Newegg 12/2 December Game Sale

Speaking as one of the people that paid full price for I'd say HS is definitely worth it for $16. However if you don't already have Folklore I'd recommend that over HS.

Ooh, good price on Folklore, unless I've missed something in the past. Demo was nifty and I've heard good things. Think I'll pick it up.

Man, I've bought nothing but cheap PS3 games this year...4 from Amazon, and now this one. My underused PS3 is going to get some quality play-time next year.

[quote name='angelfly']Speaking as one of the people that paid full price for I'd say HS is definitely worth it for $16. However if you don't already have Folklore I'd recommend that over HS.[/QUOTE]

I liked the premise of Folklore, but, man, did it ever get boring and repetitive. Played several hours of it and decided that was enough.

I got stuck in Heavenly Sword but liked it pretty well up to that point. I mean it looks great, to me it played as well or better than God of War 1 (the only one I've played so far) but had a much better story and acting and stuff. Can't recommend it because I got stuck, but if you're super good at those games...

I really loved Resistance. Most fun I had with a straight FPS in years, until Raven did like Wolfenstein last year I guess and Singularity this year.

I got stuck in Heavenly Sword but liked it pretty well up to that point. I mean it looks great, to me it played as well or better than God of War 1 (the only one I've played so far) but had a much better story and acting and stuff. Can't recommend it because I got stuck, but if you're super good at those games...

I really loved Resistance. Most fun I had with a straight FPS in years, until Raven did like Wolfenstein last year I guess and Singularity this year.

Grab Heavenly Sword, very good game, got it back in 2007. If you don't like the motion control portions of the game just change the controller setting to joystiqs. Plot might have loop holes in initial play, but you can watch the five videos and those will take care of that. Last battle = epic.

[quote name='AwRy108']I liked the premise of Folklore, but, man, did it ever get boring and repetitive. Played several hours of it and decided that was enough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too, i couldnt finish the game, started out great, but after a while i couldnt play anymore.

Is there like a page that lists all of these? Or these are juts ones the OP found?

I hope I don't miss something :D

Thanks, got Heavenly Sword, Folklore, and Resistance. Got a PS3 yesterday, mainly for the 3D support and move looks like it might actually be good for games ... besides I've had a copy of Demon's Souls taunting me from the rack for quite awhile now.

i really enjoyed folklore...it can get repetitive leveling you skills up, but the story was pretty awesome, and im not usually one to grab a game for the story

Heavenly Sword is $14.99 if you can find it at Kmart, for those who don't wanna deal with shipping. Although you may end up paying sales tax in store going that route.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I got stuck in Heavenly Sword but liked it pretty well up to that point. I mean it looks great, to me it played as well or better than God of War 1 (the only one I've played so far) but had a much better story and acting and stuff. Can't recommend it because I got stuck, but if you're super good at those games...

I really loved Resistance. Most fun I had with a straight FPS in years, until Raven did like Wolfenstein last year I guess and Singularity this year.[/QUOTE]

How'd you get stuck? It was a pretty simple game I thought. Was it one of the bow and arrow missions? Those were the only ones I found a little tricky at first, especially the sixaxis stuff, but once I figured out I could zoom in and make subtle changes to the arrows it became my favorite part.

Hmm, these are pretty good prices, but I have such a huge backlog... What's the guess on these games dropping even lower over the coming year?

Picked up folklore and katamari forever for $30.98 shipped. I've passed on better deals on these games lately and regretted it after reading the reviews and figured they can't get much cheaper than this. More to add to my ever growing backlog.

[quote name='timobkg']Hmm, these are pretty good prices, but I have such a huge backlog... What's the guess on these games dropping even lower over the coming year?[/QUOTE]

The only game I don't see dropping much is Folklore, and maybee Heavenly Sword too. Everything else there has been cheaper before I believe.

Heavenly Sword and the Uncharted games are the only ones that have made me keep wondering whether I want a PS3. Unfortunately, that's probably not enough to get me to drop so much on a new console. I'm too poor at the moment (law school costs too much).

That said, HS is a beautiful game (though I sort of hate the ending). I hope that by the time I do get a PS3, I can pick it up for less than $10, and that Sony will have released an Uncharted trilogy pack for $20-$30 ;-)

[quote name='ssjmichael']The only game I don't see dropping much is Folklore, and maybee Heavenly Sword too. Everything else there has been cheaper before I believe.[/QUOTE]
Heh, those are the two I'm considering getting.

