New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know what's funny is that I left behind a :wii:Rock Band 3 keyboard bundle in the Poconos the other day.:whistle2:# Moreover, I think either DC or Moosic has one of those XBL packs in one of the locked cases.[/QUOTE]

That's where I found it. Only one and it was already opened. I inspected it and everything was still sealed inside.

Thank you for the heads up in PM. We saw those HDs tonight but didn't scan them. The kid in electronics had a short attitude and rushed us even at 9:55pm. She's going back tomorrow because she only has a 20GB HD and needs an upgrade ASAP. Just wish we knew sooner, would save a trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're quite welcome. I was there around 6pm or so, after getting done having dinner at that diner they opened in the former Ponderosa out in the front part of the plaza.

Hopefully you checked the main case(they had a copy of that new Forza game out in Moosic in the 360 case), the big bin by the electronics desk(as well as the side shelves on that big bin) and those other locked cases and the $19.99 and under shelves as there's at least those four sections of games in that store.

Not to mention some of the cheaper games are hidden behind some of the other value games, such as the GH versions(complete with red cases) of the original God Of War Collection, which were hiding behind the copies of Fear 3.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You're quite welcome. I was there around 6pm or so, after getting done having dinner at that diner they opened in the former Ponderosa out in the front part of the plaza.

Hopefully you checked the main case(they had a copy of that new Forza game out in Moosic in the 360 case), the big bin by the electronics desk and both that other case and the $19.99 and under shelves as there's at least those four sections of games in that store.[/QUOTE]

I checked at multiple stores. Forza Horizon has always rung up do not sell. The member who said he bought it fibbed.

I did look at all of the scattered game bins too.

photo4-1.jpg

As I mentioned, I grabbed it for $3.72. No physical receipt as I did the eReceipt option. I checked the email and noticed that for whatever reason, it rang up under a different sku and name all together which is why I was able to purchase it and why it rang up on clearance. It would appear an isolated incident based on what others have reported but strangely enough I did find it in the clearance bin.

[quote name='coopscohen']
photo4-1.jpg

As I mentioned, I grabbed it for $3.72. No physical receipt as I did the eReceipt option. I checked the email and noticed that for whatever reason, it rang up under a different sku and name all together which is why I was able to purchase it and why it rang up on clearance. It would appear an isolated incident based on what others have reported but strangely enough I did find it in the clearance bin.[/QUOTE]
Damn! I didn't think you were lying, since there are other games to lie about, but man that's a crazy deal. Good for you. Did you look for more in the store?

[quote name='Fukurou']Damn! I didn't think you were lying, since there are other games to lie about, but man that's a crazy deal. Good for you. Did you look for more in the store?[/QUOTE]

That was the only one I saw. I went back into the store to double check if they had more after I grabbed mine and they didn't.

Im goin to my kmart at penn station tommorow and scan more games as there were plenty that i didnt Check. Ill grab a dragon age 2 for 360 while im at it as they had alot of copys there

[quote name='coopscohen']That was the only one I saw. I went back into the store to double check if they had more after I grabbed mine and they didn't.[/QUOTE]

Dang, I had my doubts too, but congrats for getting the deal of the century. I'm still trying to find Forza 4 for a good price...

Found it at the store here last night and when I had them price check it, it came up with a warning that it was before the sell by date.

I'm guessing that the $3.72 thing was a cashier that didn't notice and somehow scanned another game.

Maybe someone put a different upc over the original?

I had purchased Muramasa for $3.75 (before tax) next time i was there they rang up as Wii game $15

Got Fear 3, Vanquished, and Squeeballs for $8 each. Got the Resistance 1/2 and controller bundle for $28. Got De Blob 2 for $3.72. Thinking about finding another Kmart in the area...this is awesome!

I picked up LBP2 Move Bundle for 18.xx at a Kmart I don't usually go to. (Homewood, IL).

It was marked at 78 dollars, and the employee told me I was lucky it was still there, since there is a guy who looks on the internet for new prices and buys up all of the clearance stuff to sell online.

LOL, I wonder if it is someone from CAG.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Im goin to my kmart at penn station tommorow and scan more games as there were plenty that i didnt Check. Ill grab a dragon age 2 for 360 while im at it as they had alot of copys there[/QUOTE]
Let me know if you see anything good there!

NOT so $49 PlayStation 3D Display story:
I am a fuckckinggggg zombie, right now. You ever can't sleep, rest, eat, or think until you get something you're after? Well, that's me when I'm on a mission.

The other day, this older woman in the electronics mentioned she sold the last of their PlayStation 3D displays for $49. This woman will SHOCK you with her knowledge of that section of the store. She's the lunchroom lady type and says hello, may I help you in an evil-nice type of way. I've dealt with her more than once and she seems like the kind who can spot an eyelash in tar. Just let me tell you, this woman knows her stuff. Plus, it's OBVIOUS some Kmart prices are YMMV(Yakuza 4 and DSIII scanned at $11.22 and $14.99....I forget which had what price.....LBP2 Move bundle scanned @ $37.xx).

