New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Yeap. The one by my house did the same thing, all the hack gu's are 9.99 and magna carta 2 xbox 9.99 an a ton of those active ps3 workout things for $5 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the Skylanders 3ds starter kits, the list prices for the 3ds versions started around $60-$70.
Yea but that was a bundle not a normal stand alone game cause in that way of thinking we would have to include kingdom hearts drop 3d collector set and bravely default collector set and any other bundles or collector sets

Found a Harvest Moon 3DS without a price tag. Told them I'd pay $4 max (store is also going out of business). They came back with $16. No thanks.

Did find a few copies of that Firefighter 3DS game for $10 each. Picked up 2 and took them across the street to BB.

Store has cleaned out a lot in the last couple weeks. Although they probably still have 15 X360s, and 10 3DS XLs. Also randomly have about 40 copies of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversery.

Found one of the Harvest Moons in the clearance bin at the Hollywood, FL Kmart. Price didn't ring up. Indian Lady manager said it's $49.99 because it "looks like Mario and that's how much Mario is." I politely informed her that the game wasn't even $49.99 when it first came out and if it's that price, it shouldn't be in the clearance bin.

Found one of the Harvest Moons in the clearance bin at the Hollywood, FL Kmart. Price didn't ring up. Indian Lady manager said it's $49.99 because it "looks like Mario and that's how much Mario is." I politely informed her that the game wasn't even $49.99 when it first came out and if it's that price, it shouldn't be in the clearance bin.
She was probably talking about her husband, Mario, who probably charges $49.99 to fix your plumbing.

I only say that since there's no way an employee would arbitrarily make up a price. Right?

.... right?

*Sigh*

Oh those crazy Indian Lady managers.

Yea but that was a bundle not a normal stand alone game cause in that way of thinking we would have to include kingdom hearts drop 3d collector set and bravely default collector set and any other bundles or collector sets
Yeah I see your point. But in the case of Skylanders 3ds, you initially need the portal/figures from the starter kit to play the actual game (I assume the same holds for Disney Infinity, which has a list of $75 last time I checked). In the case of limited/collector's editions, it's just extra stuff that is not necessary to core game play.

Man both are such great games, just recently started Uncharted 2 and I'm almost done but I honestly don't want it to end. Gotta buy 3 now.
Uncharted 3 is still very, very, good (with a lot of humor) and definitely worth it if you enjoyed the first two but be forewarned: Uncharted 2 is the best of the series (so far). But part 3 is a very close second.

Went to 3 other Kmart's today and came back empty handed.  However, the first one had, I kid you not, at least 50 brand new copies of Skyward Sword in the glass cases.  I had an employee ring it up and kept my fingers crossed it would ring up at $10 like others had said in this thread but sadly it was 39.99.  Luckily (at least for me) that location is closing down so hopefully within the next few weeks at 60-70% off it will easily be worth the trip back.  The second had the normal shovel ware (Imagine Babyz, Sesame Street games, etc).  The third had an opened copy of The Sims Medieval that required a manager to OK a price since it wouldn't ring up.  She wanted $5 so I said forget it, I'm not blowing $5 on the chance that someone wrote down the code and the game is worthless.

Also, I tried Harvest Moon 3DS at all three and it still rang up 19.99.

LOL, I would have laughed so hard in their face.

It's very YMMV.

If the game is tagged for a higher price, they may say that is the price.

Other times they will give you 90% off the stickered price or 90% off the original price.

It's also possible they will say it has to be returned to the vendor and they can't sell it (although that seems to be very rare).

You should probably tell them that you know that it means it's 90% off. Not rudely or anything, but maybe say they've done it for you in the past. Any manager that says it's not 90% off is lying through their teeth. 

Everytime I've gotten a "check shelf", they pull out their price gun and give it to me at the "last sold price". Now, I don't know if they were just bullshitting, but it's been working in my favor.

Everytime I've gotten a "check shelf", they pull out their price gun and give it to me at the "last sold price". Now, I don't know if they were just bullshitting, but it's been working in my favor.
I don't think there's really any hard policy on it and winds up one of those manager discretion things.

Is the 90% off rule written anywhere? I got a manager who likes making up prices and it's gotten way past the point of tolerating it.
There is no written thing cause it what usually happen but it still ymmv and at manager discretion it not a official policy just something alot will allow but not all it a hit or miss kind of thing

Policy is 90% off last price.
The policy is actually to pull the merchandise and ship it off. When an item says "Check Shelf Label", it is ringing up a penny. When taken to a register, the cashier has the option to put in any price they want without an override.

