New Kojima game announced - Metal Gear Solid: Rising

I can't make out the last word on the beret's emblem but the last one looks to me like 'fighters.' My gut says this really is Portable Ops 2 OR some kind of MGS Online game on the PS3.

edit: Woops. It's 'Militares sans Frontieres.' Still think it's going to be a versus game.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Why do companies keep making countdowns, when they so often get spoiled by mag scans?

Scourge of 21st-century game marketing. :mad:[/QUOTE]

My guess is that, even if the countdowns get spoiled by mag scans, they get us talking and theorizing about what's to come. Then we can either be pleasantly surprised or horrifically disappointed at the actual announcement/early leaks.

I just want to see a company troll for ideas with a fake countdown. That would be delightful!

[In a Konami Conference Room]
"Wait, these people want MG1 and MG2 remakes? BRILLIANT!"
"And this large demographic wants a game that features Gray Fox between MG1 and MG2..."
"Some people want some more Big Boss badassery."
"OK, people! You've got your ideas for the next four games. Start crackin'!"
"What about Metal Gear Acid 3?"
"...you're fucking fired. The rest of you, get to work!"

[quote name='Cao Cao']Big Boss: Represents Metal Gear 1
(Where he was the villain)
Gray Fox: Represents Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
(Where he was a traitor)

Granted, while a remake of both games is the most plausible theory, it's also possible that it could be a side-story with missions featuring Gray Fox working for Big Boss during MG1 and MG2.[/QUOTE]
I thought about that, but Big Boss seems too young for it to be MG1 and Gray Fox wasn't a cyborg ninja yet in MG2:SS.

[quote name='mkg12']I thought about that, but Big Boss seems too young for it to be MG1 and Gray Fox wasn't a cyborg ninja yet in MG2:SS.[/QUOTE]
st_justformen_f.jpg

maybe its not even big boss or solid/liquid/solidus, but ANOTHER brother.

so.. it would explain how raiden and that dude that looks like big boss could co-exist.
instead of TIME TRAVEL to the PAST. its the future and what happens... after MGS4

but my main guess is...
remake of the Metal Gear games since Kojima said Solid was donzo.
if it is... YAY cause i wasnt old enough to play those games...

A new image has been posted, apparently titled "Mask"
mask.052809-580px.jpg

If you super-impose that image over Raiden/Gray Fox, you almost have to conclude that the character is indeed Gray Fox.

ninjawithmask.jpg

the whole get-up looks pretty steam-punk compared to MGS4 raiden- maybe it's an older suit. EDIT- eh- i looked again- he looks the same in 4.

Also- it could be Olga I guess. I don't like the Sunny theory- it's depressing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for the first time to the site and saw the Big Boss and Raiden just like in the magazine scans. That mask figure is almost complete, only thing missing are it's eyes. If you look at the Kojima/Grey Fox logo on the bottom of the page, it switches to the woman every now and again.

I clicked on it, entered my birthday, but all I heard was music. Nothing shows up. Just refreshed and saw that blasted mask.

Hopefully it will be more than an announcement and we get gameplay video.

I believe the facial structure of the "woman" is actually that of Raidden. The nose and teeth sort of give it away.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Might be in for some Co-op action from these titles.[/QUOTE]

Do you think it would it be possible for you to make a post in this thread that doesn't sound like you're trying to act like you know stuff about this that the rest of us don't? :???:

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Do you think it would it be possible for you to make a post in this thread that doesn't sound like you're trying to act like you know stuff about this that the rest of us don't? :???:[/QUOTE]

:lol: ok I'll just tag on that I dont know :)

This timer ends on Monday night. I wonder what will happen then. It'll probably lead into the Sony Press Conference since Konami's and Microsoft's Press Conferences happen a few hours before that.

Sony put the new episode of Qore up to early.

One of the games is Portable Ops 2 for PSP.

Also leaked the GO.

Oh Sony, you only had 4 more days...

After thinking about it, maybe there's going to be a new Metal Gear for the PSP Go and a different new Metal Gear game for the PS3. Big Boss on the Go and the Ninja on the PS3.

[quote name='blueweltall']After thinking about it, maybe there's going to be a new Metal Gear for the PSP Go and a different new Metal Gear game for the PS3. Big Boss on the Go and the Ninja on the PS3.[/QUOTE]
Maybe Big Boss on the PS3 (cuz teh PS3 is big!), and the Ninja on the PSP Go! (Cuz you can be all stealthy on the Go!)

:lol:

I call Lunar Knights 2! :p

My guess for Rising is it'll fill in all the gaps in Raiden's story. Tutorials will be child army under Solidus, the meat of the game will be post-MGS2 through MGS4

[quote name='zewone']So, it is indeed Raiden and it's Metal Gear Solid: Rising coming to the 360 and more than likely, PS3 and PC.[/QUOTE]

It's a 360 exclusive, brah.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']It's a 360 exclusive, brah.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that.

Microsoft debuted the first details on Metal Gear Solid Rising at their E3 press conference this morning, but there's a reason Microsoft wasn't bragging about this Raiden-starring adventure being an Xbox 360 exclusive -- it isn't.

"You know, we didn't say that it was exclusive," clarified Xbox executive and corporate VP John Schappert (he was the guy hosting most of the event) during an interview with me immediately following the press conference.

"We said that the next Metal Gear will be coming [to Xbox 360]," he said.

"I couldn't be more excited about him [Kojima] working on that [Metal Gear Solid Rising] and having that be part of our show," said Schappert. "When I heard about that, I was pretty ecstatic and it was an honor to be able to be on stage with him and announcing his next Metal Gear, which will be on Xbox 360."

Of course, Schappert wasn't in a position to announce where else Metal Gear Solid Rising would be appearing, but could series creator Hideo Kojima be pleasing everyone by announcing this latest work at one conference, showing it at another? We'll have to wait and find out tomorrow morning at Sony's E3 conference.

And thus, the waiting game continues.

We'll know tomorrow for sure. If it was exclusive, they'd probably would have been bragging more, even though he did say the next games were 360 only, so who knows?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']It's a 360 exclusive, brah.[/QUOTE]

yea it aint exclusive... remember when ff13 was announced last year theyre liek YEAH 360 360 360 360.... and ps3

if its part of the story line which it will be, then it prob wont be 360 only.

thats like having..... halo odst for ps3 only then no one knows the side story that bought the 360.

[quote name='Maklershed']:shock:

Where does that come from?[/QUOTE]

Get a gamespress account. 8)

Also, I'm really not happy about them rebranding Lords of Shadow as a Castlevania game. Will they never learn? This'll be just like those damn PS2/Xbox Castlevanias.

I dont give a damn if it's on all the consoles, I just hope that they don't have to gimp the PS3 version at all to do it.

[quote name='zewone']With Kojima behind it, you have to give it more faith than the other 3D Castlevanias.[/QUOTE]

Why the fuck should I have faith in Kojima doing a good 3D Castlevania, when even Koji Igarashi can't pull it off? And I mean, these are the dudes that made Clive Barker's Jericho developing it. Ugh.

Besides, one way or another, this will always be a rebrand. They should have left it as it's own thing.

So, I've been busy all day and missed out on the E3 hooplah, but is gamepress reliable? I would absolutely love for that list to be real.

Raiden and Castlevania for both 360/PS3, plus what is most likely a new Big Boss adventure for PSP? :pray:

[quote name='KrebStar']...is gamepress reliable? I would absolutely love for that list to be real.[/QUOTE]

Gamespress only reposts actual press information received directly from publishers and developers. There is no question of reliability.

bread's done
Back