New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

The world of Warcraft box set is pending clearance. It will soon be $4.97 or $9.97, cant remember which. If I remember I will make a list of all the games and their prices the next chance I get.
When you do, be sure to hide it with spoilers or even only keep it private for those who ask you for it. I know of least two hoarders/resellers in my area who watch this thread like hawks.

So I have $9/9000 points showing up on my SYWR account.  It doesn't list any specific place/department it has to be spent other than saying Kmart.  It says "some terms may apply" but doesn't link to or list any.  One of them(it's $5 and $4) saying "excludes groc/pharm" but the other says nothing there.

Any idea what the deal with those would be?

Yep..I actually struggled if I was going to purchase this game because it seemed it was geared more for multiplayer but it was the only one left, so I figured I better get it now or else I'll regret it. Also, for Motorstorm Apocalypse, I was reading about how it's racing during earthquakes and stuff, so I found that fascinating for me to go back and pick it up.

But this is my $5 per game haul + a bag...hope most of these games are fun! [forgot to put the XBOX 360 fitness evolved game in the photo...oh well]. Oh, the X-Men game wasn't $5 but was like $9.

11348455414_288a605e11.jpg
How much was the pouch? I have an affinity for storage. lol

The Battlechests, Witcher 2, and a Warcraft expansion pack are all $4.97. The only noteworthy new drops I noticed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to my local Kmart store this week and all their videogames are in a locked case. I don't think anything was on clearance, unless I'm missing something. There was no clearance section, either. Is this how all your local Kmarts' electronic sections operate, too? I remember when I was a kid, and just a handful of years ago, that they used to have a clearance section that was seperate, but I guess they no longer do?

Should I just check other Kmarts in my area instead of going here?

By the way, that Dragon Quest IV for $5 deal is insane. Damn

Some finds today. These may I have been posted previously.

:ps3: Driver San Francisco $9.97

:ps3: Apache Air Assault $4.97

:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.97

:ps3: Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions $4.97

:360: Nascar 2011 $4.97

:360: WWE All Stars $9.97

:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.97

:360: Two Worlds $5.00 (I think this pennied out and they repriced it based on not ending in .97)

These aren't clearance but temporary price cuts:

:ps3: LA Noire $4.99 (360 is not on sale)

:ps3: Rocksmith with Tone Cable $9.99 (standard edition)

I went to my local Kmart store this week and all their videogames are in a locked case. I don't think anything was on clearance, unless I'm missing something. There was no clearance section, either. Is this how all your local Kmarts' electronic sections operate, too? I remember when I was a kid, and just a handful of years ago, that they used to have a clearance section that was seperate, but I guess they no longer do?

Should I just check other Kmarts in my area instead of going here?

By the way, that Dragon Quest IV for $5 deal is insane. Damn
For my store, the clearance section is in electronics but in an area farther from the games and closer to the DVD-R and telephones. Previous years, they were in the rack with other games all mixed around but not anymore.

But the newer World of Warcraft Battlechest is already $5 at a bunch of places, including GameStop.
The box set on clearance at our local K-Mart store is not the Battlechest but the "Cataclysm Edition". Still $49 though...

Yeah--- I guess my local Kmart is a little wacky. They dont have a clearance section, whatsoever. I went to another Kmart in my area and they had a clearance section right alongside the games. I didn't find anything really great but my local K has nothing to be seen in any section. Weird.

I'm going to check out other Kmarts in my area later this week when I have other errands to run anyhow.

Yep..I actually struggled if I was going to purchase this game because it seemed it was geared more for multiplayer but it was the only one left, so I figured I better get it now or else I'll regret it. Also, for Motorstorm Apocalypse, I was reading about how it's racing during earthquakes and stuff, so I found that fascinating for me to go back and pick it up.

But this is my $5 per game haul + a bag...hope most of these games are fun! [forgot to put the XBOX 360 fitness evolved game in the photo...oh well]. Oh, the X-Men game wasn't $5 but was like $9.

Odd. FUSE scanned at $20 with no barcode sticker on it for me today. :whistle2:k

I think it's YMMV like the Target clearance, it may be difft.
Some finds today. These may I have been posted previously.

:ps3: Driver San Francisco $9.97
:ps3: Apache Air Assault $4.97
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.97
:ps3: Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions $4.97
:360: Nascar 2011 $4.97
:360: WWE All Stars $9.97
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.97
:360: Two Worlds $5.00 (I think this pennied out and they repriced it based on not ending in .97)

These aren't clearance but temporary price cuts:

:ps3: LA Noire $4.99 (360 is not on sale)
:ps3: Rocksmith with Tone Cable $9.99 (standard edition)
Wow..You have difft. Games at your store... But I always assumed it was YMMV like Target's clearances.

