New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Saw some Club Penguin DS games for something like $3.47 yesterday.

Also noticed that my store had a copy of Yakuza 3.  Got an employee to check it, and it rang up at $14.99.

Another game that may be out of system is World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King for PC. It's been marked $4.97 for a month or two here.

That's what I got it for last month. I figured i'm not likely to find it any cheaper, so I grabbed it.
It seems like they've sort of taken it back off clearance now since they've, at least around me, stickered back over the yellow clearance tag with a regular white tag that has the same price on it so who knows. When I bought it for that price, like two months ago, it looked like it was going to dip further since a week later amazon hit that price too but since things have been slowly creeping back up. I'm still happy having paid $20 for it even though it's sitting in my pile of sealed 3/DS games.

Another update: Warhammer 40k: Space Marine has dropped to $14.97 in price at least for the PS3.

Spirits Tracks still ring $15 for me, this was a week ago, but I did buy a copy of Zelda Spirits Track for $4.97 @ Sears several months ago. 

Not sure if has been posted already but I got yesterday Alice Madness Returns and Portal 2 for $4.97 each. I was surprised since I was expecting them to be $9.97 each. Sweet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email for $3 in expiring points.  Used it on Club Penguin Collector's edition, which was $3.49.  Flipped the game at GS for $4 after bonuses, but kept the stylus, which is actually pretty neat.

I picked up 9 copies of Tiger Woods PGA tour 12 @ Kmart for a total of $27. Then i flipped em to Gamestop for a total of $72 credit, picked up a kindle card for $50 and still have in store credit to burn. I call that a success!

I picked up 9 copies of Tiger Woods PGA tour 12 @ Kmart for a total of $27. Then i flipped em to Gamestop for a total of $72 credit, picked up a kindle card for $50 and still have in store credit to burn. I call that a success!
Way to not think about the eight orphans you just denied copies!

since each copy is 4.97 thats almost 60$, how did you get them 27$ ? did it drop from 4.97$ ?

since each copy is 4.97 thats almost 60$, how did you get them 27$ ? did it drop from 4.97$ ?
YMMV as always but at my store, they were ringing up as "penny" which means its 90% off the MSRP which was $29.99. They were each $2.99 a pop. A couple of older games were pennied-out as well, but this one had the higher GS trade in value . BTW i also saw a bunch of copies of Silent Hill: shattered memories for PSP ringing up for only $3.99.

YMMV as always but at my store, they were ringing up as "penny" which means its 90% off the MSRP which was $29.99. They were each $2.99 a pop. A couple of older games were pennied-out as well, but this one had the higher GS trade in value . BTW i also saw a bunch of copies of Silent Hill: shattered memories for PSP ringing up for only $3.99.
Damn, you should have gotten them for a penny if they rang up for a penny. In Cali at least, by law consumers are entitled to pay what the register states an item costs. If you are charged more than the price quoted (and yes, the scanner price is the price quoted), they are breaking the law, again at least in California. YMMV by state, but it is worth it to research the consumer protection laws enacted in your state/county/city/municipality, and be informed as to your rights.

And how did you manage to trade in 9 of them at Gamestop? Multiple trips/multiple stores? I can't imagine any Gamestop taking in that many of the same game at once.

Damn, you should have gotten them for a penny if they rang up for a penny. In Cali at least, by law consumers are entitled to pay what the register states an item costs. And how did you manage to trade in 9 of them at Gamestop? Multiple trips/multiple stores? I can't imagine any Gamestop taking in that many of the same game at once.
I did multiple trips all week at one store (still within GS's "extra 50% trade in value" promo, and in one transaction (with a friend working the register) i traded in 3 at once. Both 360 and ps3 versions out of the 9 copies i had found.

In the retail biz, "penny" is a term we use for 90% off, i know, it is misleading. But when you ring it up the computer asks, "input sticker price". Depending on whether or not the workers tag it as 90% off, is up to the associates.

I did multiple trips all week at one store (still within GS's "extra 50% trade in value" promo, and in one transaction (with a friend working the register) i traded in 3 at once. Both 360 and ps3 versions out of the 9 copies i had found.

In the retail biz, "penny" is a term we use for 90% off, i know, it is misleading. But when you ring it up the computer asks, "input sticker price". Depending on whether or not the workers tag it as 90% off, is up to the associates.
Ah, I thought they actually rang up for a penny, like game guides and various items that were meant to be pulled do (or used to do at Best Buy) and still do at Gamestop. If they had rang up for a penny, I would have handed over a dime and waited for my penny change. :D

at my store the wont sell it to you at all if it rings a penny. they used to go with last stickered price...i was able to convince a manager though for 90% off on the PS3 keypads when i bought them.

Today I found " :ds: Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded", and " :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter" for $3.00 each. They had both dropped out of the system, and the guy who helped me actually knew what he was doing :whistle2:o .

