Newegg 12/2 December Game Sale

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']These are definitely not sale prices, in fact these prices SUCK ![/QUOTE]

Awesome! Please provide a link to Folklore and Katamari for cheaper (with free shipping). :applause:

[quote name='Be3fJerky']

I've heard good things about Heavenly sword, is it worth it at $16?

[/QUOTE]

I'm not a PS3 hater at all, but I think Heavenly Sword is one of the most overrated games on the system. I found the game to be dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. The story is ok, the voice acting is great, and that's the best thing I can say about it. Playing the game, and the screen tearing/graphics are all just bad. The way the game plays is the worst part though. Frustrating boss battles, odd battle mechanics, and hey, when the sixaxis stuff is the best thing in the game...well...that speaks for itself. I don't know why I played the game all of the way through, but I regret it.

[quote name='charlescheese']I'm not a PS3 hater at all, but I think Heavenly Sword is one of the most overrated games on the system. I found the game to be dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. The story is ok, the voice acting is great, and that's the best thing I can say about it. Playing the game, and the screen tearing/graphics are all just bad. The way the game plays is the worst part though. Frustrating boss battles, odd battle mechanics, and hey, when the sixaxis stuff is the best thing in the game...well...that speaks for itself. I don't know why I played the game all of the way through, but I regret it.[/QUOTE]
Definitely not as good as hyped, but an okay game. The screen tearing was pretty bad though.

[quote name='wrencrest']Definitely not as good as hyped, but an okay game. The screen tearing was pretty bad though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I don't usually let little things like that bother me. Besides, Kristanna Loken as a redhead makes me tingly.

Thanks OP. In for Heavenly Sword. Add one more to the huge backlog. My brain still hasn't figured out that I'm an adult with a 40+ hour a week job and a wife and kids. It still thinks I'm a teenager with a ton of free time so yet again I purchase another game that I probably don't have time for. I think if I don't buy another game for three years I might be able to get through my current backlog :)

[quote name='Be3fJerky']

I've heard good things about Heavenly sword, is it worth it at $16?
[/QUOTE]

I think it is. I have played thru the first God of War and I personally enjoyed Heavenly Sword more. There's some use of the Sixaxis which I think is good.

Is it just me or does newegg Shipping sucks?

ordered on Sunday, my order is still sitting in one place........like 9 days to receive the order....im gonna stick from buying with Amazon from now on....with amazon prime ofcourse.

[quote name='pugs1208']Thanks OP. In for Heavenly Sword. Add one more to the huge backlog. My brain still hasn't figured out that I'm an adult with a 40+ hour a week job and a wife and kids. It still thinks I'm a teenager with a ton of free time so yet again I purchase another game that I probably don't have time for. I think if I don't buy another game for three years I might be able to get through my current backlog :)[/QUOTE]

I've done a much better job this gen of not going crazy with my backlog. However, that wasn't the case with the PS2. I had way too many games in backlog that I never got to (and never will). At the time, I just couldn't pass up a deal, and this was before I found CAG. I never passed up an opportunity to increase my backlog through Gamestop and Circuit City's B2G1 sales.

[quote name='ral1121']Is it just me or does newegg Shipping sucks?

ordered on Sunday, my order is still sitting in one place........like 9 days to receive the order....im gonna stick from buying with Amazon from now on....with amazon prime ofcourse.[/QUOTE]
Some places don't bother sending a 'shipped' email or notice to you and Thanksgiving holiday just passed, so chances are the package IS en route but is stuck somewhere in the clog of mail that got stopped over the long holiday weekend.

Moreover, if you think nine days is bad, try waiting THREE weeks to a month for a package to go from one state to it's neighboring state.

One of my first trade deals here on CAG saw that happen, where a package went from my house(in PA) to either North or South Carolina, when the package was initially intended for Virginia.

I also had another package get sorted, re-sorted and re-re-sorted at the one Boston post office for TWO WEEKS once.

