New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

I went to brookpark, middleburg hts and 150th but I was looking for vita not Nintendo so I cannot answer your question. I would recommend brookpark store of the three because I've gotten lucky there before and they have the most stock IMO of the three.
thanks. didnt find anything there or at the one in garfield on rockside on longish way home.

edit: the brookpark one i went to is a super k on brookpark rd down the street from ba sweeties and best buy, where i also struck out on the 14.99 mario galaxy 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Had an awesome day stopping at a few K-Marts. Thanks to everyone who contributes here. I'll start frequenting my K-Marts more and see if I can add anything.

$5 Apache Air Assault

$5 Dynasty Warriors 7

$5 Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions

$15 Goldeneye Reloaded

$10 Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

:3ds:

$10 LoZ Spirit Tracks (bought 2)

$20 Kid Icarus Uprising

$5 Pilotwings Resort

:psp:

$5 Patapon 3

:vita:

$10 UMvC 3

$5 Wipeout 2048

$5 Hot Shots Golf

$5 Nascar 2011

$5 Transformers Dark of the Moon

$5 MotorStorm Apocalypse

$10 Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition

:wii: (especially excited for the Kirby Anniversary)

$20 Kirby Anniversary Collection (bought 2, one to ship to a friend)

$35 LoZ Skyward Sword

$5 Kirby Epic Yarn

$5 Metroid Other M

$15 Fifa 12

$15 Madden 12

$5 Transformers Dark of the Moon (w/ Car)

$10 Goldeneye w/ Gold Controller

Had an awesome day stopping at a few K-Marts. Thanks to everyone who contributes here. I'll start frequenting my K-Marts more and see if I can add anything.

$5 Apache Air Assault
$5 Dynasty Warriors 7
$5 Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions
$15 Goldeneye Reloaded
$10 Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

:3ds:
$10 LoZ Spirit Tracks (bought 2)
$20 Kid Icarus Uprising
$5 Pilotwings Resort

:psp:
$5 Patapon 3

:vita:
$10 UMvC 3
$5 Wipeout 2048
$5 Hot Shots Golf

$5 Nascar 2011
$5 Transformers Dark of the Moon
$5 MotorStorm Apocalypse
$10 Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition

:wii: (especially excited for the Kirby Anniversary)
$20 Kirby Anniversary Collection (bought 2, one to ship to a friend)
$35 LoZ Skyward Sword
$5 Kirby Epic Yarn
$5 Metroid Other M
$15 Fifa 12
$15 Madden 12
$5 Transformers Dark of the Moon (w/ Car)
$10 Goldeneye w/ Gold Controller
i am quite envious of your luck

On the topic of YMMV: I remember people were reporting that :wii: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess had dropped to $4.97. At one store I check it remained at the last clearance price of $9.97, and remained like that for a several months before reverting back to $19.97.

I had no idea the Kirby Collection was that cheap. I was at a far-ass-away Kmart earlier this week and noticed they had it, but I was sort of in a rush and couldn't find anyone to get it out of the case for me. I might have to take another trip back there though. Epic Yarn is even more elusive for me, haven't seen that one anywhere. Dang!

@Neuropod, I haven't shipped anything on CAG before, but if you're looking for a copy of Epic Yarn I think 2 of the 3 I stopped at had more that I didn't buy. If  you want, I can PM you if I get back there in the next few days and can pick up a copy. Would only charge the price + shipping.

Went to 3 Kmarts, didn't buy anything :(

All 3 had Dynasty 7 for $20, damn label over original UPC!
None had UMVC3  which is what I really wanted

2 of them had Hot shot Golf for $20 scanned

One of them still had a vita cradle for $4.97, seeing as I have a hori case on my vita I didn't buy it.

@Neuropod, I haven't shipped anything on CAG before, but if you're looking for a copy of Epic Yarn I think 2 of the 3 I stopped at had more that I didn't buy. If you want, I can PM you if I get back there in the next few days and can pick up a copy. Would only charge the price + shipping.
I would love that, thanks so much.

Killed the rest of my SYWR bonus credit of $5 with a purchase of :ps3: NHL 13 for $9.99.  This game was on sale & not clearanced so the price should be universal across all KMarts.

I did leave the following behind:

:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.97

:ps3: X-Men Destiny $9.97

:ps3: Warhammer 40K Space Marine $5.00

I'm going to wait until the sale on clearance at K Mart that starts on Dec. 29th to see if these games go lower (as Call of Juarez & X-Man are confirmed turds)

Killed the rest of my SYWR bonus credit of $5 with a purchase of :ps3: NHL 13 for $9.99. This game was on sale & not clearanced so the price should be universal across all KMarts.

I did leave the following behind:

:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.97

:ps3: X-Men Destiny $9.97

:ps3: Warhammer 40K Space Marine $5.00

I'm going to wait until the sale on clearance at K Mart that starts on Dec. 29th to see if these games go lower (as Call of Juarez & X-Man are confirmed turds)
What sale on clearance?

Went to 3 Kmarts, didn't buy anything :(

All 3 had Dynasty 7 for $20, damn label over original UPC!
None had UMVC3 which is what I really wanted

2 of them had Hot shot Golf for $20 scanned

One of them still had a vita cradle for $4.97, seeing as I have a hori case on my vita I didn't buy it.
UMVC3 for the Vita was also what I was looking for. Might check out another Kmart but they're all a bit out of the way and not exactly the nicest stores.

