New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='jooanyenna']I just dropped by a local Kmart on my way to GS to pick up some games to flip at BB.
I spotted Resistance dual pack PS3 controller bundle for $36 so I felt lucky and decided to pick it up.
CSR was too busy with another customer to help me out, so I was just looking inside of glass showcase to see anything worthy of my attention.
And I couldn't believe what I was seeing!
There were 4 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition, all brand new perfect condition!
I have been trying to get one for so long but it is sold for $100-$150 on eBay.
I was a little disappointed that the game was still $49.99(yes, I am very cheap), but decided to buy all four of them.
I will open one of them to play, keep the second one sealed, and sell the last two on eBay.
I haven't had a good haul like this in a long time.[/QUOTE]

I guess kmart raised the price up. I remembering picking the last two for $39.99 each last year.

damn i'm dumb for not picking a bunch of them at walmart when they were on clearance for $10 each.

[quote name='Tax']Just picked up the $12 God of War controller pack.[/QUOTE]

1. Wut?
2. Where?
3. there are 2 controller pack. What game was with it - Collections? Origins collections?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Origins Collection is $45; it's the God of War I and II collection with a red controller. It's not in the smaller blue box, but in the bigger white and red box.

I'm visiting in Orange Park, FL. Both K-Marts had a decent amount of combo packs. The $12 pack was marked at $59.99 but rang up otherwise.

went to K-mart today and only seen 2 copies of Fable 2 Collectors edition for $48.99.I didn't even know they had a collectors edition for fable 2 but I bought one just to keep for myself.

I have spotted a few LBP GOTY Ed. + sackboy bundle for $20 at a local K-mart.
Is it something to have more value in the future? (I already have the game.)

[quote name='jooanyenna']I have spotted a few LBP GOTY Ed. + sackboy bundle for $20 at a local K-mart.
Is it something to have more value in the future? (I already have the game.)[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna say no, since the Sackboy plushes are available at a lot of places and the game is a greatest hits title that's readily available.

Maybe to a collector someday a sealed one might be worth something, but most collectors also don't want the 'ugly' greatest hits red case and I think many of these special pack bundles have those in them.

Sorry to be a pain (I'm also googling) but does anyone have UPC's for these combo packs.

Thanks. I'll post if I find them.

EDIT: I think this is resistance: 711719983385

Here's the God Of War Origins/Dual Shock 3 bundle UPC from reviews.bestbuy.com:

Speaking of BB, you may wanna check there for some of these bundles, since BB tends to clearance them out after a while as well.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Yeah they must have brought out the gears xbox out of the back room though because about 3weeks or so ago it was not there, also only Kmart I've been to with the star wars 360s at 300 left in stock

never was that good at crane games, so i would not have noticed it missing

Did you see the ammunition just sitting on those carts near the front? What's with that? are they not stocking it anymore?[/QUOTE]

I assumed they're getting rid of it, but I don't tend to check out the sporting goods section to know. I still remember when K-Marts quit carrying guns ages ago as they sold all the stuff in Burnham to a gun store down the road. They used to do hunting license renewals in store, so I'm guessing that's why the ammo lasted as long as they did.

The markdown on the ammo stunk, btw. Buying bulk at Cabella's or Gander Mountain would be cheaper.

I used to check out the sporting goods section ages ago as when fishing season ended they'd mark down the bait and stuff at insane markdowns... like $5 stuff would be 50 cents. Then it got to the point that the same $5 stuff would stop at like $3.50 and sit until early spring.

Picked up some cheap Singstar & GH games yesterday for $2 a pop.
Singstar Legends was out of the system but he gave it to me for $2 since all the rest were ringing that much.
Got:
Singstar Country PS2 Game only
Singstar Volume 2 PS3 game only
GH II 360 Game only
GH Smash Hits PS2
GH World Tour PS2

Saw Stoked Big Air 360 for $4.97 & Harvest Moon Tree Of Tranquility for $19.99 Seems like it may be becoming rare??

So I've largely ignored this thread because Kmart's always been too far out of the way for me to justify visiting, but I moved somewhat recently (... four months ago) and there's a store about a mile away from me. The impression that I get is that there can be awesome deals but it's unlikely that they'll be marked correctly on the product, and I'd have to nag the piss out of an employee to find out the real price of something. Yes, no?

:ps3: DeBlob 2 $4.97

[quote name='MissRiot0721']Let me know if it's still available I really need a PS3 controller.[/QUOTE]

Pardon the....ummmm....slight delay:lol:. I checked when I said I would and they were GOW Origins-$45, Uncharted-$45, Resistance-$36 for all of the controller bundles.

Checked tonight, the only 1 left was Resistance @$36/scanned price.

[quote name='pyoobez']I assumed they're getting rid of it, but I don't tend to check out the sporting goods section to know. I still remember when K-Marts quit carrying guns ages ago as they sold all the stuff in Burnham to a gun store down the road. They used to do hunting license renewals in store, so I'm guessing that's why the ammo lasted as long as they did.

The markdown on the ammo stunk, btw. Buying bulk at Cabella's or Gander Mountain would be cheaper.

