NewEgg Games Cheap AR (PayPal Only)

SubjectNameHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
[quote name='snorlaxgb']i dont get it?
where the deal? have to be a seller?[/QUOTE]

?

You buy from NewEgg using PayPal and they give you a $15 rebate.

These PayPal rebates are one per account, I'd recommend using them on something that would be a good deal without the rebate.

Thanks OP. Browsed the DS section and nothing really stood out (or I already have). Totally forgot about this gem.

$20.01AR for me. Not a killer deal (hey, I'm a CAG), but a good one if all of the word of mouth here is true.

So how does the rebate work? They credit your account after you order? I went ahead and ordered FFVI. Figured what the hey, its better than $25 + tax after GGC at Best Buy.

....I just remembered something...Companies ship GBA titles like they were made of steel and they usually end up completely smashing the box....I think I'll pass on FFVI. With it being my favorite videogame EVER (and I only have the cart for SNES), and in general I like BOXES, but this one is SPECIAL.

*goes to BB*

I love how most of the games listed still have RP - Rating Pending on them. Even games that came out mounths ago.

Tried to nab Lunar Knights, but it's apparently OOS.

[quote name='Ndolger']....I just remembered something...Companies ship GBA titles like they were made of steel and they usually end up completely smashing the box....I think I'll pass on FFVI. With it being my favorite videogame EVER (and I only have the cart for SNES), and in general I like BOXES, but this one is SPECIAL.

*goes to BB*[/quote]

Thanks for reminding me why I don't generally order GBA games... I really was just about to pick up VI!

That is strange - Elite Beat for one is still in stock at $27.99 + shipping. I think the links in the OP are messed up. Just search for the game you want.

-- Oxygen

Ordered Hotel Dusk, since BB is offering a $10 GC for buying both FFVI & FFIII, and with $15 worth of coupons, it nets out to a little more savings.

Can you explain the math a little better? Because I tried really hard to compute how exactly one saves more by doing the Best buy offer instead of this one.
I mean this one is $15 off 30. The best buy is FF3 + FFVI = $70-$15(coupons)=55. how is that cheaper?
[quote name='shrike4242']Ordered Hotel Dusk, since BB is offering a $10 GC for buying both FFVI & FFIII, and with $15 worth of coupons, it nets out to a little more savings.[/QUOTE]

Someone from slickdeals called and:

The $30 CAN'T include shipping...it's spending $30 BEFORE shipping. So, $25 + $5 shipping WON'T work.

[quote name='taras82']Someone from slickdeals called and:

The $30 CAN'T include shipping...it's spending $30 BEFORE shipping. So, $25 + $5 shipping WON'T work.
[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't make sense since you process through PayPal AFTER shipping is added to the price. PayPal will take it as whatever transaction after shipping is included.

Damn, both Hotel Dusk and EBA look tempting... but I need that $15 off for a harddrive. Luckily, it's active for a while so if I don't get a HD, I can get one of those two games instead.

[quote name='imacgod']That wouldn't make sense since you process through PayPal AFTER shipping is added to the price. PayPal will take it as whatever transaction after shipping is included.[/quote]
Well I don't know if it's right or not. I saw it at slickdeals and thought I should post it.

Damn, if only there was free shipping I'd be all over this (not for the DS games but for some other stuff).

[quote name='taras82']Someone from slickdeals called and:

[/QUOTE]

I personally called first thing this morning and they said that it's before shipping only when purchasing through eBay where shipping is handled BY PayPal's interface. Otherwise it's a generic shop transaction for an amount to cover all costs by said shop. They don't know what's what outside of eBay and eBay's companies.

[quote name='io']Damn, if only there was free shipping I'd be all over this (not for the DS games but for some other stuff).[/QUOTE]

(double-reply-post)

NewEgg offers free shipping on some items, not on others. Peruse and you may find a good deal. For instance, I found that one model of microSD card had free shipping while an alternate model by the same manufacturer and of the same size but in newer packaging was $3.99 to ship.

[quote name='foundation']I personally called first thing this morning and they said that it's before shipping only when purchasing through eBay where shipping is handled BY PayPal's interface. Otherwise it's a generic shop transaction for an amount to cover all costs by said shop. They don't know what's what outside of eBay and eBay's companies.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the specifics. I ordered FFVI. I thought I was going to have to wait a long time for a deal on it. Lucky me, I still have the guide for the SNES version.

so i'm expecting along with many others to get screwed by TRU $29.99 pre order of mlb2k7 360. i definitely dont expect them to honor that price, so does that mean we'll be eligible to get the $15 rebate on another purchase instead it this happens?

