Newegg - Lost: Via Domus (PS3) $5.99 W/ Free Shipping

[quote name='Casteor']Save your money.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem good by any means, but I don't know, for $6 it might be fun to own as a fan of the show.

Definitely considering it.

[quote name='Oceaniax']It doesn't seem good by any means, but I don't know, for $6 it might be fun to own as a fan of the show.

Definitely considering it.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's an incentive if you're a fan of the tv series, but otherwise-- your money and time is well spent somewhere else.

^6 hour game for 6 bucks.If you're a diehard Lost fan then its totally worth it.In fact Ive heard the games Environ's are best on PS3.

The game is terrible but somehow I slugged through all the achievements at the height of my gamerscore addiction. i am not proud of this.

[quote name='PeteyPie75']The game is terrible but somehow I slugged through all the achievements at the height of my gamerscore addiction. i am not proud of this.[/QUOTE]

Ohyeah, and if you're an achievement/trophy wh0re, then this is a quick, cheap game that'll do right?

But even then, I'm not spending my time/money!

[quote name='voidedx']If you loved the hatch from the show, that part of the game was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Run-on sentence. Had to point it out.

I never got into the show. ;)

I actuall enjoyed this game a bit, it's some decent fun if you like adventure games, I'd def. reccommend it at $6, I might buy it and play it again.

As far as it's relation to Lost, it's not bad... I remember reading that they had all sorts of tie-ins in the game that they had to cut out(I think one was the room in the hatch that was cemented off). They couldn't get the whole cast either so you have some pretty noticeable replacements... someone once made a spot-on remark that John Locke sounds like a surly old cowboy in the game

[quote name='Casteor']Run-on sentence. Had to point it out.

I never got into the show. ;)[/QUOTE]

Not a run-on sentence. If it was a run-on, the first part is an incomplete sentence. Voidedx probably should have said "If you loved the hatch from the show, the part of the game with the hatch was awesome." But that would be a bit redundant, and if you did love the hatch from the show, then you would have understood the sentence as it was.

EDIT: Sorry to go off-topic. I played this on PC, and it was OK as a Lost experience but subpar as an adventure game. But for $6, go for it.

[quote name='Casteor']I never got into the show. ;)[/QUOTE]

...then why would you even consider picking up the game? :whistle2:?

Play it for the points/trophies, play it to hear Chief "Dances With Polar Bears" Locke.

P.S. I have a bad, nagging feeling that the ending of this game may have a lot to do with the ending of the series. Not a bad ending, per se, but it would be disappointing to know that Damon (yes, he redid it after not exactly being thrilled with the original Ubisoft ending) spoiled his own show three years early. Only watch (on YouTube, e.g.) if you don't plan on playing the game or don't think someone that smart would do something that stupid.

EDIT: I will also say that this series really, really begs for another game, this one perhaps more of a straight-up Myst rip-off. Or something digitally distributed that downplays the weakass action and ups the mindfuck factor exponentially.

[quote name='argyle']...then why would you even consider picking up the game? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Where did I say that I was considering picking this up?

I been waiting for a price drop of this on the 360. The ps3 version doesnt have trophies only reason im steering away from it. I like lost and ive played this on pc and never beat it. Its worth about $6-7 to me, but i dont wanna pay no $10 for it

[quote name='Casteor']Where did I say that I was considering picking this up?[/QUOTE]

I think the implication was made when you posted in the thread.

Tempting but I think I'm going to pass. Also, I did a quick search and don't think this game has any trophies if anyone was considering getting it for that purpose.

[quote name='Bervda']I think the implication was made when you posted in the thread.[/QUOTE]

Don't think so. That's like saying that you're letting others know that you will purchase a house because you showed up at the open house.

That's some fail logic you have there.

I have never seen an episode of the show. I (regretfully) have slogged thru this game on the X360 just for the achievements. OMFG what a LONG, BORING 5-6 hours that was. And that was with a walkthrough, going directly from point to point and only reading the exact necessary conversations to advance. If you are a super hardcore fan of the show, then you might be able to waste away approximately 10-15 hours just simply wandering around aimlessly and reading every possible branch of dialogue from every character. But the PS3 version does NOT have any trophies, so you literally should not buy this under any circumstance unless you ARE a total hardcore fan of the show and you simply want a game to waste a lot of time on. This game is ZERO fun otherwise. Ugh...

lol at dogbert. "I played this TV show game without seeing the TV show for the cheese and it was a bore!"

It's not really a good game, but if you're a fan of the show it's more than worth that price.

It's not a terrible game. It's just terribly slow-paced, and very boring if you aren't totally devoted to the subject matter. The puzzles are decent, the control is fairly good. The camera flashbacks are a reasonably creative mechanic. If you are a fan of the show, then by all means, great price.