So shit happens, either learn to be patient or stick to a company you think can get you the items you want on your timetable.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Some places don't bother sending a 'shipped' email or notice to you and Thanksgiving holiday just passed, so chances are the package IS en route but is stuck somewhere in the clog of mail that got stopped over the long holiday weekend.

Moreover, if you think nine days is bad, try waiting THREE weeks to a month for a package to go from one state to it's neighboring state.

One of my first trade deals here on CAG saw that happen, where a package went from my house(in PA) to either North or South Carolina, when the package was initially intended for Virginia.

I also had another package get sorted, re-sorted and re-re-sorted at the one Boston post office for TWO WEEKS once.

So shit happens, either learn to be patient or stick to a company you think can get you the items you want on your timetable.[/QUOTE]

true...patience is key

I once had to wait a month a half for my xbox 360 to be back from repairs.
it wasnt a pretty experience.

Il just see what happens with my order, it was my first purchase from newegg too.

[quote name='ral1121']Is it just me or does newegg Shipping sucks?[/QUOTE]

By and large, I'd say it's just you. This is from a guy who has built a couple of computers and done tons of upgrades, with parts purchased piecemeal from them. Heck, I put in 3 orders just since Black Friday.

Thing about Newegg is that they have warehouses all over the place. Which is why they generally don't combine shipping charges. And it means that some stuff arrives next day (I've had that happen a lot) and some stuff takes a week or two.

I always assume some stuff will get delayed when ordering during the busiest times of the year, like BF. :)

Bummer, I really expected some better deals from Newegg. They had some awesome $10 games last year. Oh well, my backlog is pretty big anyway.

I rented Heavenly Sword when it first came out from Gamefly. Great character but the game was short and ugh, the "twing twang" parts were nothing but irritating...at least for me. I did enjoy the game and would like it if they made a sequel.

Once you figure out that the Sixaxis mode can be turned off, HS plays and controls great.

The only reason I bought Enslaved was because of HS being so good.

[quote name='ral1121']Is it just me or does newegg Shipping sucks?[/QUOTE]
I've usually had the opposite experience, fantastic free shipping, usually 2 day shipping to MD and NJ, and 4 day to MA. Then again, I'm on the east coast, and their warehouse is in NJ - where I now live, and have to pay taxes. :(

Amazon Prime is great, I usually got 1 day shipping to MD and 2-3 day to NJ. But the regular free shipping is very inconsistent. I've gotten free 2 day shipping to MD before, but I've also had to wait the full 10 or so days.

Chances are you'll dig Heavenly Sword. I thought it was a massive failure in an attempt to make a meaningful, powerful story, but from what I read, I'm in the minority.

Where? Where? I never did see a landing page for this or anything. I needs some more games! 100 game backlogs aren't big enough, and I think I missed...like three :lol:

I assume Resonance of Fate is crap, right? I mean it's a Japanese RPG, and it's not from Sakaguchi or Nintendo or Camelot, so....

For some reason, Folklore won't add to my cart. Matter of fact, I can't add anything to my cart.

Edit: Nevermind. Works now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wolfpup']
I assume Resonance of Fate is crap, right? I mean it's a Japanese RPG, and it's not from Sakaguchi or Nintendo or Camelot, so....[/QUOTE]

RoF is certainly hit or miss, but the three developers you mentioned are definitely not the only decent JRPG developers.

[quote name='sotc1988']Chances are you'll dig Heavenly Sword. I thought it was a massive failure in an attempt to make a meaningful, powerful story, but from what I read, I'm in the minority.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the story is very good either, but does some have the best emotive animations on the ps3, even though it was a near launch title.

[quote name='Wolfpup']
I assume Resonance of Fate is crap, right? I mean it's a Japanese RPG, and it's not from Sakaguchi or Nintendo or Camelot, so....[/QUOTE]

None of the three you've mentioned have made a very good RPG lately...

bread's done
Back