[quote name='timobkg']Heh, those are the two I'm considering getting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't see them really dropping any time soon so I picked them up.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I got stuck in Heavenly Sword but liked it pretty well up to that point. I mean it looks great, to me it played as well or better than God of War 1 (the only one I've played so far) but had a much better story and acting and stuff. Can't recommend it because I got stuck, but if you're super good at those games...

I really loved Resistance. Most fun I had with a straight FPS in years, until Raven did like Wolfenstein last year I guess and Singularity this year.[/QUOTE]

how do u get stuck in heavenly sword? this game is completely linear with no sidetracking... lol

folklore is one of those games that if you dont like the first hour of gameplay then you wont like the game at all, i found it to be very boring, i recommend heavenly sword over folklore

I actually quite enjoyed Folklore.

It could've used more of a budget flushing out cutscenes and perhaps, more liberal use of voice acting but the gameplay is solid and I think it's one of the few games that did a good at using the six-axis function.

A good buy at that price in my book.

Boy I thought Heavenly Sword was utter garbage. I got it for 10 bucks and felt ripped off. It's unresponsive, clunky, and repetitive. There's a slowness to each attack that's annoying. It was one of those games that was made to try to prove what the PS3 could do early on. It failed IMO. You'd do better to get either of the Ninja Gaiden Sigmas or Bayonetta if you want a great action game with excellent controls.

Or check out that group's new effort, Enslaved: Odyessey to the West. It's much better. Facial animation is even better and that was the best thing Heavenly Sword had going for it.

Wait... it did have also that Fox guy and his line, "I LOOOOOVE... STYYYYYYYYYLE." That was... something. Not to mention the "Sacred genitals" line from Anthony Serkis... that was a weird and bad game.

It barely used the motion controls though-just for one specific thing, and you could (and should) disable it. I like it MUCh more than what I've played of those Ninja Gaiden games, and didn't notice anything with it being unresponsive or clunky, and less repetitive than other games in the genre.

[quote name='Wolfpup']It barely used the motion controls though-just for one specific thing, and you could (and should) disable it. I like it MUCh more than what I've played of those Ninja Gaiden games, and didn't notice anything with it being unresponsive or clunky, and less repetitive than other games in the genre.[/QUOTE]

Then I'd have to say that you haven't played enough action games :)

Heavenly Sword was better when it came out in what? 07 or 08. Played it then and was impressed, played it last year and couldn't get through it...

Big thanks to OP for pointing out Folklore, as well as Twizz for making sure I knew about it, been waiting for it to drop quite a while.

Played God of War 3 before heavenly sword and not worth $15. Plus the "acting" and voice work were unbearable at times. No trophies and annoying final boss put this game on the shelf. Don't waste your time playing HS unless you have literally nothing else to play.

I really enjoyed Heavenly Sword last year around this time. It was the first demo I ever downloaded and although short I liked it and figured I'd wait for a price drop and eventually got it. I'm not normally a fan of sixaxis motion stuff but it was the best of any game I had played at the time. Controlling the arrows with the controller just felt good.

[quote name='mitnosi']Big thanks to OP for pointing out Folklore, as well as Twizz for making sure I knew about it, been waiting for it to drop quite a while.[/QUOTE]

NP, I was going to order a copy for you if I didn't hear from ya.

These aren't very good prices compared to how old these are. These have gone on temporary sales at Gamestop and at Kmart for 9.99. I wouldn't bite on it for 16.99. And yes heavenly sword is quite hard but a very good game.

I liked Heavenly Sword for what it was. It's sort of a happier God of War. The combat is pretty fun - I found the three weapons in one concept rather neat. The puzzle scenes are bad - they all more or less boil down to throwing hats at gongs. The story is cliche and the writing is poor at times. Overall it's a pretty decent action game to kill some hours with, and I think $16 is a good price if you're interested. I wouldn't go in expecting the rich experience of God of War - the highlight in HS is the combat, the rest is pretty phoned in.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Picked up folklore and katamari forever for $30.98 shipped. I've passed on better deals on these games lately and regretted it after reading the reviews and figured they can't get much cheaper than this. More to add to my ever growing backlog.[/QUOTE]

same picked up both

[quote name='BigSexy7947']These aren't very good prices compared to how old these are. These have gone on temporary sales at Gamestop and at Kmart for 9.99. I wouldn't bite on it for 16.99. And yes heavenly sword is quite hard but a very good game.[/QUOTE]
I've never seen Folklore for this cheap in my area or online so I had to grab.

I really enjoyed Heavenly Sword. Not very long and no replay value, but a solid single playthrough. Nice graphics and I really enjoyed the Sixaxis parts, although I think I'm the only person. For $20 or under, I'd definitely give it a 8/10.

bread's done
Back