NFL 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

I think Rodgers gets MVP. 3 TD's, 304 yds, 111.5 rating. Either him or Nelson who had 9 catches, 140 yds and a TD.

[quote name='renique46']yay slackers win yawn good riddance to this awful bowl between 2 teams that had no right to be there happy for Charles Woodson him and driver deserve it more than anyone else though now green bay won so fans can shut the fuck up about it cause i know damn well they would pull the injury card if they lost just like every season somebody goes down on that team[/QUOTE]
You mad bro?

[quote name='renique46']yay slackers win yawn good riddance to this awful bowl between 2 teams that had no right to be there [/QUOTE]

lolllllllllllll

[quote name='steve nash']im sure nobama is loving this[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he's probably relieved that he doesn't have to invite Big Ben to the White House.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Great game. Always happy to see the Steelers lose, and got a great, exciting game on top of that.[/QUOTE]

Amen.

Any day the Steelers lose is a good day.

As a Steelers fan..boo. It was a damn good game though.

It was hilarious seeing all the bitter Jets fans pretending to love the Packers for the day.

[quote name='gbpackers94']You mad bro?[/QUOTE]

more like happy, your reading comprehension sucks just hope all GB fans arent moronic like you

and wcw world title on Rodgers just made this sb go up a few notches shit was too good :applause: good looking out clay

Packers are my NFC team I own two GB jerseys, along with a picture of Earl "Curly" Lambeau and some players on my wall. Very happy to see them win tonight.

I'm happy to see that no one with a bunch of hair on the Steelers got a nasty injury.

[quote name='renique46']yay slackers win yawn good riddance to this awful bowl between 2 teams that had no right to be there happy for Charles Woodson him and driver deserve it more than anyone else though now green bay won so fans can shut the fuck up about it cause i know damn well they would pull the injury card if they lost just like every season somebody goes down on that team[/QUOTE]

Please explain to me WHY these teams do not deserve to be there?

[quote name='tiddled06']Please explain to me WHY these teams do not deserve to be there?[/QUOTE]

Don't encourage him to talk. He demonstrated no knowledge in that sentence, why would you want him to continue?

Roethlisberger could've cemented his legacy in that final drive. He had the Super Bowl passed out in the bathroom stall and he couldn't close. His standing is going to take a hit.

It's a great day to be great, indeed. 15 players on injured reserve, yet the Packers never lost a game by more than 4 points all season, even almost beat the Patriots in New England with Matt Flynn at QB. I said all along they were the best, but I wasn't foolish enough to declare victory before the game was played. Much respect to the Steelers-great team, great coach, and with a few exceptions, great fans, but this was destiny.

I can't even describe what I've been feeling tonight. That was a roller coaster game. I'm exhausted mentally and emotionally, but I feel fantastic. I waited 14 years for this night. When the Packers last won, I was too young to properly appreciate it (12) and, having been spoiled by the 4 championships that my favorite NBA team, the Bulls, had won, I naively expected it to be a regular occurrence. When the White Sox won the Series in 2005, my mind was clouded by massive quantities of beer. Now that I'm older (maybe not much wiser) and sober, I was able to properly take this one in and I will cherish it forever.

The Packers made mistakes they've made all season long that left the other team still alive, and still managed to pull out a victory without their mental/veteran leaders on offense AND defense. That's a huge relief...

I am a Packers fan, but I feel that this team legitimately has the build of a group to make a run as a dynasty. If they can overcome the mental errors and loss of focus that they've sporadically shown this season, it's possible.

that Detroit Eminem Chrysler commercial is the best in SB history imo

every other commercial they hurry it up to tell their message in 30 secs but not this one

[quote name='Blackout']How'd she screw up? I was only mildly paying attention.[/QUOTE]

Completely missed a phrase by combining two. She is a multiplatinum artist. There is no way she should have fucked it up. In addition, she tried to do runs the whole anthem. They should have just let Lea Michele continue into the national anthem.

The commercials until early 2nd seemed like "Super Bowl" commercials. Outside that, they didn't; they were terrible and not funny. There didn't seem to have a whole lot of Bud/Bud Light commercials like the past. Only two commercials were memorable for me: Doritos Dog and Pepsi Max Wife. I will say it was good to finally see trailers for most of the summer movies.

As for the game, it was better than I expected given that I don't care about each one when fantasy season ends.

I hope godaddy never makes another super bowl commercial

the Eminem Chrysler was good but the Darth Vadar VW commercial was better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Memorable ones for me:
- Little Vader VW commercial, not really for selling the car, but just the ad
- House ad where he throws his cane
- Snickers ad where Rosanne gets hit by a log
- Doritos ad where the Grandfather is revived

The snickers ad was great.

Two more I remember.

-The pepsi max commercial that ends with the girl getting hit with a rock.
-That one commercial which went through different fox tv shows and ended at Sue Sylvester's desk.

111 Million people watched the Super Bowl yesterday, the largest television audience a tv program has ever had.

If there is a lockout and there's no 2011-2012 season, both the owners and the players are drunk at the wheel.

[quote name='bvharris']111 Million people watched the Super Bowl yesterday, the largest television audience a tv program has ever had.

If there is a lockout and there's no 2011-2012 season, both the owners and the players are drunk at the wheel.[/QUOTE]

Which is why the owners are pushing for 18 games season since they will be making a lot more money.

Also I am sure World Cup final got more viewers than that.

[quote name='62t']
Also I am sure World Cup final got more viewers than that.[/QUOTE]

Should have specified, we're just talking about the US here, not international viewers.

Sorry for the issue with a certain CAG from earlier. They have to understand that expressing their opinion in a thread is one thing, though when they pass along some rather colorful insults via PMs, that's another thing entirely.

badcd.gif

Other memorable Super Bowl ads:

Pepsi Max one with the two people on a date in a restaurant.
Best Buy one with Ozzy Osbourne and Justin Bieber.
The NFL one with all the different tv shows and their teams.
Bud Light dogs partying and serving drinks.
Bridgestone "reply all" one.

bread's done
Back