New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='new1']Is it also not very compatible with a lot of games and such? Like pshome stuff and dc universe online? Im debating on picking one up...[/QUOTE]

That would be the exact reason I want one. Going to get a PS3 soon and plan on hitting DCU up. Since it's something I'm not going to use all the time, I kinda liked that it just clamps on and off the controller. For $50 new is really should of had a backlit keypad. The 360 chatpad is blacklit and that thing only costs $30. :\

[quote name='new1']Is it also not very compatible with a lot of games and such? Like pshome stuff and dc universe online? Im debating on picking one up...[/QUOTE]

I can't see why it would have any game compatibility issues. I haven't used it much yet.

The other issue I've had is that you must press X on a text entry box, you can't just type away. Your constantly moving your hands back and forth.

The chatpad is $25 routinely on Ebay with free shipping. I can't even comprehend driving around everywhere trying to save ~$13 or saving $5 by having a CAG buy and ship it.

[quote name='NeedMoreMoney']The chatpad is $25 routinely on Ebay with free shipping. I can't even comprehend driving around everywhere trying to save ~$13 or saving $5 by having a CAG buy and ship it.[/QUOTE]

How about making new friends? I've been here for near ten years. Recently a random CAG asked for help and I assisted no questions asked. That was months ago and we still chat to this day and help each other out.

[quote name='Romeo']IMO it isn't even worth $10. I too got it for $10 from the kmart clearance and I loathe it.

1) It cannot be used without a controller
2) There is no backlight so it's impossible to use without lights on
3) The touch sensitivity to scroll has a mind of it's own, it moves without you even touching it[/QUOTE]
If you have a USB port open if you're using a slim you could just use a $5 keyboard on one of those slots. That's what I did for a long time.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you have a USB port open if you're using a slim you could just use a $5 keyboard on one of those slots. That's what I did for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I've never really understood the appeal of paying $40 or $50 to fumble with tiny keys attached to your controller when you can just plug in a $5-10 usb keyboard and type more comfortably.

I'll have to take apart my old keyboard from my Compaq tomorrow and see if I can find if it takes a battery and try replacing that cuz I miss being able to type a paragraph long message in a minute.:lol:

My kmart had a "90% off last chance clearance" shelf set up today at the entrance to the electronics section. Things like the Singstar games (1 and 2 for ps3 plus Abba/Queen for ps2), Band Hero, DJ Hero (game, not bundle)... They were all tagged $3-4, so I was sort of psyched at the 90% off and the prospect of 30 and 40 cent games.

Unfortunately, when I had them price checked, they rang up at the tagged prices. So I guess the tagged prices were 90% off some imaginary retail price or something and they decided to emphasize it with confusing signage.

Core PSP - $97
Uncharted controller bundle - $44.99

When I saw that controller bundle.......:bouncy::D:whee::applause: ....... Scanned price........:cry::evil::baby::bomb:

I'll wait on those.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Picked up the GOW/Red Controller Bundle for $24. It was in the older bigger box. All the newer bundles in the smaller box were $45.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^Confirmed^^^^^So I have the guy holding the GOW Collection bundle for me which I will go back for shortly(Sears/Kmart sent me a coupon for 10000 bonus points on any $10 purchase with my Sears Shop Your Way Rewards Mastercard and I had to go home to get that). The 10000 points are worth 10 bucks so I will buy the bundle for $25, get $10 in store credit back, and trade one of my old DualShocks into GS for $33 credit there. I get a sealed copy of GOW Collections to boot-good deal! Thanks for the heads up on this! And before anybody asks, no, just having a Shop Your Way Rewards Card won't yield one of these coupons, I don't think. It came with my Sears Mastercard credit card bill and you have to use the credit card for the purchase. What's amazing is you only have to make a 10 dollar purchase to get 10 in credit back-no wonder Kmart and Sears are struggling!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Core PSP - $97
Uncharted controller bundle - $44.99

When I saw that controller bundle.......:bouncy::D:whee::applause: ....... Scanned price........:cry::evil::baby::bomb:

I'll wait on those.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had found 3 different bundles with a controller. My emotions were the same as you lol. I wanted that Uncharted one bad too...just not for $45.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='inky1600']^^^^^Confirmed^^^^^So I have the guy holding the GOW Collection bundle for me which I will go back for shortly(Sears/Kmart sent me a coupon for 10000 bonus points on any $10 purchase with my Sears Shop Your Way Rewards Mastercard and I had to go home to get that). The 10000 points are worth 10 bucks so I will buy the bundle for $25, get $10 in store credit back, and trade one of my old DualShocks into GS for $33 credit there. I get a sealed copy of GOW Collections to boot-good deal! Thanks for the heads up on this! And before anybody asks, no, just having a Shop Your Way Rewards Card won't yield one of these coupons, I don't think. It came with my Sears Mastercard credit card bill and you have to use the credit card for the purchase. What's amazing is you only have to make a 10 dollar purchase to get 10 in credit back-no wonder Kmart and Sears are struggling![/QUOTE]
Back when I got the Sony Card from Capital One a while ago they were offering $100 in their points with your first purchase. So I grabbed an AC/DC Track Pack for PS3 from Kmart for $5 and managed to get copies of LBP2 and 1-2 other games sent to me for spending $5.:D

