using these as tablet controllers for games and that interests me

as for mag i just brought it while i was doing that ”trade in towards used game promo”. i didnt want to waste it so i used it on deus ex :)

Thanks for the heads-up everyone. Grabbed DeadRising 2 :ps3: and Shadows of the Damned :ps3: for $9.97 each. Everything else was still at the prices marked. Did see a Zumba :ps3: pack tagged at $9.97 but passed.

Don't know why I even bothered, but of course my local K-Mart had nothing. Was hoping to find MLB Nicktoons for $5.. Oh well. Not like I really needed it. Best of luck to the rest of you hunting.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Thanks for the heads-up everyone. Grabbed DeadRising 2 :ps3: and Shadows of the Damned :ps3: for $9.97 each. Everything else was still at the prices marked. Did see a Zumba :ps3: pack tagged at $9.97 but passed.[/QUOTE]

Was Dead Rising 2 just 2, or 2 Off the Record?

Anyone else found DR2: Off The Record (Xbox 360) for 4.97 as mentioned before? because last Saturday I checked, it was 9.97. Maybe they changed prices on Sunday. Or it is YMMV of course.

[quote name='GDark']Anyone else found DR2: Off The Record (Xbox 360) for 4.97 as mentioned before? because last Saturday I checked, it was 9.97. Maybe they changed prices on Sunday. Or it is YMMV of course.[/QUOTE]

i scanned the 360 version for 4.97$

[quote name='strait edge follower']i scanned the 360 version for 4.97$[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer! It looks like a fun game so hoping I find it at that price.

[quote name='whitereflection']Why does Dead Rising and Earth Defense Force get all this acclaim while Dyanasty Warriors gets derided? They're all the same thing.[/QUOTE]

I can't say much for Earth Defence Force, but at least Dead Rising isn't the same game rehashed since 1997.

It is almost literally the same game each time.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I can't say much for Earth Defence Force, but at least Dead Rising isn't the same game rehashed since 1997.

It is almost literally the same game each time.[/QUOTE]

i agree that copy and paste warriors hasnt changed a bit since it realeased. heck even koei's other games are clones lol. however i will give them credit for dynasty warriors next as it mixes things up from the norm, love that game !

[quote name='StryderOmega']I can't say much for Earth Defence Force, but at least Dead Rising isn't the same game rehashed since 1997.

It is almost literally the same game each time.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record are literally the same game. The one difference is that they changed the protagonist back to frank from the first game. There's only one other Dead Rising game and it's also a rehash of the series. (Technically, 2 is a rehash of the first.)

All the aforementioned series are equally poor games. The only difference is DW has been around longer.

ED Force = Mindless over the top coop fun. This is where it shines. If you have a buddy you're set. Solo not so much.

Dead Rising is only worth it at these prices. Fun games, but repetition and time limit wears thin quickly, whle sandbox mode in off the records eliminates that but strips all purpose of even playing away. Sure slaughtering zombies in creative ways is fun but after 30 min with nothing driving you forward you'll move on to something else. Also, for me, the biggest thing about Off the Record compared to 2 is not so much having Frank back, but having his camera back. Should be a staple of the series and I guess they realized that.

Dynasty Warriors somehow always manages to deliver massive amounts of action in a way that puts people to sleep.

[quote name='Snowball21']Came across this today:

Gamecube - The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

It scanned $39.99 0_0![/QUOTE]

about 2 years ago i came across echo the dolphin for the dreamcast. It also scanned 39.99. These things are out there lol.

i used my 4$ in rewards points to pick up dead rising 2 otr for 1.06 after taxes. i then flipped it to gamestop. there were no 4.97$ games i wanted to keep at my kmart at this time and i didnt want my points to go to waste when they expire tommorow. anybody find new 5$ drops latley ?

[quote name='Snowball21']Came across this today:

Gamecube - The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

It scanned $39.99 0_0![/QUOTE]

We still have an RFU cable for Dreamcast selling at $19.99, and a few PS2 memory cards for $39.99 :p

ANYWAYS.