[quote name='62t']should i get hotel dust or lunar knights?[/QUOTE]
Hotel Dusk, and when you're done with, trade it to me.

just to let you guys know that the rebate will be credited toward you on May 28th so its not neccessarily a long time in terms of rebates but just so you guys know

Anyone mind helping me out with this mathematical confusion?

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Can you explain the math a little better? Because I tried really hard to compute how exactly one saves more by doing the Best buy offer instead of this one.
I mean this one is $15 off 30. The best buy is FF3 + FFVI = $70-$15(coupons)=55. how is that cheaper?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Can you explain the math a little better? Because I tried really hard to compute how exactly one saves more by doing the Best buy offer instead of this one.
I mean this one is $15 off 30. The best buy is FF3 + FFVI = $70-$15(coupons)=55. how is that cheaper?[/QUOTE]

I'll handle this one for you Shrike.

Shrike says BB is giving a $10 GC for FFIII + FFVI (haven't heard of this but I'll take his word for it). There are 2 coupons you can use in addition ($10 off $39.99 for FFIII and $5 off any GBA game for FFVI).

So Best Buy: FFIII + FFVI = $70 - $15 - $10 = $45, or $22.50 each.
Newegg: FFVI = $28 + $5 shipping - $15 PayPal = $18, but then FFIII is $40 (elsewhere), so the average is $29.

Plus, since the PayPal rebate is one per account he can use it on something else (Hotel Dusk). If you JUST want FFVI, go for it - $18 isn't bad at all!

In addition to all that he is taking away the risk of a crushed FFVI box from Newegg shipping buy getting it retail at Best Buy and using Newegg for something more durable (a DS game).

See ive been trying to figure out how that deal in particular worked exactly. Now i do thanks. I dont mean to be rude or Cagtarded, but It wasnt as clear to me as you were. No offense whatsoever to OP of THAT thread
[quote name='io']I'll handle this one for you Shrike.

Shrike says BB is giving a $10 GC for FFIII + FFVI (haven't heard of this but I'll take his word for it). There are 2 coupons you can use in addition ($10 off $39.99 for FFIII and $5 off any GBA game for FFVI).

Newegg: FFVI = $28 + $5 shipping - $15 PayPal = $18, but then FFIII is $40 (elsewhere), so the average is $29.

Plus, since the PayPal rebate is one per account he can use it on something else (Hotel Dusk). If you JUST want FFVI, go for it - $18 isn't bad at all!

In addition to all that he is taking away the risk of a crushed FFVI box from Newegg shipping buy getting it retail at Best Buy and using Newegg for something more durable (a DS game).[/QUOTE]

Hold on, werent most if not all of those coupons not stackable??

[quote name='io']I'll handle this one for you Shrike.

In addition to all that he is taking away the risk of a crushed FFVI box from Newegg shipping buy getting it retail at Best Buy and using Newegg for something more durable (a DS game).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Hold on, werent most if not all of those coupons not stackable??[/QUOTE]

It's Best Buy. YMMV. When I bought DKR and FFVI on Tuesday, they let me use both coupons, and then return DKR and repurchase it with the free gift card I just got, all in the same trip. It's all about hitting them when they're busy, staffed by young girls who don't care, and you don't give them time to really read the coupons.

It would be stupid if I said thats exactly how I got Elite Beat Agents for $7.00. Young Honeydips that had no idea what was going on, and my dad barraging me with his exclusive RZ coupons. [quote name='foundation']It's Best Buy. YMMV. When I bought DKR and FFVI on Tuesday, they let me use both coupons, and then return DKR and repurchase it with the free gift card I just got, all in the same trip. It's all about hitting them when they're busy, staffed by young girls who don't care, and you don't give them time to really read the coupons.[/QUOTE]

You could get two World of Warcraft 2 month time cards for $46.92 after shipping, so after the rebate it comes out to $7.98 per month for 4 months. Not bad if you're a WoW player.

I'm tempted to order that even though I hate rebates with a passion.

Really slow edit: Oh, I'm dumb. I was looking at WoW being $20, not the time cards. Comes out to $10.83 per month with the time cards. Not nearly as sexy.

bread's done
Back