New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

My store had a sign that read $5 back in points on select value games 14.99 & 19.99. It didn't detail which ones get the bonus points though.
This was a nice surprise for me. My store didnt have any kind of signage up, but I noticed on the receipt that they gave me an extra 5k points along with coupons for $10 back on $50 purchase & $10 back on $60 purchase.

I've already used a $20 back on $100 purchase, so im rolling in the points right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked the Long Beach K-Mart today, there's a lot of clearance items. There was a number of Wii and DS games on clearance but they weren't noteworthy.
Here's what they had:

:wii: Transformers Prime The Game $6.00
:ps3: Far Cry 3 $10
:ps3: Star Trek $10
:ps3: Dishonored $10
:ps3: NeverDead $10
:ps3: NHl 13 $10
:ps3: NCAA Football 13 $10
:ps3: NHL 12 $5
:ps3: Madden NFL 12 $5
:360: Dance Central 3 $10
:360: Just Dance 3 $15
:360: Golden Ax Beast Rider $24
:360: Fable The Journey $10
:360: Mass Effect 3 $10
:360: NeverDead $10
:360: Crackdown $6
:360: Dishonored $10
:360: Resident Evil 6 $10
:360: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City $10
:360: DmC Devil May Cry $10
:360: XCOM Enemy Unknown $10
:360: Metal Gear Rising $10
:3ds: Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D $10

Accessories:
:vita: 4GB Memory Card $8
:vita: 8GB Memory Card $18
:vita: AC Adaptor $5
:vita: In-Ear Headset $12
PS Move Motion Controller $4.99

I only got Transformers Prime and Metal Gear Rising.

Kmart on Grandview in Erie has a bunch of stuff that should be out of system.

A couple move kits with march tags, some nav controllers, and some other stuff

Edit: And some shovelware up front.
Wacko Jacko the experience PS3
Hannah Montana 360
Disney Sing It 360

Just read the last few pages and man am I stupid for not checking this thread sooner! I haven't been to a K-Mart in years so I completely forgot that they tend to have some great deals on clearance stuff. Going to try my luck tonight in hopes of finding good Vita stuff (games or memory cards). :whee:

Went to my KMart hoping of scoring a Wii U Pro Controller and saw one black one left in the case. Asked an associate to scan it but it came up at $44.99 instead of a clearance price. Had to walk out empty handed.

:360: Golden Ax Beast Rider $24 -- that was a good laugh...

Edit: 24$?!? That was the price K-mart was paying you right?

Edit: It came with a $100 bill taped right?

Edit: Buys the game, opens the case to find 2 sealed copies of Earthbound.

Edit: Buys game at sticker price, gives to doctor, cures cancer.

Edit: That game is s***.

Kmart employees are their own category of special.

Edit- Gone from mild irritation and bemusement to a whole new level of pissed off.

So I checked out the closest K-Mart that I'm willing to drive to in my area and it was a big tease! They had 4 8gb Vita memory cards in-stock so I was ready to pounce, but of course they still rang up $18.  :wall:

I did end up with Hot Shots Golf World International for Vita for $5 though. :)

Picked up a copy of Scribblenauts Unlimited (Wii U) today for $10.  The only other game I was considering was Uncharted Golden Abyss for $10 but I don't have a Vita atm so I left it for someone else. 

Story time everyone.

So I went in to use my $30 in points from MK8 and the $10 off $30 coupon.  Was hoping to find one of those Peach remotes but no dice and the two stores I went to.  Second store though had a multi-tool I had been looking at on sale for like $14 off so decided to get that.  Went and found some other stuff to buy (misprint RE Revelaitons and a swimsuit) so I could still use the coupon (making the other stuff free) and then it all went down hill from there.

Walk around for 10 minutes looking for someone because the multi-tool is in a locked display.  Find someone who calls the person who's supposed to be back there, another 10 minutes pass and they finally show up with no clue they were supposed to be helping me.  He leaves to get the keys and is gone about another 10 minutes before coming back to tell me the keys weren't where he thought so he has to go up to customer service to get them.

Now let's pause for a minute and consider that the place he thought the keys were is directly between where I was standing and customer service and probably about 2/3s of the way there.  So when I've already been waiting an extended period he took the time to walk 2/3s of the way back to me, all the way to the front of the store, and finally all the way back again.

Anyway, he's gone up front for about 15 minutes and comes back and tells me that he can't find the keys so he can't get it open.  I ask him if a manager would have the keys and he says that he asked the manager and they don't have any way to open it.  Basically he just shrugs at me in that disinterested I don't want to help you fashion.  So I walk away as I've gone from mildly irritated and bemused to absolutely irate and this moron and head up to customer service.  I ask to speak to a manager and explain to him what happened and that I'm really angry.