I had a few mins to scan some random games at my store today using our computer and found that many of the games that i posted the price of $4.97-$14.97, are still the same price this week (in MY store, YMMV as always). BUT (!!!) it also tells me that its "pending clearance", which means next sunday it will drop anywhere between $5 or $10 dollars per "MOST" of the games mentioned so far in this thread, but not all. So if your Kmart is still showing the "higher" ($9.97-$19.99) prices today, that more then likely next week it will drop even lower.

BTW to the CAG who was wondering about the cost of Warhammer 4000, It scanned $19.99 clearance and IS NOT part of the pending clearance trend.

P.S. If you bought any of the clearance games for a higher price and they are scanning cheaper now, (within 7 days of your purchase) you can in fact get a "price adjustment" for whatever the difference was in refund form at the service desk.

[quote name='sweatysides']We still have an RFU cable for Dreamcast selling at $19.99, and a few PS2 memory cards for $39.99 :p

ANYWAYS.

I had a few mins to scan some random games at my store today using our computer and found that many of the games that i posted the price of $4.97-$14.97, are still the same price this week (in MY store, YMMV as always). BUT (!!!) it also tells me that its "pending clearance", which means next sunday it will drop anywhere between $5 or $10 dollars per "MOST" of the games mentioned so far in this thread, but not all. So if your Kmart is still showing the "higher" ($9.97-$19.99) prices today, that more then likely next week it will drop even lower.

BTW to the CAG who was wondering about the cost of Warhammer 4000, It scanned $19.99 clearance and IS NOT part of the pending clearance trend.

P.S. If you bought any of the clearance games for a higher price and they are scanning cheaper now, (within 7 days of your purchase) you can in fact get a "price adjustment" for whatever the difference was in refund form at the service desk.[/QUOTE]

that was me who asked. ive been wanting warhammers price to tank for ages lol

[quote name='whitereflection']Are you kidding? Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record are literally the same game. The one difference is that they changed the protagonist back to frank from the first game. There's only one other Dead Rising game and it's also a rehash of the series. (Technically, 2 is a rehash of the first.)

All the aforementioned series are equally poor games. The only difference is DW has been around longer.[/QUOTE]

Well, you also get an extra area and I think a new survival mode or something, but it really should have just been like, $5 DLC. Not its own $40 disc. So yeah, $5 for Off the Record is worth it because you'll get about five bucks worth of gameplay out of it. :lol:

I picked up..
Motionsports Adrenaline $4.97
Read Dead Redemption GOTY $14.97
Asphalt 3DS $4.97.

They also have Ridge Racer 3D for $4.97 and Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy for $9.97.

BTW "Dirt 3" on Xbox 360 is scanning as $19.97 and IS Pending Clearance (possible $5 to $10 off). I'll hopefully have a Comprehensive list only IF these games drop anymore in price. Wasnt worth noting if the prices are still up in the air.

[quote name='whitereflection']Are you kidding? Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record are literally the same game. The one difference is that they changed the protagonist back to frank from the first game. There's only one other Dead Rising game and it's also a rehash of the series. (Technically, 2 is a rehash of the first.)

All the aforementioned series are equally poor games. The only difference is DW has been around longer.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? Clearly you didn't play Dead Rising 2 and OTR or you would know they did a LOT more than that.

They added / changed the following things...

- Different opening for the game. The segment after the opening is new too (I believe)
- Frank west adds the ability to take pictures / get power ups via that and adds some new collectibles.
- 1 new zone was added "Uranus Zone" or land or whatever. (also adds a bunch of new items)
- At least 1 new psychopath was added.
- New items can be combined.
- Something like 50 missions were added, in addition to a sandbox mode. However, the online multiplayer mode was removed. (You can still co op / play sandbox mode with a buddy)
- The games ending is actually different than the original. In 2 you find out the guy is behind it, where as in OTR you find out the girl (being vague to avoid spoilers) is behind it. Besides changing the reason for doing it / adding this scene, they both feature different final boss fights. I believe 2 involved fighting a helicopter or preventing the guy from getting on it, where as OTR has a giant robotic crab you have to destroy.
- Different trophy / achievement lists if you care.
- The awful gameplay elements with Chucks kid were removed.
- Sir Arthur costume was removed, but they replaced it with Protoman / Blues and you can unlock his shield / blaster (chargeable too!).

