Launch Date March 27, 2011

Price $249.99 MSRP*

Included in Hardware The following is included in the hardware set:
  1. Nintendo 3DS system
  2. Nintendo 3DS charging cradle
  3. Nintendo 3DS AC adapter
  4. Nintendo 3DS stylus
  5. SD Memory Card (2GB)
  6. AR Card(s) (view the cards using the outer cameras to play supported AR games)
  7. Quick-Start Guide
  8. Operations Manual (including warranty)

Characteristic Features
  1. 3D screen, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses and the ability to adjust or turn off 3D effect with the 3D Depth Slider.
  2. Stereo cameras that enable users to take 3D photos that can be viewed instantly on the 3D screen.
  3. New input interfaces including the Circle Pad, motion sensor, gyro sensor
  4. SpotPass, a feature that lets Nintendo 3DS detect wireless hotspots or wireless LAN access points and obtain information, game data, free software, videos and so on for players even when the system is in sleep mode.**
  5. StreetPass, a feature that lets Nintendo 3DS exchange data automatically with other Nintendo 3DS systems within range, even in sleep mode once this feature is activated by the user. Data for multiple games can be exchanged simultaneously.
  6. Convenient features that users can access without stopping game play such as the HOME menu, Internet Brower, Notifications, etc.
  7. Plenty of built-in software such as the Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound, Mii Maker, StreetPass, Mii Plaza, AR Games, Activity Log, Face Raiders, etc.
  8. Nintendo eShop where users can view trailers, software rankings and purchase software.
  9. System Transfer which enable users to transfer already purchased software from one Nintendo 3DS system to another. DSiWare purchased for the Nintendo DSi or the Nintendo DSi XL can also be transferred into a Nintendo 3DS system.***
  10. Compatibility functions where both new software designed for Nintendo 3DS and most software for the Nintendo DS family of systems can be played.
  11. Parental Controls which enable parents to restrict game content by ratings as well as use of specific wireless connectivity, 3D functionality, etc.****

Size (when closed) 2.9 inches high, 5.3 inches long, 0.8 inches deep.

Weight Approximately 8 ounces (including battery pack, stylus, SD memory card).

Upper Screen Wide-screen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses. Capable of displaying approximately 16.77 million colors. 3.53 inches display (3.02 inches wide, 1.81 inches high) with 800 x 240 pixel resolution. 400 pixels are allocated to each eye to enable 3D viewing.

Lower Screen LCD with a touch screen capable of displaying 16.77 million colors. 3.02 inches (2.42 inches wide, 1.81 inches high) with 320 x 240 pixel resolution.

Cameras One inner camera and two outer cameras. Resolutions are 640 x 480 for each camera. Lens are single focus and uses the CMOS capture element. The active pixel count is approximately 300,000 pixels.

Wireless Communication 2.4 GHz. Enabling local wireless communication among multiple Nintendo 3DS systems for game play and StreetPass. Enabling access to the Internet through wireless LAN access points (supports IEEE802.11 b/g with the WPA™/WPA2™ security feature). Recommended distance of wireless communication is within 98.4 feet. This can be shorter depending on the enviromental situation. WPA and WPA2 are marks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.

Input Controls Input controls are the following:
  1. A/B/X/Y Button, +Control Pad, L/R Button, START/SELECT
  2. Circle Pad (enabling 360-degree analog input)
  3. Touch screen
  4. Embedded microphone
  5. Camera
  6. Motion sensor
  7. Gyro sensor

Other Input Controls Other input controls are the following:
  1. 3D Depth Slider (enabling smooth adjustment of the 3D level effect)
  2. HOME (HOME button brings up the HOME menu)
  3. Wireless switch (can disable wireless functionality even during game play)
  4. POWER button

Connector Connector includes:
  1. Game Card slot
  2. SD Card slot
  3. Cradle connector
  4. AC adapter connector
  5. Audio jack (stereo output)

Sound Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen (supports virtual surround sound).

Stylus Telescoping stylus (approximately 3.94 inches when fully extended).

Electric Power AC adaptor (WAP-002 [USA]). Nintendo 3DS Battery Pack (lithium ion battery) [CTR-003].

