NEW Rock Band Beatles Special Value Bundle - w/ Edge + CAG16 $60.xx + S/H + Tax @ GS

[quote name='JJSP']My friend placed an order for this the other day using my account and Edge card, and now I'm getting emails from them saying they can't verify the card. Trying to fix everything to make it work.[/QUOTE]

Why would you want to "fix it" at this point? They aren't shipping what they said they were.

A friend just received this and they sent him the Beatles Rockband Special Value Edition, definitely not what was advertised. When calling customer service to complain? Disconnected of course. Everytime gamestop runs a deal on gamestop.com something shady happens. I'm getting really tired of their BS. Anyone have any luck getting their orders fixed?

walterweatherman.jpg
…And that's why you don't shop at Gamestop!
Pier_Pressure59.jpg

– J. Walter Weatherman

After talking on the phone for about half an hour and the Customer Service rep yanking his chain my buddy finally convinced him he new they sent him the wrong thing. They claim to be sending the right one, we'll see how that goes.

[quote name='wallcrawler62']After talking on the phone for about half an hour and the Customer Service rep yanking his chain my buddy finally convinced him he new they sent him the wrong thing. They claim to be sending the right one, we'll see how that goes.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. I'll be calling Customer Service in a few minutes. I think it's safe to say at this point I know I won't be getting the right product.

EDIT: Just got off the phone. I explained to a guy the situation, linked him to Google's cache, and he went to go ask some questions to someone else. He came back saying that what was described on the page is what's being shipped to me, but I don't believe it. I'll just have to call back again whenever I actually get the bundle. He did say that if what was shipped to me wasn't what I ordered, I could ship it back and they could send me the right thing, or I could get a full refund. Either way, I'll hate to pay to ship it back to them, but an extra $5 for the right bundle sounds kind of good right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Awesome. I'll be calling Customer Service in a few minutes. I think it's safe to say at this point I know I won't be getting the right product.

EDIT: Just got off the phone. I explained to a guy the situation, linked him to Google's cache, and he went to go ask some questions to someone else. He came back saying that what was described on the page is what's being shipped to me, but I don't believe it. I'll just have to call back again whenever I actually get the bundle. He did say that if what was shipped to me wasn't what I ordered, I could ship it back and they could send me the right thing, or I could get a full refund. Either way, I'll hate to pay to ship it back to them, but an extra $5 for the right bundle sounds kind of good right now.[/QUOTE]
i just called too, its suppose to come in tomorrow, if its not what i ordered, im calling back. amazon has it for 75 dollars with FREE two day shipping. fuck game stop

[quote name='songoku0987']i just called too, its suppose to come in tomorrow, if its not what i ordered, im calling back. amazon has it for 75 dollars with FREE two day shipping. fuck game stop[/QUOTE]
Part of what made this such a good deal was that it was the Rock Band 2 Bundle with Beatles Rock Band thrown in for free- after CAG16+Edge, it came down to about $65+tax shipped. That's a much better deal than Amazon's RB2 Bundle alone, which is $134.54.

This scenario reminds me a while back of when people ordered Lunar: Silver Star Harmony from Best Buy when the LE was being advertised, got the standard edition, and didn't do much about it. The most I remember people doing was going to get a refund in-store. If they had made their voices heard, Best Buy would have likely provided some form of compensation. And I feel the same way about Gamestop. The more people complain about it, the more likely Gamestop will do something about it- especially in this blatant case of false advertising.

Well, maybe I'll end up with the right thing - maybe sone were in error. I could see that happening seeing how they called this a beatles rock band value bundle. Stupid thing to name it given the existing product. Since I picked value shipping it's going to be a while I guess. If it's wrong I'm going to call and ask them to cover the return shipping fee.

[quote name='crunchewy']Well, maybe I'll end up with the right thing - maybe sone were in error. I could see that happening seeing how they called this a beatles rock band value bundle. Stupid thing to name it given the existing product. Since I picked value shipping it's going to be a while I guess. If it's wrong I'm going to call and ask them to cover the return shipping fee.[/QUOTE]
i picked value shipping and they said it was ups 3 day ground

edit... erm... ill post my reaction in a couple days... holy shit

I got an email response and they said you could do returns in store, so if they sent the Beatles RB1 value edition, I'm just going to return it in store.

