New! mousin's Free Magazine thread!

[quote name='rickonker']It's Akamai which is kind of like a cache.

Have those GameStop magazines worked for anyone recently?[/quote]
That's the word I was looking for!

Were you talking about whether we had got them? Or were you asking if the links still worked?

It wasn't supposed to have been an active/usable link as far back as a few weeks ago, but I think people were still able to hit it as of last week? Regardless, it's still too early to see if they'll actually deliver.

[quote name='zegolf']That's the word I was looking for!

Were you talking about whether we had got them? Or were you asking if the links still worked?

It wasn't supposed to have been an active/usable link as far back as a few weeks ago, but I think people were still able to hit it as of last week? Regardless, it's still too early to see if they'll actually deliver.[/QUOTE]
The link still works for me, but I was wondering if any codes still work. I tried some but no luck.

[quote name='rickonker']It's Akamai which is kind of like a cache.

Have those GameStop magazines worked for anyone recently?[/quote]
I beleive I recieved a Redbook in the mail if thats what ur askin.

[quote name='2sday']I beleive I recieved a Redbook in the mail if thats what ur askin.[/QUOTE]
Oh no I was just wondering if they're still accepting codes. Thanks though.

I had a few codes go through tonight actually. I ordered 6-7 magazines.

I know the order I placed in Jan. started coming in beginning of March. So, I expect these (if they still work) to come in June or July.

[quote name='zegolf']If you look a few pages back, I broke down the algorithm they used to come up with those codes. You should be able to get a TON of codes out of it. If they haven't already been used...[/QUOTE]

All those codes we're already used that you had posted. But thanks I did use the algorithm break down you posted to create my own codes.

[quote name='twistedadrian']Anyone know of anywhere to get even just one copy of OPM (Official Playstation Mag)?[/quote]
Apart from the late EGM, there aren't a lot of video game subs that come along. Seems that all of the ones that did are dead and gone now.

[quote name='cartmellauneas']There is nothing called a free lunch is this world. If things needed to be resolved then initiative needs a support to be sorted out.

cartmellauneas

Car Insurance [/quote]
Wow... that's some of the deepest spam I've ever read.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I love motorboating! They is a magazine just about it! Awesome![/QUOTE]

:lol::applause:

last night I had a telemarketer call I assume from all of the free subs I've signed up for. The guy tried to slip one by me saying "don't buy additional subscriptions from anywhere else, you have 60 issues still to come. We'll just go ahead and keep those additional 60 issues coming to you for only $2.99 per issue..." I was like WTF! I told the guy all of my mags were trial subs and I would make a decision when they were closer to being finished as to whether I would keep them or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chitown021']:lol::applause:

last night I had a telemarketer call I assume from all of the free subs I've signed up for. The guy tried to slip one by me saying "don't buy additional subscriptions from anywhere else, you have 60 issues still to come. We'll just go ahead and keep those additional 60 issues coming to you for only $2.99 per issue..." I was like WTF! I told the guy all of my mags were trial subs and I would make a decision when they were closer to being finished as to whether I would keep them or not.[/QUOTE]

I just received a call like that as well. About a week or so ago another guy called and said my account was heading towards collection if I didn't authorize payment. He said I had signed up for a package of five magazines a month that should be paid in four installments of 12.95(if I remember the price right). Something seems fishy to me.

[quote name='deszaras']I just received a call like that as well. About a week or so ago another guy called and said my account was heading towards collection if I didn't authorize payment. He said I had signed up for a package of five magazines a month that should be paid in four installments of 12.95(if I remember the price right). Something seems fishy to me.[/

I just got a call like this as well. My wife passed me the phone as I was wrestling with my 3 year old son. I was half paying attention when the Dude mentioned that someone was cancelling my mags and they needed some info to continue them. I got as far as my name and address and whether I owned or rented.(this stuff is common knowledge). Then he asked what I did for a living, how many years and my age. He then asked my wife's age and occupation. I was just making stuff up but then realized these were alot of questions for free magazines. When I asked which mags in particular he said his company represented "many magazines". When I asked again he said "Maxim and Playboy". Well I get none of those. I then hung up and put my 3 year old in a devastating sleeper hold and put him to bed! Stupid jerks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Matsumoto11756'][quote name='deszaras']I just received a call like that as well. About a week or so ago another guy called and said my account was heading towards collection if I didn't authorize payment. He said I had signed up for a package of five magazines a month that should be paid in four installments of 12.95(if I remember the price right). Something seems fishy to me.[/