I used to check out the sporting goods section ages ago as when fishing season ended they'd mark down the bait and stuff at insane markdowns... like $5 stuff would be 50 cents. Then it got to the point that the same $5 stuff would stop at like $3.50 and sit until early spring.[/QUOTE]

I fish, haven't had time this year, didn't even get a licence! not that i'm any good >.> just thought it really odd that someone could run in grab ammo boxes and dart back out the doors in less than a minute.

went to Berwick Kmart today. Picked up De blob 2 :ps3: and centipede infestation :3ds: for 5 each which is their value at best buy before the 100% bonus

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']:ps3: DeBlob 2 $4.97

Pardon the....ummmm....slight delay:lol:. I checked when I said I would and they were GOW Origins-$45, Uncharted-$45, Resistance-$36 for all of the controller bundles.

Checked tonight, the only 1 left was Resistance @$36/scanned price.[/QUOTE]

welcome back, from you hiatus

[quote name='shiningslade']Picked up some cheap Singstar & GH games yesterday for $2 a pop.
Singstar Legends was out of the system but he gave it to me for $2 since all the rest were ringing that much.
Got:
Singstar Country PS2 Game only
Singstar Volume 2 PS3 game only
GH II 360 Game only
GH Smash Hits PS2
GH World Tour PS2

Saw Stoked Big Air 360 for $4.97 & Harvest Moon Tree Of Tranquility for $19.99 Seems like it may be becoming rare??[/QUOTE]
Mt. Pocono?;) That's the only Kmart I remember seeing with Singstar Country for PS2 around here still. Although they did have a bundle or two of Singstar Country for $5 the last time I was there a couple of months ago.

Anyway, I checked my local Kmart tonight and was annoyed as usual. I found one lone PS3 chatpad, which may have been the one that was crammed into the case last month, which were pretty empty btw. The package was partially ripped open and taped shut. That was ringing up Check Shelf Label.:roll: So 75% off is the magic number that stuff like that drops out of the system at anymore around here. Just fuckin' great.

I also noticed a few copies of the original DJ Hero for PS3 which were doing the same thing and scanned some other games with lower price tags which were ringing up HIGHER than marked.:lol:

The 2-3 PS3 EYE's that were there last month were MIA(coming up check shelf last month already anyway:roll:) and the $20 and under dump bin by the front of electronics looks like a tornado went through the fuckin' thing.

Nothing else decent that I noticed. Going to Kmart used to be a monthly trek for me as I would always be guaranteed to find stuff for insane prices. Just like Blockbuster Videos' formerly awesome sales that have gone away, I think I can say it's time to stick a fork in Kmart clearance cuz it's done...for me anyway.

By the way, I noticed DSi XL's(burgundy and some other reddish color) were marked $104 on clearance and the Halo Reach Legendary editions were down to $60 something if you can find them.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']:ps3: DeBlob 2 $4.97

Checked tonight, the only 1 left was Resistance @$36/scanned price.[/QUOTE]

Picked up both De Blob 2 and the Resistance Controller Bundle for the prices above. Also, saw the other bundles but got those during the Target clearance.

I saw :ps3: Yakuza 4 for $14.97 and :ps3: Vanquish for $9.97 but passed on both.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Mt. Pocono?;) -SNIP-and the $20 and under dump bin by the front of electronics looks like a tornado went through the fuckin' thing.
-SNIP-[/QUOTE]

This reminds the cheap games bin at berwick was empty except for a lone DVD >.>

[quote name='nixmahn']1. Wut?
2. Where?
3. there are 2 controller pack. What game was with it - Collections? Origins collections?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I found 2 of the $12 packs as well. It was a red controller with the god of war 1 +2 collection.

Yeah, my Kmart is a barren wasteland too. They have a :ps3: Killzone 3 Helghast bundle (the huge one) for $50, a :wii: Rock Band 3 Keyboard bundle for $30 and :360: You Don't Know Jack for $10 (marked $20).

Theres two Kmarts I usually go in one thats ghetto as hell and the other that they try to keep it going.. well went in both during the week and both damn places have completely gutted gaming departments.,

I dont understand it, almost looks as though the gaming department is being downsized because the cases were cleaned and organized but there was hardly anything....

The one sears I used to go to gutted the gaming department down to a few items and now it seems like Kmart is doing it... :( sad days

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Mt. Pocono?;) That's the only Kmart I remember seeing with Singstar Country for PS2 around here still. Although they did have a bundle or two of Singstar Country for $5 the last time I was there a couple of months ago.

Anyway, I checked my local Kmart tonight and was annoyed as usual. I found one lone PS3 chatpad, which may have been the one that was crammed into the case last month, which were pretty empty btw. The package was partially ripped open and taped shut. That was ringing up Check Shelf Label.:roll: So 75% off is the magic number that stuff like that drops out of the system at anymore around here. Just fuckin' great.

