New Kojima game announced - Metal Gear Solid: Rising

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was a countdown to a countdown. :lol: There is 199 hours and 30 minutes to go now, which ends at about Saturday, May 30 at 4:40 AM EST, if I added correctly.[/QUOTE]

Surely not ~ they're probably just working on the site and the flash video reset itself or something.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was a countdown to a countdown. :lol: There is 199 hours and 30 minutes to go now, which ends at about Saturday, May 30 at 4:40 AM EST, if I added correctly.[/QUOTE]

WTF, that blows. I hate you Kojima, anyone want MGS4 signed? Just pay shipping, i can't look at it.

Holy shit it is. I think we've all just been dicked over lol

[quote name='the_punisher']WTF, that blows. I hate you Kojima, anyone want MGS4 signed? Just pay shipping, i can't look at it.[/QUOTE]

Dibs if you're serious, but I know you're not.

[quote name='the_punisher']WTF, that blows. I hate you Kojima, anyone want MGS4 signed? Just pay shipping, i can't look at it.[/QUOTE]

ill take that lol

edit* dang beat to it.

An E?

If the 5 is really an S, S.. E.. and on May 30th, another countdown and another E.. and another countdown, then a D... SEED.. Gillian Seed.. Snatcher! Project S!

Damn, I'm really reaching here.

[quote name='Scorch']An E?

If the 5 is really an S, S.. E.. and on May 30th, another countdown and another E.. and another countdown, then a D... SEED.. Gillian Seed.. Snatcher! Project S!

Damn, I'm really reaching here.[/QUOTE]

S, then E, then A, then N, then K

Unscramble the letters- SNAKE!!!!!

There are two E's, an upper and lower case E, so I have no clue what the letters could mean anymore.

Maybe it's just saying "SEe U @ E3!"

Okay, I now see an S, an E, an e, and a 3.

[quote name='Scorch']Surely not ~ they're probably just working on the site and the flash video reset itself or something.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, until I saw this:
http://pspupdates.qj.net/New-Metal-Gear-game-to-be-featured-in-Famitsu-PSP-PS3-/pg/49/aid/131543

Too much of a coincidence. On May 30th, Famitsu PSP+PS3 will exclusively reveal a new Metal Gear thing, possibly a game or DLC on either the PSP or PS3.

My guess? Going by what FriskyTanuki said about the new letters, this will either turn out to be DLC for MGO or an Ac!d-esque side-story called something like Metal Gear SEeD.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']LOL, this is such bullshit.

Ya don't say?...

That doesn't make me happy, because Haruhi Suzumiya makes me want to die, because it is the worst thing to happen to anime since Evangelion.[/QUOTE]

You're the worst thing to happen since Army of Two ;).

E 3 S/5 e 3 S/5 3 S/5 E e S/5 E e 3 E e 3 S/5 E e

[quote name='the_punisher']You're the worst thing to happen since Army of Two ;).[/QUOTE]

That doesn't sound so bad...

I was really excited for the countdown to end, especially after the famitsu leak partially ruined the news. When I saw another timer, I just wanted to cry.

Who thinks he'll just string us along until 04/01/10- and then tell us it was all a joke?

SE - Kojima jumps ship and joins up with Square Enix. :p :rofl:

Hey punisher, all the cool kids supplement their MGS collections with rare Japanese stuff. Where's yours?

facex.png

Not my image, can't get the site to load.

I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

!!! Look at this: http://wiieveryday.blogspot.com/

Can anyone read this?! It looks like he is explaining the code.

There is another screenshot of cyborg Raiden. This begs the question:

1) Are we talking about a non-canon game? Where a cyborg Raiden and a young BigBoss could co-exist?
2) Are there going to be 2 games? PSP/PS3?
3) Time Travel?
4) Novella Style games? Maybe these will be just short story filler games.
5) Kojima just Shaq-ing with us?

I'd really like to see more Solidus- and I think a Raiden game could provide that with flashbacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
My brain hurts at how a youngish Big Boss and Cyborg Raiden can exist at the same time.

Some more images from the latest Famitsu magazine (I believe).

909271122193loz.jpg

mgs3.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']like I said, remake.[/QUOTE]
Which game do you think? Assuming the two pictures are for 2 different games, Cyborg Ninja for MGS1? And then Big Boss for...the new game?

[quote name='mkg12']Which game do you think? Assuming the two pictures are for 2 different games, Cyborg Ninja for MGS1? And then Big Boss for...the new game?[/QUOTE]

Big Boss: Represents Metal Gear 1
(Where he was the villain)
Gray Fox: Represents Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
(Where he was a traitor)

Granted, while a remake of both games is the most plausible theory, it's also possible that it could be a side-story with missions featuring Gray Fox working for Big Boss during MG1 and MG2.

Maybe also bridging the gap between Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake and MGS1, that seems like the only bit of time we haven't seen yet.

I'm not a Metal Gear Solid fan, but hasn't every single Solid game had a remake/re-release with more features a year or so after the original came out (which the exception of the Gamecube version of the first game of course)? Couldn't this announcement be for the Metal Gear Solid 4 re-release?

Remakes of MG1 and MG2 would be a nice idea, but I get the feeling they'd be more suited for a portable release.

I figured it might be Fox when I first saw the "raiden" picture- but I haven't played through the first 2 games, so I wasn't sure. The key point of confusion was the eye patch

It would make sense.

(eye patch manufacturer's must be rolling in the money in the MGS universe)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont have an prediction, however what I WANT is an Ninja Gaiden - esque gaming staring either Grey Fox or Raiden, and just let me kill and thrill... for about 8 hours. (and watch about 10 hours of movie)

[quote name='Ecofreak']Apparently, it's not Raiden but rather Gray Fox as Gray Fox lost his left eye in an encounter with Snake in MGS2.

[/QUOTE]

Yea- i agree that it's probably Gray Fox- the eye matches. But what about the jaw? He clearly has his lower jaw in that picture- where as Raiden is just a head and a spine.

I want more Liquid and Solidus.

bread's done
Back