New Marvel Ultimate Downloadable Content -- Announced, taken offline quickly..

Cth

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://biz.gamedaily.com

Hulk strongest one there is!

Activision today announced its plans to release Marvel: Ultimate Alliance downloadable content on Xbox Live Marketplace with new heroes and villains. The eight new characters are the Incredible Hulk, Magneto, Hawkeye, Sabretooth, Doctor Doom, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Venom. The Hero Pack and Villain Pack will separately be 500 Microsoft points, the Combined Hero and Villain Pack will be 800 Microsoft points, and individual gamer pic packs will be 80 Microsoft points each.

"The signature gameplay of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance has made it a favorite among fans, as well as the best-selling Super Hero game on the Xbox 360 to-date," said Rob Kostich, vice president of global brand management, Activision. "By adding some of the biggest names in the Marvel Universe to the roster we're enabling Xbox 360 gamers to build a variety of all-new teams and enjoy the epic action in brand new ways."

Awesome... too bad it dosen't look like it's gonna hit the PS3 / PC.

I wonder if they are making all new voices / powers for these characters too?

Dunno yet.. it may be new missions (like Hulk and X-Men vs. Doom)

No idea yet.. I'm guessing there's a big announcement on the horizon.

I wish I could check the VIP site from work, but I can't :D

[quote name='Greetard']Wait... can you play as the villains?[/QUOTE]

Seems that way.

I imagine Sabretooth and Magneto are just going to be rips from X-Men Legends 1 and 2.

Funny how half of the characters in the game I have never heard of, and yet every last one of these characters I'm infinitely familiar with, and would have expected in the original game.

Well, Hulk's license was being renegotiated from Vivendi for an appearance..

Venom may have had to get clearance from the Raimi camp, even though the 3rd game is coming out from Activision.

Kick ass. There has been great speculation at all the boards that I follow and play this game at as to who it would be. Hulk is one that kind of came out of left field as his license is still with Sierra/Vivendi and everyone pretty much thought that that one would fall through. Playing as Nightcrawler will be fun, but I think I managed to kill him on my story play through though. One character that I had hoped would have been apart of the bunch would be The Punisher. Guess not though. Glad to see Hawkeye there, as he was on the PSP version. Now less reason to pick up that version (other than that it is portable for an awesome game). I'm kind of saddened that Iron Fist isn't in there.

This is some nice extra content. I wish they at least gave you one character for free.

But I hope to buy the game cheap to take the sting out of paying for this.

More info released today:

"ACTIVISION TO RELEASE NEW MARVEL: ULTIMATE ALLIANCE HEROES AND VILLAINS ON XBOX LIVE® MARKETPLACE

Santa Monica, CA – March 23, 2007 – Expanding on the experience of controlling the world’s largest army of Super Heroes on the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced today plans to release Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Heroes and Villains. The expansion packs feature eight new playable characters: The Incredible Hulk, Magneto, Hawkeye, Sabretooth, Doctor Doom, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Venom, each complete with new signature powers, skins, dialog, conversations and achievement points. The download will be available in April via the Xbox Live Marketplace online gaming service. "

Full article over at TeamXbox:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13081/New-Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance-Heroes-and-Villains-Coming/

[quote name='Wolfpup']Aaaaaaand they just raised the price to $70. Way to go, next gen! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

So don't buy the new characters, your game still works all the same for the $60 you originally paid for it.

[quote name='Roufuss']That's definitely worth the money, it's more than just simple skins.[/quote]

wait..they're selling new achievements too?

weird...so techinically this game will allow more than 1000 gamerpoints if you buy the DC?

Yep, Oblivion already has its "buyable" Shivering Isle achievements listed on people's gamercards, and accordingly its now worth 1250 pts

[quote name='swetooth9']wait..they're selling new achievements too?

weird...so techinically this game will allow more than 1000 gamerpoints if you buy the DC?[/QUOTE]
Yes. MS changed the policy recently. DLC can now offer an extra 250 points on top of the 1000 points on the disc.

Awesome!!!! I've been waiting for an excuse to beat the game again on Hard. Even though the characters are meh, minus Venom and Sabertooth, this makes me VERY happy. M:UA is my favorite game on 360 and its just getting better.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So don't buy the new characters, your game still works all the same for the $60 you originally paid for it.[/QUOTE]

I think he was kidding, but I still don't understand people who are serious about this kind of thing. I've already had several discussions from a friend of mine who still claims that they are paying for 80% of a completed game when downloadable content is available later, as a *free* update from a Live subscription or otherwise.

He doesn't have broadband yet, so I think he might see the light if he had it. :)

Just because you buy a game, doesn't mean you are entitled to free updates for content later.

Very nice, It'll gimme a reason to go back and beat the game on hard for that achievement :)

(question: I never got my 4000 kills achievement and 500 throws...if I start do the game on hard, will the kills/throws in that game count towards the achievements? Or do I gotta do that in the original file?. Sorry to be a tad off topic!)

[quote name='lilboo']

(question: I never got my 4000 kills achievement and 500 throws...if I start do the game on hard, will the kills/throws in that game count towards the achievements? Or do I gotta do that in the original file?. Sorry to be a tad off topic!)[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure it counts if you start over. I remember getting achievements like that when I started a new file on hard.

[quote name='Roufuss']That's definitely worth the money, it's more than just simple skins.[/quote]

I must missed that when I read through. hmm...new dialogue means more missions or at least something new involved with the characters. I'm pretty much through my first run, so when this comes out I'll be ready for Hard. Can't wait.

on the note of venom:

sm_venom.jpg

If companies are going to bother releasing new DLC, this is the type of stuff I'd like to see them do. Looks like they're actually putting some work into it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']on the note of venom:

sm_venom.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, now I have to go masturbate to get rid of this massive erection. That's a good 10-20 seconds you've made me waste.

This is pretty sweet. I was hoping for more of the characters from the PSP version and less recycled characters from X-men Legends (Nightcrawler, Cyclops, I'm looking at you), but I'm sorely tempted to pick up one or both packs. The Hulk? Yes please.

bread's done
Back