New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

I didn't check em recently but last drop they were 14.97 and 9.97. I don't recall people reporting they went OOS. Most games I checked the other day dropped by $5, so those DQ games could of possibly dropped $5 too. My Kmart electronics guy is awesome, I bring him all the CSL games I see and he marks him down 90% on the spot. He once said he would sell them to a penny to me but they cracked down on that :(

Hmm ya, I think that guy got a fluke with DQV. Weird price too. Btw the new markdowns at my store were done 8/25 according to the sticker, so you might want to check your stores.

Hahahaha, you think I would lie about that shit? That cracks me up. But ya, it sold for 29.95 and I sold my used copy for $22. You must of not looked hard enough.
Not looked hard enough? WtF are you even talking about? All I said was that ALL Prof. Layton titles are available on ebay for less than $20. Apparently your so-called buyer (assuming that someone did infact buy it for $30) was the one who didn't look hard enough. Frankly, I don't give a shit if some moron did buy it off you for 30 bucks when they could've gotten it for a lot less... I'm just saying that you seem like the type to exaggerate/generalize/make up shit rather than state actual facts (eg.. "Kmart is not YMMV"). People like you is why there are so much MISINFORMATION in forums like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly theres no reason for him to lie about it, just sayin
LOL... Are you kidding me? There are idiots on this forum who've gone on to say things like they've gotten 5-star games for a mere fraction of the price during launch week due to a glitch (that no one else can verify) because they're that damn lucky. And then they'll even photoshop a receipt to provide proof! I can still recall someone doing that during the BioShock Infinite release. People say all kinds of shit here just to make themselves look slick or whatever.

In any case, the guy was wrong about the Kmart clearance prices not being YMMV, and I just wanted to show that he's the type that likes to exaggerate, generalize, and make up shit rather than state facts.

Are we seriously going to have this conversation again? Whether it's an employees fault, a system wide thing, whatever if I can't walk into any store and find the game on clearance for the same price as any other store then it's YMMV.
Exactly! Thank you for elaborating my point.

At one point you could've gone from CA to NJ and the prices would be all the same across the board. Now it's up to managers discretion, which completely sucks, since you will at times see some varying prices. 

Unfortunately in my area I don't even have to worry bout if anything dropped, since the one local store owner that has 3 stores clears out everything once it hits $5 or cheaper. So unless I get super lucky(like I did when I got LOTR: WITN for $5 and a bunch of other stuff) I miss out completely anymore.

It's funny how the noobs never believe when people get stuff for dirt cheap. "Omg , 2 dollars!! you liar!!" You also must be blind because last specter goes for around $30 new. I have no reason to lie or exaggerate, so don't assume you know what kind of person I am. I sold one for $30 and I kept one for myself. Guess that makes me a hoarder too? Lol

Hahahaha, you think I would lie about that shit? That cracks me up. But ya, it sold for 29.95 and I sold my used copy for $22. You must of not looked hard enough. And I didn't mean CSL games, ya those are YMMV, but not the national clearance drops. I'm just thankful clearance is finally coming back after it was ruined by that guy. Lol.

Way to out yourself...

nevermind

This discussion reminds me when I used to work for an auto auction and I used to hit up kmarts from Ogdenville to North Haverbrook and by gum I used to flip $1 copies of ....

Oh wait, wrong guy.

It's funny how the noobs never believe when people get stuff for dirt cheap. "Omg , 2 dollars!! you liar!!" You also must be blind because last specter goes for around $30 new. I have no reason to lie or exaggerate, so don't assume you know what kind of person I am. I sold one for $30 and I kept one for myself. Guess that makes me a hoarder too? Lol
Who're you calling a noob, dumbass? And since when did I say that you can't get games for a couple of bucks? I myself have gotten games for $5 or less at various Kmart branches. I even said so in a previous post... the one where you plagiarized the current prices of DQV and DQIX from (which I had already mentioned there). However, different stores have different clearance prices for many of the games, in accordance with each manager's markdowns.

