New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

My KMart seems to not want to clearance anything. I keep finding stuff that aren't in their system but they say they can't sell them and put them in the back. :|

The kmart near my house had a tiny electronics department and no games outside a glass case all marked 19.99 or above. :( no clearance anywhere nearby.

One close Kmart I went to last week had one copy of Wario D.I.Y for $9.97, so I went ahead and got it. Other than that, not many clearanced games but a few (junk mostly).

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been to Kmart( or this thread) in a while. When was the last time someone scanned Spirit Tracks? I remember it went down from 30 to 20 several months ago, but have no clue if there's been any movement since.

I haven't been to Kmart( or this thread) in a while. When was the last time someone scanned Spirit Tracks? I remember it went down from 30 to 20 several months ago, but have no clue if there's been any movement since.
I haven't checked in the last week but it was still $20 last I was there. Nothing's really moved in the last two months plus.

My Kmart appears to have removed every price scanner in the store, so short of taking every item up to the checkout and asking for a price check I am screwed now. I also went there to buy other items and almost every item we had rang up the wrong price, no wonder they took out the scanners, since every item rings up higher than the shelf price clearly having a price scanner is bad for business as when people see the higher prices on the items they abandon the items and don't buy them.

My Kmart appears to have removed every price scanner in the store, so short of taking every item up to the checkout and asking for a price check I am screwed now. I also went there to buy other items and almost every item we had rang up the wrong price, no wonder they took out the scanners, since every item rings up higher than the shelf price clearly having a price scanner is bad for business as when people see the higher prices on the items they abandon the items and don't buy them.
you would figure that kmart would want to clear out their old stock huh smh. and my kmart wonders why they still have over 20 copys of halo reach left lmao

Found some cheap kids/shovelware DS games at Kmart West Seneca

NDS - Nick Spongebobs Surf and Skate Roadtrip 1.99

NDS - The Smurfs 1.99

Just picked up the PS3 AC Brotherhood for $29.99-5000 points I had for last week(there were 4 total...now 3)......for some stupid reason the Xbox360 one is still coming up $59.99......so stupid....I wanted one of each statue :(

and Heads up....I got another 5000 points for this week as well....no email, just in my account...you may want to check yours for some free points

Over the years my store had these price scanners break and corporate would not replace them. At a store level we would prefer to have scanners, they are beneficial to the customer and the associates.

Too bad there is nothing that's changed around here.
Don't expect many changes until after Christmas. Kmart's holiday season began a month ago. During this time there aren't a lot of clearance markdowns because people will buy anything during this season, especially that week before Christmas. This is the opportunity for stores to finally sell those clearance games that no one wants.

There will be a markdown of "seasonal" items for all areas on 12/26 and normal markdowns will begin again in early to mid January. Just something to keep in mind for those continually checking prices.

I bought last week for $0.99 Vita game case holder, the official black one for 8 games and 2 cards, filled my other one, got it for future games

My Kmart has 2 Flingsmash bundles left. They've been sitting @ $29.97 for the past few months. A good price, but not great. If I manage to get some extra points, I'll probably pick them up.

I'm VERY tempted to put that Zelda Wii U bundle on layaway for 12 weeks (throw in a filler $5 game to put it over $299.99 to be eligible for 12 week layaway.) I have no idea how limited these Zelda Wii U bundles are and want to make sure I snag one before they are difficult to find in stores.

At the same time, I want to wait until Black Friday to see what bundles are available.

the kmart near me (greensboro, nc) took all their old crap games and put them in a bin and replaced the upcs with generic $14.99/$19.99 upcs. so... thats that i guess. they still had a bunch of random 360 games in the bottom of the locked game case so maybe theres some deals in there, but i dont have a 360 so i didnt bother to check.

My Kmart has 2 Flingsmash bundles left. They've been sitting @ $29.97 for the past few months. A good price, but not great. If I manage to get some extra points, I'll probably pick them up.

I'm VERY tempted to put that Zelda Wii U bundle on layaway for 12 weeks (throw in a filler $5 game to put it over $299.99 to be eligible for 12 week layaway.) I have no idea how limited these Zelda Wii U bundles are and want to make sure I snag one before they are difficult to find in stores.

At the same time, I want to wait until Black Friday to see what bundles are available.
Every time I see that Flingsmash bundle for more than the $11.xx, each, I paid for them at Sams Club over a year ago....

I think getting stuff for so cheap brainwashes people when it comes to pricing.

I think they were 7.99 during the BB mega sale a couple years ago. I bought 3 and they are still sitting here...I havent bought a wii yet. doh!

Derek, you took my Smurfs game that is my kmart heheh
averageguy ya I usually stay northtowns especially now that Depew/Elma or whatever Kmart closed.

Youve been sloppy though I found at least 12 diff $2-$4 games at West Seneca last month unmarked! I posted a few pages back I think

I got Child of Eden 360 today for $4.97. I also saw Starcraft 2 for $9.97, but with my backlog as big as it is I passed on it. By the time I would get around to playing the game it and the expansion will be packed together cheap.

Now that's what we call a 10 year backlog.
Actually closer to 15 years.

But for the game, the expansion is $30 on Amazon and the base game is $20. Blizzard usually has a sale around black friday, so if I wanted the game and expansion I think they will likely be under $40 total together.

