New PS3 greatest hits $29.99 Heavy Rain!

Sweet..... Because there was no way in hell I was going to pay $40 and up for Heavy Rain and God of War 3..

Well I did buy GoW3 for $60 when it first came out but I didn't have any money so I traded it in lol..

[quote name='Don G.']Heavy Rain sold out at Amazon.com? I'm assuming they'll get it back in stock as a greatest hits title with the red box.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. I didn't realize the red boxes bothered me so much until I got Bioshock and Dead Space GH.

I guess I'll go to GS and try to find a used black label copy when they lower the price of the new/used copies.

[quote name='wquach']If anyone's interested in getting the extras not found in the U.S. edition:

http://www.dvd.co.uk/buy/catzzz15937/heavy-rain-move-edition-ps3.htm

With shipping it comes out to be around $32 U.S.

Note, got my game in about 14 days but I could care less for that price and my backlog.[/QUOTE]

thanks! might actually pick this up now i have the regular u.s. version but would prefer this one. did it arrive to you via usps?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']The red case suits well for God of War 3 only[/QUOTE]

any red box is bad. its such a big eyesore. i only have 1 red box on my shelf and that is warhawk. MUST GO TO USED GAMES PLACE AND ASK FOR A CASE AND COVER SWIIIIITCH!

[quote name='technicalstylez']i saw the heavy rain greatest hits at walmart last week. the cover arts is greatest hits but it came with the vanilla case, not red.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up my man! That is at least tolerable...Batman: AA GOTY Greatest Hits is exactly like this, the GH banner is in the cover art, but the case is the vanilla clear case. I consider myself a collector, and prefer black label cover art, but I can tolerate it a bit if the case is at least the clear case. Those red cases are really an eye-sore.

It just goes to show that marketing departments know nothing, and actually are a detriment to the sale figures of GH titles. People are not drawn to purchase a game because of it's color...just simply its price -- especially in this information age.

[quote name='artego']Just to clarify for anyone seriously considering this, the DLC is actually a voucher that you have to make UK PSN account for to redeem and use. If it was on-disk already, I would have jumped on this version, but having to make a separate account is something I do not want to do.[/QUOTE]

So it is like Uncharted 2 GOTY, where all of the DLC has to be downloaded with a voucher?

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']The red case suits well for God of War 3 only[/QUOTE]

and dantes inferno as well as mgs4. try putting the covers inside a red case if u don't believe me.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Thanks for the heads-up my man! That is at least tolerable...Batman: AA GOTY Greatest Hits is exactly like this, the GH banner is in the cover art, but the case is the vanilla clear case. I consider myself a collector, and prefer black label cover art, but I can tolerate it a bit if the case is at least the clear case. Those red cases are really an eye-sore.

It just goes to show that marketing departments know nothing, and actually are a detriment to the sale figures of GH titles. People are not drawn to purchase a game because of it's color...just simply its price -- especially in this information age.[/QUOTE]

no prob dude. the red cases do look awkward, but work well with certain covers whose color schemes are a limited palette of black/white/grey and accented with red... ie dantes inferno, gow3, mgs4, etc. try putting of those covers in a red case and see if u like it just for fun.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Thanks for the heads-up my man! That is at least tolerable...Batman: AA GOTY Greatest Hits is exactly like this, the GH banner is in the cover art, but the case is the vanilla clear case. I consider myself a collector, and prefer black label cover art, but I can tolerate it a bit if the case is at least the clear case. Those red cases are really an eye-sore.

It just goes to show that marketing departments know nothing, and actually are a detriment to the sale figures of GH titles. People are not drawn to purchase a game because of it's color...just simply its price -- especially in this information age.[/QUOTE]
I notice that most Greatest Hits titles go through "phases" as the new cases get distributed to retail:

Phase 1: A game is announced as a Greatest Hits title (start of transition)
Phase 2: The last of the regular black-label shipments get a GH sticker put on top of the shrink-wrap (actual case and cover art is still non-GH)
Phase 3: The cover art is GH but the case is the vanilla clear case (what you've observed)
Phase 4: Both the cover art and case are GH (end of transition)

Sometimes it skips over from phase one to phase four, so best to try and get a hold of the game at this price before this apparent third phase is over and the transition gets completed. :)

[quote name='AJVtony831']thanks! might actually pick this up now i have the regular u.s. version but would prefer this one. did it arrive to you via usps?[/QUOTE]

I believe so. It came with my regular mail. Just be patient since for some people who've shopped at dvd.co.uk, things arrive in 5-7 days, while others like me had to wait 2 weeks (that's international shipping for ya!).