And like I said, I don't give a fuck if someone who could've gotten that Prof. Layton game for a lot less (check the many other listings for it, especially the auction-style ones) paid you 30 bucks for it... but you're definitely wrong about Kmart clearance prices not being YMMV. And that was my point. Don't generalize and contribute to the misinformation. There are way too many God damned trolls as is.

hey guis stap fighin
Haha. That reminds when of when Fallout 3 came out and everyone was trying to argue witb me how great it was but I just couldn't get into it. Same thing with that glitchy mercenaries 2. Luckily I didn't pay real money since I was able to flip games and penny guides. But then people always tried to lowball me with shipping.

That reminds me of all the soccer moms who would buy games at 30 percent off before I had a chance to scoop them up to flip. That's back when I used to hit up every sears and kmart from syracuse to allentown.

Which reminds me of that jerk flea market guy who would clean out stores before I got a chance to. Grrr.

What's my point? Hell if I know but Kmart threads haven't been the same for a while...

Ya, u def. made ur point of being a tard. I plagiarized cuz I reported prices already reported? Lol , your as dumb as a box of rocks! But anyway, I scanned DQIX and it was $14.97. I saw DQ6 in the case but didnt scan it. It was marked 19.97. My K is pretty barren after I scooped up all the $1-3 games :)

Last night I found a copy of 360 Def Jam Icon, 360 Resonance of Fate, and Wii Animal Crossing City Folks (Original Label) for $2.99 each. I only paid about $5.44 total after members points.

Also got rejected again on those 4 copies of Wii Tigers Wood PGA 12 Masters. The employee wouldn't let me have them for 90% off each since they all ring up check self label ($29.99).

man animal crossing would make a hell of a flip to gamestop, if you could find 2 of them. pay $6, get $50.

i should hit up the kmart near me tomorrow i guess, see if they have a copy of Dirt 3 by some miracle. been meaning to pick that game up for a while but its always more $$ than i want to pay.

Ya, u def. made ur point of being a tard. I plagiarized cuz I reported prices already reported? Lol , your as dumb as a box of rocks! But anyway, I scanned DQIX and it was $14.97. I saw DQ6 in the case but didnt scan it. It was marked 19.97. My K is pretty barren after I scooped up all the $1-3 games :)
Haha... Listen you stupid sack of crap, my point to you (for the 4th time now) was not to spread misinformation about Kmart clearance prices not being YMMV. But your fuckTARD brain obviously can't comprehend that simple message. And yes, jackass, when you report information that someone else have already mentioned just a few posts ago, it's considered polite to give credit to the original source.

And by the way, your car is a piece of shit too! Now don't make me come up to Scranton, Pennsylvania to teach you manners, you little bitch-punk!

Haha... Listen you stupid sack of crap, my point to you (for the 4th time now) was not to spread misinformation about Kmart clearance prices not being YMMV. But your fuckTARD brain obviously can't comprehend that simple message. And yes, jackass, when you report information that someone else have already mentioned just a few posts ago, it's considered polite to give credit to the original source.

And by the way, your car is a piece of shit too! Now don't make me come up to Scranton, Pennsylvania to teach you manners, you little bitch-punk!
uh-oh. somebody is about to get a message from a mod.

for serious, you need to find a way to relax dood. self reflection, man. it works wonders.

Last night I found a copy of 360 Def Jam Icon, 360 Resonance of Fate, and Wii Animal Crossing City Folks (Original Label) for $2.99 each. I only paid about $5.44 total after members points.

Also got rejected again on those 4 copies of Wii Tigers Wood PGA 12 Masters. The employee wouldn't let me have them for 90% off each since they all ring up check self label ($29.99).
Resonance of Fate for that price is the steal of the millennium. Such an underrated game it kills me that it is not recognized by more folks.

should go look for it, but I never find good games on clearance at kmart lol.

Hey Buddy why don't we turn it down a notch

uh-oh. somebody is about to get a message from a mod.

for serious, you need to find a way to relax dood. self reflection, man. it works wonders.

Hey Buddy why don't we turn it down a notch
Actually, the mods are quite reasonable and they can see for themselves that I actually said I was done, yet he started up again with the hostilities (i.e. posts #3124 & 3125 for your reference). Strange how you guys seem to ignore that. In any case, I PMed the guy and told him that I'll be cool as long as he does the same.