So, anywho, I call back that night and a cashier tells the display was $112.xx when they had it.

I drive wayyyyyyy across town to the last f'in store on the planet that has 1(sarcasm, but it was far!)for $112.49 and bring it back to the $49 store and the manager shows me a screen that says $149. I freaking forgot I had a UPC code printed, let alone the box I could've scanned myself! The store with the woman who claimed $49 is the 1 that had 3 different prices in 1 store!!!!! I don't know. That little old lady be on it and she knows where things are in the store! But, maybe she was off on that one.

Well, if I don't get an ADDITIONAL 25% off of this clearance price of $112.49, it's, more than likely, going back!

Ok. Sleepy time.:drool:

I'm pretty sure there is an employee at my Kmart that just swipes everything as soon as they go on clearance. I never find anything there at all. T___T

[quote name='Squarehard']I'm pretty sure there is an employee at my Kmart that just swipes everything as soon as they go on clearance. I never find anything there at all. T___T[/QUOTE]

I know for a fact there is an employee like that at my store. I see him at the thrift stores looking for video games.

[quote name='slowdive21']I know for a fact there is an employee like that at my store. I see him at the thrift stores looking for video games.[/QUOTE]

Somehow I can totally see the employee at my store who probably does the exact same thing since everyone at that store is poor white trash.

Hi guys I wanna start lookin around for good deals and wanna know is the clearance price on the game or do I have to scan each one separately and how do I know which game has a clearance on it because I don't wanna have to give the cashier checking over 50 games price checking lmao.

[quote name='damian1201']Hi guys I wanna start lookin around for good deals and wanna know is the clearance price on the game or do I have to scan each one separately and how do I know which game has a clearance on it because I don't wanna have to give the cashier checking over 50 games price checking lmao.[/QUOTE]

In most cases they will have some form of clearance pricing on the games (usually a yellow sticker) But you cant always rely on the electronics people to catch all the games on clearance, because they're busy doing more important things in that department like audits and inventory. (Hence why some stores pass the clearance pricing altogether).

My kmart was giving $5 gift cards with purchase of $50 or more. I found out after I spent $100. You have to have the rewards card for the promo to work.

[quote name='damian1201']Hi guys I wanna start lookin around for good deals and wanna know is the clearance price on the game or do I have to scan each one separately and how do I know which game has a clearance on it because I don't wanna have to give the cashier checking over 50 games price checking lmao.[/QUOTE]

Traditionally, I have gone in simply looking at prices marked and also looking for clearance stickers, but only recently realized that this is pointless (at least for my Kmart). So today I decided to just find a bunch of stuff that I thought may be on clearance (based on age of the item or based on seeing things on this thread) and take them to the electronics counter to check pricing. To my surprise, the clerk almost seemed to know that no tags were accurate and acted like they routinely check for multiple customers throughout the day (as though price tags simply don't matter at Kmart). The clerk was pleasant about it. So it seems that this is the best strategy for Kmart (at least my local one). That being said, it is extremely frustrating that a lot of items are in the locked case. I hate the hassle of asking someone to open it simply to try out some price checks and I also hate wasting an employee's time.

Kmart really needs to get their act together. Of course, most people have been saying this since the '70s...

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Traditionally, I have gone in simply looking at prices marked and also looking for clearance stickers, but only recently realized that this is pointless (at least for my Kmart). So today I decided to just find a bunch of stuff that I thought may be on clearance (based on age of the item or based on seeing things on this thread) and take them to the electronics counter to check pricing. To my surprise, the clerk almost seemed to know that no tags were accurate and acted like they routinely check for multiple customers throughout the day (as though price tags simply don't matter at Kmart). The clerk was pleasant about it. So it seems that this is the best strategy for Kmart (at least my local one). That being said, it is extremely frustrating that a lot of items are in the locked case. I hate the hassle of asking someone to open it simply to try out some price checks and I also hate wasting an employee's time.

Kmart really needs to get their act together. Of course, most people have been saying this since the '70s...[/QUOTE]

I used to manage the electronics section at the K-Mart in my town, back when I was in college. The place has really fallen apart since I left there for a real job. There is no order or organization to it at all. The place is, and always has been way understaffed. You'll have one person covering the entire hard-lines dept, (electronics, automotive, hardware, sporting goods, furniture, housewares, and layaway), at times. They are a huge target for theft too, because if they even have a loss prevention person at all, it'll usually be one person working part time. The turnover is horrible.