As for comments of the voucher, I'm not sure if this is true or not, given that my copy is still unopened (I'm away at school right now...had it shipped home).

The EU blog states that the extras are "on the disk."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/09/13/heavy-rain-move-edition-is-coming/

I'll confirm/refute this tonight when I have my little brother open up the game.

And even if they aren't/if it's a redeemable voucher, taking just 30 seconds to make an account is in my eyes, worth the extras. Not to mention the future ability to purchase European PSN releases/demos etc. (Vagrant Story for example).

To the people that did pick it up, you're welcome! I have been scouting for the Euro. Move release ever since I felt burned by the fact that the U.S. "Move Edition" was a letdown and just repackaged without the extras. It was then a matter of time of waiting and checking for a price drop. That and Amazon UK doesn't ship to the U.S.

Along with R&C: Quest for Booty and The Ultimate Burnout Collection, the Prince of Persia HD Collection is also at a decent price (comes out to ~$30) which beats the $15 a piece price on PSN, or the upcoming U.S. disc release.

I'll definitely be picking up god of war 3 eventually. Since it is a greatest hit now it is going to stay at that price or lower

[quote name='artego']Just to clarify for anyone seriously considering this, the DLC is actually a voucher that you have to make UK PSN account for to redeem and use. If it was on-disk already, I would have jumped on this version, but having to make a separate account is something I do not want to do.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get this information?

The extras are "on the disk."

Even says it on Amazon UK as a "bonus disk."
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Heavy-Rain-Move-Edition-PS3/dp/B003Y73Q2A

You may be referring to the earlier released Heavy Rain Special Edition where a voucher was needed to receive the soundtrack due to the soundtrack arriving after the game's release.

Like I said earlier, I'll try to get my brother to open the game and confirm this tonight...

I have my $20 amazon credit from preordering Killzone 3 so when Amazon gets Heavy Rain back in stock, its mine.

[quote name='wquach']I believe so. It came with my regular mail. Just be patient since for some people who've shopped at dvd.co.uk, things arrive in 5-7 days, while others like me had to wait 2 weeks (that's international shipping for ya!).

As for comments of the voucher, I'm not sure if this is true or not, given that my copy is still unopened (I'm away at school right now...had it shipped home).

The EU blog states that the extras are "on the disk."

I'll confirm/refute this tonight when I have my little brother open up the game.

And even if they aren't/if it's a redeemable voucher, taking just 30 seconds to make an account is in my eyes, worth the extras. Not to mention the future ability to purchase European PSN releases/demos etc. (Vagrant Story for example).

To the people that did pick it up, you're welcome! I have been scouting for the Euro. Move release ever since I felt burned by the fact that the U.S. "Move Edition" was a letdown and just repackaged without the extras. It was then a matter of time of waiting and checking for a price drop. That and Amazon UK doesn't ship to the U.S.

Along with R&C: Quest for Booty and The Ultimate Burnout Collection, the Prince of Persia HD Collection is also at a decent price (comes out to ~$30) which beats the $15 a piece price on PSN, or the upcoming U.S. disc release.[/QUOTE]
thanks! first time ordering from overseas so don't know what to expect in terms of shipping speed. I don't need it right away anyways so I can wait.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i saw the heavy rain greatest hits at walmart last week. the cover arts is greatest hits but it came with the vanilla case, not red.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure once Sony runs out of the clear cases for this game it will go to the red cases....

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I'm sure once Sony runs out of the clear cases for this game it will go to the red cases....[/QUOTE]

Sony appears to be done with using red cases for all the newest GH games.

Ordered a copy of Heavy Rain from Amazon when the deal was posted. Not only was the case the standard release case, but it also didn't have the move logo on it. It appears Amazon was clearing out the stock in preparation for the greatest hits copies.

[quote name='Thrinn']Sony appears to be done with using red cases for all the newest GH games.[/QUOTE]

If that was true, Sony woudn't have shown mockup box designs in red as pictured here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...t-hits-titles-available-now-3/comment-page-2/

Sony waits to exaust through their existing inventory (with the original box art) before introducing the red box version. In the meantime, Sony puts Greatest Hits stickers on their existing inventory...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']If that was true, Sony woudn't have shown mockup box designs in red as pictured here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...t-hits-titles-available-now-3/comment-page-2/

Sony waits to exaust through their existing inventory (with the original box art) before introducing the red box version. In the meantime, Sony puts Greatest Hits stickers on their existing inventory...[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be the first time Sony's marketing department made a mistake. They've got their own people publishing the jailbreak code on Twitter.

