New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Thanks to Zangetsu I knew to check kmarts for PS3 deals. I'm traveling yesterday and today so I stopped at a Kmart, first one so far actually. I see a 320GB Need for Speed bundle tagged clearance $180. Cashier rings it up and shows $120, I talked the manager down to $100 in the end.

I'm debating on keeping it or not as I already have a launch PS3 and NfS, I'm just concerned that my BC phat model is going to die on me again as I already had to send it on to get fixed once already. I'm not a fan of this top loading model at all and wish it was a 2nd gen slim PS3 in the bundle.

Thanks to Zangetsu I knew to check kmarts for PS3 deals. I'm traveling yesterday and today so I stopped at a Kmart, first one so far actually. I see a 320GB Need for Speed bundle tagged clearance $180. Cashier rings it up and shows $120, I talked the manager down to $100 in the end.

I'm debating on keeping it or not as I already have a launch PS3 and NfS, I'm just concerned that my BC phat model is going to die on me again as I already had to send it on to get fixed once already. I'm not a fan of this top loading model at all and wish it was a 2nd gen slim PS3 in the bundle.
I have the top loading PS3 and I am quite pleased with it. My ps2 is also top load. This might just be a matter of preference, but I like to be able to change discs when it is off.

I have the top loading PS3 and I am quite pleased with it. My ps2 is also top load. This might just be a matter of preference, but I like to be able to change discs when it is off.
I don't own one though I've used it a bit as I bought it as a gift for someone last year (LoU holiday bundle). It feels super cheap and flimsy, not solid and polished like the original phat model.

Stopped by my Kmart this weekend to pick up a spare Wii U Pro Controller (for Mario Kart!) and they had them clearanced for $40 :D After the surprise points I ended up paying around $25. Probably YMMV but worth mentioning :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped by my Kmart this weekend to pick up a spare Wii U Pro Controller (for Mario Kart!) and they had them clearanced for $40 :D After the surprise points I ended up paying around $25. Probably YMMV but worth mentioning :)
FYI, they're $39.99 on amazon, and have been $40.99 online at kmart not too long ago because i almost grabbed one from there

BJ's has them on clearance for $25

Yeah, I don't like the super slim at all with the manual loading, so I got a 2nd gen slim, but it was really difficult to still find new in my area. But if I found a super slim for as cheap as $100, I would still keep it as a spare. I also have the original 60gb model, and I'm worried that whenever it breaks, Sony will send me whatever refurbished system they have available at the time (and I figure they will run out of the original phat models by then since I don't use mine a lot)

Went in to get Tomodachi Life, since it's unlisted online, and found Skyrim PS3 Legendary for $15, marked $35 on a table with a sign "$2-$20 games 83% off."  Mostly 360 and shovelware but there was ZombiU for $10, Professor Layton Azran (didn't scan already have a copy) Dungeon Hunter, HSG, and Rayman Origins for Vita, X-com Enemy Unknown, I guess mostly stuff that has been mentioned previously.

Just went to my local kmart they also had a table with up to 83% off (2-20 dollars per game)

Titles were resident evil mercenaries 3ds $10 (which i picked up), simcity pc $10, skyrim pc $3.99, fifa 12 wii $10, brain age 3ds $10, grand slam tennis 2 cant remember price, ulitmate street fighter 4  ps3 $15, i thinkk spec ops the line for xbox 360 $10, and a few more..theres like a total of 20 games on the table...a couple copies of each 1...

im looking for a blue wii u motion controller...they had it on sale for 34.99...haha i kinda want 1 around 20 bucks but i know thats prob bot possible..oh well i guess ill wait :p

I don't own one though I've used it a bit as I bought it as a gift for someone last year (LoU holiday bundle). It feels super cheap and flimsy, not solid and polished like the original phat model.
It's really not "flimsy", it feels as solid as any other PS3, although it's probably true you wouldn't want to stack things on top of it or drop the top loading model. That would pretty much be true regardless of the model of PS3.

Sure, the slot load is definitely better and more sophisticated. Yet there are positives to the top loader as well, as someone else said it is handy to be able to swap discs with the PS3 off. I also love how silent the super-slim is for Netflix and playing digital games. I do think it clearly seems to have more disc dive noise though compared to my old slim. So there are plusses and minuses to it.

Picked up a few things today:

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance PS3 $10

Doom 3 BFG Edition PS3 $10

Assassins Creed III Liberation Vita $10

Ringing the items up, the clerk asked if I needed anything else for $1.24.  I said no but thinking about it I realized I may have some surprise points, so I told them I was gonna grab some chips.  Adding them took $8.24 off the total; $7 in surprise points and $1.24 in SYW points.  So I walked out the door with the games and Chester's Hot Fries for $26.32 after a $1 donation to March of Dimes.  Not bad!

One thing I noticed after getting home is Metal Gear is not sealed, the wrapping is gone and the clearance sticker is on the front of the case and the magnet is on the back.  It was in the glass case so I never handled the game until I got home.  Game is still like new, just odd that they would remove the plastic wrap before placing the sticker.