Anyways, that said, I went there today to bargain hunt, hoping I'd snag a 4000 point MS card or a Live sub card pack. No such luck on that. The only clearance games they had left were shitty PS3 games and Wii shovelware.

image-1.jpg

Saw these last night at a store I went to but they were locked up and didnt have the clerk scan them. Thanks to Romeo for the heads up. $18.74 each :)

01463309898 RANGO XBOX2
A 3.72 T

01463319500 DRAGON AGE 2 1/3.72
A 7.44 T

09315511733 HUNTED DEMON 1/3.72
A 7.44 T

09642701747 KINECT JILLI
A 3.72 T

66224891027 DUNGEON SIEG
A 3.72 T

66224891035 3RD BDAY PSP
A 3.72 T

69514366009 10 FT HDMI
A 14.99 T

71171970270 MMRY CARD
A 2.24 T

71171980970 BT HEADSET
A 15.00 T

71171985620 PSPGO AV CBL
A 1.49 T

71171985630 PSPGO COMPAV
A .74 T

71171985790 PSP 8GB MSM
A 5.24 T

71171985800 PSP BLU TRAV
A 3.04 T

71171998328 BT HS CAMO
A 15.00 T

71171998337 UNCRTD BNDLE 1/22.49
A 44.98 T

74384083000 NYKO 83000
A 2.24 T

75291955236 DEBLOB UNDER
A 3.72 T

75291999216 DEBLOB UNDER
A 3.72 T

78513830369 DEBLOB UNDER
A 3.72 T

78513836408 JEOPARDY DS
A 3.72 T

89699200073 MAYHEM3DX360
A 3.72 T

89699200075 MAYHEM3D PS3
A 3.72 T

Lets just say that i want ham crazy at my local K-mart...scored me 2 DS3 bundles with uncharted and 2 Bluetooth headsets on the clearance wall. Among other treasures!!!

Well thanks for the help guys but there wasnt any good games for cheap so I ended up getting jax and daxter collection for $20 since the next Kmart is 12 miles away from me, thanks again guys maybe next time I'll get lucky.

[quote name='damian1201'] I ended up getting jax and daxter collection for $20 since the next Kmart is 12 miles away from me[/QUOTE]

Are you walking to the store, or riding a bicycle?

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Are you walking to the store, or riding a bicycle?[/QUOTE]

It also depends on where he lives. 12 miles in California traffic is like a 30 minute drive lol

After combing through 8 kmarts between Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo; i finally found a PS3 3d display. It was at the last kmart i was going to hit too. $112 at the Delaware ave store in Buffalo. It was marked $375.
Also got a Little Big Planet 2 Move bundle for $18.
Would have liked to get a controller bundle, but not a single one was to be found.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']My kmart was giving $5 gift cards with purchase of $50 or more. I found out after I spent $100. You have to have the rewards card for the promo to work.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that varies by store. Mine was on Sunday when I bought games but I bought an Xbox yesterday (Friday) and it didn't prompt the cashier to give me a gift card.

I got Fear 3, Duke Nukem Forever, and Forza 3 for $7.97. You Don't Know Jack and Dragon Age II for $3.72.

Biggest deal : NHL 13 for $29.99 because the employee labeled it as NHL 12. :cool:

I got Fear 3, my second copy of Pure PS3 (also have it on 360 - love it!), and the Gears of War 3 console, and the associate took 25% off each item including the console which is great because my old elite has been giving me A LOT of problems lately. Now if I can fix my disc tray in the old console, maybe I can use it for future game nights or something! Thanks everyone for all the price updates!

Finally found a yakuza for $3.74. Saw a few xbox wireless wheels at multiple stores. Surprised they haven't been scooped up yet. Great deal at $15 for anyone wanting one, despite the missing shoulder buttons.

Finally saw the infamous El Hoardo today. He was actually in the form of El Hoardo (fat spanish male). I was disgusted, as he had EVERY copy of all the clearance games (I think he had over 50+ total). Took my friend to get a copy of Dragon Age 2, only for El Hoardo to be in line with a giant bagful of games. I wanted to punch him in his face.

Gonna try to hit up 2 kmarts tomorrow near a friends house. Last time I was at those kmarts a few weeks ago they had Yakuza 3 & 4 along with Enslaved and Vanquish.

Somerville, Ma has the Wii Rock Band 3 with Keyboard for 11.xx, some psp component cables for 0.7x, R-type Command PSP for 13.xx and some other older psp games. They have a huge section of loose games actually. None of that stuff seems like a great deal to me though since that is pretty much what you can get it for other places. If you are looking though it was there as of tonight. They had Dungeon Siege 3 and the Killzone big box thing and I can't remember what all else.

I got me some Godzilla figures and the Gamera trilogy BR for $9.99 which is decent since it is 13 on Amazon and they are out of stock.

The Haul/Mission
35iua0i.jpg

Details:
Yakuza 4 $3.72
Section 8 $2.25
Cubic Ninja $3.72
3rd Birthday $3.72
Dragon Age II $3.72
Mayhem 3D $3.72 (x4)
LBP2 Move Bundle $18.74
DeBlob 2 $3.72 (PS3 & 360)
Guitar Hero: Van Halen $1.66
Brain & Body Connection $3.72
PSP Component Cables .74cent
Dead of Alive: Dimensions $7.47
Centipede Infestation $3.72 (x4)
Final Fanasty: Dissidia 012 $2.22
Modern Warfare 3: Harden Edition 14.97

Seen the 360 wheel for 15, mayhem also on 360 for $3.72. Overall my mission was great, although I had a casualty..... someone popped one of my tires. Had to pay :censored:ing $108 to replace it. Ruined my day.

*Red = new entries

bread's done
Back