New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

looks like the 90% off check shelf label price thing is over..found a driver for xbox for 19.97 but scanned as check self label so tried my luck they told me its 19.97 :p no 90% off.. :(
Its not over, just depends if your Kmart does that for those items.
you have to be willing to agree and stand your ground lol i did this in the beginning of JAN it isnt over trust me

Stopped at a kmart during a road trip today. Only thing I found was Call of Juarez for PS3, manager had to manually adjust the price to $3. Still on the lookout for Skylanders and Spider-Man for PS3.

Well that sucks, first time I was able to make it to Kmart since someone reported the AC Brotherhood CE being out of the system or marked down or whatever it was and it was gone.  Sadness since I've been checking that for some time, hopefully the raggedy KZ3 CE will drop one day and I'll be able to actually get it.

Picked up Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collector's Edition for 360 for $10 this evening. Rang up as enter price on register and .01 on the scanner. Manager told clerk to sell it for $10. Nothing else of note really.

And thats how you lose your job folks
Ever worked retail? That's done EVERYWHERE and managers are like "as long as it gets sold I don't care". As a retail store I worked at we would put clearance things as cheap as they would go without an override and stuck them on a shelf, sometimes we would stick some i nthe corner for us too.

I spotted several games with the bright green Clearance stickers. One of them was Star Wars FU II Collector's Edition for $5!!!!

"Oh no, it's $49," she responded.

I protested that it's marked $5 and that is the price they must sell it to me. She went to the Service counter and brought back a senior cashier, who stated it had been incorrectly priced. She scratched off the sticker right in front of me.
At this exact point in the transaction is when you should have raised both fists in the air and yelled "NoooOOOooooooOOo!!!!!!!"

K-Mart: Master Bait & Switcher :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is absolutely illegal in the state of MI. I would contact the state's Attorney General's office and file a complaint, especially if they've done this multiple times. Which store was this so I don't make the mistake of going there?
I looked it up and according to the AG, if the cashier notices the incorrect price before the transaction is complete you may not be entitled to that price. You can try to sue, but it may be difficult to prove in court that they were "bait and switching" on purpose.

The store was the Southfield, MI store on Greendield Rd.

I looked it up and according to the AG, if the cashier notices the incorrect price before the transaction is complete you may not be entitled to that price. You can try to sue, but it may be difficult to prove in court that they were "bait and switching" on purpose.

True but $5 is the actual price I picked one up few day ago at that same price you should of asked them to use the rmu gun and it would of showed up as pennied out

That's not a bait and switch.
That was the only term I could thing of at the time. They still should have honored it. There were several other items with the same stickers like a Xbox 360 WiFi Headset for $4.97 (was going to get it for my phone). I have purchased several games with the same stickers at Kmart for $2.97 each in the past.

It was the correct price, I dont know what the problem was with that cashier.

Well Karma must me biting me in the ass for flipping those damn cases because Amazon still hasn't received them. They said the snowstorm has held stuff up, though. 

Well, this was interesting.

I got $3 in points on a $10 purchase, so I decided to go back and get the Tomb Raider Trilogy my store wanted $10.  It was in one of the anti-theft hard cases which the cashier removed before putting it in a plastic bag.  Get home, notice the case is missing the shrink wrap, open it up and the disc is missing.

I have a feeling the return is going to be a pain in the ass to deal with.

Well, this was interesting.

I got $3 in points on a $10 purchase, so I decided to go back and get the Tomb Raider Trilogy my store wanted $10. It was in one of the anti-theft hard cases which the cashier removed before putting it in a plastic bag. Get home, notice the case is missing the shrink wrap, open it up and the disc is missing.

I have a feeling the return is going to be a pain in the ass to deal with.
Yeah, I almost bought a Sonic Generations like that but saw it in time. Told them about it and it's still on the shelf like two months later.

Came by a K today that I don't usually come by. Snagged a MS COD MW3 controller for 24.95 on clearance. Decent deal.

Flingsmash rang up at 30. I was just gonna get it and ship it at cost to someone on here, but it was too high. Skyward sword was 10. I passed.

Interesting, I went back to our local store, where I had luck with clearance prices.  But this time around, tried to purchase a few and nothing would show up on the register.  Saw the piano DS game which I saw someone purchase for $4.99....tried..but he couldn't get a price.

Also, took the Harvest Moon 3DS game...he couldn't get a price on it either. 

Oh well....next time...

Picked up Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collector's Edition for 360 for $10 this evening. Rang up as enter price on register and .01 on the scanner. Manager told clerk to sell it for $10. Nothing else of note really.
really? i saw one a couple months ago it was there everytime i came back no one bought it im going today to see if its .01 out im going to try to get it for 3 bucks lol wish me luck yep they didnt have it someone bought it i wonder who maybe someone from CAG lol

Came by a K today that I don't usually come by. Snagged a MS COD MW3 controller for 24.95 on clearance. Decent deal.

