Newegg - PS3 Pulse Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Headset $99.99 Free Shipping

[quote name='showtimefolks']so go with original? any major difference between the 2?[/QUOTE]

I have both the new version and the old one. I haven't had much experience with the mic on the newer version, but the sound and functionality are improved on the Elite. Go with the newer version for sure unless the whole mic thing is really that bad. That's the first negative comment i've seen about the mic, so maybe he is just a heavy breather. :)

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']back up to 133[/QUOTE]

Thanks to whoever bumped this earlier. I was able to get the PM guarantee from Best Buy a couple of hours ago. Just in time, apparently.

just watched few reviews, these pulse ones have better sound but 2 things that all reviewers said

terrible battery life 4-5 hrs(for me that's enough)
and this is the worrisome part, these new ones are not as comfortable as the originals

now battery life really doesn't bother me but uncomfortable where the originals i had were very comfortable now that's a big red flag for me

[quote name='pedrobeara']i still think the original are better ......the mic on the new headset picks up my breathing and there is no way to adjust it[/QUOTE]

You can adjust the mic sensitivity under accessory settings...

[quote name='prayformojo']A little more info on this, it seems that it could be computer dependent and some computer sound boards support virtual 7.1 with any headphones. I may still pick up a pair to see how they perform on the vita.[/QUOTE] I can confirm that the 7.1 definitely doesnt work with the Vita. You must use the stereo out on the Vita to connect these headphones which is a bit of a bummer. They really should release an app for the Vita to use an adhoc network as a dongle so you can use it wirelessly.

[quote name='showtimefolks']just watched few reviews, these pulse ones have better sound but 2 things that all reviewers said

terrible battery life 4-5 hrs(for me that's enough)
and this is the worrisome part, these new ones are not as comfortable as the originals

now battery life really doesn't bother me but uncomfortable where the originals i had were very comfortable now that's a big red flag for me[/QUOTE]

They feel pretty comfortable to me. I will say they might be slightly more snug than the first ones, but not by much, if any. Also, these are designed where I could see them adjusting after some wear since the head band is not hard plastic like the originals.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']They feel pretty comfortable to me. I will say they might be slightly more snug than the first ones, but not by much, if any. Also, these are designed where I could see them adjusting after some wear since the head band is not hard plastic like the originals.[/QUOTE]
They feel a little more for me than the old one.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']They feel pretty comfortable to me. I will say they might be slightly more snug than the first ones, but not by much, if any. Also, these are designed where I could see them adjusting after some wear since the head band is not hard plastic like the originals.[/QUOTE]

ok you sold me on these time to buy these.

thanks, i also thought old ones were a little bulky so hopefully these will be better

thanks

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']back up to 133[/QUOTE]

Wow, that was fast :) I got my shipping confirmation few hours back, $100 was my price point anyway. I have both Pulse headsets and I haven't even open the first Pulse headset yet... Primarily because the first Pulse can't be used for Vita or any other headphone jack devices...

Took the plunge and PM'ed these at BB today. I tried to a week ago and they went out of stock before I got to the register and they wouldn't honor it. Going to use it for PS3, Vita and 360.

I bought these for $150 about a month ago and they sound pretty sweet. Works great on my galaxy s3 and vita also. Only downside is if you wear glasses they can be a drag.. which I do but it's not real bad.

[quote name='thundarr']Took the plunge and PM'ed these at BB today. I tried to a week ago and they went out of stock before I got to the register and they wouldn't honor it. Going to use it for PS3, Vita and 360.[/QUOTE]

Post back with impressions of use with the vita. I am still intrigued by these and given the stock at my best buy I think we will see $99 again soon.

[quote name='thundarr']Took the plunge and PM'ed these at BB today. I tried to a week ago and they went out of stock before I got to the register and they wouldn't honor it. Going to use it for PS3, Vita and 360.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about the same option for all my systems. Apparently, the 7.1 only works on the ps3 and nothing else (so won't work with my pc). And it is compatible with the 360 through the dongle connected to your tv, but can't use the microphone, so unfortunately it isn't an all in one solution. And not being able to use the headset wirelessly on the Vita is kinda lame.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received mine on Monday and had a chance to try them out last night. Watched Predator on Blu-Ray. I was very impressed with the bass impact effect. The sound effects from Blain shooting his mini gun were off the hook. :D

bread's done
Back