New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Just stopped by Kmart, saw Two Worlds II PS3 tagged $15. Nobody anywhere near the department or else I would have had a price check.

I also saw the following DS games as tagged:
LoZ Spirit Tracks $25
Dragon Quest IV $20
Dragon Quest IX $25
Final Fantasy III $?? (spine out, no tag)

Anyone know if any of these have dropped further?

There were alot of DS games with just the spine showing, no tag. Would love to get an associate with a scan gun over there!

Also, the Wii Goldeneye 007 with gold controller is still on sale thru 6/1 at $20. That's what the shelf tag read. My store still has about four of them.

Nothing changed from what I could see or bothered to scan. Finally bothered to lug the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition over to the one scanner in the store and disappointingly it was still $50 like when the tag was created in January. Want that figure in there and the box is really getting beat to all get out!

Yeah I am not worried about employee price fixing but I did have someone tell me a story where they worked at Walmart and somehow got Into the system and changed the price of yu-gi-oh cards to 25 cents a pack for a couple hours then proceeded to purchase a lot of them.

I am sure those price changes in toys were approved before they started and it was the department lead that was doing the markdowns.

Got a Catwoman Comfy Throw for $4.99. Random internet pic>
$T2eC16ZHJGIE9nnWrPjuBRSdW8PTF!~~60_35.JPG

They had Batman, too. Didn't check the price. Probably was the same.

Don't mind the pic. It's bigger than it looks. Hers is cinched in the back(blanket with sleeves). Haven't opened it yet, but I got a Wonderwoman Comfy from GameStop last year.

Buy winter stuff in the summer and summer stuff in the winter!:D

Not strictly clearance but I'm going to assume YMMV since it's unadvertised as far as I can tell but was at the Clinton Township, MI store and there was a printed sale tag for the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for $19.99. They had games on other tags but everything else was more of a sale to match MSRP sort of deal. Of course I forgot to see if there was an end date or anything on it. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to see a proper clearance on it when the Legacy Collection comes out though.

Today I got:
Alice Madness Returns $9.97(shelf tag said $19.99)
Dead Rising 2 Off the Record $4.97(shelf tag said clearance $14.97)
Both of these were PS3 but I saw the 360 version of Dead Rising 2 Off the Record had a shelf tag for $4.97 so I figured it would be worth a scan on the PS3 version. The Alice was a total shot in the dark as it was locked up and I had to have someone get it out and have it scanned at the register-my suspicions were correct.

I also saw Mod Nation Racers PS3 $4.97 with shelf tag.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Not strictly clearance but I'm going to assume YMMV since it's unadvertised as far as I can tell but was at the Clinton Township, MI store and there was a printed sale tag for the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for $19.99. They had games on other tags but everything else was more of a sale to match MSRP sort of deal. Of course I forgot to see if there was an end date or anything on it. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to see a proper clearance on it when the Legacy Collection comes out though.[/QUOTE]

Great, looks like I have a CAG to compete with;)

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Great, looks like I have a CAG to compete with;)[/QUOTE]

I WILL DESTROY YOU!!! Well, only if you're a jerk hoarder or something. Otherwise I can share and enjoy helping others find stuff.

[quote name='amusedtoe']I WILL DESTROY YOU!!! Well, only if you're a jerk hoarder or something. Otherwise I can share and enjoy helping others find stuff.[/QUOTE]

Haha no, im DEFINITELY not a hoarder. I may buy an extra copy of a good game for a good price, but I try to leave some good deals for others:) Ill try to let you know of any good deals I find, for instance the Kmart on 23mile and Van Dyke had RDR GOTY on 360 for $14.97, but passed since I already owned it

I'm rarely quite that far north, usually 15 & Groesbeck is the farthest out store I hit unless I'm on the way somewhere else. Mostly looking for PS3 games these days, so you if you see a cheap 3D Dot Game Heroes let me know!

[quote name='amusedtoe']I'm rarely quite that far north, usually 15 & Groesbeck is the farthest out store I hit unless I'm on the way somewhere else. Mostly looking for PS3 games these days, so you if you see a cheap 3D Dot Game Heroes let me know![/QUOTE]

Looking for that my self! I thought clinton twp was on 18 and garfield right?

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Looking for that my self! I thought clinton twp was on 18 and garfield right?[/QUOTE]

There might be one over there too, sprawling area and what not. I had stopped at the 15 mile store because that's the one I had seen them at with a value label but those were MIA even.

Today got Dead Rising 2(360) for $9.97 and Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition(PS3) for $4.97. Note that Dead Rising 2 for PS3 is still $14.97.

A few new clearance drops for DS:
Dragon Quest IV $15
Dragon Quest IX $15
Golden Sun Dark Dawn $15
Warioware DIY $10

The date on the tags were 5/22/13 and the guy helping me said he had just changed the prices 10 minutes before I got there.