He apologizes, walks into the office ten feet away, gets the keys out of the safe, gets the item, rings me up and sends me on my way.  Less than 10 minutes time.  Further proof that the employee just had zero intention of helping me at all.  So awesome manager who did their job, and unsurprisingly crap employee who will be getting a nasty feedback survey.

Oh, forgot to mention that when I was in the store on Buffalo Rd in Erie last Thursday it smelled like someone died in the vent system.  That or they were using "roadkill on a hot summer day" as their air freshener that day.

K-Mart blows. I have seen some okay prices at the two locations in central MI, though.

Little Deviants (Vita): $5
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Vita): $10
Wii U Pro Controller: $30

Is there a point to owning a Pro Controller, though? I find the gamepad works just fine for everything I play.

K-Mart blows. I have seen some okay prices at the two locations in central MI, though.

Is there a point to owning a Pro Controller, though? I find the gamepad works just fine for everything I play.
The main advantage the Pro holds over the gamepad is battery life.

pro controller is good for games like ninka gaiden and bayonetta

I grabbed one for $10 when Best Buy had them on clearance and I have to admit I would have paid $30 for one. Its a great feeling controller (just as good/if not better than the GC) and the battery life is awesome (I think Nintendo says its 40 hours and I would say its somewhere close to that)

Until recently I had nothing but good experiences with Kmart in the last couple of years and loved SYWR. The last two or three weeks though is quickly undoing that.
Sounds like a typical experience to me. Every Kmart I've been to has a been a ghost town, but to be fair the stores are clean (that is, for a 50+ year old store that hasn't seen a re-model or expansion in it's entire history). But in terms of help it's usually just one cashier, someone working on one half of the store, one person on the other half then one person at the service desk and one at the food place. This is on a fucking Saturday to.

I'm going to have to check out my Kmart when things drop a bit more. Rather pay $5 and not $10 for a few of those titles.

My KMart had the Black Pro Controllers at $45 today still so I had to pass. If it was $30 I would have grabbed one for sure.

The pro controller is so worth it, it's lighter than the gamepad and has awesome battery life. I haven't had to charge mine since Xmas and it's only dropped one bar. It doesn't have parasitic battery drain like most other controllers do.

Nice... Picked up a PS3 Move navigation controller for 2.99 and a PS3 Move motion controller for 4.99. They had bunches of the games a few pages back, but there was nothing that grabbed me...

Are there any Move games that are actually worth a shit to play?

They did have a copy of original Xbox Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction for sale. No idea how much it was. Should've checked, but usually old shit like that has been missed by corporate and it'll be like $40...

Story time everyone.

So I went in to use my $30 in points from MK8 and the $10 off $30 coupon. Was hoping to find one of those Peach remotes but no dice and the two stores I went to. Second store though had a multi-tool I had been looking at on sale for like $14 off so decided to get that. Went and found some other stuff to buy (misprint RE Revelaitons and a swimsuit) so I could still use the coupon (making the other stuff free) and then it all went down hill from there.

Walk around for 10 minutes looking for someone because the multi-tool is in a locked display. Find someone who calls the person who's supposed to be back there, another 10 minutes pass and they finally show up with no clue they were supposed to be helping me. He leaves to get the keys and is gone about another 10 minutes before coming back to tell me the keys weren't where he thought so he has to go up to customer service to get them.

Now let's pause for a minute and consider that the place he thought the keys were is directly between where I was standing and customer service and probably about 2/3s of the way there. So when I've already been waiting an extended period he took the time to walk 2/3s of the way back to me, all the way to the front of the store, and finally all the way back again.

Anyway, he's gone up front for about 15 minutes and comes back and tells me that he can't find the keys so he can't get it open. I ask him if a manager would have the keys and he says that he asked the manager and they don't have any way to open it. Basically he just shrugs at me in that disinterested I don't want to help you fashion. So I walk away as I've gone from mildly irritated and bemused to absolutely irate and this moron and head up to customer service. I ask to speak to a manager and explain to him what happened and that I'm really angry.

He apologizes, walks into the office ten feet away, gets the keys out of the safe, gets the item, rings me up and sends me on my way. Less than 10 minutes time. Further proof that the employee just had zero intention of helping me at all. So awesome manager who did their job, and unsurprisingly crap employee who will be getting a nasty feedback survey.
I would not blame that employee. Most likely there was no one who was suppose to back there and somebody else was called there having no idea what you wanted, not much experience working in that section. The 10 minutes back and forth, I am sure he had other customers asking for help that saw him which he cant ignore. The nasty feedback survey will hurt the awesome manager that helped you a hell of a lot more then the employee who was trying to help you.

Are there any Move games that are actually worth playing?
There are several light gun style shooters for Move... House of the Dead series, Time Crisis, Deadstorm Pirates, Dead Space Extraction, etc. There's also the Just Dance series if you have a gf/wife/kids who enjoy flailing around to pop music.