At one point though, I think they were giving away $300 in points with a first purchase. The last time I checked though it's down to a $50 PSN card now.:roll:

Although that's nothing compared to the one promo from Southwest Airlines, where I think they were offering either two round trip tix or $500 in Amazon credit with your first purchase. But it was with a card with an annual fee of $50-100 or so.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Back when I got the Sony Card from Capital One a while ago they were offering $100 in their points with your first purchase. So I grabbed an AC/DC Track Pack for PS3 from Kmart for $5 and managed to get copies of LBP2 and 1-2 other games sent to me for spending $5.:D

At one point though, I think they were giving away $300 in points with a first purchase. The last time I checked though it's down to a $50 PSN card now.:roll:

Although that's nothing compared to the one promo from Southwest Airlines, where I think they were offering either two round trip tix or $500 in Amazon credit with your first purchase. But it was with a card with an annual fee of $50-100 or so.[/QUOTE]

When I signed up for SONYcard it was 2000 points ($20)...But that was 12 years ago. ;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Back when I got the Sony Card from Capital One a while ago they were offering $100 in their points with your first purchase. So I grabbed an AC/DC Track Pack for PS3 from Kmart for $5 and managed to get copies of LBP2 and 1-2 other games sent to me for spending $5.:D

Although that's nothing compared to the one promo from Southwest Airlines, where I think they were offering either two round trip tix or $500 in Amazon credit with your first purchase. But it was with a card with an annual fee of $50-100 or so.[/QUOTE]

fuck! I just booked round trip tickets from Southwest a couple weeks ago. That would've been worthwhile even with the annual fee. Oh well, can't win them all. Anyway, just got back from Kmart and all worked according to plan. It show the 11000 some odd points on my receipt. They also had the 5 dollar gift card on a $50 purchase promo but I could not find anything worth getting to reach that level. In the game clearance, all crap. The only thing worthwhile I thought were those XBox Live 12 month Gold boxes on clearance for $37.50 each but I don't have an XBox.

[quote name='inky1600']fuck! I just booked round trip tickets from Southwest a couple weeks ago. That would've been worthwhile even with the annual fee. Oh well, can't win them all. Anyway, just got back from Kmart and all worked according to plan. It show the 11000 some odd points on my receipt. They also had the 5 dollar gift card on a $50 purchase promo but I could not find anything worth getting to reach that level. In the game clearance, all crap. The only thing worthwhile I thought were those XBox Live 12 month Gold boxes on clearance for $37.50 each but I don't have an XBox.[/QUOTE]

dude, this is IATCG we're talking about. That southwest promotion was probably back in 1998. He has a time machine, you know.

I went to todays WWE SmackDown taping in Indianapolis today and I stopped by the Kmart in Brownsburg. I found a couple PS3 chatpads on clearance for $20 but actually rang up $10 at the register. Snagged one and putting it back for my soon DCU spree. :p

Don't know why I got 1 of those $10 chatpads when I like my wireless, full size keyboard.

Found more of those controller bundles. Resistance, Uncharted, and GOW Origins. $45.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how exactly does Kmart's clearance work? When I read that people were finding the Xbox 12-month starter kits on clearance, I ran to my local store yesterday to check it out. They had several of them, but an employee scanned one and they still ring up regular price at $74.99.

I know their pricing is all out of whack from store to store, but I figured at least clearance items would enter the cycle across the board.

They also had Halo Reach Limited Edition for I think $39.99, and the Reach Legendary Edition for $59.99/$69.99 (can't remember exactly).

slightly off topic -- can someone update me (by pm if necessary) on what happened to josh and how he's doing? i missed the whole end section of the coupons... all i know is that i used to buy a new game every week or so and now i haven't bought any for a very long time since no other competitor comes close. i'm back to waiting for them all to hit $15, which sucks compared to getting them on release.

Just checked my local K-Mart to see what's up. Snagged a Little Big Planet and Dual Shock 3 bundle for $10. Was still marked $48 but rang up $10.

God of War Collection (not Origins) price checked $48. God of War Origins bundle price checked $49, marked $59 or so.

They had a few CE around. Halo Legend (I think), a humongous Halo Reach marked $89, Infamous marked $59 (I think) and others. I should have taken some pictures as there was a number of CE still there.

Anyone nearby that would be the Mattydale, NY K-Mart.

Found one Resistance dual-pack + DualShock 3 bundle at my local K-Mart reduced to $45. I know that's higher the breaking points of most people here, but I went for it anyway; this is the first time I've seen a bundle locally for < $60 in a year or two, and I was already prepared to buy a DualShock 3 on Amazon for ~$40 in the next month anyway, so I wasn't going to risk it. :p My local K-Mart seems to lag behind in the gaming deals anyway, judging by the posts on this thread.

