NEW Rock Band Beatles Special Value Bundle - w/ Edge + CAG16 $60.xx + S/H + Tax @ GS

[quote name='crunchewy']I got my Value edition and there's something slightly odd about this whole affair. Allegedly the reason for this sale was that they had all these "damaged" boxes and thus couldn't sell them as new. Well, mine arrived and there is pretty much no damage to the box at all. I guess maybe a slight little dent in the corner if you're *really* anal, but hardly reason not to sell it as new. Just strikes me as a little odd that they advertised these as being damaged boxes and mine isn't damaged. Is anybody's arriving looking like a damaged box?

All the better, of course, but I'm curious if anyone has received a damaged box.[/QUOTE]
my box was actually near perfect

[quote name='crunchewy']I got my Value edition and there's something slightly odd about this whole affair. Allegedly the reason for this sale was that they had all these "damaged" boxes and thus couldn't sell them as new. Well, mine arrived and there is pretty much no damage to the box at all. I guess maybe a slight little dent in the corner if you're *really* anal, but hardly reason not to sell it as new. Just strikes me as a little odd that they advertised these as being damaged boxes and mine isn't damaged. Is anybody's arriving looking like a damaged box?

All the better, of course, but I'm curious if anyone has received a damaged box.[/QUOTE]
I think the reason for the sale was becuase the boxes were taking up too much space at the warehouse, and the warning was really just "there MAY be a chance that the box is damaged". Anyway, I sent in an e-mail and just got told that I could request a pre-paid shipping sticker, so I just brought it to the store and returned it.

Anyone get their refund yet? I used all of the money on my edge card for this, and then I tried to use it again and it had about $48 on it. Was that the refund? It wasn't as much as I paid for the bundle or my order.. But it came out of nowhere. I am so confused.

[quote name='dmz5e']Anyone get their refund yet? I used all of the money on my edge card for this, and then I tried to use it again and it had about $48 on it. Was that the refund? It wasn't as much as I paid for the bundle or my order.. But it came out of nowhere. I am so confused.[/QUOTE]

It hasn't shown up on my credit card account yet. It's probably going to take them a few business days to issue it, and then things don't show up on my credit card right away either. If it doesn't show up by Tuesday I'm going to email them again, though.

By the way, I've been enjoying the set. Decided I don't need to upgrade to RB2 instruments. They'd be nice, but then again these use no batteries, and it came with a 4-port USB hub too, so I can hook up guitar, drums and two mics, plus there's another USB port if we want 3 part (and I get another mic - I have two). Also Lego Rock Band (which I also bought) seems to have a better manual calibration feature, or at least it seemed a lot easier then RB1 was when I had it for the PS2, and it seems to have worked well.

I just checked and I got my full refund on the 18th! And I mean FULL. I was also refunded for the purchase price of Lego Rock Band which I ordered along with the bundle. Woohoo! Awesome, Gamestop! I've never been steered wrong by Gamestop before, and still haven't with this outcome. Bravo to them!

Received my refund today as well. Although they only refunded the actual cost of the game, not shipping and taxes. Either way, im not going to make a big stink out of it, the game refund was more than fair. Thanks Gamestop!

[quote name='dmz5e']I got a shipping notification for a gift card. I am now even more confused than I was before.[/QUOTE]
I don't think they can put credit back on your Edge Card without swiping it, so for refunds on credit they just ship you a gift card. They sent me one during the B1G1 when I got charged for both games- they just refunded me the difference.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I don't think they can put credit back on your Edge Card without swiping it, so for refunds on credit they just ship you a gift card. They sent me one during the B1G1 when I got charged for both games- they just refunded me the difference.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Jackie. That makes a lot more sense. I am still trying to figure out where that additional 47.xx came from, but I am not complaining. If I get my full refund on this giftcard and never figure out what it is from, it will just feel like free money to me.

bread's done
Back