Nintendo 3DS $99 with trade-in (DSL, DSi, DSi XL) and PUR Coupon (8/12 - 8/14)

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Not too bad for a DS Lite or DSi trade-in. Given all threads on the 3DS price drop, I thought this needed its own thread.

EDIT:

If you're not a PUR member or don't have a coupon, the trade-in offers are tiered:
DSi XL: $99
DSi : $109
DSL: $119

this amounts to about + $10 trade-in

$99 for a 3DS?
It Must Be a PowerUp Rewards Pro™ Exclusive!

It's a mobile gamers dream! For a limited time, PowerUp Rewards Pro™ members can get a brand new 3DS for only $99* when you trade in your old DS Lite, DSi or DSi XL between Friday, August 12, and Sunday, August 14.

This hot deal requires a coupon, but we've got you covered! Look for the coupon Friday, August 12* in the Active Offers section of your PowerUp Rewards account. Simply log in, print your Pro members-only coupon, and get to your nearest GameStop store to take advantage of this offer.
Even if you don't own a DS system to trade, you can still take advantage of an awesome price drop! Upgrade the way you game to start playing in glorious 3D without 3D glasses. Get your 3DS for the low price of only $169.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barb I would like your coupon, but I can't pm from my phone. Oddly enough, I can go to my inbox though. If you would pm it to me that would be great.

Does anyone know if the traded coupons work? Has anyone used someone else's code for the deal? I'm worried GS will want you to show your PUR card too.

I've got an old (and unfortunately pink) DS lite and this is a great deal for me, if anyone has an extra and is willing to pm me. I can send along an XBLA code I have for the Maw if you want

Thanks!

I have a coupon I am not going to use. I love Steam gifts :)

send me a PM and I will hook you up. A gift of thanks is appreciated but not required.
-------------
Code sent out. Good luck to all still seeking one.

I have a coupon and I'm willing to work out something very cheap for it. PM me for details.

Just curious. What are the best games for a 10 year old on the 3DS other than Ocarina of Time. This includes any downloadable titles. I want him to have the most bang for the buck.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Just curious. What are the best games for a 10 year old on the 3DS other than Ocarina of Time. This includes any downloadable titles. I want him to have the most bang for the buck.[/QUOTE]

The Legend of Zelda DX is an absolute GEM of a game! I can't begin to describe just how charming, fun, and delightful the game is without gushing like an idiot. You can pick it up in the eShop. Well worth the money.

Kirby's Dreamland is also great. He doesn't absorb powers like the later Kirby games but it's still very good.

Just to clarify, if I use my coupon and trade in my DS Lite, I can still get a 3DS for 100? Or is it $120 with coupon?

Does anyone know if you have to be a PUR member to use the coupon? Does GameStop "card" you for this type of thing? Haven't shopped there since Chinatown Wars came out for DS.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Does anyone know if you have to be a PUR member to use the coupon? Does GameStop "card" you for this type of thing? Haven't shopped there since Chinatown Wars came out for DS.[/QUOTE]

Get a 3DS for only $99 – A PowerUp Rewards Exclusive Offer! Bring this coupon and your old DS Lite, DSi or DSi XL to score this deal!

Offer valid 8/12/11 - 8/14/11. Limit 1 per customer. PowerUp Rewards card required.

Although it does say this, like the OP mentioned, if not a member it is tiered I suppose. The coupon needed for definite $99 price.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']The Legend of Zelda DX is an absolute GEM of a game! I can't begin to describe just how charming, fun, and delightful the game is without gushing like an idiot. You can pick it up in the eShop. Well worth the money.

Kirby's Dreamland is also great. He doesn't absorb powers like the later Kirby games but it's still very good.[/QUOTE]

I'll check those out but I was hoping to find some decent 3D games. Are there any on the eshop at all? I really hate that nintendo doesn't do demos.

[quote name='liberaltugboat']
Also, for those who are get codes from someone else it MAY be tied to that member FYI.
Has anyone that has gotten a code from someone else actually redeemed it yet?
Before people start trading them and selling them we should find this out.[/QUOTE]

^^^
this

I was never even interested in the 3ds until I saw this deal. Cheated gamestop by traded in my broken ds lite and combined the pur coupon with the $50 extra for a 360 trade in. So I got $110 for the 360 that I originally paid $150 on ebay for, and I traded a bunch of 360 games to get a bunch of $10 extra credit. I ended up having $140 in trade in credit after I bought the 3DS, so I got SFIV 3d, OOt 3d, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Nintendogs and Cats.