Charge Time About 3.5 hours

Battery Duration When playing Nintendo 3DS software about 3-5 hours. When playing Nintendo DS software about 5-8 hours. Battery duration differs depending on the brightness setting of the screen. The information regarding battery duration is a rough standard. It can be shorter depending on what functions of the Nintendo 3DS system are used.

Game Card Nintendo 3DS Game Card. The size is approximately the same as Nintendo DS Game Card.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dozens']It's being released at the end of the year. Smartphones evolve so fast that they'll probably also have quad-cores by then. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I don't know... Tegra 2 was supposed to be out a year ago, but we still don't have any products shipping with that or with an A9 at all for that matter.

My guess is it'll be clearly the best when it launches, plus still, kind of a moot point since I'd rather have an original Gameboy than an iOS or Android device for playing games.

[quote name='destro4eva']This thing doesn't support/have UMD drives does it?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it'll use flash cards, thankfully actual physical media as opposed to download-only like the PSPGo.

Yeah, in an ideal world I'd like it to run PSP1 games, but I'm thankful at least it's using cartridges!

^^ Yes, of course. But today's announcement of the new PSP will inevitably cause people to reassess their position on the 3DS - and that's OK. We can discuss it here as long as it stays civil ;).

[quote name='Dozens']The problem with the PSP's library was that most of the games felt like watered down console ports.

If most people play their handhelds at home, why would they ever buy a PSP game when they can just play the superior console version?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. In my own personal "post-mortem" of why I never really played the PSP much beyond a honeymoon period at its launch (despite owning two of them - 1 still sealed in its box for well over a year), this is the conclusion I came to. It had some great looking games that I would love to play in theory but when it came down to choose what to play, I am always going to pick one of the 100 360/PS3 games in my backlog. I don't play portables except when travelling for work and the DS fits that role perfectly. I can't get into intense action games on airplanes due to the interruptions and motion sickness factor (prefer slower-paced games). I could get into playing a PSP or NGP in my hotel during trips I suppose for that "console-on-the-go" experience but the DS also serves that purpose well enough too.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, in an ideal world I'd like it to run PSP1 games, but I'm thankful at least it's using cartridges![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel the same way. I have all these soon-to-be-useless UMDs, but I'm relieved at least that Sony didn't go the way of the PSPGo (I guess that is truly dead now?). But it is funny how things have come full circle. Wasn't one of the big downfalls of Nintendo in the N64 era their sticking with cartridge media while Sony went on to CD-ROMs? Now the shoe's on the other foot :lol:.

[quote name='Wolfpup']They weren't necessarily superior at first, and anyway that's probably a minority of the PSP's library. Only reason it's not the case for the DS is it's been a decade since systems of it's class were having games actively developed for them.

Heck, right now the 3DS will be in the same boat since it's the same gen as the PSP and Wii (and PS2 which is sort of still here).[/QUOTE]

I don't really feel that way. The 3D, gimmick though it may be, makes it stand apart from anything I can play at home. Plus there's still the stylus-controlled screen (which allows for different game types than on the consoles). I'm not impressed with the touchscreen aspect of the new PSP because I don't really like that sort of gameplay as it is now on the iPhone (and I have no idea what to make of the touchpad on the back side - WTF!?). I know stylus's are probably not in style (heh) any more because of what Apple has done, but I still prefer that as a my interface method with touch-screen games. I have an iPhone but never play games on it - I use it for the email/web stuff ;).

What this will make me reassess, though, is my decision to get am iPad 2 when they come out. My son really wanted an iPad for Christmas (it wouldn't have been just for him but for the whole family of course). I almost got one, but when I heard of the revision probably coming in Feb/Mar I held off. Now I may just pass on that entirely and possibly just pick up the new PSP instead of that, rather than instead of the 3DS.

[quote name='Zaku77']PSP2 will clearly be more powerful, but then again the PSP was way more powerful than the DS....That worked out really well for 'em didn't it? haha[/QUOTE]

Well it was a better system and sold about 70 million, so I'd say it worked out pretty well for them.

They lost the piracy war though.

[quote name='steve nash']so my psp2 thread gets deleted, yet this msrp thread lives on

how biased is that?[/QUOTE]

Hey now, this thread serves a real purpose.

lololmfaohahah jk

[quote name='steve nash']so my psp2 thread gets deleted, yet this msrp thread lives on

Maybe it's not considered a deal until there's an official price.

