New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

The Classic Pro Controllers were locked on a peg for me. I was going to buy one anyway, but when it rang up at $12 I figured I'd get another. I only ever had a regular classic controller, loving the feel of the pro.

The Classic Pro Controllers were locked on a peg for me. I was going to buy one anyway, but when it rang up at $12 I figured I'd get another. I only ever had a regular classic controller, loving the feel of the pro.
Unless you have a nostalgic slant towards the dimensional layout and spacing of the original CC mimicking the SNES pad, the CC Pro is miles better (the larger distance between the analog sticks is the biggest plus). It quickly became my preferred input method for any Wii game that supported it.

No games clearance at my local store but a ton of toys. Like a whole aisle full. Nothing amazing yet but hopefully it will get there. Lot of BIG LEGO sets too.

No games clearance at my local store but a ton of toys. Like a whole aisle full. Nothing amazing yet but hopefully it will get there. Lot of BIG LEGO sets too.
I live in the same area as you and I NEVER find anything in the kmarts around me. More often than not, half the shelves are empty and it's deserted. I found a Spiderman: Edge of Time one time and had the employee scan it in the hopes it'd be a clearance item and laughed when it rang up for $50. No price tag or anything on it either.

I found:

Soul Calibur 5 - $10

Street Fighter x Tekken - $10

Blue DSi - $80

Skyward Sword - $25

Got a $15 off $75 or more coupon when I bought the first 2 games that I'll probably use on the DSi

I live in the same area as you and I NEVER find anything in the kmarts around me. More often than not, half the shelves are empty and it's deserted. I found a Spiderman: Edge of Time one time and had the employee scan it in the hopes it'd be a clearance item and laughed when it rang up for $50. No price tag or anything on it either.
There's a middle aged guy who literally clears out every store when given the chance. Run into him a couple times. Doesn't help that most of the stores around here aren't very good on clearance to begin with.

I haven't found nothing literally in 2 months since the big markdown when the 3ds elite cases,skylanders and lots more was marked down but with the size of that markdown I had a feeling it would be dry the next few months just not this dry i haven't found nothing since that time

I haven't found nothing literally in 2 months since the big markdown when the 3ds elite cases,skylanders and lots more was marked down but with the size of that markdown I had a feeling it would be dry the next few months just not this dry i haven't found nothing since that time
That was a great day. Then they killed all the clearance and took it back up to full price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearance has been bad for me at KMart since around 5 years ago. Before that I always used to find stuff for 90% off that was in the system for that price compared to now where the only way to get the games for next to nothing is once they go out of the system and hope you get a manager to give you 90% off which I have not had much success with.

Sears was just starting to get back to how it used to be back then too until they stopped carrying most games a year ago.

Between losing KMart and Sears for cheap games, Circuit City and CompUSA going of business I don't get the chance to get nearly as many under $5 games as I used to.

There is basically no place to get game deals for me now unless I manage to get in on an online deal that everyone else knows about. Especially since a certain independent game store has opened up in my area and now cleans out all the deals before the public can get their hands on them then marks up the price by 500%. I assume they bought every game from our Big Lots as one day there were games there and the next day they are gone (not that there was anything that great there anyways). Sears has stopped carrying most video games and Kmart deals will be extremely YMMV. The 1-2 Kmart's left in my area don't get most new titles in anyways, which makes it impossible for me to even take advantage of those SYW rewards offers. Kmart's game case is almost entirely empty and most of the other games they have are now value games where the price will be set in stone for eternity.

Just saw a large amount of PS Move bundles clearanced at a local kmart.

z2t8.jpg

i can confirm that the vita memory cards are now 8 bucks the 4 gb ones i didnt grab one but will on the 3rd = ) they had plenty and doubt many ppl have vitas also the ps3 move set is 20 down from 84 sadly mine had none 

Found a normal move for $20 but after SYWR points came down to $12. I bit. Went to another kmart and everything Move rung up as normal.

Just saw a large amount of PS Move bundles clearanced at a local kmart.

z2t8.jpg
I was just going to post this. Picked up the only copies (1 of each) of these at my kmart for $21 each and a move navigation controller for $12. I also had $7 suprise points and a $10 back in points on $50 electronics purchase. I paid completely in points. So it cost $47 ($54 - $7 sup) in points and I got back $10 in points. Basically $37. I haven't found decent clearance at that particular store for almost 2 years, so I am pretty happy.

I had a move kit scanned a couple days ago and it rang up as $85.  Apparently not all stores got the memo on clearancing them. :/

At another store I had a great experience though: found an OOS Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition and got it for $5 with no problems.  The electronics manager knew about the 90% off thing without me even mentioning it.  They just had to radio a higher manager to get approval, and I got it for $5. (actually free since I got some groceries too and had a $5 off $15 SYWR points thing)

I found a Minotaurus Lego set back in electronics with the Lego Battles DS game bundled for $8. Looks like it's $13-ish on amazon.

They had the Lego Star Wars III: Clone Wars set that included a bobblehead marked down for the Wii, but not the DS. Aside from that, pretty old Guitar Hero decal overlays for Slash and Ozzy for $1.49. They looked like for the controller for around 3.

Not a real hot deal, but they had some Vita 4GB memory cards for 8$. Gonna keep my eye out for those in a month or two.

As for games, dang near wiped out. Starcraft 2 and Black ops 1 for PC are $5. Rest of the games are pretty much shovelware.

Forgot to mention that toy clearance is up to 50% off the tagged price now.  Went today after checking for at least a month waiting for it to hit 50% and the three dozen or so ~$120 MSRP LEGO sets that would have been ~$40-50 between the clearance and the 50% were gone.  I'm sure it was one person who cleared them all out too; there was a LotR and Star Wars set I really wanted too.