I inquired about LoZ Spirit Tracks but he was non-commital if there was a price drop (still tagged $20), think he was interested in getting it himself. No problems with that, but if it's still there when I return I'm getting it regardless of price!

[quote name='Invicta 61']Just stopped by Kmart, saw Two Worlds II PS3 tagged $15. Nobody anywhere near the department or else I would have had a price check.
[/QUOTE]

I scanned that game (5/19/13) and it was $14.99. I was hoping it was $4.99 as well.

Disappointed to see that Kingdom's of Amalar is still $19.99.

Has anyone price scanned New Vegas Ultimate Edition (PS3)?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='don_juan_darko']Has anyone price scanned New Vegas Ultimate Edition (PS3)?[/QUOTE]

About two weeks ago, maybe three, and it was still coming up $30 or whatever MSRP is on it.

Got something for my fellow metro Detroit CAGs. 12 Mile and John R store, was there a couple hours ago and grabbed a copy of Spirit Tracks for $19.99. Not mind blowing but there were 3 more copies. What someone might really be interested in though was a copy of New Vegas Ultimate Edition tagged $19.99 for PS3. I was mighty tempted but already have it on PC. There was only one copy though, good hunting whomever's interested.

Edit- Well look at me double posting 16 hours apart.

[quote name='amusedtoe']About two weeks ago, maybe three, and it was still coming up $30 or whatever MSRP is on it.[/QUOTE]

It scanned for $19.99 two weeks ago at my local kmart

Saw Dragon Quest VI for $20 and Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals for $10

Anyone gotten a price check on Ico/Shadow of the Colossus bundle for PS3 lately?

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Great, looks like I have a CAG to compete with[/QUOTE]And me. I live in the same area and I'm surprised I find any good games with all of us clearance hounds clearing the shelves. Also, not surprised now that I miss a lot too.

John R and 12 Mile had Valkryia Chronices 2 for $14.97, which is good enough for me, even though it's a umd. There was one left, they also had Singstar Queen for $4.97. I couldn't find any other worthy things.

i dont know if it some kinda extra long sale, or clearance. but my local kmart has had the tombraider trilogy
ps3 for 19.99 for about two weeks. also i picked up transformers dark of the moon 360 for 9.99, they had 360 and ps3 marked down, one of the better movie games in recent memory. both of the stores in my area had these marked down so might be worth a look

[quote name='bigperm81']i dont know if it some kinda extra long sale, or clearance. but my local kmart has had the tombraider trilogy[/QUOTE]

I've noticed some unadvertised sales like that in my last few trips.

[quote name='Rockabye']So I should get a price check on the $14.97 I saw, then?[/QUOTE]

Yes you should:see my post on the previous page. I went back today for 1 more copy of mod nation racers(shelf tag properly marked $4.97) and saw 1 copy of Sly Cooper collection with the same type of clearance shelf tag for $19.99. It's hard to find so I figured it was worth a shot despite having to find someone elsewhere in the store to unlock the glass case for me. Sure enough, at the register it rang up $9.99. Then there is also lots of copies left of Shadows of the Damned with the same type of shelf tag for $9.99 and they of course ring up as $4.97. So now I have a sneaky suspicion that Tomb Raider Trilogy shelf tagged $19.99 is really 10 bucks. It's just a pain in the ass to find anyone around to unlock it for me on a hunch, though.

[quote name='inky1600']Yes you should:see my post on the previous page. I went back today for 1 more copy of mod nation racers(shelf tag properly marked $4.97) and saw 1 copy of Sly Cooper collection with the same type of clearance shelf tag for $19.99. It's hard to find so I figured it was worth a shot despite having to find someone elsewhere in the store to unlock the glass case for me. Sure enough, at the register it rang up $9.99. Then there is also lots of copies left of Shadows of the Damned with the same type of shelf tag for $9.99 and they of course ring up as $4.97. So now I have a sneaky suspicion that Tomb Raider Trilogy shelf tagged $19.99 is really 10 bucks. It's just a pain in the ass to find anyone around to unlock it for me on a hunch, though.[/QUOTE]

Super jealous, went to so many stores looking for the Sly Collection. Can never trust the marked prices though, almost everything I've bought from Kmart in the last few months has been marked wrong.

So regarding these emails that say "You have $7 in points if you buy anything in lawn and garden"... has it been confirmed that you can use those on any purchase? I know it used to be like that but it's been a long time since I got one of these and didn't know if they had cracked down on it. Sorry if it's been addressed but I did skim the last few pages.

[quote name='chriscolbert']So regarding these emails that say "You have $7 in points if you buy anything in lawn and garden"... has it been confirmed that you can use those on any purchase? I know it used to be like that but it's been a long time since I got one of these and didn't know if they had cracked down on it. Sorry if it's been addressed but I did skim the last few pages.[/QUOTE]

Good question, i just got a $3 when spending $10 in toys....does that mean if we spend $10 on anything it takes $3 off? or.. does it have to be toys, i remember it used to be that you could spend it on anything but, when you actually look it up on your account history the balance is unchanged where as in the passed it used to add the amount to your balance.. this seems more like a coupon, so they might have figured it out and fixed it :p..