I just got a call like this as well. My wife passed me the phone as I was wrestling with my 3 year old son. I was half paying attention when the Dude mentioned that someone was cancelling my mags and they needed some info to continue them. I got as far as my name and address and whether I owned or rented.(this stuff is common knowledge). Then he asked what I did for a living, how many years and my age. He then asked my wife's age and occupation. I was just making stuff up but then realized these were alot of questions for free magazines. When I asked which mags in particular he said his company represented "many magazines". When I asked again he said "Maxim and Playboy". Well I get none of those. I then hung up and put my 3 year old in a devastating sleeper hold and put him to bed! Stupid jerks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

The guy I talked to threatened to send me to collections since I wasn't going to pay for it. He was very evasive in giving any information and the phone number he reluctantly gave me was a non-working number. At the end of the conversation, I assumed he was just trying to scam me until yesterday when I got a call asking if I received Maxim, ESPN Magazine and some others. I told him the only one I get is Maxim, he said he'd note that and then he hung up. Weird.

Those fucking telemarketers are persistant. I got another call last night asking the same thing. They started off by telling me they represented "all" of my free mags and again asked me not to buy additional subs from anyone else b/c I had 60 issues still to come. They kept trying to get me to agree to this whole 60 issue thing without telling me the price.

Again I told them no. I said I would make a decision at the end of my trial subs whether I would order additional mags.

You guys do realize that you don't have to put your real phone number in these forms, right? The only thing they want is your address and email (which should never be your primary email address) so that they can send you spam and junk mail. Sign up for a hotmail account, give a fake phone number, and you're solid.

ive been getting the same phone calls, asking all the information all you guys just said, then they told me i had been paying for it through my credit card, then i asked if they could confirm the last 4 digits of my account, and he said the only number he could see was the first number, BUT if i provided him with my credit card numbers that he could punch them in and tell me which credit card it was getting charged to. after called him a stupid hick he hung up, and when they called again today i gave them the story i give every telemarketer now, "do i have your permision to record this phone call, (yes), i would like to advise you that this is the 3rd time you have called my house, and i have warned you in the past, so if you call and harass me again, i will press charges against you and your company." they usually hang up, and that usually keeps them from calling again.

[quote name='JGram33']ive been getting the same phone calls, asking all the information all you guys just said, then they told me i had been paying for it through my credit card, then i asked if they could confirm the last 4 digits of my account, and he said the only number he could see was the first number, BUT if i provided him with my credit card numbers that he could punch them in and tell me which credit card it was getting charged to. after called him a stupid hick he hung up, and when they called again today i gave them the story i give every telemarketer now, "do i have your permision to record this phone call, (yes), i would like to advise you that this is the 3rd time you have called my house, and i have warned you in the past, so if you call and harass me again, i will press charges against you and your company." they usually hang up, and that usually keeps them from calling again.[/QUOTE]

I found out friend that all Visas start with the same number, and the same trend with the other cards. So if the guy knows or guesses you have a Visa and says he only knows it begins with a 4...it's because of this trend, not that he has your card on file.

[quote name='deszaras']I found out friend that all Visas start with the same number, and the same trend with the other cards. So if the guy knows or guesses you have a Visa and says he only knows it begins with a 4...it's because of this trend, not that he has your card on file.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. All of the major credit cards are like that. the last four digits are the vital ones.

I actually got a very similar call one day. The girl on the phone told me right off that she was "in training" and that I might be asked to speak with her supervisor about my experience with her. They asked me if I liked all of my magazines and if I was receiving them on time, etc... I told them that Esquire sucks ass, and asked if they could switch it to something that didn't end up lining my bird cage. The girl told me that was no problem, she just had to switch me over to her manager who could take care of that for me. The "manager" asked about the girl, like how was her annunciation and stuff like that. Then he told me that he could switch my sub over for me, if I could just confirm my bank account number for him. That threw up a red flag right away, b/c I didn't have a bank account at the time. I asked if he could read it off to me and I would tell him if it was right or not. I was told that he couldn't do that in order to prevent fraud. At that point, I told him that I don't give out my bank account info over the phone, and that this sounded like a scam to me. Needless to say, he hung up on me. Stupid scammers.