Kind of off topic but I have a Kmart closing close by.  Games are 30% off.  
Does anyone whose been around a Kmart closing before know if I can expect any better deals that this or is 30% off about as good as it is going to get?

Kind of off topic but I have a Kmart closing close by. Games are 30% off.
Does anyone whose been around a Kmart closing before know if I can expect any better deals that this or is 30% off about as good as it is going to get?
they go up 10 percent about every week n half to two weeks up until the store close usually a two month period from first closig markdowns to actual closed day

Kind of off topic but I have a Kmart closing close by. Games are 30% off.
Franklin? I checked it last Saturday, nothing that caught my eye for 30% off. Did pick up a few non-game items. Also, if you have a shop your way rewards card and spend $50+, you get 5% off (I assume that is ongoing, not just last weekend).

Stupid 'resellers' either bought up everything good at 10% which I really cannot understand why at all because if you are reselling, how the hell do you profit with a 10% discount or they were shipped to currently open Kmarts which is most likely the case. There was a Wii U I had been eyeing but someone took it for a measly 10% off. It would've been 30% by now.

It seems like it is like that with every story closing sale. People see a sign saying "Store Closing" or "Going out of Business" and rush in and buy everything at 10% - 30% off. When one of my local KMart stores was closing I stopped in to check out the prices and even with the discount, they were still twice as much as stores like Target on some items like food (not that you would want to buy food at KMart unless you want soda that expired close to a year ago). It was the same thing with CompUSA and Circuit City, as soon as the liquidation started mostly everything that was good is gone right away.

It seems like it is like that with every story closing sale. People see a sign saying "Store Closing" or "Going out of Business" and rush in and buy everything at 10% - 30% off. When one of my local KMart stores was closing I stopped in to check out the prices and even with the discount, they were still twice as much as stores like Target on some items like food (not that you would want to buy food at KMart unless you want soda that expired close to a year ago). It was the same thing with CompUSA and Circuit City, as soon as the liquidation started mostly everything that was good is gone right away.
the reason for that is with most liquidation there no sales price or nothing everything is raised back to msrp to start the discount process so a lot stuff is actually a lot cheaper before a liquidation sale usually

the reason for that is with most liquidation there no sales price or nothing everything is raised back to msrp to start the discount process so a lot stuff is actually a lot cheaper before a liquidation sale usually
Yes and Kmart has stuff for sometimes 40-50% off in the ad and the ads do not apply when its a liquidation sale. Its a problem with clothing because most clothing at all retailers is marked up to insanely high prices, then put on a discount schedule. If a liquidator is marking up clothing to start the cycle then you have things like sweaters that start at $60 and coats that start at $100 for Kmart quality items, which aren't worth buying until they hit something like 70-90% off. Also the liquidators have been getting really scammy lately, and they don't put 75% off until the very last day and 90% off almost never happens so most things will sit at 40-50% for weeks. There is also no return policy at all, so that's another reason to not buy from a liquidator.

went to my local kmart they had a table with a bunch of games on clearance..nothing special though price wise... mostly 18-24 dollar games..uncharted vita was 24 , resident evil mercenaries for 3ds was 18....etc so maybe theyll drop further later ?? we'll have to wait and see :)

Saw a huge table of games all systems

They had groups $12 , 16 , 21 , 24 and a bunch of games that weren't labeled most were old junk Singstar Abba Singstar Queen Start the Party Hip Hop Dance but two games that weren't labeled were Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and Halo Anniversary . Brought them up to customer service and after they talked to the manager got both for $6 JACKPOT !!!! Was thrilled . Some of the games At 12 were Kingdoms of Amular Devil May Cry (Ninja Theory) Once upon a monster $ 16 Army of Two DC Crisis 3 etc etc.Very thrilled as this store has re labeled almost all of their clearance with those vague UPC codes :)

They aslo have these for $5 each:

http://www.amazon.com/KNEX-Nintendo-Mario-Bowser-Building/dp/B0082OWB80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397228461&sr=8-1&keywords=motorcycle+bowser

They are an assortment, but all varieties should be on sale. Of course when I bought mine with my expiring points they were all $10 or more each on amazon. DOH!
Ooo, wonder if the figures are the same size as the ones from the other K'nex sets. Got the ghost house set from Target for $18 and would be cool if they were similar.

Went today. Found steeldiver for $3.99 (the cashier told me it recently dropped another dollar), & a Flingsmash bundle for $12.49.
Lastly, I picked up a third party wii accessory 13-in-1 sports kit by Alphaline for $5 clearance marked if any one is interested in that kind of thing. I just wanted the wheel, but also liked the sword & bow. They look neat & the family loves it.

I also noticed all alphaline accessories were clearance marked (ranging from controllers, 3DS cases, screen protectors, accessory kits, & charging kits).

Ooo, wonder if the figures are the same size as the ones from the other K'nex sets. Got the ghost house set from Target for $18 and would be cool if they were similar.
My Kmart has the Ghost House for $27 after 50% off. A little lower I woulda bit on it. Will keep an eye on them.

Also, my Kmart did not have Mario Kart Knex on sale for $5. Even scanned them :(

Did see clearance stickers on:

Wii U
Tekken Tag 2-$14
Game and Wario-$17.99

3DS
Layton Miracle Mask-$24

Was also some 360 and PS3 with Clearance stickers I've not seen before. Worth keeping an eye on for further drops.

My Kmart also had Miracle Mask for $24, along with other games in a clearance table. Nothing cheap enough to buy on impulse though. Also saw Purr Pals 3ds for $1.99 and a lot of DS accessories on sale.

bread's done
Back