Is it a lot of differences? No. However, it's more than replacing Chuck with Frank.

Those easily amount to nothing - that was my point. Otherwise you could say the same about DW which gradually added new features with each game: the ability to ride horses, use catapults, new characters, online co-op, etc.

[quote name='whitereflection']Those easily amount to nothing - that was my point. Otherwise you could say the same about DW which gradually added new features with each game: the ability to ride horses, use catapults, new characters, online co-op, etc.[/QUOTE]

That isn't what you said. You said they were "literally the same game" with one difference. You are wrong. Admiralvic succinctly stated why. Time to move on.

I'm not going to argue semantics. I shouldn't have said "literally" because obviously, they're not literally the same. I was saying that the two series are similar enough and each iteration in both series see so minor improvements, yet one is lavished with praise while the other is derided.

I asked what the appeal of Dead Rising was because I passed at getting the game for $4.xx, so to see so many people searching for it for $9.xx surprised me and I figured I might be missing something. CAiNiACprime said that the game is repetitive and only fun in short bursts, and I'm inclined to agree. I feel the same about DW.

[quote name='whitereflection']I'm not going to argue semantics. I shouldn't have said "literally" because obviously, they're not literally the same. I was saying that the two series are similar enough and each iteration in both series see so minor improvements, yet one is lavished with praise while the other is derided.

I asked what the appeal of Dead Rising was because I passed at getting the game for $4.xx, so to see so many people searching for it for $9.xx surprised me and I figured I might be missing something. CAiNiACprime said that the game is repetitive and only fun in short bursts, and I'm inclined to agree. I feel the same about DW.[/QUOTE]

Well too sum up what I said, the story of DR 1 + 2 and OTR are pretty much different in most aspects. DW tells the same story over and over... Since 1997... Not saying I don't like DW, because I do (or did, haven't played any after the PS2 era). The way I look at is DW is like the yearly reiteration of Madden or any other sports game. Adds one thing new each release.

Between DR 1 and 2 there were a lot of differences. Even tho 2 and OTR take place in the same place, it adds a bunch of content while giving it a fresh spin on the story. It's pretty much an expansion pack.

The store in the next town was a bust. Maybe 25 titles across 360/PS3/Wii. Only halfway decent looking ones for 360 I already grabbed at the other store. The kid bought Bolt for $9.97. Next closest stores are 39 and 45 miles away, not worth the drive.

Checked my local K-Mart tonight, Metal Gear Solid 4 Greatest Hits rang up at $4.97 so I picked that one up. I also saw a Fable 2 LE but it was still $29.99, not much else of interest.

These are the current prices ringing up for me, all 360.

Nicktoons MLB 9.97
DAOrigins Ultimate 4.97
Alice Madness Returns 9.97
RDR GOTY 14.97
Dante's Inferno 9.97
Portal 2 9.97
DR2 Off the Record 4.97
Tron 9.97
LotR War in the North 9.97

Other random stuff scanned today:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $9.97
Call of Duty 4 PH $9.97

Heavy Rain DC $9.97
Dante's Inferno $4.97
Killzone 2 $4.97

:psp:
Valkyria Chonicles II $19.97

Gamestop emailed me
360 Red Dead Redemption GOTY TIV $20 in store credit and 10% extra for PUR
Xenoblade $45, 10% for PUR
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn $35, 10% for PUR
Offer valid 4/26/-4/28

I guess these values are with promo applied already. Red Dead would be a good flip from Kmart.

[quote name='J7.']Gamestop emailed me
360 Red Dead Redemption GOTY TIV $20 in store credit and 10% extra for PUR
Xenoblade $45, 10% for PUR
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn $35, 10% for PUR
Offer valid 4/26/-4/28

I guess these values are with promo applied already. Red Dead would be a good flip from Kmart.[/QUOTE]

5 bucks isn't really worth it for the flip alone. Maybe if it were for transfering credit between stores like Bestbuy and Gamestop, but not so much here.

