New PS3 greatest hits $29.99 Heavy Rain!

I've been reading through this thread and didnt see a answer to this, anyone know when these prices will be available? I know Walmart already has Heavy Rain at this price, but I'd like to pick it up from Amazon.

Since there want be a Director's cut for the USA. Where is the best place online to buy the European version - Heavy Rain Movie Edition? Thank you.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']There could not possibly be more stuff on Heavy Rain's cover.[/QUOTE]

Don't challenge them...have you seen Killzone 3's cover!?

e773fe5426d2e05f363f36c0da9962bd.png

Huh? I didn't think there was that much going on although those little company boxes at the bottom are annoying

Sony really needs to work on their box art design. Pretty soon the actual boxart is going to be in a little box in the corner.

Anyway, I'll have to keep an eye out for a Modnation Racers deal now. $30 is still too steep for me considering the ol' backlog.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Pretty soon the actual boxart is going to be in a little box in the corner.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could find a scan of the back of the box for Ninety-Nine Nights II to post. About 80% of it is just fine-print legal text in three different languages.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Don't challenge them...have you seen Killzone 3's cover!?[/QUOTE]

It's annoying - but less annoying than Uncharted 2's first edition having MASSIVE REVIEW SCORES fill the cover. And the GOTY edition was even worse.

Well I just traded it in some Xbox games.......for $81...

I am for sure getting Heavy Rain and Modnation Racers. I have Killzone 3 already since I ordered the PS3 Slim bundle..

by the way.....

my ps3 slim should get here tomorrow but on the tracking, it is still in Oakland, CA and still has 600 miles plus to get to my destination...im getting a bit worried that it will just sit there all night. you guys think fedex is able to travel does 600 miles in one day?

Time to buy heavy rain again for the collection! I got it a few weeks after it first came back and absolutely loved it. Buying this again for keeps this time!

Great price for Heavy Rain, and yes, that GH cover looks quite horrendous.

Also, I believe the final Killzone 3 cover for the US actually has logos that stand out more than that picture posted earlier. Let your eyes feast on it:

93SCt.jpg

All that's missing is a huge panel saying "Move Sharpshooter Compatible" covering 30% of what's left of the artwork and calling it a day.

Anyone know if Best Buy still has Heavy Rain on the shelves? I tried searching the website but only used copies came up. I'm hoping they adjust the price in store before my 10% coupon runs out. Gotta get me a black label version.

[quote name='thegame85']Anyone know if Best Buy still has Heavy Rain on the shelves? I tried searching the website but only used copies came up. I'm hoping they adjust the price in store before my 10% coupon runs out. Gotta get me a black label version.[/QUOTE]

yes i saw a new copy on the shelf at p hill bb.

[quote name='thegame85']Anyone know if Best Buy still has Heavy Rain on the shelves? I tried searching the website but only used copies came up. I'm hoping they adjust the price in store before my 10% coupon runs out. Gotta get me a black label version.[/QUOTE]

When I went in the other day they had it for $50 in the ps3 section and then they had it at $60 in the move section...Also they had GoW3 for $40 used and $30 new...:roll:

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']It's annoying - but less annoying than Uncharted 2's first edition having MASSIVE REVIEW SCORES fill the cover. And the GOTY edition was even worse.[/QUOTE]

There were actually two different covers for Uncharted 2's original edition. I got the game release day and it had minimal comments/review scores on it. The game's one of my favorites and certainly worthy of picking up immediately (and glad I got the better box art). I was contemplating on getting a copy of the GotY edition for $30 as well since I'm such a fan but the same cover is found on The Art of Uncharted 2, minus review scores, etc. and i bought most of the DLC separately.

As for Heavy Rain, I ended up buying it from the UK for $30 U.S. (incl. shipping) 3 weeks ago during a random sale (dvd.co.uk - slow shipping but unbeatable prices). Better box art and I wanted all the additional goodies that the U.S. Move Edition should have included (soundtrack, The Taxidermist DLC, etc.)

Now is the time to pick it up if you don't want that ugly red box even if the price hasn't dropped at your store. You should be able to price adjust it against the GH.

I wouldn't try that at BB though b/c they are always jerks about price matching/adjusting.

[quote name='Ravenous']That was fast for UC2, I thought they would milk that price longer[/QUOTE]

You can only milk it so long until the third one comes out. Great price tho for a great game. Just played it again last night. Couldnt find a versus multiplayer game but I was doing the Co-op Arena which is alot of fun. The game is just fun in general. Being able to jump and fight like that is just a blast.

So when exactly are these prices supposed to drop? I just got back from BB and Heavy Rain is still $60.

WTF? I see a lot of people posting about these games being GH but has anyone actually BOUGHT them at this price? What is going on, I want to take advantage of B2G1, I need clarification.

