NEW- Origin Game Time. Play full games, for free. Titanfall will be free for 48 hours on PC.

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://www.origin.com/en-us/news/play-titanfall-free-game-time

It’s Game Time! This is a brand new program on Origin: it’s free time with full games. Origin Game Time isn’t a demo, it’s the full game playable for free for as long as there’s time on your Game Time clock. And we’re kicking off Origin Game Time with a truly massive experience: Titanfall on PC.

This weekend you’ll be able to download Titanfall and play for free for two days straight. We’re launching Origin Game Time for Titanfall across the world over the next several hours, so if you don’t see it available yet in your territory, you will soon. Origin Game Time games will appear on our Free Games page when they’re available to download.

Haven’t felt the thrill of dropping an 18-foot tall metallic beast on your opponent? What about the rush of leaping from wall to wall through the war-torn alleyways of a devastated compound? This is your chance to really see for yourself what Titanfall is all about. Play it for yourself. It won’t cost you a thing.

For Titanfall you’re getting 48 full hours of Pilot/Titan action. It’s the entire game. The Origin Game Time clock begins the moment you start the game for the first time, and ticks down in realtime. Whether you’re fighting your friends or taking a break, the Game Time clock will continue to run.

Love the game after playing during Origin Game Time and want to continue? Your Titanfall progress is saved and you can pick up right where you left off if you purchase Titanfall.

If you already own Titanfall, this weekend is a great time to get back into the game. Origin Game Time will bring new Pilots into the fight – help your teammates or swoop in for some easy points.

Titanfall is only the beginning for Game Time and there’s more on the way. Each Game Time will be unique: different game, different time on the Game Time clock. We’ll keep you posted on Twitter and Facebook (and here!) when your next Origin Game Time game begins.

im guessing it didnt sell well. I enjoy it from time to time but i can't find any matches outside of the attribution game mode after 10pm. I get teamed up with a few people but its never enough to kick off a match

Wow, Wombat was so right about this game.
I don't play the game anymore. It's fun for a few weeks and just wears on you. The stupid matchmaking still stacks the teams against each other which leads to a lot of frustrated players. What did Wombat say? Haven't heard the podcast in awhile.

I like this.  I mean it's just them letting you demo the game for 2 days and Steam already does that with free weekends, but I'm glad Origin is copying that feature.  EA doesn't release that much stuff every year though so I wonder how they plan to fill those slots.  I assume with older games everyone already has.  

I'd have to get the game for free before I'd bother downloading it, but this new feature does have one interesting aspect...

Apparently you can grab the game for a limited period, but then you don't actually start the 48 hour counter until you start the game, meaning if you have a slower connection-no problem.  If you have some block of time later on where you can really try it...no problem.

THAT'S actually cool. 

Glad to hear that it sounds like Wombat gave a negative review of Titanfall.  I was SO sick of months of hearing about how it's the greatest thing ever, and if you don't like it then you're biased, blah blah blah, and it's like no, I have zero interest in deathmatch.  It sounds like an interesting deathmatch game, but I'd still sooner watch grass grow.

EA/Origin gets a lot of hate but this is pretty cool, I really enjoyed Titanfall but after 50-75 hours you just don't feel like playing anymore, especially some of the ridiculous generation challenges.  Still, I got at LEAST 40 hours of real fun out of it, so I definitely recommend everyone try this out to see if the game is fun for them.

Is it still the full 21GB download/48GB+ uncompressed?

Would be nice if they released a cut down demo (or God forbid they put out a different download for users with power machines that can handle compressed AV).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to get the game for free before I'd bother downloading it, but this new feature does have one interesting aspect...

Apparently you can grab the game for a limited period, but then you don't actually start the 48 hour counter until you start the game, meaning if you have a slower connection-no problem. If you have some block of time later on where you can really try it...no problem.

THAT'S actually cool.

Glad to hear that it sounds like Wombat gave a negative review of Titanfall. I was SO sick of months of hearing about how it's the greatest thing ever, and if you don't like it then you're biased, blah blah blah, and it's like no, I have zero interest in deathmatch. It sounds like an interesting deathmatch game, but I'd still sooner watch grass grow.
I was really excited about this game until I learned it was just another deathmatch game. With some of the things they talked about earlier in its development I thought it was going to be more of a moba style shooter with asynchronous win conditions. I can sort of understand why the first game in a series would be limited though, maybe the sequel will be more ambitious.

And if that's the way the free game time really works then I'm happy. My biggest complaint would be not being able to download it fast enough.

I like this. I mean it's just them letting you demo the game for 2 days and Steam already does that with free weekends, but I'm glad Origin is copying that feature. EA doesn't release that much stuff every year though so I wonder how they plan to fill those slots. I assume with older games everyone already has.
steam never lets you demo full games, their free weekends are for games that are years old and so cheap nobody would buy them anyway

steam never lets you demo full games, their free weekends are for games that are years old and so cheap nobody would buy them anyway
Not at all.

They've done free weekends for newish games like Payday 2, Deadfall Adventures, the Call of Duty games, etc. I don't think you've been paying attention to the free weekends lately.

Game is available for download now on Origin.  Also, you don't have to start your free trial this weekend.  If you download it, the free 48 hours won't start until you activate the trial (next month if you want).  Source - Origin Community Manager posted that in the Reddit thread. 

Wow. I traded my Xbox One version to the Target 3x value deal a few weeks back. I like the game but to get back more then I paid for it was too good to pass up.
I decided to give the PC version a go this weekend for the free play.
What a disaster.
The game is fun when you can actually play.
But who wants to pay $30-$60 for a game where you spend 2-3 minutes waiting to play, then there is like a 60% chance the game will boot you back to the menu screen to start the timer over again.
It is an excercise in frsutration.
They better come up with a single player campaign, heck, let me play with all bots so I don't have to worry about Johnny Short Attention bailing from the server and causing the game to be lost.

bread's done
Back