EDIT: also I found out that my shipping is also via UPS. The funny thing is when you click the tracking link it takes you to USPS, but it says it can't track the number there. So I copied and pasted into the tracking form at ups.com and there it was. Expected delivery date is Friday. I'm starting to feel slightly (emphasis on slightly) hopeful that the initial shipments were in error and maybe mine will be right. Fingers crossed.

I had a few emails with a rep, and he said that I could return it in store, but it looks like the $5 handling fee isn't refundable according to their return policy. I made it clear that I wanted them to send me the RB2 bundle, but all he said was that I can return it either in store or ship it back for a refund. As much as the RB2 drums would have been nice, I think I'm keeping the bundle. I paid with mostly gift cards, and there isn't anything else I really want. I paid $60 (plus tax and the $5 handling). The Beatles is worth $20, the drums $20, the mic $10, and... well the guitar is useless since I already have 3, but I'll give it a $10 value. So, this is still worth keeping for me.

Pending the learning contents of everyone else's shipment, I plan to go to a gamestop store before I open the package, ask a manager to watch as I open the package and show him the contents and the page with the product that I actually order. Anyone think this will give me a few more bargaining chips when trying to get the correct product? I don't want to be accused of trying to scam them by trying to exchange a Beatles Rock Band Special Value Bundle for a RB2 bundle, so I think that opening the package in front of a manager will allow them to see that I did not swap out the contents.

[quote name='dmz5e']Pending the learning contents of everyone else's shipment, I plan to go to a gamestop store before I open the package, ask a manager to watch as I open the package and show him the contents and the page with the product that I actually order. Anyone think this will give me a few more bargaining chips when trying to get the correct product? I don't want to be accused of trying to scam them by trying to exchange a Beatles Rock Band Special Value Bundle for a RB2 bundle, so I think that opening the package in front of a manager will allow them to see that I did not swap out the contents.[/QUOTE]

I'm doubtful they are going to give you a RB2:SE bundle in exchange in store, and they'd also have to give you Beatles: Rock Band unless you open the value edition and pull the copy from there. I think they will balk at that regardless of if you were sent the wrong thing, because *they* didn't send it to you. gamestop.com sent it to you. They'll give you a refund, yes, but probably not an exchange. I think if you're hoping to get them to ship you the correct bundle, you're probably going to have to work with gamestop.com customer service.

Wouldn't the rule about if a company sends you something you didn't order you aren't obligated to return it... wouldn't that apply here? We didn't order the bundle they are sending so they still owe us what we did order, and we aren't obligated to return what they did send us? Not that I need another bundle nor even want it, but if I don't have to bother to return it, all the better. I.e. they can either send us the correct bundle or refund our money, but in neither case are we obligated to return what they did send us. At least I thought that's how it worked.

[quote name='crunchewy']Wouldn't the rule about if a company sends you something you didn't order you aren't obligated to return it... wouldn't that apply here? We didn't order the bundle they are sending so they still owe us what we did order, and we aren't obligated to return what they did send us? Not that I need another bundle nor even want it, but if I don't have to bother to return it, all the better. I.e. they can either send us the correct bundle or refund our money, but in neither case are we obligated to return what they did send us. At least I thought that's how it worked.[/QUOTE]

I really doubt they will send you what you ordered if you aren't going to return what they already sent you...

Just dispute it with your cc company as item received was not as described. If GS does not want to correct their mistake, we will all get to keep a FREE Beatles special value edition.

[quote name='autopiloton']I really doubt they will send you what you ordered if you aren't going to return what they already sent you...[/QUOTE]

They won't want to, but I'm pretty sure we are not obligated to return it and they need to either send the right thing or refund our money in full (including handling) due to not sending us what we ordered. If they don't refund in full we can dispute the charges as noted.

EDIT: I'm not out to screw GS, I just want what I ordered, and without a hassle. As I noted, I don't want the RB1 intruments at all. They're just going to take up space, and I'd be happy to return them as long as they pay for shipping, arrange pickup at my door, and send me the correct bundle, or give a full refund including handling. If they won't refund the handling charge I'll dispute the charges instead. I'm not paying them $5 for nothing. I hope I end up with the right bundle in the first place, thus making this all moot!

[quote name='crunchewy']They won't want to, but I'm pretty sure we are not obligated to return it and they need to either send the right thing or refund our money in full (including handling) due to not sending us what we ordered. If they don't refund in full we can dispute the charges as noted.[/QUOTE]

GameStop will claim it was a mistake and ask you to return the incorrect item so they can send you the correct one. If you refuse to send it back but still file a complaint, they will surely bring to light that they asked you to send back the incorrect item so they could send you the right thing and you refused. The most filing a complaint would do is pressure them into paying for return shipping (if they didn't initially offer) and maybe get them to give you some small discount. Unless GameStop really doesn't care about this inventory and just lets it go as a loss, which I highly doubt would happen, you're not going to get to keep the wrong thing and still get the correct item.