I've seen the GOTY version of Batman all over the place with printed GH covers in clear boxes. They're not just GH stickers, either. Either they're changing their approach to the appearance of their entire GH line or red boxes are now reserved for PS3-exclusive GH.

[quote name='Thrinn']It wouldn't be the first time Sony's marketing department made a mistake. They've got their own people publishing the jailbreak code on Twitter.

I've seen the GOTY version of Batman all over the place with printed GH covers in clear boxes. They're not just GH stickers, either. Either they're changing their approach to the appearance of their entire GH line or red boxes are now reserved for PS3-exclusive GH.[/QUOTE]Do you happen to have a picture of this? If thats the case I'll wait until all the GH games I want get the change.

[quote name='Thrinn']It wouldn't be the first time Sony's marketing department made a mistake. They've got their own people publishing the jailbreak code on Twitter.

I've seen the GOTY version of Batman all over the place with printed GH covers in clear boxes. They're not just GH stickers, either. Either they're changing their approach to the appearance of their entire GH line or red boxes are now reserved for PS3-exclusive GH.[/QUOTE]
I have yet to see any GH games with the GH cover art in clear cases. I have only seen a handful a GH cover art GOTY Batman games and all of them have been in red cases.

I can confirm that there are GH covers in clear cases. Saw a batman:AA in one a couple days ago at best buy.

I've seen the GOTY version of Batman all over the place with printed GH covers in clear boxes. They're not just GH stickers, either. Either they're changing their approach to the appearance of their entire GH line or red boxes are now reserved for PS3-exclusive GH.[/QUOTE]

I have see the GOTY Batman GH with the clear cases initially, but they are now appearing in the red cases too. Again, it must be an issue of not having enough red cases in inventory at the time of distribution...

[quote name='wquach']Like I said earlier, I'll try to get my brother to open the game and confirm this tonight...[/QUOTE]
If you haven't confirmed it yet, then don't say I'm wrong.

[quote name='artego']If you haven't confirmed it yet, then don't say I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed it, you're wrong.

On top of that, I already provided links contrary to your statements, and it was in fact you who tried to state to everyone purchasing it that it came with the voucher code, despite the contrary.

Maybe you shouldn't be the one stating false information without the actual game itself.

[quote name='artego']If you haven't confirmed it yet, then don't say I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed it, you're wrong. And I didn't originally say you were wrong, I questioned the legitimacy of your statement since you provided absolutely no evidence to back up your claim. I even tried giving you the benefit of the doubt by saying you might have been referring to the special edition.

But whatever, I already provided links contrary to your statements (from the official Playstation EU blog). I just don't appreciate spreading false information to detract others from a purchase when you neither have the actual game itself nor any evidence.

The game comes with one disc, no voucher. Extras are on the disc.

If you want proof, I can take a picture, but the people who will get the game soon can back up what I said.

*edit* Even better, here's a video/proof of the game unboxed. The guy even flips thru the whole manual. No voucher. The second part goes to the game's extra menu and shows all the additional content, incl. The Taxidermist.

(And to the people that bought it, don't worry, the vid's the French version but the U.K. version is exactly the same but in English.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjtbfduQueI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zydc4owwesc

The current GH version of Heavy Rain I saw is currently in the standard Blu-Ray case with a GH sticker on the top-front edge of the box. There is also an addtional sticker on the box stating one can download the bonus Taxidermist episode on PSN. I'm fairly certain it is not free, you still have to pay for it...

[quote name='wquach']Confirmed it, you're wrong. And I didn't originally say you were wrong, I questioned the legitimacy of your statement since you provided absolutely no evidence to back up your claim. I even tried giving you the benefit of the doubt by saying you might have been referring to the special edition.

But whatever, I already provided links contrary to your statements (from the official Playstation EU blog). I just don't appreciate spreading false information to detract others from a purchase when you neither have the actual game itself nor any evidence.

If you want proof, I can take a picture, but the people who will get the game soon can back up what I said.

