New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Seems it hasnt been selling that high lately. Maybe I can try and sell it for $30 but I might just trade it in. Think its going to be hard to sell an almost 5 year old game when there is a new one every year, lol.

Picked up Need For Speed: The Run (Limited Edition) on 360 for $1.99 and Need For Speed: Most Wanted 5-0-1 on PSP for $.99.  They had a second copy of the Run that I may go back and pick up.  Also saw Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Stealth Force Edition on Wii for $2.99 and a bunch of licensed DS games.

So, found many OOS games at a new KMart, maybe these are old, but here they are:

Battle Fantasia - $4.99

Guitar Hero 2 - $2.99

Brain & Body Connection - $2.99

Blackwater - $2.99

Lord of The Rings: War of the North - $1.99

Rock Band 3 - $1.99

Rabbids Alive & Kicking - $1.99

Tiger Woods 12 - $2.99

Deus Ex Human Revolution - $1.99

Dirt 3 - $1.99

:psp:

Rock Band Unplugged - $1.99

Paws & Claws: Pampered Pets 2 - $1.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a copy of Professor Layton and the Last Specter today for 2.97 - not bad.

Speaking of deals - is there a link or response in this thread that details all games on clearance? If not, I might need to create one for easy access. It's been tough searching the 100+ pages for the deals. :whistle2:D

Picked up a copy of Professor Layton and the Last Specter today for 2.97 - not bad.

Speaking of deals - is there a link or response in this thread that details all games on clearance? If not, I might need to create one for easy access. It's been tough searching the 100+ pages for the deals. :whistle2:D
There hasn't been a maintained one in a long time, like years. The problem is that while there's usually enough crossover it's so incredibly YMMV what games you'll even see and the price they'll be. Then you have these periods where their clearance just goes entirely dormant for months.

So, found many OOS games at a new KMart, maybe these are old, but here they are:

Battle Fantasia - $4.99

Guitar Hero 2 - $2.99

Blackwater - $2.99

Rock Band 3 - $1.99

Tiger Woods 12 - $2.99

Dirt 3 - $1.99

Looks like I'm going to see if I can find a Kmart by me that still has Deus Ex for PS3 sitting there. It was stuck at $10 for the longest time.

Another two to check out that may or may not be out of system by now. World Of Warcraft Wrath Of The Lich King for PC. It was $5 last month. The other one being Backbreaker for PS3. That one was $5 as well last month.

There hasn't been a maintained one in a long time, like years. The problem is that while there's usually enough crossover it's so incredibly YMMV what games you'll even see and the price they'll be. Then you have these periods where their clearance just goes entirely dormant for months.
While that's true, at least we can give an idea of what games to look for, right? Even if the deal isn't valid at your local K-Mart, it's still good to search for it.

Here's a start. :whistle2:D

Professor Layton and the Last Specter - 2.97

Battle Fantasia - $4.99

Guitar Hero 2 - $2.99

Blackwater - $2.99

Rock Band 3 - $1.99

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $4.99

Dead Rising 2: $4.99

Tiger Woods 12 - $2.99

Dirt 3 - $1.99

Tekken: Hybrid - $9.97

Modern Warfare 2: HE - $7.99

Heavy Rain - $9.97

Sly Collection - $2.97

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection - $19.99

God of War III - $4.97

MLB The Show 11 - $14.97

Add to this as you see fit CAG - I'll clean it up every morning and repost the newest, edited version for reference. Send me all the stuff I missed on this one too.

While that's true, at least we can give an idea of what games to look for, right? Even if the deal isn't valid at your local K-Mart, it's still good to search for it.

Here's a start. :whistle2:D

Professor Layton and the Last Specter - 2.97

Battle Fantasia - $4.99

Guitar Hero 2 - $2.99

Blackwater - $2.99

Rock Band 3 - $1.99

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $4.99

Dead Rising 2: $4.99

Tiger Woods 12 - $2.99

Dirt 3 - $1.99

Tekken: Hybrid - $9.97

Modern Warfare 2: HE - $7.99

Heavy Rain - $9.97

Sly Collection - $2.97

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection - $19.99

God of War III - $4.97

MLB The Show 11 - $14.97

Add to this as you see fit CAG - I'll clean it up every morning and repost the newest, edited version for reference. Send me all the stuff I missed on this one too.
Thanks for trying to contribute. But all that a compiled, maintained list does is hurt those of us who actually keep up with clearance pricing and deals and help the resellers and flippers to hoard everything of value. As it stands since the one local store owner started hitting ALL of the Kmart stores here I've been lucky to get the scraps he left behind.

Wow I wish I could find a war of the north. Crazy profit for a flip at amazon.
I bought one to play for the PS3. I had it at launch or near launch, so it was nice to buy it again for so cheap($5). Although now that makes 3-5 RPG's I have that I'll likely never finish. If the local GS stores had had any in stock, I probably would've gone for the CE for $20 since they blew that out for that cheap as did Best Buy.

I was shocked to find it, what with the local store owner buying everything lately.

Last edited:
Gotta keep looking boys. Picked up a copy of RE5 CE for $3.09, and was almost out the door when I saw Dragon Quest V lying on a random shelf. Same price - $3.09 later, I was a happy camper.

