Nights for Wii @ Meijer $2.99

Thanks OP....scored! Is it possible this deal was intended to clear out stock, or was it a price mistake? I went to a few different stores before scoring, and there was a yellow price cut sign that said "Nights for Wii: $2.99. Was 29.99, SAVE $27.00" So, if it was a price mistake, you'd think it would have said "Was 49.99, now 2.99" Also, hasn't Nights already been 29.99 at Meijer for a long time?

It just doesn't make sense that they wouldn't do a price drop to SAY $14.99 and clear them out just as fast. My only thought is that they did this as a publicity stunt to get gamers swarming to Meijer....but if that was the case, it should have been in an ad....

[quote name='slowdive21']Got a couple at my store. When I said I wanted Nights he smiled and said you must have seen the website. I said what do you mean and he said there was some guy who came earlier and said he saw it on slickdeals. I said I saw it on a different site, but I am surprised they are still here. I also got a xenosaga 2 for 7.50 (but this is a huge YMMV since it was a store level markdown)[/QUOTE]

Let me guess:
Your Meijer is on Randall Road. Am I right?

If I am, then "some guy who came earlier" was me.
Cause I said that to the young Meijer Electronics guy on Tuesday. When store clerks ask where I hear about hot deals, I tend to not talk about Fight Club CAG. But if they are nice, then I do talk about it.

All the Portage/Kalamazoo Michigan stores are all gone. 2 of them actually had a sign up in the case that said "NIGHTS $2.99, Save $27.00" so its understandable why all of those were gone. I managed to grab the remaining 2 at the other that there was no sign for. I grabbed one for myself and one for my brother (sorry if there was extra I would have grabbed those too)

Man, fuck this. Between myself and my family, I think I've been to five or six different metro Detroit Meijer stores, and not a single one of them had a copy of the game.

Call it a hunch, but I blame fucktards like this:

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Just wanted to mention that I checked the trade-in value for Nights Wii at GameStop: $9 in store credit, which means $14 after the trade-2 promotion. Pretty good for flipping, I have to admit.[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, but some of us actually wanted to play the game. I know it's not the end of the world, and that the game will either go on sale again somewhere else or that I'll be able to pick it up used eventually. These things happen, and I've missed out on plenty of deals here...but I haven't been this disappointed about one in a long time.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Believe it or not, but some of us actually wanted to play the game. I know it's not the end of the world, and that the game will either go on sale again somewhere else or that I'll be able to pick it up used eventually. These things happen, and I've missed out on plenty of deals here...but I haven't been this disappointed about one in a long time.[/QUOTE]

I was one of those who wanted to play this game as well. I lucked out and found only one copy.

But, I wouldn't be too disappointed about missing this deal. While the trade-in value is pretty good for a $3 game, that's about all the game is worth. I'm going to let my kids try it. And, if they agree that the game is, oh, not that good, then I'll be trading it in.

[quote name='ehorre01']All Louisville area Meijer are cleaned out. I wish I would have seen this yesterday! Any locals with an extra copy laying around... shoot me a PM.[/quote]

Damn. I was about to check Springhurst Meijer during lunch.

[quote name='Luckychunk']Let me guess:
Your Meijer is on Randall Road. Am I right?

If I am, then "some guy who came earlier" was me.
Cause I said that to the young Meijer Electronics guy on Tuesday. When store clerks ask where I hear about hot deals, I tend to not talk about Fight Club CAG. But if they are nice, then I do talk about it.[/quote]

You got it. We should try to coordinate our efforts. There are multiple deal hunters in this area. Are you the guy with a shaved head I saw around or is that another deal hunter? I'm glad another CAG gets games rather than the one guy I always see at Target(s).

Did that Meijer get any metal gear bundles? I have not seen them there even on release day.

[quote name='mcdaking84']I have no idea why people would want to play this horrid game

[/QUOTE]

Nostalgia perhaps? I know I'd love being able to find it, but sadly no Meijers near me. I'm still planning to buy one when I can find it for $10-$12.

[quote name='snyperwolf']Damn. I was about to check Springhurst Meijer during lunch.[/quote]

Geez - LOTS of Louisville CAGs these days. Glad I'm not alone, but also sad that we got no Nights love...

Anyone check any of the southern indiana Meijers? I'm working there this week and might try Jeffersonville, IN store...

Some of you guys burn me up. "I can't believe people actually want to play this POS Game". WHAT. THE. BEEP.
:drool:

And you're buying copies to resell? Although I would profit off of it too.. I never do that.

You know what? Forget I said anything in this subject.

[quote name='slowdive21']You got it. We should try to coordinate our efforts. There are multiple deal hunters in this area. Are you the guy with a shaved head I saw around or is that another deal hunter? I'm glad another CAG gets games rather than the one guy I always see at Target(s).

Did that Meijer get any metal gear bundles? I have not seen them there even on release day.[/QUOTE]

No shaved head here -- I have hair.

That Meijer is actually one I don't frequent too often, as it consumes my entire lunch hour to drive to and back from work. I never flip games -- all my game purchases are to be played and enjoyed.

And I'm not sure if they got any Metal Gear bundles -- I was in such a rush to get in and get out that I didn't browse that day.

[quote name='Slate']Some of you guys burn me up. "I can't believe people actually want to play this POS Game". WHAT. THE. BEEP.
:drool:

And you're buying copies to resell? Although I would profit off of it too.. I never do that.

You know what? Forget I said anything in this subject.[/quote]

Actually, what you said was pretty funny!

[quote name='Luckychunk']No shaved head here -- I have hair.

That Meijer is actually one I don't frequent too often, as it consumes my entire lunch hour to drive to and back from work. I never flip games -- all my game purchases are to be played and enjoyed.

And I'm not sure if they got any Metal Gear bundles -- I was in such a rush to get in and get out that I didn't browse that day.[/quote]

I do not flip games either. I only go to the non indie gamestores to get penny guides (which is rare too). I usually buy 2 copies of a game in case my brother wants one, then offer it on CAG and list it on amazon/half rather than make a trip back to the store to return it. OF course if no one trades/buys, then I take the stuff back if it is over $10 (otherwise I just keep it). I just returned an Avatar wii to target (12.48) since no one wanted it here.

Here is the chicago thread in case anyone wnats to connect with other CAGs in the area:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4911&page=108

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Just wanted to mention that I checked the trade-in value for Nights Wii at GameStop: $9 in store credit, which means $14 after the trade-2 promotion. Pretty good for flipping, I have to admit.[/quote]

No Meijers in my state.
Found an extra wii Super Monkey Ball at TRU today same TIV as Nights... hoping for trade...???? anyone?

bread's done
Back