There were a lot of drops to $10 this week.
Yeah we're back to actually needing to scan stuff which is nice. Picked up Fuse PS3 for $10 which was my price point since they didn't have anything else to spend my $10 of expiring points on and that was my price point. Oddly it scans as something entirely different but comes up $10 which is all that matters.

Also the clearance toys are 30% off the clearance price though there isn't much in the way of clearance toys right now.

Yea, I noticed at least 60 titles across all platforms that were marked between $5-15.  Nothing too amazing but i picked up:

PC - Sim City - $10

3ds - Layton Miracle Mask - $15 (stupidly passed on it when it was $12 @ TRU)

3ds - Mario Tennis Open - $15

360 - Ace Combat Assault Horizon - $5

360 - Army of Two Devil's Cartel Overkill Edition - $10

Wii - Rhythm Heaven Fever - $5

I stupidly passed two kmarts when I was in a city 40mi away. I thought that this deal would be completely YMMV and i'd find nothing.  I'm sure that I left behind a ton of things like the Skyrim legendary editions people are finding.

If anyone is anyone has an extra Game and Wario or one of the cheap classic controller Pro's at their Kmart they are willing to sell please shoot me a message. Been wanting to pick Game and Wario up for ~$15 new but not been able to get my hands on one :(

My store hasn't had these games in months or at all. I know my local one never had that metal gear game. I have $1,200 Sears and kmart credit and nothing to buy. I used to have "my secret sears" where I would get killer deals, but that closed a couple years ago. $19 gamecube consoles (i think maybe they were only $10), 97 cent games, etc. I have to drop $150 at one of those stores by the end of the month. :headache:

Cape Girardeau, MO store had a copy of Kirby collection for Wii about a month ago for $30. Went back recently and it was gone. Oh well.

Last trip a few weeks ago didn't have anything but some lousy Kinect games that were on "clearance."

I just went to my Kmart today. Unfortunately, all of their games are locked behind a glass door behind the counter, so it was a bit hard to browse. I didn't see anything of interest though.

Commerce K-Mart:

:360: Ace Combat Assault Horizon $5
:360: TDU2 Test Drive Unlimited $5
:360: NeverDead $10
:360: Forza Horizon $10
:360: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City $10

wish i knew about this clearance earlier, guy in my nearest kmart said it's been goin on for a few weeks..

so far i've picked up:

-Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (360) ($10)

-XCOM:  Enemy Unknown (360) ($10)

-Spec Ops: The Line (360) ($5!)

wish i knew about this clearance earlier, guy in my nearest kmart said it's been goin on for a few weeks..

so far i've picked up:

-Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (360) ($10)

-XCOM: Enemy Unknown (360) ($10)

-Spec Ops: The Line (360) ($5!)
Its only been 8 days and not a few weeks.

Both PS3 move controllers are out of system :D

i cant believe how much of this is at my local kmart, but the damn thing is closing and the prices are triple what you guys are paying, even after the 25% off.

Might try my luck at my local Kmart that's still open. One of them closed though. Ended up getting Killzone Mercenary for like $9 and COD: MW 3 for like $10. Not bad, then again. I did see COD: MW3 for $10 on sale in the Kmart ad.

i cant believe how much of this is at my local kmart, but the damn thing is closing and the prices are triple what you guys are paying, even after the 25% off.
It's because the liquidation company knocks everything up to full price than starts taking it down again.
I don't really understand if only a few stores are closing. Why not just ship products to other Kmarts that are still open?

It's because the liquidation company knocks everything up to full price than starts taking it down again.
This happens everywhere. There are videos on YouTube from when Circuit City was closing and some news reporters went in and did a segment and showed how much the prices went up and explained what they do.

Might try my luck at my local Kmart that's still open. One of them closed though. Ended up getting Killzone Mercenary for like $9 and COD: MW 3 for like $10. Not bad, then again. I did see COD: MW3 for $10 on sale in the Kmart ad.

I don't really understand if only a few stores are closing. Why not just ship products to other Kmarts that are still open?
Items may not be selling, Shipping costs, There are a multitude of reasons, as to why they would liquidate, vs. ship to another store.

Its only been 8 days and not a few weeks.

Both PS3 move controllers are out of system :D
oh, well this one kmart has a clearance table quite regularly, so maybe they've been doing it for a while. but yea, the second one i went to, the guy said it's only been going on a week.

added Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen ($10) and Halo: Anniversary ($10), two games that have been on my "to buy" list for a long time now.

oh, well this one kmart has a clearance table quite regularly, so maybe they've been doing it for a while. but yea, the second one i went to, the guy said it's only been going on a week.

added Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen ($10) and Halo: Anniversary ($10), two games that have been on my "to buy" list for a long time now.
Dragons Dogma is totally worth 10 bones. It is a lot of fun, almost a Dark Souls Lite *ready for hate responses*

Found some goodies:

ZombiU $10
Ninja Gaiden 3 Wii u $10
Tekken Wii u $10
Neverdead ps3 $5
Rhythm Heaven Wii $5
Metal gear revengeance $10
Max Payne ps3 $10
Freaky forms deluxe 3ds $5

bread's done
Back