*edit* Even better, here's a video/proof of the game unboxed. The guy even flips thru the whole manual. No voucher. The second part goes to the game's extra menu and shows all the additional content, incl. The Taxidermist.

(And to the people that bought it, don't worry, the vid's the French version but the U.K. version is exactly the same but in English.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjtbfduQueI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zydc4owwesc[/QUOTE]

Nice videos! I think im gonna order the move edition. I found a brand new one on ebay for only $33

The jailbreak Twitter post was not the actual code/key. That was confirmed right that very moment.

In any case, the Greatest Hits will be red cases when current shipments are depleted. In the meantime, stores put red labels over the package and received old shipments with the red labels. In some cases, some companies send cover-arts with the 'Greatest Hits' stuff, so the stores can swipe the cover. In other cases, the publisher send a few copies with the label first, while later shipments come with red cases/etc.

Depends on the store it seems.
Once those are depleted, if the stores order more copies they will get red cases.

Happened with PSone, PS2 and PSP Greatest Hits too (the adding labels on top). It's usually done, so stores avoid selling the games at higher prices after the new official MSRP is in place.

Not saying that it won't ever change or anything, just that is the way it's been like for years. Labels first, different covers sometimes, once those end they start shipping with different colored cases (in the case of PS3 games).

[quote name='Collectordragon']Anyone buy Heavy Rain at Amazon in the past few days? I wonder if they still have any of the non-GH packaging?[/QUOTE]

I ordered it the other day from them and will have it on Monday. I'll be sure to post on the packaging once I get it.

Got my copy today from Amazon, regular packaging with a Red Greatest Hits Stickers on the wrap. I really wasn't going to be upset if it came in a red box, but always nice to avoid it.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']anyone having trouble finding Heavy rain at best buy? the girl told me they don't even have the game in the computer inventory, only preowned.[/QUOTE]
I went every single day after work and sometimes during my lunch break to see if they had this game. It was never to be found.

I asked the guy restocking the shelves about it and he said the game got pretty popular when they announced the buy 2 get 1 free gh deals. He told me to come back later in the day as they restock stuff randomly throughout the day and he didn't understand why his store only gets about 1 or 2 copies at a time.

[quote name='wquach']Confirmed it, you're wrong. And I didn't originally say you were wrong, I questioned the legitimacy of your statement since you provided absolutely no evidence to back up your claim. I even tried giving you the benefit of the doubt by saying you might have been referring to the special edition.

[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this...there was only the manual, origami paper, and the disc...no voucher.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Thanks, I decided to order a copy for myself. I wonder why they don't just use the GH stickers indefinitely rather than change the packaging?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it is more expensive to use stickers in the long run. That is why it is only used in the transition from clear box to red box...

[quote name='Donutkid2222']anyone having trouble finding Heavy rain at best buy? the girl told me they don't even have the game in the computer inventory, only preowned.[/QUOTE]

I actually went to 3 best buy stores during the b2g1 sale. Only 1 of those 3 didn't have Heavy Rain. The first store I tried was in Cedar Hill, TX, and they were out of stock. I bought what seemed to be the last copy at a Best Buy in Conroe, TX. Went to Best Buy in League City, TX the next day (last day of the sale) and they had 6 copies on the shelf. I guess it depends on the area.

[quote name='jaide']I actually went to 3 best buy stores during the b2g1 sale. Only 1 of those 3 didn't have Heavy Rain. The first store I tried was in Cedar Hill, TX, and they were out of stock. I bought what seemed to be the last copy at a Best Buy in Conroe, TX. Went to Best Buy in League City, TX the next day (last day of the sale) and they had 6 copies on the shelf. I guess it depends on the area.[/QUOTE]
on the bestbuy.com website, their is no item listed for heavy rain, just the pre owned on, and the girl at the store had the same thing, she told me best buy as of right now doesn't "recognize" heavy rain new, and had no idea if they were going to even have them shipped. Sucks because I used the buy 2 get one free deal, and told them I buying MAG and going to come back and return it for Heavy Rain when it's in stock, time is running out!

During the B2G1 GH sale I visited 3 BB's and called 2 more and none had it. later came to find out that in my STATE, only 2 stores had it. Have no idea why Heavy Rain was not stocked but it definitely was not in stock anywhere around me except 1 copy pre-owned. Those near BB's who had it are lucky, lucky, lucky.

I'll be ordering it shortly via Amazon as soon as my $20 promotion credit from Top Spin hits my account.

bread's done
Back