Newegg PC Laptop (Referb) 525 + ~15 S&H (AMD Proc, 6750 Graphics)

JokerWild

CAGiversary!
Got email from newegg this morning and they have a decent cheap gamer laptop. It is a Referb, but I've never had any problem with referbs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834158073

I don't recall, but I'm pretty sure Newegg codes are not indvidual, so

Use coupon - EMCJKJJ33

to get 25 off.

Nothing that is going to wow you with its greatness, but I was looking for a good cheap laptop to play some games on, and here it hopefully is!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this laptop a few months ago new from Bestbuy for 650. Your link is for a REFURB and I think you should put that in your title/description.

It plays games well (Starcraft 2, Just Cause 2, Alpha Protocol, Dirt 2, etc). The discrete graphics card is great for the price, the CPU performance of the AMD cpu is not great compared to the current Intel options (i5, i7) but they are generally more expensive.

FYI: it uses the Crossfire/Switchable 6755G2 graphics, which is a combo 6750 / 6620G (integrated onto the A8 CPU). Driver support seems to be a bit lacking for this new product (AMD website/auto detect installers say I do not have a supported graphics card, but Windows Update will update the drivers eventually).

I wouldn't mind editting the title regarding it being a referb, but I don't know how to edit the thread title.

[quote name='JokerWild']I wouldn't mind editting the title regarding it being a referb, but I don't know how to edit the thread title.[/QUOTE]

Edit your original post and around the top it should have the title as well.

Good price for sure, but I don't know if I'd ever trust an HP refurbed laptop. Thats just me though.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Meh. The last HP laptop I purchased from newegg started to overheat in less than a year. Tempting though.[/QUOTE]

Cooling doesn't seem to be a problem with my machine, coolest laptop I've had with a discrete GPU.

Also forgot, this has Beats Audio which means it has really nice speakers for a laptop. Still I wouldn't get it Refurb personally.

I don't like refrubs, but I doubt you can do better for the price! (And as someone mentioned, new version's on Best Buy for $100ish more)

Impressive that you can get something that solid for that price range...not that I'm giving up my G74, but it's a heck of lot better than most stuff in a low end price bracket.

[quote name='SonyFanboy#1']What exactly constitutes a "referb"?[/QUOTE]

Refurbished Wikipedia

Frequently these are product returns/open boxes that cannot be sold as new, often they are scratched or dented. Generally they are a lot better than 'used' condition, but they are not new and do not have the same warranty as a new product.

edit* Sarcasm detector may not have gone off if you were just mocking his typo spelling "Refurb"

Anyone know what the screen resolution is on this thing? Newegg's product description doesn't seem to show it.

edit: googled the model number, seems to be 1366 x 768

bread's done
Back