I think that since this thread is now over 1800 posts someone should consolidate this thread again. When I say someone, I mean not me, cuz I'm really lazy. :)

I got offered a free USB flash drive from freebizmag or whatever that site is. Yeah not really magazine related but just wanted to let ya'll know

[quote name='PakiPrince31']I got offered a free USB flash drive from freebizmag or whatever that site is. Yeah not really magazine related but just wanted to let ya'll know[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing the other day. I hope my request goes through but I fully expect to get an e-mail saying I was denied b/c I wasn't one of the first "X" number of people to sign up. That's what happened to me when I ordered the FHM 100 Hottest or whatever it was a few weeks ago.

[quote name='geoff420']I actually got a very similar call one day. The girl on the phone told me right off that she was "in training" and that I might be asked to speak with her supervisor about my experience with her. They asked me if I liked all of my magazines and if I was receiving them on time, etc... I told them that Esquire sucks ass, and asked if they could switch it to something that didn't end up lining my bird cage. The girl told me that was no problem, she just had to switch me over to her manager who could take care of that for me. The "manager" asked about the girl, like how was her annunciation and stuff like that. Then he told me that he could switch my sub over for me, if I could just confirm my bank account number for him. That threw up a red flag right away, b/c I didn't have a bank account at the time. I asked if he could read it off to me and I would tell him if it was right or not. I was told that he couldn't do that in order to prevent fraud. At that point, I told him that I don't give out my bank account info over the phone, and that this sounded like a scam to me. Needless to say, he hung up on me. Stupid scammers.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. I had some woman call and ask a few very generic questions then said her supervisor would be calling to make sure she was polite and courteous. 10 minutes later the "supervisor" called and tried to get me to sign up for that damn 60 issues at two-something per issue scam.

Those of you with EGM subscriptions, it has been turned into Maxim for the rest of your paid (or for most of us, free) subscription time. I've gotten 2 in the last week.

In a couple of months, we're going to need another 1 year free Maxim offer.

[quote name='Triggerhappy14']Those of you with EGM subscriptions, it has been turned into Maxim for the rest of your paid (or for most of us, free) subscription time. I've gotten 2 in the last week.

In a couple of months, we're going to need another 1 year free Maxim offer.[/QUOTE]

I found this out shortly ago when I inquired to Maxim why I had 33 issues left when all I signed up for was a free year. They told me my old EGM subscription was put into this. Oddly enough, my free EGM subscription died a long time ago and to support the mag, I paid for a 3 year subscription. When the magazine died, they refunded my money. I don't know why I'll get all these issues for free but I'm not complaining.

Is there ANY way of cancelling the Maxim subscription? I haven't recieved an issue yet (or maybe I did, my sister might of found it and put it in her room) but I don't want these magazines even if theyre free, I dont want my parents or sister to know about I "ordered" these, even though I didn't. They won't believe me.

[quote name='PakiPrince31']Is there ANY way of cancelling the Maxim subscription? I haven't recieved an issue yet (or maybe I did, my sister might of found it and put it in her room) but I don't want these magazines even if theyre free, I dont want my parents or sister to know about I "ordered" these, even though I didn't. They won't believe me.[/QUOTE]

Just go to Maxim.com and look at the bottom for the customer service. You should find a way to cancel there.

[quote name='zenithyoda']I wonder what will happen when the new EGM comes back....[/QUOTE]

It wont be Ziff Davis so dont expect any freebies. Hopefully it also means it wont be 40 pages long, 20 pages being ads. Ive got my hopes up high:)

[quote name='equest943']
cagus.smile.jpg
Not sure if this has been posted yet but there is a 1 year subscription of Maxim courtesy of Sony.

https://secure.palmcoastd.com/pcd/document?ikey=0815BYSN1

Code is YSON
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chivista']free subscription to field and stream magazine

http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/101/101265[/QUOTE]

Epic, free mags are always appreciated. Thanks guys.

I just got the new issue of Maxim and it says my blender sub has been added to it. My sub went from expiring early 2010 tol 5/2018! (I assume the free year from SONY was added too, as well as the free year from several months ago).

bread's done
Back