The gamestop employee couldn't believe how great a deal this was. He pointed out that it's like you're getting $70 for the ds lite, when they sell used ones for $80.

I have a coupon that I'm going to pry myself away from. I just don't think the 3ds is for me right now. If anyone has an EA store 25% off birthday coupon I'd be more than happy to trade my Pur coupon for it. PM me.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I'll check those out but I was hoping to find some decent 3D games. Are there any on the eshop at all? I really hate that nintendo doesn't do demos.[/QUOTE]

personally I'd wait for starfox..which is less than a month away. I'm not sure if you're my age, by I refuse to buy my kids games I wouldn't play myself (or had already played). It's hard trying to tell them that the transformers game is absolute sh** even though they love the movie

[quote name='Interfeci']So did everyone who's a current member get one? I sure as hell didn't get this or the email.[/QUOTE]

You're a pro member?

I've read through the thread but wanted to confirm ... this weekend's PUR coupon does not work for phat DSes, right? Only the tiered ($129) trade-in works? I suppose $50 TIV is not bad, but I wanted to check. EDIT: $40 TIV, remembered the new price wrong. Thanks ssjmichael

[quote name='darksurtur']I've read through the thread but wanted to confirm ... this weekend's PUR coupon does not work for phat DSes, right? Only the tiered ($129) trade-in works? I suppose $50 TIV is not bad, but I wanted to check.[/QUOTE]

That would be a $40 TIV

[quote name='Interfeci']So did everyone who's a current member get one? I sure as hell didn't get this or the email.[/QUOTE]

It may be like when they issued the PS3 $100 off coupon a while back, only people who had no PS3 activity on their PUR account got it. So in this case maybe only people that have had some DS activity got them?

The coupon will show up in your 'Active Offers' area on the PUR website if you got it.

[quote name='edison']It may be like when they issued the PS3 $100 off coupon a while back, only people who had no PS3 activity on their PUR account got it. So in this case maybe only people that have had some DS activity got them?

The coupon will show up in your 'Active Offers' area on the PUR website if you got it.[/QUOTE]
For me, I don't have any DS or very little DS listed in my account, and I got it. For the PS3 $100 off coupon, I didn't get it probably because I had tons of PS3 games as listed in my library.

I have a coupon I wont be using, I'll give away for....wait for it.......FREE. First reply to me gets it.

EDIT- darksurtur got it

Had no trouble using the coupon to get a 3DS for my son. Problem is he really wants a red one. Has anyone tried returning a new unopened 3DS? I was hoping I could return it for the 170 in store credit and come back and get the red on on the 9th.

^ you are better off keeping it sealed and then exchanging it for the red on the 9th. trying to return the 3ds for $170 store credit might seem fishy to them (and likely will be denied) sincein theory you could try and use the credit for something else instead of the 3ds, which defeats the purpose of the promo.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']Do stores usually try out the system when u trade them in?? IDK if its my DS or my games, but sometimes my DS has trouble playing games (like it doesnt load up)[/QUOTE]
When I traded mine in, the guy put a game in to test it out. I think he was testing it for about 2 min.

Boy, I guess I should really get a computer so I can pm people giving away free codes. Sucks this phone will let me get to my inbox and reply to pms though... I guess I'll just ask again. Hopefully somebody sees this. I would really like a coupon if anyone has one to spare I would be really grateful. Thanks

I have a coupon and I'm willing to work out something very cheap for it. PM me for details or offer me something via PM.

Gonna go trade in my black DS lite today. I'm going to pick up a blue 3DS...as a gift...not sure for whom though :lol:

I have a coupon available for FREE for someone who is going to use it and not sell or trade it. I'll give it to the first PM from a CAG who has been a member for at least a year and has a minimum trade feedback of 1.

[quote name='technicalstylez']^ you are better off keeping it sealed and then exchanging it for the red on the 9th. trying to return the 3ds for $170 store credit might seem fishy to them (and likely will be denied) sincein theory you could try and use the credit for something else instead of the 3ds, which defeats the purpose of the promo.[/QUOTE]

I really want that red 3DS. I guess I'll just trade in my silver DS Lite for a blue 3DS and keep it sealed to exchange it for a red one on 9/9. This is a great trade-in offer by GS, especially for people who own a DS Lite.

[quote name='kk012']I really want that red 3DS. I guess I'll just trade in my silver DS Lite for a blue 3DS and keep it sealed to exchange it for a red one on 9/9. This is a great trade-in offer by GS, especially for people who own a DS Lite.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a good plan. Worst case is I keep the Blue, but definitely worth a try on the 9th.

bread's done
Back