^^ We have a winner!

I'm not sure what thread you are talking about but if it was in the Deals forum then I can see why it would be deleted - we don't have specific preorder info (price and release date) for the NGP yet. Once we do, there can be a preorder thread for it just like this one. There wasn't a 3DS thread in the deals forum the minute that first got announced last year either.

I'm also not sure what "bias" you would be talking about but in general on CAG Nintendo gets put down while Sony and MS are elevated, so it can't possibly be that. Or maybe you meant bias against you personally? ;)

[quote name='io']I'm not impressed with the touchscreen aspect of the new PSP because I don't really like that sort of gameplay as it is now on the iPhone (and I have no idea what to make of the touchpad on the back side - WTF!?).[/QUOTE]
I was under the impression that the reason for putting the touchscreen on the back is so your fingers don't block the view of the screen. As long as they provide an on-screen cursor to represent where you're making contact it could end up being a pretty useful idea.

[quote name='io']I'm not sure what thread you are talking about but if it was in the Deals forum then I can see why it would be deleted - we don't have specific preorder info (price and release date) for the NGP yet. Once we do, there can be a preorder thread for it just like this one. There wasn't a 3DS thread in the deals forum the minute that first got announced last year either.[/QUOTE]
True, but GS having a preorder link is different from the NGP only being announced. Even if the price isn't official, someone can still place a preorder; through CAG's GS referral system no doubt.
It just seems like a thin excuse that there's no official pricing/release date. To allow this thread at MSRP and cancel all the NGP preorder threads seems a bit unjust.
Not that it's a big deal. It's just more work for you mods in the end. You guys keep deleting the same thread as opposed to allowing one to exist so it can be found via search.

[quote name='Thrinn']I was under the impression that the reason for putting the touchscreen on the back is so your fingers don't block the view of the screen. As long as they provide an on-screen cursor to represent where you're making contact it could end up being a pretty useful idea.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - could be a good thing then. I tend to like my gaming devices to look pristine, which is why I'm against finger-based touchscreen stuff. This could work out then!

[quote name='Vader582']True, but GS having a preorder link is different from the NGP only being announced, even if the price isn't official, someone can still place a preorder; through CAG's GS referral system no doubt.
It just seems like a thin excuse that there's no official pricing/release date. To allow this thread at MSRP and cancel all the NGP preorder threads seems a bit unjust.
Not that it's a big deal. It's just more work for you mods in the end. You guys keep deleting the same thread as opposed to allowing one to exist so it can be found via search.[/QUOTE]

You mean the GS preorder for $999? Like I said before, we didn't have any 3DS preorder threads before the final pricing and release date announcement from Nintendo. If we did, they got deleted too. It is entirely consistent and fair, actually. The 3DS comes out in a few months. The NGP may come out at the end of 2011, but may not - when final details are released and everyone opens up real preorders at the real MSRP then we can have a thread for it.

it's true

The $999 NGP thread just isn't right because the price is unofficial.
Sony has not announce a price and thus a thread with the MSRP slapped right on the title and body can not be on the DEAL because it conflicts with CAG logic.

[quote name='Thrinn']Maybe it's not considered a deal until there's an official price.[/QUOTE]

Or an official date for that matter.

The only hint at a price that we have is from one of their execs who said they're trying for a $250-$300 "miracle". So it's probably safe to bet around $350.

Gamestop listing it at $1000 is just trolling. I'm worried it could actually hurt potential sales from casuals who see that and actually think it will be $1000.

[quote name='needler420']the PSP2 is going to be the most powerful handheld on the market, beating the iphone4 and Galaxy S in terms of power, even outperforming the upcoming Tegra 2 Phones, that have Dual Core Cortex A9's at 1Ghz where this is quad core with a rumoured clock of 1.5-2Ghz.

It will probably outperform the ipad2 as well.

Sony should put in a 7" or 10" screen have it dual boot with the Android Honeycombe and they can sell .