I think it's YMMV like the Target clearance, it may be difft.
People that work at Kmart like to argue from time to time that it's not YMMV but thhe very fact that the same game scans at different prices within the same district let alone across the country automatically makes it YMMV whether it's supposed to be or not.

People that work at Kmart like to argue from time to time that it's not YMMV but thhe very fact that the same game scans at different prices within the same district let alone across the country automatically makes it YMMV whether it's supposed to be or not.
Shhhh... that one particular guy might see your post and start arguing yet again :argue:

My stores place them at various places. First one is mixed up in the table with value games, second one is in the display case with value games, sometimes even put in the new games display case hidden behind all the new releases, and the third one next to video game accessories.

Well I went back to my local Kmart today to grab Rayman Origins for Wii which was fortunately still there and still $5. I also came across what's among my best clearance finds ever: Star Wars The Old Republic CE. Scanned $10!!! No idea where it came from since it wasn't there two or three days ago and I've never seen it at that store.

I found Xmen Destiny ATROCIOUS!

Well I went back to my local Kmart today to grab Rayman Origins for Wii which was fortunately still there and still $5. I also came across what's among my best clearance finds ever: Star Wars The Old Republic CE. Scanned $10!!! No idea where it came from since it wasn't there two or three days ago and I've never seen it at that store.
Thank you sir and happy holidays! There has been one at a local Kmart for the past year just sitting there on the bottom shelf by the controllers. With your surprise, I decided to go and see if this Kmart also dropped the price. The cashier at the electronics dropped his jaw when it scanned up at $9.99. BTW, just for reference I'm in WI. I don't play it (maybe I'll try), but for this price and what you get with it, might as well get it to keep! This is now a free to play title right? What does this give me life time "elite status"?

Thank you sir and happy holidays! There has been one at a local Kmart for the past year just sitting there on the bottom shelf by the controllers. With your surprise, I decided to go and see if this Kmart also dropped the price. The cashier at the electronics dropped his jaw when it scanned up at $9.99. BTW, just for reference I'm in WI. I don't play it (maybe I'll try), but for this price and what you get with it, might as well get it to keep! This is now a free to play title right? What does this give me life time "elite status"?
That's the absolute best when this thread works out like that.

It is F2P now, I'm not sure if it confers any benefits though. I'm not sure how much of a market there is to sell this thing and shipping it's going to be a pain so for $10 I might just keep it. Have to watch some videos but the figure looks like it could be pretty impressive based on the size of the box. Wasn't this thing like $150 when the game came out? Still can't believe I got it for $10.

Now if only they would drop the Killzone 3 CE (which is getting totally destroyed) to that price already so I could have the figure out of it.

Just came back from Kmart again and had the worker at the electronics department price check The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for. It rang up at $9.97.

I snagged that SW collectors a few months back at my K-mart for like $30 was diff worth the price. Sadly haven't had time to play iut yet but man snagging that collectors for $30 was a good deal. Enjoy it!!!

Just came back from Kmart again and had the worker at the electronics department price check The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for. It rang up at $9.97.
saw one today behind the glass marked 35 bucks, but draggin someone over to open the case and price check it? better luck printing my own copy of it :wall:

TR Trilogy still ringing up 9.97 and MGS HD dropped, but to 15. I will only bit at 10.

Does kmart drop weekly?

I remember when those CEs were $30. Everyone freaked out for a couple days over it lol. I ended up getting one, but returned in once I realized I'd never play it.

Passed by kmart and got driver for ps3 for 9.97 found a dragon quest 6 for ds tagged 34.99 scanned it and it was for 5 dollars :)

Anyone near a K-Mart that has Star Fox 3DS? If you do I could possibly trade Pilotwings 3DS and Steel Diver 3DS or just pay price + S/H + extra for a copy.
I went by my local K-Mart and grabbed a copy tonight for $10.xx after tax. There were two other copies left that I am going to go grab tomorrow for fellow CAGs. Patcrazystar64 has already claimed one, but I'll let the other one go to whoever PMs me first and has at least +1 Feedback. $15 shipped should cover all expenses. Thanks for the heads up on these clearance games, guys!

EDIT: Both claimed.