Flingsmash rang up at 30. I was just gonna get it and ship it at cost to someone on here, but it was too high. Skyward sword was 10. I passed.
what passed on skyword sword for 10?! how about you go back and get it for me lol

[quote name="SonicGamer" post="11489121" timestamp="1391191910"]what passed on skyword sword for 10?! how about you go back and get it for me lol [/quote] lol he passed on Skyward for $10? He gotta be joking

Fawk - I don't have a Wii... I was only gonna grab it in case anyone here wanted it. I just figured it was a game that would show up check label. When it didn't, I didn't figure anyone here would want it. My bad. I feel like a criminal! :)
Don't sweat it, I honestly don't know the value of half of the 360 and PS3 games I see on clearance, hopefully someone else is able to grab a copy at that price (which is the lowest I've seen since Sears clearanced it back in winter 2012).

Fawk - I don't have a Wii... I was only gonna grab it in case anyone here wanted it. I just figured it was a game that would show up check label. When it didn't, I didn't figure anyone here would want it. My bad. I feel like a criminal! :)
Its a great deal for $10. I already have it but I don't have the MUSIC CD. Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna check and see if my Kmart has it. One advice: If you see any Zelda game for $10 new, don't even think. Just buy it, even if you don't have the console to play it.

Its a great deal for $10. I already have it but I don't have the MUSIC CD. Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna check and see if my Kmart has it. One advice: If you see any Zelda game for $10 new, don't even think. Just buy it, even if you don't have the console to play it.
Yeah - not sure why I didn't. That's what I did with that Final Fantasy game a couple of weeks ago an that turned out pretty well. ;) I guess I was just excited about the controller and didn't check back to CAG.

Are they changing when they do markdowns now? Cause I travel alot for work and checked stores in Illinois Missouri and Kentucky while on roadtrip and that game came up as $35 both on the price scanner and on the register at each store I found it and this was in the past 3 days and it was the one with the cd unless the one the poster refereeing to is without the cd if there is one idk I'm confused now

Went by my local Kmart and couldn't find the right Elite 3DS case.  I saw some Elite 3DS cases by Alpine but those weren't the right ones since they didn't have the Nintendo logo on the front.  I double checked by typing in the UPC in the AMZ database and no luck there.

Hello. This is my first post and I just went to Kmart looking for Skyward Sword. I didn't find it, but I did pick up a DS Clean & Protect Kit for $1. It had 3 styli, a screen protector, a screen cleaner, and a game case. Now if only I could find a new DS, since my old one is broken.

-Wild Blaziken appeared!

-Wild Blaziken ran away!

Mine had a Skyward but it's still going for MSRP and this is a K-Mart that is on top of their clearancing.. Also, Dynasty Warriors 7 and a bunch of other previously clearanced games came up as $19.99 and labeled as "PS3/360 Q4". Super weird and disappointing. :S Found Two Worlds 2 and Pilot Wings stickered at $3.99 but coming up as 'Check Shelf Label'. Picked up Pilot Wings, might go back for Two Worlds but I heard the game was pretty bad so we'll see.

Mine had a Skyward but it's still going for MSRP and this is a K-Mart that is on top of their clearancing.. Also, Dynasty Warriors 7 and a bunch of other previously clearanced games came up as $19.99 and labeled as "PS3/360 Q4". Super weird and disappointing. :S Found Two Worlds 2 and Pilot Wings stickered at $3.99 but coming up as 'Check Shelf Label'. Picked up Pilot Wings, might go back for Two Worlds but I heard the game was pretty bad so we'll see.
When it rings weird like that, it's probably them realizing that it was ringing "Check Shelf Label", which means it's been clearanced all the way down to a penny. When they find those games, there's a vendor that will come in with new UPC's and make them a "value game" at $19.99. They're too lazy to label it its actual name, so instead they do a generic name for a whole bunch of games from when they did it.

After checking 4 kmarts over the past 2 weeks I finally found one with Kid Icarus, rang up at $39.99 though, blargh
That was clearance to $20 temporarily for a week only sale toward the beginning of January I know how you feel though cause I was looking for that to and couldn't find one until after the sale was over

That was clearance to $20 temporarily for a week only sale toward the beginning of January I know how you feel though cause I was looking for that to and couldn't find one until after the sale was over
I admit I don't follow this thread too much but I was under the impression it was in the $15 range and not a timed thing, makes me feel better though

After checking 4 kmarts over the past 2 weeks I finally found one with Kid Icarus, rang up at $39.99 though, blargh
You know where it's at atleast :)

I already know my local store doesn't have Skyward Sword but if anyone gets an extra one for cheap hit me up. I'd be happy to work something out regarding price or trade.

bread's done
Back