Picked up Shadows of the Damned for $4.97 in Hixson, TN. Was originally marked down to $9.97 with a clearance tag but was marked down further at checkout. There is one copy remaining i believe.

[quote name='DjDonFrancisco']Picked up Shadows of the Damned for $4.97 in Hixson, TN. Was originally marked down to $9.97 with a clearance tag but was marked down further at checkout. There is one copy remaining i believe.[/QUOTE]

Bought Shadows of the Damned for $10 and that was a tad more than I wanted to pay, wish any of the stores around here had another copy since I'm not sure how easy they would let me return it and repurchase it or even if it's dropped further here.

My Kmart (South County, STL) has a ton of those Goldeneye 007 bundles with the gold Classic Controller Pro for $20. Just a sale, not clearance. Not sure if that's a deal or not.

Spirit Tracks was $19.99 but that was a regular price label, not a clearance.

Halo Reach Limited Edition was clearanced down to $40. Just updating because a few days ago someone had it at $50.

[quote name='zyxomma100']My Kmart (South County, STL) has a ton of those Goldeneye 007 bundles with the gold Classic Controller Pro for $20. Just a sale, not clearance. Not sure if that's a deal or not.

Spirit Tracks was $19.99 but that was a regular price label, not a clearance.
[/QUOTE]

The Goldeneye bundle is on sale through 6/1 (tomorrow) per the date on the sale tag I saw.

Also, the tag I saw for Spirit Tracks was a normal shelf tag with "clearance was $3x.xx".

I'm not sure who posted about Transformers: Dark of the Moon being $10, but it's $20. Not only was a sales tag denoting tis posted on the display case, but I actually scanned a lose copy (360) via its original SKU.

I had meant to see if there was an end date on those tags yesterday when I swung by the closest store but forgot. The Metal Gear Solid HD collection was $20 and was thinking about trying another store, though I might was for the new bundle to go on sale since that difference is made up by having MGS1 and MGS4.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Picked up a Goldeneye bundle today for 19.99. Clerk acted shocked and amazed when it rang up for 19.99... Good ol' Kmart clerks...[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me yesterday, the sticker price was $69.99, so that might have had something to do with it.

Looks like some items may have dropped.. my local Kmart had Dragon Quest IX marked as $24.97 a few weeks ago. I had some points expiring so I decided to head back to pick it up. Turns out they had slightly rearranged their clearance section and maybe marked a few items down. DQIX, for example, had gone down to $14.97. With my points, I got it for $8 and change. On the other hand, they still had copies of DQVI and LoZ: Spirit Tracks marked at $19.97, which is what they had been the last time I checked in.

Grabbed Dirt 3 from the Oak Park, MI store today for $9.97, it might go back though since I can't imagine there's much in the way of a MP community anymore.  Otherwise extremely little of note but there were a couple of 360 copies of War in the North for $10 and three Legandary Halo Reach editions but those were $90.

Looks like some items may have dropped.. my local Kmart had Dragon Quest IX marked as $24.97 a few weeks ago. I had some points expiring so I decided to head back to pick it up. Turns out they had slightly rearranged their clearance section and maybe marked a few items down. DQIX, for example, had gone down to $14.97. With my points, I got it for $8 and change. On the other hand, they still had copies of DQVI and LoZ: Spirit Tracks marked at $19.97, which is what they had been the last time I checked in.
That's a horrible price for DQ IX! It's been about $13 on amazon for ages now. I mean... $14.97 is better, but $25 is really bad, lol.

My nearest Kmart remains almost totally barren. I've had my eyes on the few copies of Mushroom Men (Wii) that have been behind the case for many months, and since there's never anyone around to pester about scanning the barcodes, I figured I'd dig one up online and bring in a print-out to scan. $29.97. :bomb: Definitely not what I expected.

It's $4.97 for both systems. If it drops any more, the SKU will be deleted. Then you can play the roulette and see if you can get it for $3 or $30.
Well I already bought it for $10 a couple weeks ago but want to make sure it's actually dropped at my local store before I attempt to get them to let me return and rebuy it.

My nearest Kmart remains almost totally barren. I've had my eyes on the few copies of Mushroom Men (Wii) that have been behind the case for many months, and since there's never anyone around to pester about scanning the barcodes, I figured I'd dig one up online and bring in a print-out to scan. $29.97. :bomb: Definitely not what I expected.
Just buy it at gohastings.com (currently on clearance for 4.96). It's 2.28 to ship. Don't accidentally select the 'used' copy, though, as it's much higher (17.40)

Picked up Enslaved for 4.97 for the XBOX 360. Had the cashier check the price of Def Jam Raps bundle for XBOX 360 14.97 did not buy it at that price.

bread's done
Back