Look at PSP2 play uncharted
[/QUOTE]

Wow, I am impressed. In for 1. Thanks for the video. I hadn't been keeping up with the PSP2 news for months.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']I'm worried it could actually hurt potential sales from casuals who see that and actually think it will be $1000.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe GameStop thinks that they'll see the $1000 price tag on it now and be shocked, and then because of that, when the actual price comes out at around $350-400, they'll think "What a bargain!" :lol:

[quote name='arcane93']Or maybe GameStop thinks that they'll see the $1000 price tag on it now and be shocked, and then because of that, when the actual price comes out at around $350-400, they'll think "What a bargain!" :lol:[/QUOTE]

That is certainly the glass half full outlook, I'm too cynical to think like that lol

Actually, if they are going to put a price on there then that isn't a bad one to use. Obviously, they don't want to underprice it (say, put it at $250 and it comes out for $400) because then people would be locked into that price if they paid in full. And the don't want to put something closer to what it will actually be but probably a little above like $500 or $600 because then it really does look like that is the final price and may turn people off. $999 is kind of obviously a placeholder - it protects GS from selling it cheaply and on the other hand doesn't make it look like any sort of official price. Only the dumbest of the dumb would think that was any sort of real price.

Of course, it would simply be better if they just took $50 deposits without saying anything about the final price, but maybe their system doesn't allow that.

In any case, the other reason not to have a preorder thread for that GS pricing is that it is by no means something you will have to get in on ASAP or miss out on launch systems. With the 3DS it remains to be seen, but retailers could start pulling the preorder pages if they get too many and are told by Nintendo to cut them off. That is why this threas is Deals Forum-worthy. That ain't going to happen with GS's pre-preorder ;).

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Gamestop listing it at $1000 is just trolling. I'm worried it could actually hurt potential sales from casuals who see that and actually think it will be $1000.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you need to worry about that, since not a single "casual" is going to buy that console for the entirety of its life cycle. Some may receve it as well-meaning gifts, however.

[quote name='gkrykewy']I don't think you need to worry about that, since not a single "casual" is going to buy that console for the entirety of its life cycle. Some may receve it as well-meaning gifts, however.[/QUOTE]

So so true. PSP is the hardcore gamer's handheld.

[quote name='io']^^ Yes, of course. But today's announcement of the new PSP will inevitably cause people to reassess their position on the 3DS - and that's OK. We can discuss it here as long as it stays civil ;).[/QUOTE]

alrighty...
You heard the mod

This is now a NGP vs 3DS General Thread i guess.
bring on your opinions facts, boys...

Don't spare the children or the elderly

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
i will be here...enjoying the thread

The NGP is a great follow up to the PSP. But is anyone really going to cancel their pre-order of a 3ds and wait for it to show up? I kinda doubt it.

Also I call dibs on calling the touch on the NGP a gimick when the pre-order thread is opened. Somone else can flame Sony for putting out more then one version of their psp and say wait for the 2nd version of the NGP.

[quote name='KingDox']The NGP is a great follow up to the PSP. But is anyone really going to cancel their pre-order of a 3ds and wait for it to show up? I kinda doubt it.
[/QUOTE]

That was the first thing I did after I turned my computer on this morning. There's not even 1 good launch window game anyway so I won't miss much while I wait.

You're more than free to call the touch/sixaxis a gimmick, and I will agree with you 110%. But unlike Nintendo, Sony thought of me and added a 2nd stick so I can finally play handheld games the way they're meant to be played. The system as a whole has way more useful ammunition on its belt than 3DS does with the touch/motion/3D gimmicks.

Basically what I'm saying, in short, is that the # of gimmicks on psp2 is outweighed by useful stuff while it's the opposite on 3DS.

[quote name='io']

It had some great looking games that I would love to play in theory but when it came down to choose what to play, I am always going to pick one of the 100 360/PS3 games in my backlog. I don't play portables except when travelling for work and the DS fits that role perfectly.

The 3D, gimmick though it may be, makes it stand apart from anything I can play at home. Plus there's still the stylus-controlled screen (which allows for different game types than on the consoles).[/QUOTE]

I agree with this^^^

If I am at home, I would definitely prefer to game on a CONSOLE.

EDIT: Although I do enjoy playing portable games like 999, Hotel Dusk, and the Ace Attorney series at home, since there is really not much like these on the consoles.

