Nintendo 3DS $99 with trade-in (DSL, DSi, DSi XL) and PUR Coupon (8/12 - 8/14)

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Not too bad for a DS Lite or DSi trade-in. Given all threads on the 3DS price drop, I thought this needed its own thread.

EDIT:

If you're not a PUR member or don't have a coupon, the trade-in offers are tiered:
DSi XL: $99
DSi : $109
DSL: $119

this amounts to about + $10 trade-in

$99 for a 3DS?
It Must Be a PowerUp Rewards Pro™ Exclusive!

It's a mobile gamers dream! For a limited time, PowerUp Rewards Pro™ members can get a brand new 3DS for only $99* when you trade in your old DS Lite, DSi or DSi XL between Friday, August 12, and Sunday, August 14.

This hot deal requires a coupon, but we've got you covered! Look for the coupon Friday, August 12* in the Active Offers section of your PowerUp Rewards account. Simply log in, print your Pro members-only coupon, and get to your nearest GameStop store to take advantage of this offer.
Even if you don't own a DS system to trade, you can still take advantage of an awesome price drop! Upgrade the way you game to start playing in glorious 3D without 3D glasses. Get your 3DS for the low price of only $169.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
was supposed to trade someone my coupon but haven't heard from them all weekend so.. first person (with atleast 1 feedback and has been here for more than one year) to pm me with their email address AND the correct name of this dinosaur wins it!

svl37c.jpg

will edit this when someone wins the coupon!

edit- given to a714generation for his knowledge of cool dinosaurs.

[quote name='darkinferno']Just got back with my new 3DS! Thank you to incainca for trading the coupon. [/QUOTE]

My question for you is, how much did incainca charge you for it? Because he charged me $5 and guess what. When I just tried to use it in person it didn't work because it kept saying IT'S ALREADY BEEN USED.

Thanks a lot incaina for making me look like an ass in the store. And thanks for selling me a bogus coupon. I'll take my $5 back now.

Tried using my coupon with my ds phat for the 3ds. Figured worth a shot. I guess serial on my phat was kinda rubbed off, so a no go here.

First PM with some kind of XBLM code or something comparable gets it.

Just got back from gamestop.

Traded in a bunch of DS games + Onyx DS Lite for the cosmo black 3ds. They asked if I had a PUR card and I said no and they had no problems with giving me one right then and there. I ended GETTING OVER $40 back. $0 out of my own pocket.

Feeling really good about this deal.

Thanks again to maccabee72 for the coupon, and anyone who receives a coupon, best of luck. Chances are they will allow you to use the coupon.

Now if you'll excuse me, time to put on my hori screen protectors!

[quote name='Bazz']Does anyone know where to get a zelda oot for cheap?[/QUOTE]

Best price I've seen thus far is $30 at Amazon right now. Doubt it will drop much further since it's the best selling 3DS game. Suppose you could wait for a B1G1 kinda deal if that's too much $.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Best price I've seen thus far is $30 at Amazon right now. Doubt it will drop much further since it's the best selling 3DS game. Suppose you could wait for a B1G1 kinda deal if that's too much $.[/QUOTE]

I saw that I have no issue with the price just wanted to try out this system, and have no game.

[quote name='Scottly']Thanks again to maccabee72 for the coupon, and anyone who receives a coupon, best of luck. Chances are they will allow you to use the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Unless, of course, you're unlucky enough to get a coupon from the one a$$hole on here who's SELLING the coupon to more than one other forum user...

Anyone looking for a coupon, don't pm incainca. He'll SELL you a coupon that he's sold to other users, meaning, it won't work when you're standing in front of the Gamestop counter trying to use it.

By the way, yes, I'm pissed. Which is why I'm posting numerous times.

All the nice fellow gamers on here offering coupons because they want other gamers to get a good deal when their coupon would otherwise go to waste and I find the asshole that's on here to make money.

Thanks to Spiritdragon101 for kindly giving me his spare coupon. Just got back with my new black 3ds. Went into the store asked to register for a free powerUp rewards card. Pulled out the coupon and my ds lite and they did the trade no problems even said it was one of the best looking ds lites they've seen traded in.

Funny though, when I pulled out the coupon one of the clerks said "how did you get that if you're not a power up rewards member?" I pointed at the new card and said but I am. haha.. After that he asked where I got it before I got the new card and I said a friend gave it to me. ;)

Got shot down for a hinge crack.
I guess it's up to chance if they offer to take it with refurb fees.

Does anyone have Fruit Ninja Kinect for trade? :)

I have been contemplating getting one, but I am going to wait. So... if anyone would like it (and is a longtime member of CAG), I will give via PM.

Gone.