Went back and scanned a bunch of stuff and this is what I found:

Kingdoms of Amalur $10

Rayman Origins $10

Dishonored $15

FIFA Street $10

Max Payne 3 $10

Two Worlds 2 $5

Never Dead $10

Doom 3 BFG $20

LA Noire $5

:psp:

NFS Most Wanted $10

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 $10

Virtua Tennis 4 $20

:pc:

Witcher 2 $5

These are all things that were much higher at this store until very recently, some of these I even checked last week.  Ended up grabbing LA Noire and Two Worlds 2 but not sure if I will keep them or not.  Really would be great if Rayman, Max Payne, and FIFA Street hit the $5 point but that could take another six months.

Went back and scanned a bunch of stuff and this is what I found:

Kingdoms of Amalur $10

Rayman Origins $10

Dishonored $15

FIFA Street $10

Max Payne 3 $10

Two Worlds 2 $5

Never Dead $10

Doom 3 BFG $20

LA Noire $5

:psp:

NFS Most Wanted $10

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 $10

Virtua Tennis 4 $20

:pc:

Witcher 2 $5

These are all things that were much higher at this store until very recently, some of these I even checked last week. Ended up grabbing LA Noire and Two Worlds 2 but not sure if I will keep them or not. Really would be great if Rayman, Max Payne, and FIFA Street hit the $5 point but that could take another six months.
good looking out dood. Witcher 2 for 5 is a pick up for me, will have to check on that.

I really should get someone to check the 3ds games in the case. Two Worlds is... not great from what a good friend told me. The lighting is fucking goofy. I took my 360 copy back the other day because I just didn't see myself ever playing it or getting more than 5 out of it. KOA on the other hand is totally worth a 10 spot.

good looking out dood. Witcher 2 for 5 is a pick up for me, will have to check on that.

I really should get someone to check the 3ds games in the case. Two Worlds is... not great from what a good friend told me. The lighting is fucking goofy. I took my 360 copy back the other day because I just didn't see myself ever playing it or getting more than 5 out of it. KOA on the other hand is totally worth a 10 spot.
I didn't realize that I already had Two Worlds 2 on Steam so that probably cinches it being returned. Know it's not great but thought it was worth checking out for $5 but I'm not sure if I want to pay $5 to potentially get some trophies from a mediocre title that I might never play. Knew I had LA Noire on Steam already but there was only one copy left of that so for $5 I figured I would at lest grab it.

Sheesh the two near me actually one near the job barely has much and the one down the straight from home where i got that SW CE barely has anything. You have that K-mart that actually wants to get rid of stuff. Ahh the days of getting game bucks from that K-mart. 

I only have one kmart in my city and is totally sad, they dont ahave a selection at all and the only 3ds on sale was Steel Diver at 10 and Lego Batman 2 at $15.

I went looking for star fox but no luck at all.   :(

I really fuck ing hate kmart, and despite some of the deals to be had lately, it's hardly worth dealing with the shitty customer disservice, convoluted "rewards" system and filthy ass environment. I don't have an MBA but it seems pretty fuck ing obvious why the chain is failing. NOW I remember why I hadn't been in so long. My time is just too valuable for this shit. And then the employees (if you can even find one) have some nerve to catch an attitude when you ask for a price check. As if it's my fault half of their stuff is mislabeled and/or the price scanners on the floor are all borked. It also appears they started a "leasing" program (lololzwat?!) so all their manpower has been concentrated on scamming the unsuspecting into that shit while I wait in endless lines to checkout.

The only reason I even went back is because I had all these goddamn reward points from the AC/DKR glitch. It's definitely a trap, though, because you'll never run out of points. Always a "surprise" 4,000 here or a spend $10 get 5 back there. Ugh.

Some things to look out for:

Star Fox 3D is indeed $10 despite the $40 label.

Cooking Mama 3D is $14

Steel Diver is $5 (and still not worth it)

Pilotwings, $5

Fuse is $19.99. Not sure how that person got it for $5.

MvC3 is $10

I actually saw Rayman Origins for $5

Harvest Moon is out of the system. Tried to charge me $10...

They have a shit ton of cheap headphones on sale this week. Audiophiles needn't concern themselves, but there's still some decent stuff.

PUR filters are on sale

Poster frames are on sale/clearance as well. YMMV on this, though.

I only have one kmart in my city and is totally sad, they dont ahave a selection at all and the only 3ds on sale was Steel Diver at 10 and Lego Batman 2 at $15.

I went looking for star fox but no luck at all. :(
That Steel Diver probably hadn't been labeled for Clearance yet. Should ring up $4.99... but even then not sure it's worth it. Ninty is releasing it as a F2P title soonish, so there's that too.

Don't hate on the rewards system, it's amazing. Got a free copy of New Leaf and a $9 copy of ALBW in the last month. Yeah the people that work there suck but that's why I avoid them if possible.

bread's done
Back