I guess I'm a weirdo, but I never play my handhelds really except for at home, and over the last couple of years I touch them WAY more than my consoles. I just can't immerse myself into a game really if I'm out and about. I like laying on the couch or my bed, game in hand with the TV on in the background. I've even been known to play a game, have a phone convo, and watch TV at the same time. I love multitasking that way. :)

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']That was the first thing I did after I turned my computer on this morning. There's not even 1 good launch window game anyway so I won't miss much while I wait.

You're more than free to call the touch/sixaxis a gimmick, and I will agree with you 110%. But unlike Nintendo, Sony thought of me and added a 2nd stick so I can finally play handheld games the way they're meant to be played. The system as a whole has way more useful ammunition on its belt than 3DS does with the touch/motion/3D gimmicks.

Basically what I'm saying, in short, is that the # of gimmicks on psp2 is outweighed by useful stuff while it's the opposite on 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I don't think you'll be missing much by skipping on the the 3ds for the first 6 months. I figure the real gems won't show up till fall. The only problem you may run into is the 3ds being the 2011 hot toy and having trouble finding one.

I figured someone out there would cancel their pre-order post ngp announcement. I was just curious if they would be in this thread.

I did not cancel a pre order for a 3DS, but I was on the fence on the 3DS and now will be waiting. No second analog stick, graphics not that much of a jump. $250 without those improvements and $50 for games......too many negatives where the NGP looks great(though probably will not buy it right away either since it will be $400 I bet).

That's 1 thing I didn't think about. It's almost guaranteed now that psp2 games will reach $50 since they're almost ps3 quality. That's going to be an extremely bitter pill to swallow.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']That's 1 thing I didn't think about. It's almost guaranteed now that psp2 games will reach $50 since they're almost ps3 quality. That's going to be an extremely bitter pill to swallow.[/QUOTE]

Why?

[quote name='gojiboy']I guess I'm a weirdo, but I never play my handhelds really except for at home, and over the last couple of years I touch them WAY more than my consoles. I just can't immerse myself into a game really if I'm out and about. I like laying on the couch or my bed, game in hand with the TV on in the background. I've even been known to play a game, have a phone convo, and watch TV at the same time. I love multitasking that way. :)[/QUOTE]

I play mine a lot at home too. My only 'catch' is I try to save my portable games for when I'm out unless I finish all my 'console' games, just because I can play them more places.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Why?[/QUOTE]

Because it's for a handheld. Even now that the games are close to ps3, it's still a handheld game and I can buy a full fledged PC game for that price or a ps3 game for $10 more.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Because it's for a handheld. Even now that the games are close to ps3, it's still a handheld game and I can buy a full fledged PC game for that price or a ps3 game for $10 more.[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing, though -- one of the reasons why game prices have gone up as high as they have is that, with as complex as games have gotten, it now takes whole teams of people -- programmers, artists, musicians, etc. -- to make games, and all of those people have to be paid. With only a few exceptions, gone are the days when a commercial game could be created by a couple of people. Watch the credits on one of your console games sometime -- many of them are as long as movie credits. Handheld games have been somewhat exempt from this because they're not as complex -- they still require development teams, of course, but usually much smaller ones. Once those games start approaching "close to PS3", though, that's going to change.

You want a handheld with console-quality games? Then you're going to pay console-level prices for them. You might as well get used to it.

Yeah, and my "for a handheld" response is...so? I like cheaper games, and will buy more at launch for at $40 or less (especially $30 or less), but...

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Well it was a better system and sold about 70 million, so I'd say it worked out pretty well for them.

They lost the piracy war though.[/QUOTE]

From the numbers I've seen (feel free to look up your own) the DS sold at least twice as many units as the PSP. By comparison, their strategy of more powerful didn't work. Now they are once again putting out something more powerful than Nintendo, but the new Nintendo handheld has another new gimmick, as well as the Nintendo franchises. I just don't see this going well for Sony. Too bad really, this thing looks awesome >:D

[quote name='Zaku77']From the numbers I've seen (feel free to look up your own) the DS sold at least twice as many units as the PSP.[/quote]

With the numbers they sold, does it matter?

