New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Acton MA Kmart had
uDraw Pictionary: Ultimate Edition: $4.97 PS3
uDraw Marvel Super Hero Squad Comic Combat: $4.97 PS3

:wii: Goldeneye 007 w/ Golden Classic Controller Pro - $24.99 (sale, not clearance)

Caught me by surprise. The only game on sale in the case was this one... well, the only *ticketed* game on sale. lol

Don't think most if any of these are good deals but found

$5 Motor Storm Arctic Edge PSP

$5 Secret Agent Clank PSP

$5 Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters PSP

$5 ModNation Racers PSP

$5 Jak and Daxter: Lost Frontier PSP

$10 Spectral Force Genesis DS

$15 Shinobi 3DS

$15 Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny Wii

$15 Professor Layton games except for Professor Layton and the Last Specter, which they didn't have but I got for $10 weeks ago.

Don't remember any of these being out on display before so maybe they're trying to get rid of stuff in storage

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really unhappy that my local Kmart pulled so much out of the cases and stuck it on the clearance shelves and yet none of it's gone down a lick in the last month.  Also making it really hard to check the stuff that was already on clearance and hasn't gone down at all either.

got the last two copies of alice the madness retuns for 360 at my kmart for 9.97$ each. I made good bank off of those today :D

Really? To where?

i got 2$ in points in my email so i used them on a pga 12. got it for 2.97$ and flipped it to gamestop for 8$. as long as they keep sending me points through the mail and as long as the 5$ base holds im just going to keep flipping pga 12's.

Not sure if this is YMMV but purchased Williams Pinball for the 3DS at K-Mart marked at $9.9x and paid only $4.9x.
That's been $5 for a few months now. All of the copies at one of my Kmart stores disappeared last month. Speaking of which, it's about that time of the month to check for drops there. They typically do them mid-month from what I've seen.

Just a thought but yesterday(as of the eastern time zone) was the 3rd Sunday of the month. Anyone check out Kmart?
No. But I probably will today. Although one of my closest ones seems to be getting hit by the one guy who has a bunch of shops anymore. I certainly hope Dead Rising 2 finally dropped to at least $10.

Red Sun DS $14.97

Dragon Quest IX DS $19.97

Wario Ware D.I.Y. DS $9.97

Rainbow Six 2 Vegas PS3 $14.97

Two Worlds II PS3 $14.97

Steel Diver 3DS $9.97 (lol)

This is as of an hour ago, store may have not updated yet as Wario Ware had a tag at $29.97.

All of the following came up out of the system for me last night.

PS3- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare GH, Dirt 3, Portal 2(all of those were $9.97 last month)

360- Mass Effect 2(was $4.97 last month)

Wii-Tron Evolution Battle Grids, Super Swing Golf Season 2, uDraw Pictionary(I believe all three were $4.97 last month)

The PS3 version of uDraw Pictionary still comes up as $4.97, not sure about the 360 version.

And Dead Rising 2 for PS3 is still bleeping $14.97.:bomb:

Michael Jackson Experience for PS3 had an old shelf tag up from the end of June listing it as $9.97 last month. So that too may be out of the system. The guy working electronics didn't have all of the price updates done yet but he said there were 2-5 pages of electronics, DVD's and games to drop still.

He did look up the 90% off prices for the games I mentioned being OOS above and gave me them for between $1.99(Portal 2) and $3.99(Super Swing Golf Season 2). But that's YMMV, as some stores may just say they have to ship them back once they come up CSL.

It was the last one. It was in the case and tagged 14.97.

Havent been able to find much lately. others have already cleared out all the Tiger Woods 12 I was taking, lol.

I tried to pick up :ps3: Shadows of the damned, :360: Shadows of the Damned and :ps3: Portal 2 this morning. All out of system and they wanted to charge me $19.99 at the front desk, because that was the last clearance sticker they had updated. Ummmm... No, thanks. How do you guys get them to do the 90% off? They looked at me like I was a fucking alien when i asked about a further discount.

I tried to pick up :ps3: Shadows of the damned, :360: Shadows of the Damned and :ps3: Portal 2 this morning. All out of system and they wanted to charge me $19.99 at the front desk, because that was the last clearance sticker they had updated. Ummmm... No, thanks. How do you guys get them to do the 90% off? They looked at me like I was a fucking alien when i asked about a further discount.
I worked at kmart for a few months and basically 90% is for items that show up on the hand scanner as .01 for the price,, which means it's a discontinued item. At the registers they show up as errors or something from what I saw when buying stuff I found on the floor while scanning. I'm not sure that they gave it to customers, probably depends on who you get.

I usually preface asking them if they'll sell the out of system games for 90% off the last white stickered price by saying that I have bought them before for those prices. Sometimes you get an employee who will go along with it and sometimes you don't.

This is the absolute epitome of YMMV. Some managers will simply quote the price on the item as what it's at, while others will take the time to manually look them up. That's what the guy did last night at that store for me and how I knew that uDraw Pictionary for PS3 was still $5.

I know just a few months ago at that same Kmart I found another game that was out of the system and one of the main store managers was asked about what price the item would be. They quoted the sticker price or something also way higher than 90% off. So I've had mixed luck at the same exact store in different months.

I just can't believe that some of these games went to $10 and then dropped out of the system. Maybe I'll have to stop back and see if those Epic Mickey CE's went from $10 to $.01 and see what they'll sell them for.

Last edited:
Picked up splatterhouse for the 360 for $1.99 before tax in the NYC Penn station store. The guy rung me up for $1999.00 then $19.99, then finally $1.99. Kinda funny. Multiple copies left.

The Fight: Lights Out and R-Type Command for PS3 and PSP respectively are also check shelf label.

I agree. It amazes me not just the ignorance, but the fact it takes longer to reply here asking a question than to open a search engine and type in those exact words. You get an answer in milliseconds.

I agree. It amazes me not just the ignorance, but the fact it takes longer to reply here asking a question than to open a search engine and type in those exact words. You get an answer in milliseconds.
Lets all just use search engines to get information. After all, forums like this are not meant to help fellow members. There are advantages to asking a machine. The machine just gives you the answers without all the BS!

What am I doing wrong? In my Kmart everything is regular priced.
Going about a month or two after the last decent drops that I've seen. There just haven't been many, if any at all, worthwhile markdowns for some time now and the stuff that some people are reporting as having cycled out of the system was already hard to find anyway.

I did find a bunch of copies of StarCraft 2 for $15 several weeks ago(before the latest drops/changes) along with 3-4 copies of Rock Band Metal Track Pack PS3 that were out of system/check shelf label.  It wasn't worth my time and money to try to get them for $2.

bread's done
Back