NHL 10-Official CAG League-At least 2 games a week-5 Owners ready to be booted

Or just set a weekly requirement.

We did that last year, with two games/week (meaning play one other other guy really...or was it 3/week? I forgot already), with one week missed forgiveness. We got through a whole season only needing to kick 3 people, two of which never played a game to begin with.

[quote name='moojuice']Or just set a weekly requirement.

We did that last year, with two games/week (meaning play one other other guy really...or was it 3/week? I forgot already), with one week missed forgiveness. We got through a whole season only needing to kick 3 people, two of which never played a game to begin with.[/QUOTE]

We do have a weekly requirement of at least 2 games a week, but I thought a posted schedule might keep some kind of order to the league if some kind of way. And the schedule would not be a enforced weekly schedule it would really only be there to help you know who you should try and play next. I see it as a way for the more active people to help the less active people along that way there wont be so many people with more games than others, maybe?.

I have played 8 games already... I think the requirement needs to be 4 games per week, that's 2 sessions of games if you play the series vs. one player. It's really not a lot of time.

Besides, don't we wanna have like 3 or 4 seasons and not one long 5 month one?

[quote name='DestroVega']I have played 8 games already... I think the requirement needs to be 4 games per week, that's 2 sessions of games if you play the series vs. one player. It's really not a lot of time.

Besides, don't we wanna have like 3 or 4 seasons and not one long 5 month one?[/QUOTE]

I would like to play 4 games a week also so when I do the schedule the "weeks" that are listed on it will be more like a 4 day period so that would be like 4 games every 8 days. I would like just to have a schedule posted so a active owner like yourself or myself might help the other less active owners keep up, by contacting them and needing to play them during that period.

Damn moo...great set. First game I got lucky on those re-directions, but the second game was so close. We each had crazy chances for goals. See you in the playoffs I hope.

Good games Nate...That first 3-1 game was a lot closer than the score I felt...as for the second game, I can't blame you for quitting after I scored two goals in the last 41 seconds to win 2-1. All I can say was, it was an incredibly tight game, and I had a lot of chances to score early on, but you played tough. And I'm not sure if you watched the replay, but you actually poke checked the puck out of your own goalies glove and into the net on that game winner. My shot hit off his pad right into his glove and when he covered, you pushed it away. Good luck with the rest.

[quote name='Wpark83']Good games Nate...That first 3-1 game was a lot closer than the score I felt...as for the second game, I can't blame you for quitting after I scored two goals in the last 41 seconds to win 2-1. All I can say was, it was an incredibly tight game, and I had a lot of chances to score early on, but you played tough. And I'm not sure if you watched the replay, but you actually poke checked the puck out of your own goalies glove and into the net on that game winner. My shot hit off his pad right into his glove and when he covered, you pushed it away. Good luck with the rest.[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't see it because it literally made me sick to my stomach and I had to go take a huge shit immediately. I'm contemplating dropping from the league because I can't enjoy bullshit games like that where my team can't defend a 1-0 lead with less than a minute to play. And not only can they not defend it, but they allow 2 goals within that timespan to lose the game. Taking nothing away from you, but nobody should be that lucky. My advice is buy a lottery ticket, fuck a super model, and rob a bank today...because that shit is ridiculous.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']No, I didn't see it because it literally made me sick to my stomach and I had to go take a huge shit immediately. I'm contemplating dropping from the league because I can't enjoy bullshit games like that where my team can't defend a 1-0 lead with less than a minute to play. And not only can they not defend it, but they allow 2 goals within that timespan to lose the game. Taking nothing away from you, but nobody should be that lucky. My advice is buy a lottery ticket, fuck a super model, and rob a bank today...because that shit is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was your team that couldn't defend the league. But again, your mishap led to that second goal so...it was just a bad play. Those are the breaks. Besides, 2 goals on 28 shots isn't too bad. I just finally got a chance to go my way.

Good games Park.

First game, the Hockey Gods were on your side; I knew I had no chance when you scored on a deflection on your first shot lol.

On a side note, ugh, my roster is utter shit. Besides my first line, I basically am playing with checking lines. Hell, my 4th line left winger is categorized as a Defensive Defenseman, and half my 3rd and 4th lines are real life AHL players.

Looking for any players? Offer me a trade.

Moo, offer something up, I'd be down for a trade...though The Blue Jackets are pretty light, too. I'm only scoring with my first line really. And yeah, that first goal was pretty crazy. I had a great tunnel though, for the shot, worked to perfection.

[quote name='Wpark83']I don't think it was your team that couldn't defend the league. But again, your mishap led to that second goal so...it was just a bad play. Those are the breaks. Besides, 2 goals on 28 shots isn't too bad. I just finally got a chance to go my way.[/QUOTE]

Well, gee...why don't you just stop beating around the bush and say that I played like shit and fucked up at the end? You scored 2 goals in 41 seconds. What the fuck would you call that? Just because you had 28 shots on goal, you "deserved" to win? That's pretty fucking smug. I had around 20 shots that game as well. The first game, you won, no doubt. The second game, you got lucky. The end.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, gee...why don't you just stop beating around the bush and say that I played like shit and fucked up at the end? You scored 2 goals in 41 seconds. What the fuck would you call that? Just because you had 28 shots on goal, you "deserved" to win? That's pretty fucking smug. I had around 20 shots that game as well. The first game, you won, no doubt. The second game, you got lucky. The end.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. Wasn't trying to say I deserved to win. I just felt before that last minute, I should had some breaks go my way. Fortunately for me, I got some to go that last minute. I'd be pissed if I was in your position, too. My main gripe was, I wouldn't put blame on the team you had for the breakdown. It's not like you are playing with a shitty team. You played a great game and had a bad last minute...I pretty much walked into breakaways on both goals. Happens to all of us, I had a game like that already against Destro.

