Newegg PC Game Sale

[quote name='hero101']Is Quake 4 any good?[/quote]

Don't wast your money. Single player is a bore fest and multi-player is nothing new compared to Quake 3 and UT99.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Don't wast your money. Single player is a bore fest and multi-player is nothing new compared to Quake 3 and UT99.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. I thought the single player game was awesome, I actually enjoyed the game more than Doom 3 (which I also love).

But to each his own. IMO, definitely worth it.

Quake 4's a pretty generic shooter, but it's good. If you just feel like shooting some damn dirty aliens then it's action packed goodness, just don't expect anything beyond damn dirty alien shooting.

In fact, pretty much all the games on that list are good. Jade Empire's a quite nice RPG, Hitman Blood Money is a good sneaker, CoD1 at least is a good shooter (Haven't played 2), the Civilization games are some of the best turn based strategy games, The Movies is kind of a neat game and toy and is well worth it if you like sandboxes, and Quake 4's a nice shooter. Not really sure on the others.

Seriously - for those who never had an x-box or played the pc version, get Jade Empire. Made by Bioware = Knights of the Old Republic

[quote name='AwRy108']At those prices, Jade Empire and Dungeon Siege are worth every penny.[/quote]

Maybe I just got unlucky, but my Dungeon Siege 2 copy came in terrible condition. I picked up the copy from Newegg two weeks ago. The box was barely staying together. The packaging for the game is pretty bad too. Cardboard sleeve to hold the 6 CDs. The bottom of my disks are full of paint and dirt.

Also, Amazon (actually Hubbagames) has Civ Chronicles for $32 plus shipping. Newegg will get it to you faster though if you're on the east coast.

nice find, picked up a copy of quake 4, what do you guys think of just cause is it worth buying?

Not to be a shameless opportunist here, but I own a 360 backwards copy of Jade Empire that I'd trade for any quality ps2 game. (For my nephew who is 7)

[quote name='Alien Spider']I beg to differ. I thought the single player game was awesome, I actually enjoyed the game more than Doom 3 (which I also love).

But to each his own. IMO, definitely worth it.[/quote]

yep i agree, Quake 4 did the sci-fi FPS very well. Not really quite sure how you can fault it actually. It doesnt break new ground but neither does a game like Halo. If you're someone who enjoys a solid FPS then thats a steal. An added bonus is the single player campaign is also pretty lengthy.

Nice finds!

Regarding Quake 4, I haven't played the full game yet, but the demo seemed really fun to me. I *loved* Prey's demo though (I bought it, but haven't played the full game yet).

[quote name='Risrepkel']Maybe I just got unlucky, but my Dungeon Siege 2 copy came in terrible condition. I picked up the copy from Newegg two weeks ago. The box was barely staying together. The packaging for the game is pretty bad too. Cardboard sleeve to hold the 6 CDs. The bottom of my disks are full of paint and dirt.
[/QUOTE]

That's really weird. I wonder what happened? Normally Newegg ships stuff in perfect condition. I wonder if it got damaged during shipping or something?

My Dungeon Siege package came in perfect condition though the box seems pretty badly designed. Took me a minute to figure out how to open the stupid thing without ripping it up. I was surprised to see a "deluxe" edition that doesn't even come with a printed manual also.

For those prices I probably should have ordered Hitman and that Midway game, as both look interesting, but geez, my backlog... and that's on top of Gametap!

[quote name='Wolfpup']
That's really weird. I wonder what happened? Normally Newegg ships stuff in perfect condition. I wonder if it got damaged during shipping or something?[/quote]

Yeah I've ordered a lot from Newegg and this is the first time I got something less than perfect from them. Maybe Brown kicked around my package some.

I still maintain that the deluxe edition itself is poorly designed. Putting CDs in the a glossy paper booklet leaves all kinds of residue on the bottom of the disks.

[quote name='Genocidal']Civ Chronicles has dropped an additional $5, down to $34.99. Seems like a steal for 4 Civ games + extra goodies.[/quote]

Actually, you can get it for $25 + $4 shipping from one of the resellers on Amazon. It's a great set too although I haven't played much with the card game. The color charts of all the research and units are amazing.

Civ Chronicles has dropped an additional $5, down to $34.99. Seems like a steal for 4 Civ games + extra goodies. Call of Duty chest is down to $16.99. I may have to get Dungeon Siege if it drops down to $9.99.
[quote name='latinsword']nice find, picked up a copy of quake 4, what do you guys think of just cause is it worth buying?[/quote]I found the game to be extremely repetitive after the first island or so. Nice concept, but it just couldn't hold my interest.

FYI I noticed that Amazon has Civ Chronicles for $25. Shipping will add a bit more, unless you have prime.

bread's done
Back