DQV for $3.09?  Lucky dog.  Guess I gotta do some more searching.

Checked another Kmart not too long ago and saw their shelves were devoid of anything interesting.  The bog standard Halo Reach CE with the seal broken was about it, but still marked at $59.99.  Need to check out the last store in town to see if I can find something nice.

I don't know if it was a single store manager's clearance or not since the price was weird, but I found a purple 3DS with a clearance sticker on it for $127.50 last night at my closest Kmart.

I also noticed that the two Epic Mickey CE's for the Wii were gone out of the one big glass case. They were $10 the last month or two.

Well I did see the Nook simple touch or whatever its called marked at $48 last Sunday. I can't remember if it had a July or August tag though.

I didn't see any markdowns at the one store I stopped at today, but somebody working in electronics at that store went nuts printing up sticky price labels to highlight all of the clearance games in the case. So much for them being barely marked and just dropping in price till they either hit 90% off or CSL.

Although maybe with all of the stuff that hit CSL and was bought up by us and other deal hunters, that caused an edict to come down from corporate to make sure stuff is properly marked. 

Last edited:
Today I found " :ps3: The House Of The Dead: Overkill Extended Cut" for $2.00. I had about a dozen games scanned & this was the only thing worth mentioning.

nice! Let me know if it drops further! My price point is around 20-25
Unless you're actually in the same area as he is (and therefore shop at the same exact store that he does), it probably won't do you any good. Most of these prices mentioned here are store specific (YMMV). For instance, someone mentioned a couple of pages ago that they bought DQ V for the DS at a little above $3... well, my local store has 2 copies for $14.97 each (I had a clerk scan them to make sure). There was also a copy of DQ IX for $9.97.

There are 3 other Kmart branches a bit further away, and I did have some luck picking up a few good titles at clearance prices (around $5, give or take) in the past, but given that the prices are typically YMMV from store to store, and often NOT updated frequently, it's hard to tell what's what. The best way to find out is to get hold of an available clerk (which in itself can be difficult) with a portable scanner, and just have them go over everything that you're interested in.

Did some scannin' today.

:ps3: Rainbow Six Vegas 2 $14.97

:ps3: Red Faction Armageddon $9.97

:wii: Metroid the other M $9.97

:3ds: Steel Diver $4.97

:ds: WarioWare DIY $9.97

There were two other :ps3:  titles but I can't remember what they were.  They were $9.97 and $14.97, nothing special.

Is there like a special clearance end cap? How do you find these deals?
Just keep an eye on this thread and pay attention to what's mentioned and see if there's any copies of them at one of your Kmart stores.

Just keep an eye on this thread and pay attention to what's mentioned and see if there's any copies of them at one of your Kmart stores.

I
Is Kmart clearance different than target? Is it nationwide?

I saw someone got prof Layton for like $2 something and I'm VERY interested in that

I'll say it again, Kmart is not YMMV, for the most part. Most likely your stores haven't updated yet. Ya, DR2 has been $15, I think off the record was the one that was very cheap. And to the guy asking about Professor Layton , do you really think they would be still around 2 weeks after it dropped to $2? Lol. I grabbed 2 from my store for 1.99 each a couple weeks ago. I noticed my store just had another round of drops but nothing great. Some games dropped by $5 and some didnt drop at all.

I'll say it again, Kmart is not YMMV, for the most part. Most likely your stores haven't updated yet. Ya, DR2 has been $15, I think off the record was the one that was very cheap. And to the guy asking about Professor Layton , do you really think they would be still around 2 weeks after it dropped to $2? Lol. I grabbed 2 from my store for 1.99 each a couple weeks ago. I noticed my store just had another round of drops but nothing great. Some games dropped by $5 and some didnt drop at all.

Wanna send me one of those laytons???

I'll say it again, Kmart is not YMMV, for the most part. Most likely your stores haven't updated yet.

A lot of Kmart stores very rarely do update prices. And that fact alone is enough to make the clearance values YMMV. Also you're wrong in general, because in many cases the individual store managers ultimately decide on the price reductions, and some just don't want to mark them down 90% or more no matter how long the games have been on the shelf (especially if they're aware that flippers will eventually come in and take them even if they're not priced so low).

Lol, all gone..kept one for my collection and sold the other for $30 :) sorry Charlie
Hmm... I checked ebay and I swear that every single DS Layton title can be bought for less than $20. So I won't say that you're full of it... but it certainly leaves me wondering.

Hahahaha, you think I would lie about that shit? That cracks me up. But ya, it sold for 29.95 and I sold my used copy for $22. You must of not looked hard enough. And I didn't mean CSL games, ya those are YMMV, but not the national clearance drops. I'm just thankful clearance is finally coming back after it was ruined by that guy. Lol.

I'll say it again, Kmart is not YMMV, for the most part. Most likely your stores haven't updated yet.
Are we seriously going to have this conversation again? Whether it's an employees fault, a system wide thing, whatever if I can't walk into any store and find the game on clearance for the same price as any other store then it's YMMV.

bread's done
Back