I already have Resistance 1 & 2, so I'm going to try to sell them on Craigslist. If anyone here wants to buy them (or trade for them) instead, PM me and we can work something out. I'd prefer to sell on CL because of shipping charges obviously, but if nobody bites there, I'd be willing to bite the bullet and handle shipping charges myself here to get it into the hands of a CAG for a bit less than Amazon would charge.

Picked up Final Fantasy 012 Dissisida for psp for $2.97.
Saw ps3 wireless bluetooth digital camo headset for $20 other than that same stuff as everyone else.

Went down to my local kmart... Was shocked to see they had restocked some 3.49 games... Only to have my hopes dashed when they all scanned up 19.99.... Also found a huge box of clearance games but they also were ringing up 19.99 :( Sad day...

Went game hunting in 5 K-Marts recently. One had games like Band Hero and Singstar for $1.00. They also had God of War Greatest Hits & Red Controller pack marked...$59.99! Scanned it expecting $24, and it was $59.99 :( Another K-Mart had the same kind of games for $2.99. The other three had the same games for $5.00. Games at all five stores rang up check shelf label. Nice to see uniform pricing at K-Mart.

Recently went to Kmart and saw that the World of Warcraft time cards have been reduced to $18. These are the 60-day time cards and I know those usually go for around $30. So for those WoW junkies out there, you might wanna see if your local k-mart still has the boxed time cards.

Lowest sticker prices I saw were $6, I recall someone on here saying something about them not going any lower than $6 if they're priced at $6 or something about being closed out of Kmart's system?

Best stuff I saw, based on sticker prices, did not scan any:
- Buzz Robo Jam with 4 buzzies $6
- ps3 chatpad $20
- ps3 remote $10 old version
- PS Move LBP2 SE Bundle no sticker
- Goldeneye 007 LE Wii $50
- Cod MW3 Wireless Controller 360 $45
- EA Active More Workouts i think it was for Wii not sure $4
- Epic Mickey CE $40
- LBP GOTY Plush Bundle $30

Picked up the following:

Gradius Collection (PSP) X 2 - $4.99 each
Exit (PSP) - $6
Sonic Unleashed (PS3) - $6
Socom FireTeam Bravo 2 (PSP) - $6

My 3 K-Marts are more of a video game ghost town than normal. Single copies of AC: Brotherhood CE for $60, Halo Reach CE $60, and dozen or so games left in the $5 dollar bin (Hannah Montana, DJ Hero, Guitar Hero 2)

They don't even appear to be getting in new releases, (Spec Ops, Spider-Man, etc).

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']i found a Star Wars the old republic collectors edition for $30[/QUOTE]
Me too. But for $149.99... WTH!

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']i found a Star Wars the old republic collectors edition for $30[/QUOTE]

Nice. Got mine for $50 awhile back at Target.

I saw Sony 3D glasses for $52...originally $69.99. I think I'll wait until they hit $40 or less. They have been there forever. 3D is not a priority in that part of town. Also saw a PS3 Eye for $16, but have seen it for $8 at other K-Marts.

Picked up a bunch of psp games and a few umd movies. Nothing was more than $6. Titles included hot shots golf 1 & 2, dissidia, ratchet & clank size matters, Atv off road, space invaders extreme, star ocean, online chess kingdoms, dark mirror, burnout legends, pursuit force extreme justice 2, Constantine, dukes of hazard, and pq2.

I saw the Epic Micky paintbrush nunchuck tagged 4.00

Anyone know if the Skyward Sword bundle is on clearance yet? I saw one at my store but it was locked up and no employees in sight.

Lowest sticker prices I saw were $6, I recall someone on here saying something about them not going any lower than $6 if they're priced at $6 or something about being closed out of Kmart's system?

That must be YMMV, J7. I bought Singularity(PS3) at KMart at the last clearance sale. It was stickered 4 bucks and came up 2.99 at the register and they sold it to me as normal.

Few things I saw at my Kmart:

Halo: Reach - $24.99
Vanquish (360) - $14.99
PS3 Dualshock Controller w/ Resistance Dual Pack - $44.99

I stopped in my local kmart looking for something else and decided to check out the game clearance section. the only thing i noticed was dragon age origins on 360 for $1.99. Awakening was 9.99. Rage Anarchy Edition for $20. Some other $15 and $10 games that were of no real interest

Found a PlayStation Eye there for $8 and the official Sony PlayStation BT Headset there for $20.

They also had a few blank VHS tapes on sale. :rofl:

[quote name='Tsel']Lol my store actually still has two Fable III Collector's Editions.[/QUOTE]
Mine has one as well, along with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Star Wars: The Old Republic (x2), Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Fallout: New Vegas, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and a few others, I think. All of them way too overpriced as checked by a price scanner.

[quote name='Burning Karma']Mine has one as well, along with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Star Wars: The Old Republic (x2), Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Fallout: New Vegas, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and a few others, I think. All of them way too overpriced as checked by a price scanner.[/QUOTE]

Curious, how much was that new vegas CE? lol

bread's done
Back