You might be right. There might be some legal bullshit that you can twist into you getting the RB2 set with Beatles Rock Band without having to return the value bundle, but what does it matter? Are you really going to hire a lawyer and go against the team of corporate lawyers GameStop has over a $60 RockBand game? I'm guessing no.

If you're really that unhappy and don't want to pay return shipping, just return it at a B&M location. So you wasted some gas and had to be hassled with driving to GameStop. Sucks, but that's the way it goes.

People always want to twist this customer is always right nonsense into why the company should give them much more than they deserve.

Still having issues with the credit card. Nothing shipped yet.

Customer service confirmed it's the Beatles Rock Band disc + Rock Band 1 instruments, and gave me a $20 off coupon to make up for it.

[quote name='druggie218']I just recd my Special Value Edition, called GS and they are issuing a FULL refund and told me to KEEP the item.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's awesome. I hope the same thing happens to me. I'd prefer a free bundle over what I ordered any day. :p

autopiloton - you make it sound like we're the ones who advertised one thing and shipped something entirely different. I don't want Rick band 1 instruments and as I says I'd be happy to return it, but only if they either ship me the right thing or issue a full refund including handling fee. Why should I pay anything at all for something I didn't order and don't want?

I ordered the set as a gift. My friends are non gamers and wouldn't care whether its RB2 or the Beatles set, but regardless, i'll be upset if I dont get what I ordered.

[quote name='druggie218']I just recd my Special Value Edition, called GS and they are issuing a FULL refund and told me to KEEP the item.[/QUOTE]

I'd be suprised if they actually followed through on that. Even if a rep said they would issue a full refund I'll bet if their supervisor notices either A. you just got that employee fired or B. your not gonna see a refund. In either case here's to hoping for you

[quote name='randomthinker']:( Sorry this deal got so fucked.[/QUOTE]
Ah, it's fine. It seems like Gamestop is willing to provide some form of at least partial compensation, so it's all good.

Full text of the email I got from Gamestop customer service.

"We regret to inform you that The Beatles: Rock Band Special Value Bundle
does not include Rock Band 2 with wireless accessories as stated on the
product page. The bundle actually includes Rock Band 1 with wired
accessories. Please accept our sincere apology for this misinformation
and a coupon for $20 off your next GameStop.com order for the
inconvenience."

Hmph. I guess it's up to the buyer whether the "restitution" is worth it. I mean, $40 isn't bad for RB1 instruments and the Beatles RB, but it definitely ain't what they sold... I feel sorry for you guys having to decide. And I'm glad I got the Beatles RB Limited Edition from Target for $62.xx :)

okay since someone else got a full refund, ill admit i did too

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We have researched this advertisement with our website team and found
that there was an error. We deeply apologize for the miscommunication.
For your efforts, we have requested that the order be refunded. You may
keep the games at no expense to you. Please note that this will take
3-5 business days for the credit to appear.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

now i just got an email with a 20 off code... i better get my refund

I just got that $20 off coupon, which is probably being emailed to everybody that ordered the bundle, whether you've contacted them or not. That's good enough for me, although I actually sent one last email asking for compensation for the error, hoping to get the $20 off thing, which they had sent through the email to everybody. $40 for the bundle is good to me.

I got the $20 coupon email too. There is no mention of any other compensation. I'm going to contact them and request a refund.

Worse - the $20 coupon actually has restrictions: "Please note that this single use code will not apply to gift cards or video game consoles."

Nice. Why can't we use it for anything? Ridiculous.

I responded to the email asking fir RB2:SE to be sent to me or to receive a full refund including handling. I'm nit sure if responding directly to the email will work or not. I hope they respond satisfactorily.l, since up to this point I've been very happy with Gamestop. This token $20 restricted coupon as their response isn't sitting well with me.

[quote name='crunchewy']Worse - the $20 coupon actually has restrictions: "Please note that this single use code will not apply to gift cards or video game consoles."