This evening I was able to purchase the following:

360:

Kinect Motion Sports $1.99

Tiger Woods '12        $2.99

Dance Paradise         $2.99

Sing It High School Musical 3      $2.99

PS3:

Uncharted 2 GOTY   $2.40

Wii:

Zelda: Twilight Princess $1.99

Saw a bunch of $2 games today. I picked up

PS3

Top Spin 4    $1.97

Backbreaker $1. 99

PSP

Jak and Daxter LF $2

Motorstorm AE       $1

Wii:

Black Eyed Peas $1.97

DS

Force Unleashed 2 $1.97

Also saw

PS3

Lego Pirates $1.97

PSP

Modnation $2

R-Type      $1.97

Tron          $2

Lego SW3 $2

Enslaved $1.97

Yeah, there's this one copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes at one store that's just been taunting me but it's in the bin and has one of the value pricing stickers on it.  Someone else ripped the generic UPC sticker off the back of it so it scans as check shelf price (or something like that) but I haven't felt quite brave enough to try and remove the price sticker (since I would just as likely destroy the cellophane) to see what I might be able to get it for.

Got an email for $3 in expiring points. Used it on Club Penguin Collector's edition, which was $3.49. Flipped the game at GS for $4 after bonuses, but kept the stylus, which is actually pretty neat.
I also found the Club Penguin CE marked $3, but when the cashier rang it up, she had to manually enter a price and misread it as $2! Also got Disney Universe for 360 for $5.

I wonder if Halo Reach Legendary or one Killzone 2 dropped to CSL. I know HRL was stuck at $60 for months.

Guys, did Kingdoms of Amalur finally drop in price? I checked my local K's stagnant game selection today to find that the only copy was missing. Either someone bought it at $19.99 or the price dropped.

Guys, did Kingdoms of Amalur finally drop in price? I checked my local K's stagnant game selection today to find that the only copy was missing. Either someone bought it at $19.99 or the price dropped.
Not at my local store. Every single freaking game on that freaking wall was still the same price. It does look like they pulled the couple that were out of the system, if they were still there, and the actual value bin was about 70% empty which I've never seen.

I found :ds: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games for $3.50. It looks to flip nicely on ebay for at least a $20 profit.

Also found Rayman 3D for $4. I bought that for the collection, even though I already own Rayman 2 in several other forms.

I wonder if Halo Reach Legendary or one Killzone 2 dropped to CSL. I know HRL was stuck at $60 for months.
When scanned the Reach Legendary said "check shelf label" but in their handheld thing(rmu?) it popped up at $60.

The WoW Cata CE showed the same on the scanner, but I didn't try to buy it. (didn't care about it at all)

Did Shadow of the Coloossus/Ico for PS3 drop in price?  Noticed the local K-Mart's copies finally appear to be gone.  Actually, their huge bin of games at the front is gone too.  Huh.

I saw my local kmart had the flame red 3ds console bundle with super mario land 3d. I did not have time to get it scanned. Does any one know if that is a clearance item? Sticker showed price of $199.99.

I saw my local kmart had the flame red 3ds console bundle with super mario land 3d. I did not have time to get it scanned. Does any one know if that is a clearance item? Sticker showed price of $199.99.
The flame red 3ds standalone(not the bundle) was a clearance item at Sears and not Kmart if I remember correctly.

When scanned the Reach Legendary said "check shelf label" but in their handheld thing(rmu?) it popped up at $60.

The WoW Cata CE showed the same on the scanner, but I didn't try to buy it. (didn't care about it at all)
Interesting. I didn't even think to check for the WOW Cataclysm CE the other day. :(

Picked up Motorstorm PSP today, it said check shelf and the employee was like its $29.99, smh. Then some other employee came and said give it to him for 3 bucks, it's 90% off. Although Top spin 4 & other games mentioned in this thread was priced as is (9.97 and such) supposedly. The system wasn't picking them up either tho but I didn't want to make a deal over it. Sort of regretting my pick up, I was hoping for $1 lol. Also WiiPlay motion came up for $60 although a few months ago I got it for $15.....

Stopped at one of the local Kmarts earlier today, picked up some goodies.

Dragon Quest VI @ 19.97

Dragon Quest IX @ 14.97

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty @ 14.97

Child of Eden (360) @ 9.97

The cashier was really cool too and gave me an extra $5 off certificate, so I considered it a win overall.

Damn you Dragon Quests! Drop in price more! Have been stuck at that price since March!
Any discount on a DQ game is greatly appreciated. Picked up DQIX day one at full price and flipped it later for about 80% retail value; nice to have it in the library again at a fraction of the price (and less than I could get discounted at work).

Is it just me or are fewer threads using the wiki feature for the op. I would like to get in on some of these clearances but it would be nice to know what some of the games are. I went back to the middle of June and made a small list but I feel like there are a ton of other hot deals I could be Looking for.

bread's done
Back