It seems the stores in my area did a refresh on the clearance games.  Here are some things I've picked up recently

:3ds: Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns 1.99
:ds: Warioware DIY 4.97
:wii: Metroid Other M 4.97
:3ds: Pilotwings Resort 9.97

:3ds: Ace Combat 9.97
:ps3: Killzone 3 9.97
:psp: Valkryia Chronicles 2 14.97

:ds:  Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks 14.97
:wii: Goldeneye 007 w Gold Classic Controller 24.97
:wii: Flingsmash w Wii Remote Plus 24.97

:360: Gears of War 2 Limited Edition 29.97

Also had to get :wii: Kirby's Return to Dream Land which was on sale for $44

Saw  :3ds:  Resident Evil Revelations for 24.00 but ended up getting it at Target for 19.99.

Went by Kmart today, and found 3 things!!! 

:ps3: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 $5.99 (Had a steelbook for the game, so figured I should get the game)

:ps3: Lego Lord of The Rings $4.99 

:ps3: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean $4.99 

This weeks mini haul....

:360: Def Jam RapStar W/Mic $4.97

:360: Spongebob Surf n Skate $4.97

:360: The Michael Jackson Experience $4.97

:wii: The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess $1.99 (Staying Sealed)

:ps2: Kingdom Hearts: Re chains of memories $1.99!!!!!!!!! (Black Label / Staying Sealed)
"Staying sealed"? Why? Neither of those games will be worth anything. For TP, it's the GCN version that is valuable since it was easily the under-published of the two and as for Chains of Memories, that game has been republished in HD. It's no Ar Tonelico or Rule of Rose.

I always get a kick from people who keep AAA games sealed thinking they're collectibles. It's like thinking a copy of Madden 25 will be valuable some day.

I'll have to stop by Kmart(s) tomorrow since I finally got $3 in free points this week in one of my accounts. (had been getting $xx off $xx for the past howeverlong on all 3 accounts of mine)

Now I'll have to keep an eye out for PS3 stuff too since I have one now!

"Staying sealed"? Why? Neither of those games will be worth anything. For TP, it's the GCN version that is valuable since it was easily the under-published of the two and as for Chains of Memories, that game has been republished in HD. It's no Ar Tonelico or Rule of Rose.

I always get a kick from people who keep AAA games sealed thinking they're collectibles. It's like thinking a copy of Madden 25 will be valuable some day.
As a collector I completely disagree with you.

Even with numbers Zelda games will always have value down the road. Any sealed game of this nature has value. Chain of Memories black label PS2 sealed will also have alot of value if its XY sealed. It doesnt matter if there are HD remakes or digital versions. Collectors exist to have physical copies sealed.

For 1.99, Im saying that Zelda is worth near 100 in less than 5 years. Always remember games like Final Fantasy VII were some of the most mass produced games of their time and sealed black label versions have always held value. There is also the game grading aspect which can increase the value even more

not sure if reported but i saw a new drop

:ps3: warhammer space marine 9.97$

dead rising 2 360 isnt showing up in the price scanner anymore which sucks cause i would have used my 3$ rewards on it :(

It seems the stores in my area did a refresh on the clearance games. Here are some things I've picked up recently

:3ds: Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns 1.99
:wii: Goldeneye 007 w Gold Classic Controller 24.97
:wii: Flingsmash w Wii Remote Plus 24.97
I went looking for the above titles, but HM was at $20 and the other two at $30. I did find 10 copies of Rune Factory 3 at $20 a piece. I'm going to keep an eye on these and hopefully they'll drop.

I went looking for the above titles, but HM was at $20 and the other two at $30. I did find 10 copies of Rune Factory 3 at $20 a piece. I'm going to keep an eye on these and hopefully they'll drop.
I've found other copies of HM with the value sticker over the UPC which makes it $20. The one I got for $1.99 had no value game stickers on the front or back. (wink wink)

Saw a couple of things today:

:pS3: Driver: San Francisco - $24.97

:pS3: Little Big Planet 2 - $9.97

:pS3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - $9.97

:pS3: Top Spin 4 - $4.97

:360: Family Feud 2012 Edition - $14.97

:360: Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 - $9.97

Put the Top Spins back but thinking I should have grabbed one.

saw some 5$ games today along with with something else i have my eye on

:ps3: metal gear hd collection 14.97$
:ds: wario diy 4.97$
:360: top spin 4 4.97$

i used my 3$ in rewards to get top spin for 1.97$. cheap lil flip fodder for me which is fine as i had nothing else to use the 3$ on. i hope metal gear drops soon when i get more random rewards points :)

Didn't see many :ps3: Lego games; just Harry Potter (which is beneath me) and Star Wars. Lego Star Wars (no value sticker) came up as something like $16.79 ADV price.

If anyone cares, MotorStorm Apocalypse rang up for $15.

Did anyone see Battlefield 4 in their store? I wasn't looking for it today, but it comes up as "in stock" at my store online.

Didn't see many :ps3: Lego games; just Harry Potter (which is beneath me) and Star Wars. Lego Star Wars (no value sticker) came up as something like $16.79 ADV price.

If anyone cares, MotorStorm Apocalypse rang up for $15.

Did anyone see Battlefield 4 in their store? I wasn't looking for it today, but it comes up as "in stock" at my store online.
No PS4 stuff in my store yet. Since I work there, I've checked the electronics lockup room for any sight of anything next gen. Then again, my store is notoriously bad at getting copies of new games.

I was obviously joking...when did CAG get so stiff?  We used to joke about this stuff all the time on here.   I mean this is the freaking K-Mart thread... Penny games, dollar games, mispriced items.  People used to scan the clearance lists and post them in this thread.  Not to mention how accepted price glitching is here..   Its a deal site.   If you want the rest of the internet world to know how high and mighty you are, try www.neogaf.com.

bread's done
Back