Off-topic: The reason I was going for achievements is funny. There's a guy I work with who is one of those "i'm always right, even when I'm wrong" types of god-to-himself a-holes, and he decides to start bragging about his gamerscore hitting 11,000. Mine was around 4,000 at the time, because I have a large backlog of games from previous generations and I really haven't played many of the current gen yet... so I decided to put him in his place by boosting my gamerscore to 22,000, double as much as his, just to prove how worthless his bragging was. It shut him the hell up, and I got a standing ovation from the rest of my coworkers. :)

Definitely worth it if you love the show like me. There was one part in particular that I hated and the game kind of gave me motion sickness (so does condemned for some reason). If you don't watch the show (at least up to the third season) you probably won't like it. . .

No trophies for Lost:Via Domus. I played Lost (PS3) a couple weeks ago and it's a simple puzzle/adventure game that lasts 6-8 hours. If you're NOT a fan of the show, there's absolutely no reason to play it. If you are a fan, just know that voice actors are used instead of the cast members; also, the game doesn't really expand the mythology or explain any secrets.

picked it up. For $6.48 shipped I figure it's worth it just for a couple hours of exploration and seeing some of the more iconic places from the show.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Whenever someone says "This game is worth $X" when that X is less than 10 bucks, I know the game is complete shit.[/QUOTE]
LOL true. Lost Via Domus might be a slight notch higher than Terminator Salvation though (shudder). At least Lost isn't a broken game...

[quote name='bigredvan14']I really wish this sale was on the 360 version as well...[/QUOTE]

As do I, because getting some extra achievement points would be a nice little bonus. But on the upside the PS3 version seems to have a higher trade-in value, so if you're so inclined pick it up for $5.99, mess with it, and trade it into Amazon for $5.75.

Hmmm, that's not that bad then if I can flip it at a very small loss after I beat it. I'm a Lost nut so I really do wanna play through it just once at some point, especially before the new season starts. Though my 360 is in for repair and I do have a PS3 just sitting here... hmmmmm... How quick does newegg usually ship? I've never bought from there before.

Also, whoever mentioned the ending of the game... I just watched the end on YouTube. I say the odds aren't too shabby that the series will end up that way. Though I really hope it doesn't.

[quote name='bigredvan14']. How quick does newegg usually ship? I've never bought from there before.[/QUOTE]

They're not bad, If you order it tonight it'll ship at the latest by Friday, and newegg's version of FSSS takes between 3 days and a week from that point, depending on how close you are to the warehouse.

Picked up a copy. I can already tell I'm not going to enjoy the game, but for $6 I'll play pretty much anything. I'm just hoping there's a part where you get to punch Locke or something.

Too much! If you're a HUGE Lost fan and just have to play it, even though you know better, go for it as no one is going to talk you out of it and it can't get much cheaper. But you should probably just watch this video and save your money instead.

Edit: Or you know, donate your $6 to the CAG Child's Play fund.

[quote name='Casteor']Don't think so. That's like saying that you're letting others know that you will purchase a house because you showed up at the open house.

That's some fail logic you have there.[/QUOTE]

If you're showing up at an open house without the intention to buy a house, you should question the way you spend your free time.

If someone in your life needs a lump of coal in their stocking, this is the game to get them.

But seriously, $6 is fair but I wouldn't pay a penny more. I'm a huge fan of the show and the hatch sequences in the game are cool, but the lack of voice talent really hurts it. The puzzles are not fun or even creative. It's not even really much of a game. If you are a fan of the show, you can watch the whole game on YouTube and save your $6.

For those that are determined to flush $6 down the drain I will offer you some sage advice on your playthrough. DO NOT waste your time collecting shit to trade to Sawyer for guns and bullets. You can amass a couple hundred rounds and multiple guns but you literally only fire three shots in the game.

i bit. i love the show and always wanted to play this game. i dont give 2 shits about gamerscore or whatnot so the ps3 copy will do me fine (yes i have a 360).
besides i dont even know if i want people to see i played it in gamerscore.

i initiated my trade in with amazon for 5.75. ill prob have this game by monday/tuesday. amazon gives you weeks to get the stuff in, even though they ask you to ship it in 1 week. i figure ill play it, beat it and return it if it sucks that bad. i really love the mythology of the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was pretty decent. Not a 'must play' even for fans of the show, but it's not terrible.

It's a hell of a lot better than Eat Lead and that boomerang game people are getting excited about for $10.

(I should have played the Xbox version though 'cause the Playstation version didn't have trophies ;) )

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Whenever someone says "This game is worth $X" when that X is less than 10 bucks, I know the game is complete shit.[/QUOTE]

Super Mario World is worth $9.

The only thing holding me back is trophies... If this game has a trophy patch, i don't mind paying $10 for it. Without the trophies? Sorry man, not even $1.

[quote name='Casteor']Ohyeah, and if you're an achievement/trophy wh0re, then this is a quick, cheap game that'll do right?

But even then, I'm not spending my time/money![/QUOTE]
correction...

bread's done
Back