Since this new version is replacing the old one, I assume it won't be long and the regular one will be clearanced at stores.

well I sick sick of waiting for Amazon to drop the price, so I went to Walmart and grabbed a copy $30. I guess the one plus is thats its in the original case, and that big ass move banner accross the top was actually just a sticker on the cellophane.

[quote name='dudejeff22']So when exactly are these prices supposed to drop? I just got back from BB and Heavy Rain is still $60.

WTF? I see a lot of people posting about these games being GH but has anyone actually BOUGHT them at this price? What is going on, I want to take advantage of B2G1, I need clarification.[/QUOTE]

tomorrow Sunday feb 27

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287874

[quote name='nateeasy29']So this will work on US consoles?[/QUOTE]

Yes. (I'm a U.S. PS3 owner)

PS3 imports are region-free. I've been playing it and the U.K. disc copy of Siren: Blood Curse with absolutely no problems or differences to playing U.S. games.

The extras alone from the European version at a little over $30 make it totally worth it to import. I mean why say no to getting free:

- The Taxidermist DLC
- 3 Dynamic Themes
- Full Soundtrack (on disc)
- 45 Minutes of Extra Behind-the-Scenes footage

The only thing about imports is that DLC will only work from its corresponding region store, but David Cage has said that due to Move development, there won't be any more episodes/new DLC made.

Importing this gen is awesome :)

Am I the only one who couldn't give a crap about the color of the box? If the game showed up in red tint on my TV, I would be not so down with that...

[quote name='wquach']
The only thing about imports is that DLC will only work from its corresponding region store, but David Cage has said that due to Move development, there won't be any more episodes/new DLC made.

Importing this gen is awesome :)[/QUOTE]

This was the only thing that worried me about this recent discussion on importing the region free version. Could you link the quote please?

Thanks for the import link. I usually like to stick with local games (incase it gets lost/damaged, my saves will work on the replacement), but there is really no reason to not receive the bonus material for the same price.

About fucking time! I thought HR was gonna stay at $50 til the ps4 launch... though I've lost a lot of urge to play it, and have heard many negative opinions about it, now that I've waited so long... well, way to go developers, you may have cost yourself my purchase!

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']It's annoying - but less annoying than Uncharted 2's first edition having MASSIVE REVIEW SCORES fill the cover. And the GOTY edition was even worse.[/QUOTE]

I bought Uncharted 2 the first day, and the only review it has is "5 out of 5 stars" in relatively small print on the bottom.
Uncharted2Cover.jpg

This is the final version of KZ3
P1010893.jpg

[quote name='mywhitenoise']
I bought Uncharted 2 the first day, and the only review it has is "5 out of 5 stars" in relatively small print on the bottom.
Uncharted2Cover.jpg

This is the final version of KZ3
P1010893.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Is that a signed copy of Uncharted 2 I see you have there?

[quote name='wquach']Yes. (I'm a U.S. PS3 owner)

PS3 imports are region-free. I've been playing it and the U.K. disc copy of Siren: Blood Curse with absolutely no problems or differences to playing U.S. games.

The extras alone from the European version at a little over $30 make it totally worth it to import. I mean why say no to getting free:

- The Taxidermist DLC
- 3 Dynamic Themes
- 45 Minutes of Extra Behind-the-Scenes footage

Importing this gen is awesome :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your post! I went ahead purchased it. Recently, I picked up Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box on PS3 since that is never coming to the US. I want to pick up Siren as well in the future.

Also Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty is around $14USD for the disc version! You can only get it on PSN in the US.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Is that a signed copy of Uncharted 2 I see you have there?[/QUOTE]

I just grabbed the cover that closest resembles mine off of google :)
Mine has the one small review, but no signature.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Do the trophies work for import games on US consoles?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why some people have two sets of trophies for Demon's Souls.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I just grabbed the cover that closest resembles mine off of google :)
Mine has the one small review, but no signature.[/QUOTE]

Mine has 25 PERFECT REVIEW SCORES in big letters, a 10 out of 10 from GI, and 5 out of 5 from Gamepro on it, along with the usual ESRB/developer/publisher logos.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Yeah, that's why some people have two sets of trophies for Demon's Souls.[/QUOTE]

Although some (most?) games share trophies between regions. Final Fantasy XIII for example.

[quote name='wquach']The extras alone from the European version at a little over $30 make it totally worth it to import. I mean why say no to getting free:

- The Taxidermist DLC
- 3 Dynamic Themes
- 45 Minutes of Extra Behind-the-Scenes footage[/QUOTE]
Just to clarify for anyone seriously considering this, the DLC is actually a voucher that you have to make UK PSN account for to redeem and use. If it was on-disk already, I would have jumped on this version, but having to make a separate account is something I do not want to do.

bread's done
Back