NHL 09 CAG Team - CAG Game Night - Fridays @ 10 PM EST

[quote name='Regian']If I take this the wrong way, let me know.

Pure had sent me a message after I had messaged him seeing if something was wrong on the deal in terms of headsets. Got a message back that he wanted to play with two others because it seemed that it worked better, to which I can somewhat understand.

But when you guys are constantly entering and leaving the dressing room, that's not giving us much of a signal. I just kinda felt it was a little shitty that none of you could at least have said something to that effect and at least say that you three wanted to take a stab. Had that have happened, I wouldn't be that upset right now.

I just feel that it was a little shitty to be told in that manner. I don't particularly know if I was just in the way during our last game or anything like that. All I'm saying is at least be open and honest next time around.[/quote]

I was waiting around for you guys to make a game and then I was trying to get my own room when you saw me joining and leaving the dressing room. I didn't want to come off like a dick and say, hey guys we don't want to play with you. Instead I wanted to get our own thing going on while you and n8rockerasu or whoever played.

So that's why I told you what was going on when you sent me the voice message on XBL.

We won like 4 or 5 games when it was us three playing, and then we did the game with 5 players and lost. After that I wanted to go back to 3 players since we were doing so well.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I was waiting around for you guys to make a game and then I was trying to get my own room when you saw me joining and leaving the dressing room. I didn't want to come off like a dick and say, hey guys we don't want to play with you. Instead I wanted to get our own thing going on while you and n8rockerasu or whoever played.

So that's why I told you what was going on when you sent me the voice message on XBL.

We won like 4 or 5 games when it was us three playing, and then we did the game with 5 players and lost. After that I wanted to go back to 3 players since we were doing so well.[/quote]

Yeeeah...so you didn't want to come off like a dick by telling us you guys had your own group going, so instead you let us sit there wondering what was going on? See the problem there? I'm not mad about it cause I understand where you're coming from, but a message would have been nice. What a great first experience on the "team". Nothing like getting the shaft.

Just a thought, but this team's going to have all kinds of problems if people start getting clique-y...especially when celebrities (ie. Cheapy) start gaming. We're either a team or we're not guys.

All this talk about having different teams and the best players together to win is crappy. Is winning all that matters? Yeah its nice to win but I would rather have fun, which I did the few games I have played before. Do we really think we will be the best team out there? I don't think so.

[quote name='Regian']Am I missing something with the whole "Join" deal? I've found the team on the search, but there's no button or prompt to join the team.[/quote]
Yeah, I got the game today and can't figure out how to join, despite the instructions in the OP.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Don't you need to be invited first?[/quote]

yeah, you do. and then you have to have a letterman jacket or they won't play with you anyway, hahaha

I think we all have to communicate better while setting up games. I know I screwed up yesterday and forgot to tell my team that I was done for the night. So I apologize for that.

We have not been very successful with a full team of 6, maybe we need to look at playing with 3 or 4 guys at a time.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']yeah, you do. and then you have to have a letterman jacket or they won't play with you anyway, hahaha[/QUOTE]

I entered the chat and told at least Regian that we were trying to break into to smaller groups so we could get better play going. Apparently he did not hear or did not deliver the message. The game is simply easier to play in smaller groups. You don't have to cry about it. If you had a mic maybe we could communicate with you better.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I was waiting around for you guys to make a game and then I was trying to get my own room when you saw me joining and leaving the dressing room. I didn't want to come off like a dick and say, hey guys we don't want to play with you. Instead I wanted to get our own thing going on while you and n8rockerasu or whoever played.

We won like 4 or 5 games when it was us three playing, and then we did the game with 5 players and lost. After that I wanted to go back to 3 players since we were doing so well.[/quote]

You wouldn't have come off as a dick to me. I completely understand if you wanted to have a game with you three, that's not a problem. My problem was with the way it was handled and that I had to initiate contact to figure out what was going on.

Nothing has to be secretive, all you have to do is communicate. I think you're a cool dude, so it's not like I'm going to harbor an anger against you if you want to go in and play with a group of your choosing. I just don't want to be the one hanging out in the dressing room with no clue and what's going on.

Just communicate. That's all I'm asking.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']yeah, you do. and then you have to have a letterman jacket or they won't play with you anyway, hahaha[/quote]

That's not the point I was trying to come across about. Just chill out, dude.

I reiterate that I tried to tell you what we were doing and if you didn't hear me, thats completely my fault.
We were having trouble hearing one another all night at random times so maybe that was the issue.

I have to say I'm really against the idea of having a NHL squad and an AHL squad. For one thing, the stat tracking on this game is so fucked up there is no accurate way to gauge who is better than who. Also, the competition is always different for everyone, we never play against the same online players. And since there is no matchmaking I know of, it really doesn't set up well to get an accurate reading of ones abilities. Finally, I just think it is an unnecessary division of the club. What is the advantage of this, to make the less skilled people feel like morons who have to swim in the kiddy pool? We should all just concentrate on getting better and most importantly have fun. Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='SeanAmI']I reiterate that I tried to tell you what we were doing and if you didn't hear me, thats completely my fault.
We were having trouble hearing one another all night at random times so maybe that was the issue.[/quote]

That could very well have been in the issue. But it wouldn't be your fault on that, I think that would lie as an issue with the servers.

