Newegg - PS3 Pulse Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Headset $99.99 Free Shipping

I just successfully price matched this at my local best buy, thanks op!

On a side note, this best buy is usually very difficult to get price matches at, so I wasn't expecting it to work...I took the headset to the front check out, asked the cashier if they match newegg, he said yes, showed him the item on my phone, and it was that easy. Used my two Christmas gift cards, and only had to pay the 6.95 tax out of pocket! Charging the headphones now ....

u use the provided cable (or any in/out audio cable) to hook up ur tv out to the headphone jack on the usb dongle. and ya, chat doesn't work, just the audio.

[quote name='mikkoxB']how did you get them to work for 360? I'm assuming chat doesnt work though right?
I missed out on this deal and $100 was the price I was considering getting this too[/QUOTE]

I'm glade I order this earlier today, I checked out the review and it seem like it a great deal hopefully I can get by this weekend for I can try them out.

Would have picked these up, if not for the fact that I just bought the Skullcandy PLYR 2 headset from skullcandy.com for $65 (50% off order using promo code TRIEDGE50).

Would Bestbuy price match Newegg, even if Newegg's inventory on the Sony Elite Pulse headset is sold out? Any help is appreciated.

[quote name='Xer07']Would Bestbuy price match Newegg, even if Newegg's inventory on the Sony Elite Pulse headset is sold out? Any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

My store refused to do it

Bummer, I had the chance to order a pair earlier but my AWH Pulse Elite just arrived so I passed. Now after setting up the LN cans from AWH they won't pair with the wireless dongle for more than a minute or two. That's probably why they were returned in the first place...

Really wish I had just picked these up now.

The quality of sound on these blow the old model out of the water. Tested the VSS on PS3/Vita/PC/WiiU and it's superb.

The pulse seems to work with everything I test with it. Gives an impact to guns and vehicles in games like Planetside 2. I'm gonna assume it's magic that allows the pulse to know exactly when I expect it to work. It's amazing.

Honestly, I don't know how I've been playing games without them. It's another level of immersion.

[quote name='Kilvas09']The quality of sound on these blow the old model out of the water. Tested the VSS on PS3/Vita/PC/WiiU and it's superb.

The pulse seems to work with everything I test with it. Gives an impact to guns and vehicles in games like Planetside 2. I'm gonna assume it's magic that allows the pulse to know exactly when I expect it to work. It's amazing.

Honestly, I don't know how I've been playing games without them. It's another level of immersion.[/QUOTE]
VSS doesn't work on anything but ps3. im moving from g930 to these, and that is seriously is disappointing.

I want these headphones! NewGrounds is currently OOS will bestbuy still price match?... The website states that the "ad" can not be limited quality in order to qualify. Very ymmv or.. Not possible?

Has anyone's order been shipped yet? Mine has been in packaging status since yesterday after I ordered it.

[quote name='gokou36']Has anyone's order been shipped yet? Mine has been in packaging status since yesterday after I ordered it.[/QUOTE]

It's a holiday.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']It's a holiday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but UPS store was opened yesterday. I guess UPS itself wasn't to do the pickup.

I've been using these for a few weeks and they are amazing. They have actually made me watch movies a lot more frequently.

They also fit me well with the Sony 3D glasses underneath, but you better not sneak up on anyone with that apparatus on your head. Especially since its hard to hear yourself talk with the headphones on. "SORRY I WOKE YOU", screams the mutated insect in your living room.

[quote name='Fire2box']do they support "surround sound" on DVD/blu-ray playback on PS3 and/or PC?[/QUOTE]

virtual surround on ps3, nothing on pc or anything else.

[quote name='mythus']virtual surround on ps3, nothing on pc or anything else.[/QUOTE]

Well the first generation ones said they didn't support virutal srround on blu-ray/DVD playback even if it was via PS3. thats something I never understood.. you could do it via games but not video playback.