I would not blame that employee. Most likely there was no one who was suppose to back there and somebody else was called there having no idea what you wanted, not much experience working in that section. The 10 minutes back and forth, I am sure he had other customers asking for help that saw him which he cant ignore. The nasty feedback survey will hurt the awesome manager that helped you a hell of a lot more then the employee who was trying to help you.
You're giving him way too much credit. He was the one in the section, his helping customers were flirting and talking to his friends, and he lied to my face.

Now I can see what the problem is, I can be somewhat biased considering I work there.
I get it, retail sucks and I imagine that somewhere like Kmart it's probably worse than most places. It was annoying to have to wait all that time but it was the lying to my face and total apathy when I'm standing there trying to buy something from their store that really chapped my ass.

Would anyone happen to have a snapshot of the 30$ price tag on the pro controller? Dude at my Kmart said he could pm if I showed him a picture. Would appreciate greatly :)

I get it, retail sucks and I imagine that somewhere like Kmart it's probably worse than most places. It was annoying to have to wait all that time but it was the lying to my face and total apathy when I'm standing there trying to buy something from their store that really chapped my ass.
Never do this as a retail employee (or in general), I will go out of my way to be a dick if you do.

[quote name="EldritchOnRye" post="11866649" timestamp="1403581909"]Story time everyone.

So I went in to use my $30 in points from MK8 and the $10 off $30 coupon. Was hoping to find one of those Peach remotes but no dice and the two stores I went to. Second store though had a multi-tool I had been looking at on sale for like $14 off so decided to get that. Went and found some other stuff to buy (misprint RE Revelaitons and a swimsuit) so I could still use the coupon (making the other stuff free) and then it all went down hill from there.

Walk around for 10 minutes looking for someone because the multi-tool is in a locked display. Find someone who calls the person who's supposed to be back there, another 10 minutes pass and they finally show up with no clue they were supposed to be helping me. He leaves to get the keys and is gone about another 10 minutes before coming back to tell me the keys weren't where he thought so he has to go up to customer service to get them.

Now let's pause for a minute and consider that the place he thought the keys were is directly between where I was standing and customer service and probably about 2/3s of the way there. So when I've already been waiting an extended period he took the time to walk 2/3s of the way back to me, all the way to the front of the store, and finally all the way back again.

Anyway, he's gone up front for about 15 minutes and comes back and tells me that he can't find the keys so he can't get it open. I ask him if a manager would have the keys and he says that he asked the manager and they don't have any way to open it. Basically he just shrugs at me in that disinterested I don't want to help you fashion. So I walk away as I've gone from mildly irritated and bemused to absolutely irate and this moron and head up to customer service. I ask to speak to a manager and explain to him what happened and that I'm really angry.

He apologizes, walks into the office ten feet away, gets the keys out of the safe, gets the item, rings me up and sends me on my way. Less than 10 minutes time. Further proof that the employee just had zero intention of helping me at all. So awesome manager who did their job, and unsurprisingly crap employee who will be getting a nasty feedback survey.[/quote]oh you poor little thing

Me get PS3 Neverdead for $5 (No UPC sticker.)

Also see Jakks Pacific 31" Giant Darth Vader figure for $15.50

Still can't find the Game and Wario at Kmart now. If anyone comes across one and is willing to pick an extra for me I'd gladly pay shipping and a few extra bucks. Thanks!

I checked the Long Beach K-Mart today, there's a lot of clearance items. There was a number of Wii and DS games on clearance but they weren't noteworthy.
Here's what they had:

:wii: Transformers Prime The Game $6.00
:ps3: Far Cry 3 $10
:ps3: Star Trek $10
:ps3: Dishonored $10
:ps3: NeverDead $10
:ps3: NHl 13 $10
:ps3: NCAA Football 13 $10
:ps3: NHL 12 $5
:ps3: Madden NFL 12 $5
:360: Dance Central 3 $10
:360: Just Dance 3 $15
:360: Golden Ax Beast Rider $24
:360: Fable The Journey $10
:360: Mass Effect 3 $10
:360: NeverDead $10
:360: Crackdown $6
:360: Dishonored $10
:360: Resident Evil 6 $10
:360: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City $10
:360: DmC Devil May Cry $10
:360: XCOM Enemy Unknown $10
:360: Metal Gear Rising $10
:3ds: Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D $10

Accessories:
:vita: 4GB Memory Card $8
:vita: 8GB Memory Card $18
:vita: AC Adaptor $5
:vita: In-Ear Headset $12
PS Move Motion Controller $4.99

I only got Transformers Prime and Metal Gear Rising.
Shockingly NHL 13 is a good price as GS sells it for $25 used currently.

That is also a great price on XCom, arguably the best game of 2012.

Heres The ENTIRE LIST! (thank me later) YMMV with stock in each store, but prices ARE nationwide (until July).

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24251]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24252]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24253]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24254]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24255]

bread's done
Back