[quote name='SeanAmI']I entered the chat and told at least Regian that we were trying to break into to smaller groups so we could get better play going. Apparently he did not hear or did not deliver the message. The game is simply easier to play in smaller groups. You don't have to cry about it. If you had a mic maybe we could communicate with you better.[/quote]

I gave my reason for not having my mic on. And the letterman jacket thing was a joke. I kept asking Regian what was going on, and even suggested that you guys didn't want to play with us, and all he told me was "hang on" and "one sec".

I just wish I had known what the deal was. I didn't know if it was even working on my end, or if I was doing something wrong. As I said, I've yet to play in a team game, but that's sort of the main reason I bought this game. I just don't want to be purposefully excluded.

I'll send out invites when I get home from work tonight. Go ahead and send a message to Matt Young's XBL GT and he should be able to get you in sooner than I can.

This whole online setup needs a major overhaul next year.

Does anyone in here want to do a fantasy hockey league? We're looking for 1 or 3 additional people to join and the online draft is tonight at 11:30 EST/10:30 CST.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Does anyone in here want to do a fantasy hockey league? We're looking for 1 or 3 additional people to join and the online draft is tonight at 11:30 EST/10:30 CST.[/quote]

What website is it on? I might be interested in it. Send me the link and I'll check it out.

I did end up playing a bit last night, couldn't get into any games with the CAGs though. Ended up just jumping into some random games. Had a good time, but found another irritating problem in that it is possible for both teams to select white jerseys, which makes it next to impossible to tell who is on your team and what is going on. Jeez, did they test this game at all?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Jeez, did they test this game at all?[/quote]

This is probably the first game I won't knock them for, but... it is EA we're talking about. xD

Where are most of you online? I don't think I've seen anyone in the dressing room yet.
I'm on the west coast if that makes it more challenging for my timing.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']ok...wtf?? It wouldn't let me join the game. I was in the dressing room with PA and 2 others, and once the timer counted down, it showed a "side select" screen with the Pens and Red Wings. Then it told me I was kicked from the session. What the hell is that about?[/QUOTE]

That happens every once in a while. If you see those 2 teams on the screen, immediately back out.

I will get on in 30 minutes and send invites to those who have requested them.

[quote name='Matt Young']That happens every once in a while. If you see those 2 teams on the screen, immediately back out.

I will get on in 30 minutes and send invites to those who have requested them.[/quote]

Thanks Matt. Good to know it's not me. I was just like "What the hell? We're not the Red Wings!" Hope I'll get a chance to try again later tonight.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']What website is it on? I might be interested in it. Send me the link and I'll check it out.

I did end up playing a bit last night, couldn't get into any games with the CAGs though. Ended up just jumping into some random games. Had a good time, but found another irritating problem in that it is possible for both teams to select white jerseys, which makes it next to impossible to tell who is on your team and what is going on. Jeez, did they test this game at all?[/quote]

It's a standard yahoo head to head league. Let me know if you want in and I'll PM you the info to join. We need at least 1 extra person for this.

Bleh. In my second game tonight the disc drive stopped spinning. When it went back to load something, I got that "Disc is unreadable" bullshit.

Might be back on later. Dunno on NHL or not.

[quote name='Calico']sorry bailed on your guys in the third period of that game. got a phone call and could only use one hand to play . it was fun.[/QUOTE]

Hold the phone between your ear and shoulder. I did it earlier. :p

I'm on now. FrankySox called me and will be on after acquiring the vital nutrients that only beer and Taco Bell can provide.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']So I guess I did get kicked out of the CAGs for snaking Matt Young out of Crosby in the fantasy draft, huh? :razz:[/QUOTE]

I was going to let you back. Just had to teach you a well-deserved lesson. ;)

[quote name='Matt Young']Hold the phone between your ear and shoulder. I did it earlier. :p

I'm on now. FrankySox called me and will be on after acquiring the vital nutrients that only beer and Taco Bell can provide.[/QUOTE]

I tried to during the third period but it wasn't going so well, my cell phone is thinner than I'm used to doing the shoulder and ear move. Doh, I didn't see anyone online when I checked after my call so I went to sleep.

Going to be out of town till Monday. I'll see you guys online sometime next week. Might sneak in a few games in the afternoon today though.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']So I guess I did get kicked out of the CAGs for snaking Matt Young out of Crosby in the fantasy draft, huh? :razz:[/QUOTE]

Added you back, anyone else that needs or wants an invite post as i am sending invites before I go back to class.

I might have to pull out of this team since I've been playing with a friend and well, I started school so I won't have a lot of time too.

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm getting that DISC IS UNREADABLE error now... what's the deal with that?[/quote]

My friend is getting that too... his disc is new and his elite system is new... This isn't the first game to do that too. Ya M$.

I had an issue come up tonight with a CAG team member who isn't an actual CAG which led me to remove him and a few CAGs from the team. The two CAGs I removed was at his request.

CheapyD also left the league, but from what I understand he said that his latency issues are really bad with the game and it's hard for him to play online. Him leaving had nothing to do with the other issue that came up.

Also stay tuned to this thread, because there may be some big changes to the team here shortly.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I had an issue come up tonight with a CAG team member who isn't an actual CAG which led me to remove him and a few CAGs from the team. The two CAGs I removed was at his request.

CheapyD also left the league, but from what I understand he said that his latency issues are really bad with the game and it's hard for him to play online. Him leaving had nothing to do with the other issue that came up.

Also stay tuned to this thread, because there may be some big changes to the team here shortly.[/quote]

who got removed?

Hey I finally just bought the game. Wondering If I can still join the team. I got it for cheap off ebay so It will still be a few days before it arrives. Thanks.

bread's done
Back