I also noticed a few copies of the original DJ Hero for PS3 which were doing the same thing and scanned some other games with lower price tags which were ringing up HIGHER than marked.:lol:

The 2-3 PS3 EYE's that were there last month were MIA(coming up check shelf last month already anyway:roll:) and the $20 and under dump bin by the front of electronics looks like a tornado went through the fuckin' thing.

Nothing else decent that I noticed. Going to Kmart used to be a monthly trek for me as I would always be guaranteed to find stuff for insane prices. Just like Blockbuster Videos' formerly awesome sales that have gone away, I think I can say it's time to stick a fork in Kmart clearance cuz it's done...for me anyway.[/QUOTE]
Nope, Wayne NJ ;) I was at the Mt. Pocono one a couple months back myself. Not much there now. My local Kmart used to be awesome for good deals back when I ran the Kmart clearance thread but now there is nothing there anymore :cry: which is why I go all over creation & invade Kmart's out of town!:twisted:

[quote name='shiningslade']Nope, Wayne NJ ;) I was at the Mt. Pocono one a couple months back myself. Not much there now. My local Kmart used to be awesome for good deals back when I ran the Kmart clearance thread but now there is nothing there anymore :cry: which is why I go all over creation & invade Kmart's out of town!:twisted:[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I know you invade all over now cuz I saw ya at the Wilkes-Barre Sears that one day months ago.:booty: I miss being able to go all over due to going outta town for work, but it's better for my wallet that I stick closer to home.:whistle2:#

What's up with the ps3 remote control? did it ever drop in price significantly? last week when i had it scanned, it actually rang up for $30-ish even though it was labeled clearance and had a $20 sticker on it. I didn't bother to argue about the price because I want it for $10 at the most. So did it ever drop like the chatpad did?

While I'm posting, I may as well ask about something else. Did anyone scan Star Wars Old Republic Collector's Edition recently to see if it dropped below the $25 or $30 it was earlier? Just curious.

The remotes went out of the system around here before they could reach beyond the $15 price if I remember correctly. The cameras for PS3 went to $10 and dropped out and the chatpads went down to $10 as well and left the system.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The remotes went out of the system around here before they could reach beyond the $15 price if I remember correctly. The cameras for PS3 went to $10 and dropped out and the chatpads went down to $10 as well and left the system.[/QUOTE]
When an item goes out of the system but is accidentally left on the shelf can you get it for free or extremely cheap? Or do they just refuse to sell it altogether? I assume the latter.

[quote name='PublikDefender']When an item goes out of the system but is accidentally left on the shelf can you get it for free or extremely cheap? Or do they just refuse to sell it altogether?[/QUOTE]
Back in 2005 or 2006, if something came up Check Shelf Label/Price, they normally were able to look it up in their RMU pricing gun and see the last price in the system. Of course, back then stuff went to the full 90% off, so you'd frequently get games for $2-5.

But now supposedly once it drops out of system it shows up as MSRP in their pricing guns. So after it's gone, you are SOL.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Back in 2005 or 2006, if something came up Check Shelf Label/Price, they normally were able to look it up in their RMU pricing gun and see the last price in the system. Of course, back then stuff went to the full 90% off, so you'd frequently get games for $2-5.

But now supposedly once it drops out of system it shows up as MSRP in their pricing guns. So after it's gone, you are SOL.[/QUOTE]
oh, thanks for the info

You're welcome. That's why I was a bit disheartened when I noticed the remotes, PS EYE's and chatpads coming up out of the system. It sucks, but there's nothing you can do anymore due to the YMMV nature of Kmart(and Sears) clearance anymore.:whistle2:#

[quote name='shiningslade']Saw Stoked Big Air 360 for $4.97 & Harvest Moon Tree Of Tranquility for $19.99 Seems like it may be becoming rare??[/QUOTE]

Stoked Big Air is a fairly decent buy for $5. If you can get used to the somewhat odd controls/gameplay of it, it's pretty fun and not too hard to grab 1000/1000. Well if the servers are still up and you can happen to find people online for one or two of them. I played it last fall/winter on my dying 360 and managed to grab all the chivos. Also, it's a game you almost need the manual for. It has a "bible" list of how to do all the moves which is insanely useful to start and even fairly useful later on as I don't think I ever did remember all the moves.

Didn't see it mentioned, but I went to my k-mart today and found Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds clearanced for $9.97 (Ps3). The little big planet Goty/plush was down to $14.97, but I passed since I was getting the Resistance controller bundle already (still $36.)

ps3monitor.jpg

rb3kb.jpg

[quote name='PimpBot2000']
ps3monitor.jpg

rb3kb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

been waiting for the ps3 3d display to hit $150, but I need gamestop to do it because I have credit there!

funny i randomly had a dream last night that i bought the ps3 3d display at $150... but then it went down to $100.... but i was happy with the purchase. i'll have to see if there is one locally.

[quote name='PimpBot2000']
ps3monitor.jpg

rb3kb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I hope that's universal, I'll have to check my local one. I decided not to grab one at $200 but $150 might break me.

what part of the country or what state did you see the 3D display bundle? I have been clearance trolling a bunch of kmarts in MA and NH and I don't think I've seen the display bundle at any of the Kmarts around here.

bread's done
Back