[quote name='ajh2298']n8rockerasu why did you drop out without telling anyone thats pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

Kid's a baby. 'Nuff said.

[quote name='Wpark83']Kid's a baby. 'Nuff said.[/QUOTE]

I dropped because Wpark kept making homosexual advances toward me. He kept saying he wanted to "ride my hockey stick", and it made me really uncomfortable. Watch out for that one. He's a flamer. I also like the way he uses "kid" as though he is either cool or a 40 year-old man, when he is in fact neither of those things.

In all seriousness, my apologies to ajh and the rest of the league. But I've got some things in real life demanding my time, and I didn't think I'd be able to keep up with the schedule anyway. I've got some things going on right now. None of which stupid ass Wpark and his big mouth knows anything about.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I dropped because Wpark kept making homosexual advances toward me. He kept saying he wanted to "ride my hockey stick", and it made me really uncomfortable. Watch out for that one. He's a flamer. I also like the way he uses "kid" as though he is either cool or a 40 year-old man, when he is in fact neither of those things.

In all seriousness, my apologies to ajh and the rest of the league. But I've got some things in real life demanding my time, and I didn't think I'd be able to keep up with the schedule anyway. I've got some things going on right now. None of which stupid ass Wpark and his big mouth knows anything about.[/QUOTE]

No, you quit out cause you lost two games to me. Please, had you won both, or even one, we wouldn't be having this dicussion. I think your previous posts regarding our series is proof of that. **edit: Proof: "I'm contemplating dropping from the league because I can't enjoy bullshit games like that where my team can't defend a 1-0 lead with less than a minute to play."** I don't think it's a big deal you wanna drop, but don't go lying about it.

And you are a horrible comedian. Whenever you want to take some lessons, get at me.

Do I have to be the ref everyday!?

Nate dropping now is better than dropping in 6 weeks. it's fine. let's just get some games played!

Ajh, should we try to put our best availabilty on the OP next to our teams? Might be an easy way to determine when people might be on. Privates messages are the best way still, but it may help in games getting done. I know I'm usually free weeknights between 9-11 PM EST.

That goes for tonight and tomorrow night for anyone looking to play.

I posted before trying to set up games, but no one answered. I can't play tonight, but tomorrow afternoon and evening would be good.

I don't know if I'll be playing that late or not. If I am, I'll play you. But can anyone play earlier, like mid-late afternoon/early evening?

[quote name='homeland']I'll be able to get some games in this weekend, if anyone wants to schedule some game time.[/QUOTE]

lemme know when works for you.

I probably won't get to play you then, moo, because the Dodgers game will be starting not long after the Rockies game ends. But Azu, I'll look for you.

EDIT: When are you getting on, Azu?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about that Matt. I had to go out for a while.
I should be available through the day today.
Send me a PM if you want some games done, unless you see me on XBL. If you do, just message me there.

I'll be around all this week after 9 PM Eastern...anyone gonna be around those days? After that, I'll be very free, as I'll be looking for another job and will be home most all the time until I do so.

Bump

These people need to try their hardest to get two or more games in before the weekend is over or they will be booted.

1. Albo23-Sharks

2. Azumangaman-Thrashers

3. Panther1484-Hurricanes

4. homeland-Bruins

5. mnuttster-Stars

And I dont think the Flames owner(neworlbush25) ever joined even after 3 total PM's I sent about joining.

Azu or anyone I can play this evening or definitely tomorrow night.

Sorry for not being active in the league Ajh, im sure it makes ur job more frustrating. Wife is leaving for a few weeks this Friday so I'll be able to catch up on games real soon.

I can play tonight after like 8...and then after that I can play whenever as I join the world of the unemployed for a lil while (hopefully not TOO long).

I'm probably going to drop from the league. My roster is just so messed up that it's not even fun trying to play. I mean really, I literally don't even have enough forwards to fill my lines, and my only "healthy scratch" is a defenseman as well.

[quote name='moojuice']I'm probably going to drop from the league. My roster is just so messed up that it's not even fun trying to play. I mean really, I literally don't even have enough forwards to fill my lines, and my only "healthy scratch" is a defenseman as well.[/QUOTE]

If you wanted to you could drop out as the Avs and rejoin as another team there are still a few good teams being unused like the Rangers and the Flyers.

[quote name='moojuice']I'm probably going to drop from the league. My roster is just so messed up that it's not even fun trying to play. I mean really, I literally don't even have enough forwards to fill my lines, and my only "healthy scratch" is a defenseman as well.[/QUOTE]

We are playing with injuries? Didn't know that. We should turn that off next league.

I'll wait for a possible second season. When we had guys join-leave-join last year, things got screwed up connection wise.

Wpark, I didn't mean that any of my guys are injured. I'm talking about the active guys on the roster who can't play because they are extra players. Unless you think that I don't have enough forwards as a result of injury, which it isn't; I straight up didn't have enough forwards.

Good games Wpack. quick question are online games always that laggy? I thought it was my fault when i realized I was d/l something but I paused the d/l before the 3rd period of the first game and there was still some crazy lag.

bread's done
Back