Update: Sorry, out of stock again. Those went pretty fast.

I had actually purchased from the online Sony Store for $110 (by buying the $100 gift card that came with a free $20 gift card) and just called them to cancel. It was too late to cancel, but they said they'd refund the $30 difference once they charge my card, so it actually works out even better for me since I basically got it (or will get it) for $99.99+tax with a free $20 Sony gift card.

Shit!! I waited to PM it at BB on Monday, and by the time I got there it was sold out and I never caught it back in stock. Should have ordered right away. Agh!!

[quote name='Lazy_Bum']I'm wondering if anybody else has had their order status changed to shipped yet.[/QUOTE]
Ordered mine on 12/31 and they shipped yesterday.

[quote name='prayformojo']How well does the virtual 7.1 work on the Vita or IOS? Debating either getting these or some nice V-Moda headphones?[/QUOTE] It doesn't. The virtual 7.1 only works on the PS3, doesn't even work on a PC.

fuck it I bought them, I passed the last time and regretted it when they went OOS. Now I just gotta unload my AX 720s. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Malarkschwag']It doesn't. The virtual 7.1 only works on the PS3, doesn't even work on a PC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, just ordered some nice sennheisers instead.

Actually it looks like it does work. According to a post on giant bomb it will work on the computer as well you just have to activate it in the W7 settings. If best buy will price match, I will pick a pair up for a little a/b testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I weren't already so happy with my first Sony Pulse, I would be getting this one. Battery life on my Pulse is around 7 hours or more, but I've read that battery life on the Pulse 2 is only around 4-5 hours or so.

[quote name='prayformojo']Thanks for the info, just ordered some nice sennheisers instead.

Actually it looks like it does work. According to a post on giant bomb it will work on the computer as well you just have to activate it in the W7 settings. If best buy will price match, I will pick a pair up for a little a/b testing.[/QUOTE] Ah, well that is good to know. Sony says they dont work, but the last two pairs I ordered off of Amazon Warehouse have come busted so I havent had the chance to try them. I'm glad this came back around, I was getting tired of checking AWD for stock.

[quote name='Malarkschwag']Ah, well that is good to know. Sony says they dont work, but the last two pairs I ordered off of Amazon Warehouse have come busted so I havent had the chance to try them. I'm glad this came back around, I was getting tired of checking AWD for stock.[/QUOTE]

A little more info on this, it seems that it could be computer dependent and some computer sound boards support virtual 7.1 with any headphones. I may still pick up a pair to see how they perform on the vita.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Do these work on Xbox and Macs?[/QUOTE]

Yes XBOX through your TV audio out option but I am not sure if the 7.1 option works.

[quote name='Investor']If I weren't already so happy with my first Sony Pulse, I would be getting this one. Battery life on my Pulse is around 7 hours or more, but I've read that battery life on the Pulse 2 is only around 4-5 hours or so.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm my Sony Pulse headset battery kicks out about 4-5 hrs in, I believe it is the Bass Impact feature that eats the juice but I could be wrong. Love the headset though, cool that is works with many other things besides PS3, I use it to listen to music on my phone when I do yardwork or snow removal (doesn't use battery for those applications though).

[quote name='GT']I can confirm my Sony Pulse headset battery kicks out about 4-5 hrs in, I believe it is the Bass Impact feature that eats the juice but I could be wrong. Love the headset though, cool that is works with many other things besides PS3, I use it to listen to music on my phone when I do yardwork or snow removal (doesn't use battery for those applications though).[/QUOTE]

i had the 1st set of sony's headset but those broke-(totally my fault not the headset)

should i go back to the old ones and get a similar set or try these new ones?

i still think the original are better ......the mic on the new headset picks up my breathing and there is no way to adjust it

[quote name='pedrobeara']i still think the original are better ......the mic on the new headset picks up my breathing and there is no way to adjust it[/QUOTE]

so go with original? any major difference between the 2?

bread's done
Back