New Platinum Games? (KZ2, LBP, Resistance 2?)

This is highly unlikely to reach the US any time soon. Uncharted and SOCOM JUST hit greatest hits status a week or so ago. There's no way Sony would put KZ2 at that price so fast here in the USA.

Hell with the new price drop and slim coming out, this could be a chance for them to make a bit more money seeing as people usually buy new games when they get new systems, they'll see that Killzone 2, Resistance 2, and LBP are fairly new.

[quote name='MootPoon817']Hell with the new price drop and slim coming out, this could be a chance for them to make a bit more money seeing as people usually buy new games when they get new systems, they'll see that Killzone 2, Resistance 2, and LBP are fairly new.[/QUOTE]

Your point is exactly why they WON'T do it. MANY of the people buying the new slim PS3 will buy 1, if not all 3, of those games, and they will buy them whether they are $30 or $60. No way it's happening in the US. At least no time soon. I'd say Black Friday range at earliest.

Still cool, none-the-less, hope this happens sometime soon.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='ShadowHero10']If I imported a EU version of Killzone, etc., would there be any difference running on an American console?[/QUOTE]

You would not be able to buy any American DLC for the game. You would have to have a European PSN account and buy the European DLC.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You would not be able to buy any American DLC for the game. You would have to have a European PSN account and buy the European DLC.[/QUOTE]
Okay thanks for the insight :)

I'd buy all three of those right now for that price, I think.

Resistance 2 and probably Little Big Planet for sure. (I loved Resistance 1, and would have bought the sequel right away, but it sounds like the wrecked EVERYTHING I loved about the original, so....)

I know what some of you are saying by stating these games are "too new" to be Greatest Hits in the US, but Sony may be doing this early to increase holiday sales, as the article states.

Can anyone remember an instance where a game became a "Platinum" game in EU before it became a "Greatest Hits" in the US? From what I recall, I've seen times where it was maybe a month between the times, but what was the longest you've seen?

If Sony does this in the US, it would be a great move for them.

[quote name='-HAZE-']I know what some of you are saying by stating these games are "too new" to be Greatest Hits in the US, but Sony may be doing this early to increase holiday sales, as the article states.

Can anyone remember an instance where a game became a "Platinum" game in EU before it became a "Greatest Hits" in the US? From what I recall, I've seen times where it was maybe a month between the times, but what was the longest you've seen?

If Sony does this in the US, it would be a great move for them.[/QUOTE]
Sony's entering the holiday with a $299 PS3. The only other thing they could possibly do to further enhance sales would be to include sexual favors with every console purchased.

Average Joe's gonna see the 360 Elite at $299 next to the PS3 at the same price and buy the PS3.

Rejoice, Sony fanboys. After three long years, the time has come. Holiday 2009 WILL be the year of the PS3.

:applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Keavy_Rain']Sony's entering the holiday with a $299 PS3. The only other thing they could possibly do to further enhance sales would be to include sexual favors with every console purchased.

Average Joe's gonna see the 360 Elite at $299 next to the PS3 at the same price and buy the PS3.

Rejoice, Sony fanboys. After three long years, the time has come. Holiday 2009 WILL be the year of the PS3.

:applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

yahhhhhhhhh yahhhhhhhhhh!! Hip hip horayyyyyyy hip hip horayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

[quote name='-HAZE-']I know what some of you are saying by stating these games are "too new" to be Greatest Hits in the US, but Sony may be doing this early to increase holiday sales, as the article states.

If Sony does this in the US, it would be a great move for them.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted went Platinum in Europe quite a long time before it finally went Greatest Hits here

Well if Sony wants a quick injection of $$$ then they will want to drop the MSRP prices on these games.Keep in mind that these games are now more than 6 months old at least.Its possible that they will cut prices here in the US to make these $29.99 each game and stores will possibly bundle them along with the slim PS3's come Black Friday.

I know some people are pre ordering their PS3 slim and I was thinking about doing the same but I'm still hoping that the BEST BUY ad they leaked out last week with the $10 games would be true.At this point,after all the bashing about the fake BB about the SLIM PS3 that actually was REAL, im more open to the possibility that that ad was for real.

What was it? Games for $10 with the purchase of it?

And darn it, I'm wanting a new one, even though I not only have one already, it has backwards compatibility! :whistle2:D

Oh well, I think I can hold out. I probably would have gotten one instead of my stand alone Blu Ray player though, but then I wouldn't have been able to enjoy Blu Rays in the living room for the last few months.

Dang it, I just realized I probably can't use my Gamestop credit on these even if the price drop is real, because since they're not brand new games, Gamestop copies will probably be open box.

Why are they the only store that gets to do open box but not give you a discount? That's like my only real issue with the store, but it's a dozy.

[quote name='Keavy_Rain']Sony's entering the holiday with a $299 PS3. The only other thing they could possibly do to further enhance sales would be to include sexual favors with every console purchased.

:applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

LoL

bread's done
Back