Trading for any useful XBL code or something...

Really frustrated for not getting my DSL accepted.

If not, I'll post back for a give away.

Had time today to try and trade my DS phat for the 3ds while using the coupon. Unfortunately the coupon won't trigger the $99 price on a phat trade-in. Workers at both stores thought it would work since you can do a regular trade. They tried a few different steps but it won't fly. Oh well.

Already have a 3ds so only tried to do this trade if I could get 70 for my old phat. Just gonna put it back into storage.

Asked a few people I know if they wanted to use the coupon and a buddy decided to go for it.

I picked up one Thurs. night from Target to get in on the free games, then sold my DSi on Amazon for $90. ;) So if anyone wants my coupon, ask and ye shall receive. :)

So I got a coupon from a friend and tried to register a free PUR card at the store before using the coupon. He was willing to try it, but said I would have to confirm the email I used. I would have been able to use my smartphone to do this, but I realized I used the wrong spam email so I gave up and took the $50 trade-in for my DS Lite. Oh well, only $20 extra.

My DS doesn't have the barcode at the bottom and has a cracked hinge so no go for me. Is someone still in need of a code?

My friend gave me his nice white DS Lite to trade in for the 3DS but instead I traded in my nephews beat up 1 with the serial number worn off and they did it for me no problem so I guess I got lucky there.

I have a code as well but already have a 3DS. I know it's getting late but if anyone is interested. No trades, just PM me. First come first serve.

Traded in my DS lite for a black 3DS. I wanted to get the red one, but since that doesn't come out yet I decided to go with the black one. My DS was a missing the gba cover, but the guy that helped me didn't care. I'm guessing it depends on your luck because my friend got turned down in another gamestop store.

No bites on any XBL trades?

Send me a PM and I may be able to send the coupon in time.

Edit: maybe I wasn't clear, I'm giving it away for free. People on the west coast should be able to use it.

traded in my ds lite for a black 3ds. may keep it unopened to trade for red.
but if i get bored and i want to play a game i'm happy with black.
i loved my black ds lite so i know ill love this.

ps. about 5-6 gamestops in the area were sold out of the 3ds. i guess this price dropped helped sales ALOT or they didnt carry enough in stock o.0
another dude was trading in his ds lite for a 3ds there also and after that they had 1 3ds left.

hopefully with sales increase more 3rd party software games come out

I called all gamestops in north country SD, everyone is sold out of them and/or close at 6 and its 6:03 as i type this.. damn i remembered too late.

***The manager at one of these stores did say that he knows for a fact that they are running this promotion again when the red 3DS comes out and not to fret if i can't find one by the end of tonight.

Don't know if that's true or not though.

Went through a ton of trouble to get one, but finally got my store's last 3ds right before closing. Going to keep it sealed and maybe trade for the red. Want to see it in person though. Seems the new color is more pink than red.

[quote name='akuma77']fell in love with the black 3ds.
i used black ds lite and i like black.

Screw Red.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Traded my black ds lite today, got a black 3ds.

Always and forever

Got a coupon from Chucki Norris (thanks! :D) and went to go trade in my DS Lite. Mine had a small hinge crack but the cashier didn't seem to care or notice. Also traded in a bunch of PS3 games. Coupon worked fine even with my free PUR membership. Only problem was the cashier convinced me to upgrade my card to the Pro membership for supposedly $3 more instead of $15... I looked at the receipt afterwards though and I'm somehow not convinced. She told me it was in all of the goofy transaction lines they do on the receipt (I took advantage of the trade in 3 PS3 games, get extra $10 promo and there's extra 10% for some reason on each game I traded in for having a PowerUp card) but I'm pretty sure that was just a ploy to get me to pay $15 more since I knew it seemed oddly expensive for the 3DS even with all the trade ins... Probably gonna go back and get a refund since the website says you can cancel your membership within 7 days. Anyways, they only had blue so I just got a blue one because apparently the $99 coupon wouldn't work on the red one or something so I'll probably go exchange it when it comes out or just get a black one.

TL;DR: coupon worked, but I think cashier tricked me into upgrading to Pro >_> Anyone happen to know if it is actually possible to get a discounted Pro membership by accumulating a high amount of trade ins in one go? o__o

[quote name='FinalTriggerX']Got a coupon from Chucki Norris (thanks! :D) and went to go trade in my DS Lite. Mine had a small hinge crack but the cashier didn't seem to care or notice. Also traded in a bunch of PS3 games. Coupon worked fine even with my free PUR membership. Only problem was the cashier convinced me to upgrade my card to the Pro membership for supposedly $3 more instead of $15... I looked at the receipt afterwards though and I'm somehow not convinced. She told me it was in all of the goofy transaction lines they do on the receipt (I took advantage of the trade in 3 PS3 games, get extra $10 promo and there's extra 10% for some reason on each game I traded in for having a PowerUp card) but I'm pretty sure that was just a ploy to get me to pay $15 more since I knew it seemed oddly expensive for the 3DS even with all the trade ins... Probably gonna go back and get a refund since the website says you can cancel your membership within 7 days. Anyways, they only had blue so I just got a blue one because apparently the $99 coupon wouldn't work on the red one or something so I'll probably go exchange it when it comes out or just get a black one.