Resonance of Fate for that price is the steal of the millennium. Such an underrated game it kills me that it is not recognized by more folks.

should go look for it, but I never find good games on clearance at kmart lol.
Yeah... well that's because many Kmart stores don't offer games at dirt cheap clearance prices. In many stores, it's the managers call on how low they want to go. It's YMMV from store to store. That's kind of what my argument with lude21 was all about (thanks for reading up, BTW).

Anybody know the price of Tiger Woods 12 Masters for the PS3? There's a few in a Kmart near me, but it's behid the glass and I think some of the employees are resellers there.

Actually, the mods are quite reasonable and they can see for themselves that I actually said I was done, yet he started up again with the hostilities (i.e. posts #3124 & 3125 for your reference). Strange how you guys seem to ignore that. In any case, I PMed the guy and told him that I'll be cool as long as he does the same.

Yeah... well that's because many Kmart stores don't offer games at dirt cheap clearance prices. In many stores, it's the managers call on how low they want to go. It's YMMV from store to store. That's kind of what my argument with lude21 was all about (thanks for reading up, BTW).
Actually, the mods can see that you broke the rules for posting (personal attacks). not saying he is right and you are wrong, but your reaction is really really over the line, so please don't be so naïve to think I didn't see both sides on the story...

which brings us to you next comment. Look, I know it has been rough for you since you weren't told that you were right enough times in your life and that there are probably some overlying social issues you should look over, but newsflash- I never said you were wrong. In fact, you are right. Most clearance prices at chain stores are YMMV because of limited/available stock of store to begin with. Its not like this is the first time I have read this thread. It actually has pointed out some deals that helped me find Fable 3 for .99 cents. But, again going back to your point, games this cheap are very very YMMV for multiple reasons and more than likely not going to happen for someone who just read this thread for the first or even hundredth time.

So, please, do yourself a favor and find a way to feel good about yourself and stop resorting to calling people names/threatening them on a forum on a video game website. It only cheapens your argument no matter how right you are.

Anybody know the price of Tiger Woods 12 Masters for the PS3? There's a few in a Kmart near me, but it's behid the glass and I think some of the employees are resellers there.
Some people have reported that it scans as "check shelf." So you might be able to get it for $2.99. I've seen it reported for $4.99 in the past as well.

YMMV as always.

Best way to find out without dealing with employees is to print out a barcode to scan yourself. You can usually get the UPC number from half.com or the googles and then use a upc generator website. If it's "check shelf label" than it's really YMMV what the price is.

Is Flingsmash still ringing up for people around $30? I wanted to get another Wiimote and hell if I can get Club Nintendo coins why not?

Can someone explain to me how the check self label, 90% off thing works? I haven't hit up my kmart in a while. I just want to know how that words exactly.

That means ask an employee. The item has been marked down to $.01 in the system and is supposed to be pulled from the floor and returned. Often times employees will see this on their guns and mark the item down 90%, however YMMV with this.

For those asking about the 90%/CSL thing: I have had luck taking the item up to customer service and mentioning that "a manager at another store told me that when items are out of system they can look up the last known MSRP on the price gun thing and then sell it for 90% off of that price"

Very jealous of the City Folk find, pretty decent money for that one sealed.

This weeks mini haul....

:360:  Def Jam RapStar W/Mic  $4.97

:360:  Spongebob Surf n Skate $4.97

:360:  The Michael Jackson Experience $4.97

:wii:  The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess $1.99 (Staying Sealed)

:ps2:  Kingdom Hearts: Re chains of memories $1.99!!!!!!!!! (Black Label / Staying Sealed)

This weeks mini haul....

:360: Def Jam RapStar W/Mic $4.97

:360: Spongebob Surf n Skate $4.97

:360: The Michael Jackson Experience $4.97

:wii: The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess $1.99 (Staying Sealed)

:ps2: Kingdom Hearts: Re chains of memories $1.99!!!!!!!!! (Black Label / Staying Sealed)
Lucky You TLOZ: TP :)

These have been posted but :

:pS3: Top Spin 4 -$4.97

:360: Michael Jackson The Experience -$4.97

:360: Halo Reach Legendary Edition - $49.97 (Code for flaming helmet is valuable, apparently?)

My Kmart couldn't sell Rapstar for $10, so they dropped the price to $5. I bought one to have a second mic for the Singstar games I got for free from Newegg and to finally have a replacement case for one of my games.

bread's done
Back