Isn't that a good way to judge success? lol I'm clearly not bashing it, as I said it looks awesome, and I very much want one. I just see Sony falling short again (sales-wise) with this strategy.

[quote name='Zaku77']From the numbers I've seen (feel free to look up your own) the DS sold at least twice as many units as the PSP. By comparison, their strategy of more powerful didn't work. Now they are once again putting out something more powerful than Nintendo, but the new Nintendo handheld has another new gimmick, as well as the Nintendo franchises. I just don't see this going well for Sony. Too bad really, this thing looks awesome >:D[/QUOTE]

So what? Nintendo could have sold 500 million and it wouldn't have affected Sony at all. Sony sold 70 million psps and probably made a shit ton of money. If they didn't, then that's because they sold each one at a loss, which is a Sony issue, not Nintendo. They jumped into an industry pretty much monopolized by Nintendo and did better than anyone else ever dreamed of doing.

Nintendo will always have the little kid and soccer mom market, because that's what they do and they don't take gaming seriously. If Sony can market this thing to gamers and smartphone people (like they are with the android collaboration), they can be wildly successful in their own market.

[quote name='Wolfpup']With the numbers they sold, does it matter?[/QUOTE]

It does if you look at the trajectories -- PSP unit sales were very frontloaded, and they've sold about zero units of software outside japan over the last three years.

[quote name='Zaku77']Isn't that a good way to judge success? .[/QUOTE]

It's good for fanboys and people to debate on forums, that's about it. There is no real console or handheld war, there is only profits.

The Wii is "winning" the console war on numbers alone, but Sony and MS are both making money as well and both sell way more software and get 80% of the games being made. It's the 1st generation ever to have all 3 doing well and making money.

edit: forgot about Valve and Steam. They're doing incredibly well too, but since they don't share numbers no one knows how well.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87'] they can be wildly successful in their own market.[/QUOTE]

i think this can be true to any company in the world that has their own market.;)

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']It's good for fanboys and people to debate on forums, that's about it. There is no real console or handheld war, there is only profits.

The Wii is "winning" the console war on numbers alone, but Sony and MS are both making money as well and both sell way more software and get 80% of the games being made. It's the 1st generation ever to have all 3 doing well and making money.[/QUOTE]

You're also debating on a forum, in case you hadn't clicked on to that. It is important though. If you are going to talk about how "successful" something is. There's a hell of a lot of things making money out there. When the one is making 100K they are technically successful, but when the one competing with it next to it is making 1 million....That affects how successful they are. If you are competing for the same market; your competitor's success frames your own.

The reason you as a consumer should care about sales (PSP vs. DS, NGP vs. 3DS, ect.) is simply this; if one system outsells the other by a large margin the games will follow the more successful system in the future. The DS has handily outsold the PSP worldwide in their lifespans, now look at the amount of games that get released on a monthly basis for both platforms. Developers started abandoning the PSP years ago. I mean sure, there are still a handful of devs out there who release high quality games for the PSP but they are few and far between. The sheer volume of new releases on DS each year is staggering. Many more choices for the consumer, more good games for DS owners to play.

For the NGP to be a closer competitor to the 3DS than the PSP was to the DS Sony just needs to not price themselves out of the market right away. If they can keep the NGP around $300 at launch then I think they have a legit shot to compete with Nintendo this time around. If not then it will be the PSP vs. the DS all over again, the more powerful more technical system will be beaten by the less technical cheaper system.

I don't think sony cares that the # of systems they sell gives me or anyone else a talking point. I'm sure they'd love to be selling like they did in the ps2 era, but you're not going to hear anyone who means anything say psp or ps3 is a failure because they didn't outsell Nintendo.

PS3 was a failure because it bled through all the money Sony made in the ps1 and ps2 era combined, not because it's currently 25ish million behind Wii.

[quote name='cgarb84']The reason you as a consumer should care about sales (PSP vs. DS, NGP vs. 3DS, ect.) is simply this; if one system outsells the other by a large margin the games will follow the more successful system in the future.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Why do all the good games only appear on pc/ps3/360 then? They abandoned psp because it was being pirated to hell and Sony themselves seemed to stop caring in the middle of the psp's life. There was a year-year and a half gap where almost nothing came out, 1st or 3rd party.

bread's done
Back