TL;DR: coupon worked, but I think cashier tricked me into upgrading to Pro >_> Anyone happen to know if it is actually possible to get a discounted Pro membership by accumulating a high amount of trade ins in one go? o__o[/QUOTE]

Yes, because the membership gives you extra money for your trade ins.

the membership gives you 10% more.

so if the 10%total of the trade-ins didn't equal 15, there's your problem.
don't forget about the ridiculous tax on the 3ds so that too.

you get a b2g1 free coupon with ur membership though so i'd just keep it.
you can use it on used 3ds games later. very useful

[quote name='akuma77']the membership gives you 10% more.

you can use it on used 3ds games later. very useful[/QUOTE]

The extra 10% does not apply to the DS trade-in, though - just the games he traded in...
I got a flat $70 for my DS and I've had Edge/PUR Pro for many years. That may be the way it always is, but I've never traded a system to GS before so it was new to me (not getting the 10% that is).

[quote name='akuma77']the membership gives you 10% more.

you can use it on used 3ds games later. very useful[/QUOTE]

Yeah the trade-ins add up to like $4.35... If I'm correct what the cashier did was charge me $15 and then pretended that the Pro sign up discount was hidden in the bonus credit lines. I guess when you sign up you automatically get the benefits right away, hence the 10% bonus credit on the games. Or at least that's how I see it... Because I only had a free membership before and I'm pretty sure the free one doesn't give you extra trade in credit. I can provide a receipt scan if that would help.

i went to do the dsi for 3ds trade thing today and they were sold out so the employee let me use the promotion towards the flame red 3ds. problem is when he rang me out it wouldnt take the promotion so he wrote on the receipt he would take off an xxx...amount when i pick the system up. heres the issue. he wrote 16.07 on the receipt which doesnt make sense when the system traded in for 45$ shouldnt it be 25$ plus the difference in tax??? our tax bracket is .08125 in ny. so if im doing my numbers correct it should be a total of 108.11. my receipt says my total was 179.74(im assuming it took 45$ off the total tax free.). i already have the local dm not liking me so im worried hes going to think im trying to rob from gamestop and fully ban me over this employees mistake. anyone got any ideas on what i should do???

[quote name='gauu']i went to do the dsi for 3ds trade thing today and they were sold out so the employee let me use the promotion towards the flame red 3ds. problem is when he rang me out it wouldnt take the promotion so he wrote on the receipt he would take off an xxx...amount when i pick the system up. heres the issue. he wrote 16.07 on the receipt which doesnt make sense when the system traded in for 45$ shouldnt it be 25$ plus the difference in tax??? our tax bracket is .08125 in ny. so if im doing my numbers correct it should be a total of 108.11. my receipt says my total was 179.74(im assuming it took 45$ off the total tax free.). i already have the local dm not liking me so im worried hes going to think im trying to rob from gamestop and fully ban me over this employees mistake. anyone got any ideas on what i should do???[/QUOTE]

stand up to manager and if he gets hissy call district gamestop manager in the store

[quote name='akuma77']stand up to manager and if he gets hissy call district gamestop manager in the store[/QUOTE]

Umm the district manager is the one that is the problem...

[quote name='nas6034']Umm the district manager is the one that is the problem...[/QUOTE]

how can you have someone not like u who u shouldnt even be talking to that often o.0

are you 100% sure that you're right first? if its simple and u can explain it simply enough for the regular manager to understand then go

cuz tbh most of what you posted was not easy to understand, at all.

plain and simple then...he only gave me 45$ for the dsi as the system was having errors and wrote on the receipt he would refund me 16.07 when i pick up the red 3ds. it should be 26.07 1.07 for the tax difference and 25(aka 70 is what it shouldve traded in for so 70-45=25$) does that make more sense???

as far as the dm not liking me its cause i buy a lot of rpgs and he thinks since im spending so much on games that im just dealing games. i collect rpgs for all systems and some come out on multiple systems. hence the same game being bought more then once just for a different system. anyhow due to him thinking im a dealer he has me flagged to watch out for in the system. thats why im saying im worried on what to do.

bread's done
Back