On another note, I can't believe people are dumb enough to trade Xenoblade in to Gamestop.

[quote name='deadtrees']Other random stuff scanned today:
:psp:
Valkyria Chonicles II $19.97[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting. Dropped by and picked up a copy today.

I also saw a Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition for $30. (ed. PS3 version.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAiNiACprime']5 bucks isn't really worth it for the flip alone. Maybe if it were for transfering credit between stores like Bestbuy and Gamestop, but not so much here.

On another note, I can't believe people are dumb enough to trade Xenoblade in to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Some people don't want the hassle of dealing with the internet, trading in to gamestop is a guarantee of getting the value and not getting mugged by your buyer.

also no fees, having to ship it, getting ripped off by someone committing fraud

[quote name='Kovorkian']Some people don't want the hassle of dealing with the internet, trading in to gamestop is a guarantee of getting the value and not getting mugged by your buyer.

also no fees, having to ship it, getting ripped off by someone committing fraud[/QUOTE]

I can understand that on titles with less of a return, but when used copies of Xeno standardly fetch close to 100 or over I think the hassle and fees of shipping are negated.

Funny thing is I just got that same email targeted for my game collection. They want my Xeno for $45, New Vegas Ultimate for $20, Borderlands GOTY for $12.50, and Dead Island GOTY for $12.50.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I can understand that on titles with less of a return, but when used copies of Xeno standardly fetch close to 100 or over I think the hassle and fees of shipping are negated.

Funny thing is I just got that same email targeted for my game collection. They want my Xeno for $45, New Vegas Ultimate for $20, Borderlands GOTY for $12.50, and Dead Island GOTY for $12.50.[/QUOTE]

I was at the one local game store were people brought in what was HUNDREDS of old games NES / SNES et cetera, most CIB! and they got cash total of around $160, for what was easy $1,000 or more if sold via eBay.

Some people do not want to deal with selling the items themselves.

Whether or not, you understand what people do, does not change the fact that they will do it.

and anyone reading this, I will buy a complete copy of Xenoblade for more than Gamestop's $45 :D

[quote name='Deader2818']oh deal Dead Island GOTY for 12.50? I might have to dump that off. I have 0 interest in any zombie games now.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up for $9 on Black Friday, never got into the game. any idea how long the 12.50 will last?

[quote name='Kovorkian']I was at the one local game store were people brought in what was HUNDREDS of old games NES / SNES et cetera, most CIB! and they got cash total of around $160, for what was easy $1,000 or more if sold via eBay.

Some people do not want to deal with selling the items themselves.

Whether or not, you understand what people do, does not change the fact that they will do it.

I picked it up for $9 on Black Friday, never got into the game. any idea how long the 12.50 will last?[/QUOTE]

The majority of people doing or willing to do something like that, especially in that grand of a scenario as above, are more likely than not uninformed. You would be hard pressed to find someone willing to take 160 in place of a grand simply due to the effort of some online posting and mailing, save maybe an addict of some sort needing a fix. Hell even an ebay store that lists items and does the work for you while claiming a part of the profit would net you far greater than that.

The offer email states valid 4/26 through 4/28 only.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']The majority of people doing or willing to do something like that, especially in that grand of a scenario as above, are more likely than not uninformed. You would be hard pressed to find someone willing to take 160 in place of a grand simply due to the effort of some online posting and mailing, save maybe an addict of some sort needing a fix. Hell even an ebay store that lists items and does the work for you while claiming a part of the profit would net you far greater than that.

The offer email states valid 4/26 through 4/28 only.[/QUOTE]

damn, thanks.

some people around here still have Dial-up internet, not at all hard pressed to find people that take almost nothing for something they no longer want.

Look at all the people that trade games into gamestop on a regular basis, a game they sell for 25-30 bucks, they may give 5-10 in credit, if you luck out on a promotion.