Most managers will sell the item at a 90% discount to get the item out of the store and make a customer happy. However, emails are sent out a few times a year scolding stores for selling the merchandise instead of returning it. Managers will often times curtail the number of discounts for awhile.

I think I know the answer to this, but ... can shop your way points be used on the purchase of PSN cards?

A couple of years ago I was able to do this all the time. 6 months ago I tried but was denied. Cashier's told me it won't work on any gift cards. At the same time, I tried an iTunes card to no avail.

Well, so far the website is saying I've redeemed my points AND earned points. I guess I'll see how it shakes out once the order finishes processing ...

Well, so far the website is saying I've redeemed my points AND earned points. I guess I'll see how it shakes out once the order finishes processing ...
yea cause it states here on the website

Do all my purchases count towards earning Points?

Most items count towards earning Points, but not all.
Items that do not earn Points include: lottery tickets, food from the eatery, licenses, concessions, tobacco, alcohol, firearms, gift cards, postage, bill payments, credit card payments, gasoline, Western Union, prior layaway purchases, purchases for which Points were redeemed, ServiceLive and Sears Hearing Aids, Portrait Studios or any other licensed business, charges for installation, delivery charges, shipping charges, extended warranties, protection agreements, Sears or Kmart auctions on eBay, and taxes and fees.

cause I think awhile back they had animal crossing and donkey kong both on the 3ds with $25 in points back and people spent points hoping to get points and it showed them earning the points yet the points didn't actually post

If anybody is interested in clearance toys the vast majority now come up as "check shelf label". 90% off last price if your Kmart does that.

Policy is 90% off last price.
I am a Kmart associate and I can tell you there is no official policy. Policy is that these items are suppose to be taken off the floor ASAP but most Kmart's lack the manpower to accomplish this.

Figured as much. Drats. Oh well. The Titanfall preorder option finally showed up again, so I jumped on that instead.
Thank you for sharing, I have been waiting for Titanfall to be available. Associate discount plus a crap load of shop your way offers stacked, in the end it will only cost me around $25!

Thank you for sharing, I have been waiting for Titanfall to be available. Associate discount plus a crap load of shop your way offers stacked, in the end it will only cost me around $25!
No problem. Even if I don't get the point bonus, I'd rather save the $7 in points I used than get a gift card from Best Buy or Microsoft. Hard dollars saved are always better than store credits. I'm also rationalizing a bit, ha ha.

What do you guys do when a game comes up as "check shelf price"
cry. bawl my eyes out. biting on the inside of your cheek while you wait in line is a good way to get the tears started. make sure you don't have a tissue either, cause it looks extra sad when you use you shirt sleeve to wipe your eyes.

actually, I just end up crying in my car after I get turned down on the 90% thang.

Got this today for $5 (Barring the price tag)

JPi8Y3J.jpg

You guys should check your SYWR accounts.  I ended up getting $7 off $30 in points that expire next week.  This is the first time I've got anything decent in a couple months.  Gonna scan a bunch of games when I go there to try and get $30 in clearance stuff.  If all else fails I'll just buy a DS4 since they're on sale even though I don't own a PS4 yet.

You guys should check your SYWR accounts. I ended up getting $7 off $30 in points that expire next week. This is the first time I've got anything decent in a couple months. Gonna scan a bunch of games when I go there to try and get $30 in clearance stuff. If all else fails I'll just buy a DS4 since they're on sale even though I don't own a PS4 yet.
One thing about those SYWR $X off $YY purchase promotions, most of the time it has to be eligible items, which excludes clearance (sometimes even sale items, which is even more ridiculous). Not all of them mind you, like for example its just $X off any purchase, then it doesn't matter if its clearance or not. Either way, check the fine print just to be sure.

One thing about those SYWR $X off $YY purchase promotions, most of the time it has to be eligible items, which excludes clearance (sometimes even sale items, which is even more ridiculous). Not all of them mind you, like for example its just $X off any purchase, then it doesn't matter if its clearance or not. Either way, check the fine print just to be sure.
thanks for the heads up but this one doesn't have any restrictions. Pretty sure its good store wide. Its was applying online yesterday when I was debating on buying the new Donkey Kong game for the $15 in bonus points. Had it in my cart but they wanted $6 for shipping and there was no store pickup option for a preorder so I didn't buy it.

And it often doesn't bother to tell you those exclusions. :p

bread's done
Back