If you're looking for Hot Shots Golf let me know. It's the only thing I picked up but I already have a copy. I think I was just trying to justify the trip. :whistle2:

:wii: Goldeneye 007 with gold Wii Classic Controller Pro $14.97

Posted here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/324746-kmart-ads-1219-to-14-pokemon-xy-30-1219-1224/

Hopefully there will be some set prices nationwide & some additional games on clearance due to it being mentioned in the weekly ad.
:whistle2:k So they're going to add $5 to a game as part of a clearance blowout sale? Not to mention if they'll still be any copies left by then.

At the time, I didn't think about it, but there were a few copies of Professor Layton & The Last Spectre on the floor that scanned as Out of the System. I did go back to check, but the manager was gone & the cashier did not want to sell the game for anything else but the listed price ($29.99).
Last Spectre should be $10. I scanned one myself before it was out of the system (and stupidly passed on it). A manager or employee who knows what they're doing can use a scan gun to find the last sold price of the item. I had them do it last week with POS Soccer 3D when I found a lone copy marked $20 sitting around with some GBA games being neglected by everyone.

Um guys, there's already Kmart trading thread, you know. Post trades there instead of here.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/69608-kmart-clearance-trade-thread/
That thread is the K-mart of CAG threads; nobody's been actively using it for over 3 years...

UMVC3 for the Vita was also what I was looking for. Might check out another Kmart but they're all a bit out of the way and not exactly the nicest stores.

If you're looking for Hot Shots Golf let me know. It's the only thing I picked up but I already have a copy. I think I was just trying to justify the trip. :whistle2:
Thanks for the offer, but I'm leaving tomorrow on a 2.5 month vacation so I wanted UMVC3 to take with me. I would have definitely gotten in touch with you for it, but no time :( Thanks though!! :)

Silent Hill HD collection for 360 is $10, they were damn busy due to the holliday so I didn't ask them to scan the games behind glass.

I had no idea the Kirby Collection was that cheap. I was at a far-ass-away Kmart earlier this week and noticed they had it, but I was sort of in a rush and couldn't find anyone to get it out of the case for me. I might have to take another trip back there though. Epic Yarn is even more elusive for me, haven't seen that one anywhere. Dang!
i was 7.99 at best buy this past year = ) i got it than

I think the price drops tend to be more universal, actually. Not saying that something isn't done on the store level, but it seems a lot of us have been able to get in on these.
The price drops are universal but they still need to be manually activated. Its really only takes a minute to do but it can be overlooked.

Picked up 1 Golden Sun Dark Dawn and 1 Kirby Epic Yarn. Everything else was in a damn security case or had stickers over the UPC. I'm so tempted to just take them off lol. I want Harvest Moon 3D for $5!!!!

That thread is the K-mart of CAG threads; nobody's been actively using it for over 3 years...

what? that thread hasnt been touched in 3 years
I only mention that thread because quite a number of people here were making trade posts and felt it was littering this thread a bit. But I suppose it was too much to ask to bump up an old thread that is more manageable and suitable place for trade posts. Sorry. :roll:

I grabbed two copies of Spirit Tracks for $9.97 each and Starcraft 2 was down to $5 as well. My store was ridiculously unorganized but it was worth it to dig for a few minutes!

Hmm, think my Kmart might have had one of the Pokemon Ranger games. Didn't think to scan it though since it's not the kind of thing you expect to be on clearance.
Seems like there are a lot of new games that have been added. Thinking I may need to check on the Pokepark, Kirby Return to Dreamland, and a couple other OOP games I've seen at mine....

Seems like there are a lot of new games that have been added. Thinking I may need to check on the Pokepark, Kirby Return to Dreamland, and a couple other OOP games I've seen at mine....
Didn't someone mention that there's supposed to be a "sale" on clearance stuff on like the 29th or something?

Hmm, think my Kmart might have had one of the Pokemon Ranger games. Didn't think to scan it though since it's not the kind of thing you expect to be on clearance.
I didn't know if it would ring up as $5, but it looked like it would've been a clearance game. Security case and had one of the old $29.99 stickers on it. It and Dragon Quest were the only good ones at the one I went to, I would've tried others with the old stickers if they were alright games

So is this clearance just random?

Also is there anyway to just check stock? 

It just seems the only kmart I have doesn't have anything ever lol

I picked up an extra copy of :vita: Hot Shots Golf if anyone wants to trade. Looking for :vita: Wipeout 2048. Willing to trade other $5 clearance games if available at my store.

Grabbed dat metal gear on ps3 and star fox 3ds at the Kmart near countryside mall in Clearwater. There were more copies and they also had Zelda DS.

Ugh I checked the two kmarts within 30 miles of my parents home today: no Zelda, no starfox. :(

ill go check tomorrow to see what they got but i doubt my GF wants to go anywhere seeing as its christmas eve -_- ill go next week = ) thats pay day 

My kmart still has MS Point Cards for sale at the normal price (yes, I checked them on a scanner). Will these ever be clearanced? What happens if they never sell? Does Kmart just write them off as a loss?

My kmart still has MS Point Cards for sale at the normal price (yes, I checked them on a scanner). Will these ever be clearanced? What happens if they never sell? Does Kmart just write them off as a loss?
If they are the ones not in the plastic, they have no value until someone buys them. Kmart pays nothing for them until they sell. So if they don't sell, Kmart will just trash them or send them back to Microsoft. So no, until we see Kmart completely lose its mind, they won't be clearanced.

If they are the ones not in the plastic, they have no value until someone buys them. Kmart pays nothing for them until they sell. So if they don't sell, Kmart will just trash them or send them back to Microsoft. So no, until we see Kmart completely lose its mind, they won't be clearanced.
This, they'll just send them back to MS or whatever.

Kmart in herndon, VA wiped clean of vita games. One copy of tearaway at full price left. They have a bunch of PSP games for 4.99 like locoroco, socom, patapon etc

bread's done
Back