[quote name='Deader2818']I got vetoed on trading in dead island lol[/QUOTE]

They sent me an e-mail

27.50 for Ocarina of time 3D and $25 for Sly Cooper thieves in time

Stopped at a few riding around with my girlfriend. 4/25/13

:wii:
Go Vacation $9.97
Wii Sports Resort W/ Motion Plus $19.97
Jillian Michaels Ultimate 2011 $4.97
Squeeballs Party $4.97
Tron Evolution Battle Grinds $4.97
Black Eyed Peas Experience $4.97
Metriod the other M $19.97

Wii U Microphone $15

My sims sky agent $4.97
Grease $9.97
Rabbids Alive & Kicking $4.97
Motion Sports : Adrenaline $4.97
Motion Sports : Real Action (The one with the football player on the front) $4.97
Gears of War 3 Either $14 or 19 cant remember
Create $4.97
Rapstar Bundle $19.97

Killzone 3 $14.97
Infamous GH $9.97
Tekken Hybrid $9.97
Michael Jackson Experience $9.97
Modnation Racers $4.97
Red Dead Redemption $14.97
Assassian's Creed Brotherhood LE $29.97
Rapstar Bundle $19.97
Zumba (first) bundle $14.97
Bloodstone 007 $19.97
Dynasty Warriors 7 $19.97

:ds:
Golden Sun
Zelda something tracks
Dragon Quest all were $14.97
Pokemon Heartgold $29.97

:3ds:
Williams Pinball $4.97
Pilot Wings $29.97
Apache Helicopter something $9.97

[quote name='GordonG3cko']I picked up Up yesterday:

Little Big Planet $5
Sly Collection $10[/QUOTE]

If mine didn't have bith of these stickered as 'value games' I would be running to check tomorrow along with the AC:B LE for $30

I hit two stores in the past two days..

Brookhaven, PA

HOD Overkill $9.97.. some may saw it's a still a little high for this, but wtvr. I'll give it a run through

Splatterhouse $4.97.. I bit on this when I became aware that the original 3 Splatterhouses were unlockables upon completion of certain parts of the game.

Clifton Heights, PA

Fallout NV $2.00.. the electronics employee randomly discounted this down a few dollars and put a copy to the side for himself. It was marked $4.97

Naughty Bear $6.00... the game got bad reviews but I figured that they're had to be some humor in it. Plus it could be a game that I and my gf's two adolescent kids could enjoy.

Bioshock 2 $4.97.. figured for $5, not bad.. even if it's just a continuation of the first one.

All PS3 games by the way...

...I ventured out to find Dante's Inferno for $4.97, but had no luck. All in all, not bad IMO. For CAGers in the Philly suburb area, the Clifton Heights store is LOADED with discounted games at the moment. Many $10 and under that have been noted by others on here.

[quote name='fearMr.Met']
Naughty Bear $6.00... the game got bad reviews but I figured that they're had to be some humor in it. Plus it could be a game that I and my gf's two adolescent kids could enjoy.
[/QUOTE]

It's actually pretty fun. Which version was it? The original, Naughty Bear Gold (original plus DLC and patches/fixes), or Double Trouble (Naughty Bear Gold on disc plus a DLC code for the sequel)?

Random el hoardo cleared out numerous copies of several titles at one of my marts in the past two days, luckily I snagged the better single items a few days prior and copies of the games it killed also. People and greed man. Noticed they had gotten price checks on some things to regarding the askew placement of some bigger ticket items that previously hadn't moved in months.

I did find a copy of Animal Crossing City Folk , original not Nintendo Selects, for $4.97 that I overlooked on my last visit. Was still missing that from my collection so happy about that. Also grabbed a Disney Universe for 360 with Kmart exclusive costumes for $9.97. Been wanting to try it for a while and regretted passing when Best Buy had it at this prices months ago.

I rescanned the majority of my tags today, no new drops to report. I did notice that the Goldeneye Wii bundle with Golden Controller shot back up to full price last week when DR2 and DR2 Off the Record had their random further drops. Think I forgot to mention that last week.

Found MGS4 and Dead Rising 2 OTR for 4.97, and Alice Madness Returns for 9.97 all for ps3. Couldn't pass that up, even though I already have Dead Rising digitally.

Also saw Modnation for 5, but I still remember how bad it was.

bread's done
Back