Nice. Why can't we use it for anything? Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Well, you can use it for anything to return for credit that can be used on anything. :p

I sent customer service an e-mail right before I got my $20 coupon e-mail. I'm hoping they offer me something else. I straight up said that what they did was grounds for a lawsuit, so I'm hoping customer satisfaction is what's on their minds now. XD;

fuck yeah. Just got this e-mail back. :D

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We are issuing you a full refund for your order, please feel free to
keep the items we sent you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may
have caused.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best regards,
Tim
Customer Service Agent

Gamestop is winning best game retailer of the year on my end. ^_^

I just got a response. They asked for my order number and promised a full refund like others are getting, with no need to return it. I sent a replay with the order number. Great final response Gamestop!

FYI, the $20 one use coupon does NOT combine with the 25% and 10% off coupons, which is too bad, because if it did I would order RB2:SE and end up with the bundle I wanted for about the sane price. I might still buy it for $104 something+tax, but I wonder if it won't drop to $99.99 somewhere again anyway, and without tax. Hmm.

funny thing is that i won a used bundle for 25 bucks on ebay, gonna flip my rock band 2 on amazon for 18 bucks, so two bundles for the price of 10 bucks, plus i ordered smash hits and silencers for 6 bucks

I got the message about the full refund and keeping my order too. They mentioned a full refund for my entire order.. Does this mean that they'll even refund the price of the copy of MGS4 that I bought with it? Oh I can only hope..

I wasn't offered to keep it with a refund. They said that I got the $20 coupon for the inconvenience, I said that wasn't good enough and she told me I could return it. I at least got my shipping refunded and can bring the bundle to the store to return.

[quote name='kipz']I wasn't offered to keep it with a refund. They said that I got the $20 coupon for the inconvenience, I said that wasn't good enough and she told me I could return it. I at least got my shipping refunded and can bring the bundle to the store to return.[/QUOTE]

Via email or phone? I'd respond to the email and ask for a refund or for the RB2:SE bundle to be sent. That's what I did and I got the refund and keep it deal. If you don't get it the first time, try again!

[quote name='crunchewy']autopiloton - you make it sound like we're the ones who advertised one thing and shipped something entirely different. I don't want Rick band 1 instruments and as I says I'd be happy to return it, but only if they either ship me the right thing or issue a full refund including handling fee. Why should I pay anything at all for something I didn't order and don't want?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you should have to pay for something you didn't want. Furthermore, I think it should be fixed and no, I don't think you should have to pay for return shipping.

My "oh come on" moment was regarding wanting them to ship you what was displayed and let you keep the wrong item. That's definitely beyond what should be expected. Even more so is the bit about them arranging to not just ship it back but actually pick it up from your door so you wouldn't be hassled at all. Wanting a company to right a wrong is one thing, but voicing how you expect more than a reasonable solution just makes it sound like a temper tantrum.

Obviously, from the previous posts, it is not cost effective for GameStop to pay for return shipping and then try to resell the item, so it seems some people got lucky with keeping the bundle and getting refunded. I'd be awfully surprised if someone gets RB2:SE shipped to them without having to send back the value bundle as opposed to just getting the refund + coupon.

[quote name='crunchewy']Via email or phone? I'd respond to the email and ask for a refund or for the RB2:SE bundle to be sent. That's what I did and I got the refund and keep it deal. If you don't get it the first time, try again![/QUOTE]
Phone, I figured it would yield better results but I'll give e-mail a shot.

FYI, I used the $20 coupon and my Edge card to buy a used complete copy of Assassin's Creed 2 for $5.50 shipped (with 6% tax). I'm going to trade that to Best Buy for $30 credit. My main motivation for doing this is that I want to use it for a Xbox Live 1600 points card, but the coupon won't work on points cards. As a bonus I end up with an extra $10-$5.50 = $4.50 credit at Best Buy. Hopefully that made sense. I mean I get $30 credit, for the cost of $5.50. I may put the extra $10.01 (4.51 of which is profit) toward an iTunes card or I don't know what. Plus I just wanted to test the Best Buy trade-in waters. I've got the value locked in.

I got my Value edition and there's something slightly odd about this whole affair. Allegedly the reason for this sale was that they had all these "damaged" boxes and thus couldn't sell them as new. Well, mine arrived and there is pretty much no damage to the box at all. I guess maybe a slight little dent in the corner if you're *really* anal, but hardly reason not to sell it as new. Just strikes me as a little odd that they advertised these as being damaged boxes and mine isn't damaged. Is anybody's arriving looking like a damaged box?

All the better, of course, but I'm curious if anyone has received a damaged box.

bread's done
Back