New! mousin's Free Magazine thread!

Ugh. I think all these free subscriptions are why Maxim sucks lately. Has anyone else noticed that the mag is mostly devoid of the guy humor that used to make it great? After my subscription runs out (in, I think, 4 years or so) I will likely not renew it. If it even lasts that long...

Like I said awhile back after starting to get a sub through this place for it, you could use an issue to blow your nose. It's basically as thin as a tissue lol. I've never looked to see what they charge for it on stand but I hope it's not more than a few bucks as there's nothing to read being that small. I just now saw though my cell provider they have their own shitty version of loyalty points and before I drop them in the coming months I'll probably use the points for a few magazine subscriptions as it's either those or gift cards that would require a million years of renewing a contract to get enough points for. You still have to pay a few bucks but 2-4 bucks isn't bad for a year or more of the magazines they offer on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
same with Forbes. For some reason I'm receiving 3!! 3 stupid issues of Forbes every month. My mailman must think I'm a real tool based on the phonebook sized stack of Forbes I get. Can't wait until they end soon.

Half-Price will buy your magazines off you but it's definitely not worth looking into unless you're going in there with other things as I went in there with a solid box full of at least a dozen nice hardbacks and some paperbacks and they just gave me 10 bucks. They pay pennies for VHS tapes I know that much so I'm guessing magazines are probably the same.

and that's why they don't do it now.
Not true. They went under because it is the digital age and people dont read maagzines or by the time they do the info is already old news. Magazines make most of their money from advertising. Higher subscriptions = high advertising rev.

I recently got two of the same Maxim mag, under my name and under my wife's name.  I guess I accidentally subscribed twice for it.  Is there a way to opt out with one?

I recently got two of the same Maxim mag, under my name and under my wife's name. I guess I accidentally subscribed twice for it. Is there a way to opt out with one?
I emailed them about this years back when I was getting two every month under the same name and they combined the subscriptions.

It started happening to me again several months back, but I'm too lazy to email them again.

I somehow got the Wall St Journal from this thread and it just ran out and my family is super mad at me, is there any ways to get it again?

I somehow got the Wall St Journal from this thread and it just ran out and my family is super mad at me, is there any ways to get it again?
You could get it from rewardsurvey.com. It would take a couple weeks but you could get it free that way doing a few very easy surveys. Like 2 minutes of your time. You can do like one survey a week I think. I have like tons of credit for them and its really easy to get. I don't know of any offers to just fill out your information and get it at the moment. Hope that helps.

You were receiving a newspaper for free, and your family got "super mad" at you because the subscription ended? :whee:

1. Are you serious?

2. They usually start sending renewal notices MONTHS before the subscription ends to try and keep you as a customer. Were all of these notices ignored?

I finally reached my last issue. I got tired of throwing them in the recycle bin and never reading them. It took a long time for it to finally stop.
I'm good through 2019, don't have the time to read them all, and my wife reminds every month that she doesn't approve of Maxim.

Thanks bkjohns1 for another link.  If I win the lottery and find myself plane shopping in the next few weeks I'm going to regret not subscribing.  

bread's done
Back